Oh Man Seok 오만석

Guest Dahee Fanel

you are welcome okta. I see u are following the show on KBS world, me too.

Among all the OMS' dramas, I still like The Vineyard Man and Hyena the best. Kind of sad that he acts in Everybody Cha Cha Cha, but then, I think he always had a good reason on the work that he decided to do. Too bad I never had a chance to catch his stage play and musical :( .

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you are welcome okta. I see u are following the show on KBS world, me too.

Among all the OMS' dramas, I still like The Vineyard Man and Hyena the best. Kind of sad that he acts in Everybody Cha Cha Cha, but then, I think he always had a good reason on the work that he decided to do. Too bad I never had a chance to catch his stage play and musical :(

So far I've only seen The Vineyard Man and Everybody Cha Cha Cha. Haven't seen Hyena yet. Judging from the 2 dramas, of course I prefer TVM ^__^

Now I'm downloading every fan made MVs from TVM so I can made my own karaoke video ^^;;

And I think I could use the video you recommend for this karaoke thingy ^^

Where did you watch Hyena? Since my internet speed is pretty crap, is there link to LQ video so I can download it?

Thanks,

So far I've only seen The Vineyard Man and Everybody Cha Cha Cha. Haven't seen Hyena yet. Judging from the 2 dramas, of course I prefer TVM ^__^

Now I'm downloading every fan made MVs from TVM so I can made my own karaoke video ^^;;

And I think I could use the video you recommend for this karaoke thingy ^^

Where did you watch Hyena? Since my internet speed is pretty crap, is there link to LQ video so I can download it?

Thanks,

You may try to download Hyena from aja aja:

http://aja-aja.com/regular/Hyena

Guest lucbabe

I am watching everybody cha cha cha now. Only because OMS is in it. I literally fast forward to the parts that he is acting in, but still able to follow the plot well, shows how draggy the show is. Dun really like the girl he is paired with though, not as cute as YEH! And she has bad bad dark eye circles. The girl as his cousin, is so much prettier =))

Guest lucbabe

Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone knows where I can get the lyrics for The origin of love , sang in the Musical Hedwig. I just saw OMS singing on youtube. Absolutely haunting music.

Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone knows where I can get the lyrics for The origin of love , sang in the Musical Hedwig. I just saw OMS singing on youtube. Absolutely haunting music.

The Origin Of Love

아주 오랜 옛날, 구름은 불을 뿜고

하늘 넘어 높이 솟은 산

오랜~옛날

두쌍의 팔과 두 쌍의 다리를 가진 사람

하나로 된 머리 안에 두 개의 얼굴 가진 사람

한번에 세상보고 한번에 읽고 말하고

한없이 큰 이 세상 굴러 다니며

아무 것도 몰랐던 시절 사랑 그 이전 uhm~

the origin of love~(the origin of love~)

the origin of love~(the origin of love~)

그 옛날 세 종류 사람 중, 등이 붙어 하나된 두 소년

그래서 햇님의 아이

같은 듯 다른 모습 중 돌돌 말려 하나된 두 소녀

그들은 땅님의 아이

마지막 달님의 아이들

소년과 소녀 하나된

그들은 햇님, 달님, 땅님의 아이

아~아~the origin of love~

이제 불안해진 신들은 아이들이 저항이 두려워 말하길

"너희들을 망치로 쳐죽이리라 거인족 처럼"

그때 제우스는

"됐어! 내게 맡겨 그들을 번개 가위로 자르리라

저항하다 다리잘린 고래들처럼"

그리곤 벼락 꽉 잡고, 크게 웃어대며 말하길

"너희 모두 반쪽으로 갈려 못 만나리 영원토록"

검은 먹~구름 몰려들어 거대한 불꽃되고

(drum fill)

