• Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Nataya309

k.nataya309

i open forum 4 him at koreasarang. let we make man-zzang sit in thai fan heart

http://www.koreasarang.com/forum/upload/in...?showtopic=4082

You've got it..... I'm sure .....

Thank you so much.....

ขอบคุณมากกกกกก เลยค่ะ "sjslover" อยากเปิด website ให้ Oh Man Seok ของเรา มาตั้งนานแล้ว แต่ไม่มีความสามารถ ค่ะ

Thanks so much,,,,,,,, you are the one,,,, you are my heroooooo :):):):)

Love you so much,,,,,, TTTThhhhhhaaaaaaaannnnnnkkkkkkkkkkssssssssssssssss :wub::wub::wub:

:D:D:D

Guest sjslover

Thank Dahee Fanel and other member here that make me know more about OMS

Finally I know myself that why I love him, I love his acting, he was so nature, look so friendly, I love his smile

• 4 weeks later...
Guest zanessa

hi i'm new

love OMS

saw him in VM with YEH

he is quite dynamic i just found that he had a thread

i've see his website but cant undestand it

it great this thread was opened love his voice and the genuiness that is OMS

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sjslover

hi i'm new

love OMS

saw him in VM with YEH

he is quite dynamic i just found that he had a thread

i've see his website but cant undestand it

it great this thread was opened love his voice and the genuiness that is OMS

Hi zanessa

If u love OMS in VM. U will also love him in Hyena, he is so lovely

Guest Jindyx05

Hello everyone, :blush:

Does anyone could tell me about OhManSeok Performing at this moment???? 'cause I