타오른 불꽃 벼락 되어 내리치며 번뜩이는 칼날 되어

함께 붙은 몸 가운데를 잘라내버렸지

햇님, 달님, 땅님 아이들

어떤 인디안 신, 토막난 몸을 꿰메고

매듭을 배꼽 만들어 우리 죄 다시 생각케 해

오사이러스 그 나일의 여신 폭풍 일으켜 세워

거대한 허리케인, 갈라지는 하늘

검게 쏟아지는 폭우, 거침없는 파도에 흩어져버린 우리

끝없는 절망 속, 마지막 애절한 소원

한쪽 다리와 눈만은 제발 남겨 주시길~

(간주)

나는 기억해 두개로 갈라진 후

너는 나를 보고 나는 너를 봤어 널~

알 것 같은 그 모습, 왜 기억할 수 없을까

피 묻은 얼굴 때문에 아니면 다른 이율까

하지만 난 알아 니 영혼 끝없이 서린 그 슬픔

그것은 바로 나의 슬픔, 그건 고통

심장이 저려오는 애절한 고통, 그건 사랑

그래 우린 다시 한몸이 되기 위해 서로를 사랑해

그건 Making Love~ Making Love~

오랜 옛날 춥고 어두운 어느 밤

신들이 내린 잔인한 운명

그건 슬픈 얘기 반쪽 되어 외로워진 우리 그 얘기

The origin of love~

That`s the origin of love~

The origin of love~

The origin of love~

The origin of love~

fr.: http://search.nate.com/search/album_info.h...AE&ai=18048

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rhb2009

hi there!..........just found this thread & i must say that i'm also a fan of OMS ever since TVM ( & now currently hooked on EBCCC 'coz of him) ...........he's one helluva actor.......quite the chameleon, this korean thespian....... i'm terribly impressed by his resume......from what i've read & seen here (the still pix) he's gotta be one your best kept secrets, i mean amidst an onslaught of pretty-boy/popular/hyped starlets, you have a rare find in OMS who seems to have an uncanny knack of slipping in & out of roles (pointedly flawed ones, no less) & is not afraid of going against the grain.......i know, i'm gushing all over this guy (can't help it, but i'm sure all of you die-hard OMS fans understand this swell of emotion, right :P ) ........ & TQ to you dahee, (& all the others too) for the lovely pix & snippets of him that you've posted here.......agreed, all the better to drool over B) .........BTW, i'd really appreciate if anyone here could provide an English translation of OMS's song "Good Person" from Finding Kim Jong Wook........ i just melt whenever i hear him sing this song :P

p.s ~ methinks he's looking younger & slimmer now, meeooow.........

Hi rhb2009,

Welcome to the club. I know exactly how you feel about OMS ^^

It's been over than a month since I've watched TVM, and I still can't get over him. This is a very rare case for me to fall for an actor so deeply ^^;; *blushed*

Until now I'm still chasing after all photo/media/article related to him ^^;;

I even started to learn Korean, just in case I'll meet him someday ^^;;

Guest rhb2009

hi there okta,

yeah i find it very hard to explain the irresistable charm of OMS to my friends who are utterly flabbergasted with my choice of fav. korean actor........... he seems like a genuinely,warm, real person, you know....... & not some conjured up-far off-dolled up-figment of the imagination-only to be seen on celluloid-kind of an actor [even though he's acted as one.....think Hedwig...] ......& he's got a lovely singing voice to boot ......... B)

i have here a rather technical question to ask which i've been puzzling over for some time now...........& i hope someone can explain to me why one of OMS' plus points has been credited as being his pronunciation (i read this somewhere can't recall by whom though)........... by "pronunciation" do you mean the way he enunciates his words / clarity of his vocalisation / his diction / speech pattern etc....... & does this then mean (gasp! no offence intended guys) most korean actors have problems with pronounciation?

• 1 month later...

I missed his performance when watching 2009 KBS Drama Award. I knew he was performing cause my sister told me.

But I'm not too worry, since I know there must be OMS fan who will upload it to youtube asap ^^

Thank you for uploading it guys :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Dahee Fanel

Hi all! Long time no talk. :)

Just a little update on our Manzzang: He's currently acting in the play Yi for the fifth time in the role of Gong-gil. It's a special 10th anniversary performance. This will be his last time playing this role. The play's run began in February, and his last performance is on the evening of March 21st.

Also, here's an interview of his I translated back in December:

http://daheefanel.wordpress.com/2009/12/07...ew-oh-man-seok/

And here's a clip from his birthday party with fans on January 30th:

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipViewByVid.d..._mGySnc1o$

ETA: And a couple of Arirang clips spotlighting him:

• 1 month later...

5/8/10 on entertainment relay I saw some news about him and his co-star jaIn from Jolly widows...are they a real couple now? I don't understand the news but heard the word "like"...anyone know?

I kind of got the news...he was at a amusement park with his daughter and jain was along as well. They both are denying the claim of coupledom and saying they went as friends since working together on Jolly widows they became friends.

• 2 months later...

awwww ... awesome news! ^_^

Oh Man Seok and Jo Ahn Are Dating

2010071712394591303_2.jpg

Former co-stars Oh Man Seok and Jo Ahn have admitted that they’re dating!

The two of them were embroiled in dating rumours this past May when they were spotted at a children’s centre on Children’s Day with Oh’s daughter, and they denied the rumours at the time, saying they were just friends. But on the 16th they were seen in the airport and left for a secret trip to Japan together. (Not so secret now, huh?) They reportedly left for Japan in the morning, and returned that same night.

In a phone call with the press, Oh’s publicists confirmed that the two have begun dating very recently (they were not dating when the initial rumours began back in May), and that their relationship has not yet progressed enough for them to leave on a trip lasting several days together (hence the few hours long trip). Plus, the two of them have been very busy with work lately, and don’t have much time for rest. But because they’d both been feeling stressed out lately, they decided to go on the short trip together in order to cheer each other up. And Oh Man Seok is normally the kind of person who decides to leave on trips spontaneously.

Jo Ahn is currently filming the SBS daily drama Three Sisters, while Oh is preparing for an upcoming episode of Drama Special, and the comedic musical Toxic Hero. He also has a cameo appearance coming up for the currently airing MBC drama Road No. 1.

source : Dahee's Plastic Castle

• 5 weeks later...
Guest miyabi

I just watched The Vineyard Man after years of debating whether to see it or not (I had no faith in a farming drama) Turned out to be soo amazing. I feel like rewatching it a million more times. I'm totally in love with Man-suk! His singing voice is sooo dreamy. I think he became my favorite Korean singer as of now. But I have trouble locating his songs. Would anyone know where to download HQ rips of his songs from his musicals? I've been desperately searching for two days, but I haven't found anything. And the 4shared links don't work. Waaah. :[ Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D Thanks all! :wub::wub::wub:

hi, it seems that like everyone else, he's captured me in The Vineyard Man, and I've fallen for him so so deep. gawd. he makes me wanna marry a country bumpkin. i feel so weird, especially because i've never felt such a pull from the small screen before. he's awesome, really charismatic, and of course no one in my real life understand me feelings because he's not the conventional hot guy.

love the bday party clip (thanks Dahee!) although generally i don't like the idea of celebrating birthday with fans - an awkward concept imo - he changed my mind. from what i see, although i don't understand a thing, he seems to be a very pleasant, down-to-earth, friendly, and a really cute dude!

now i really really want to watch Hyena but can't seem to find any :( anyway, the point is, go Oh Man Seok!! i've become a faithful fan and i'll wait for his awesomeness and his future dramas since it's very unlikely that i will watch any of his stage work. (dang, why was i born non-korean?)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm new here.. Can someone please tell me how to register in his official website www.ohmanseok.com? I tried to registered but everytime I put in the Social Security Number it seems to be invalid. Please help me, I want to join his fanclub :tears: Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Guest Dahee Fanel

Manzzang update!

He's been cast in the play True West, and will be acting in it until February. He'll be joining actors Hong Kyung In, Jo Jung Seok, Kim Dong Ho, etc. He'll be playing the character of Lee, a successful family man. The play is the fourth installment in the currently running series "I Like The Stage", and tells the story of a pair of very different brothers. It'll run from November 26th to February 27th.

Looks like he'll be busy in the upcoming months! :)

Archived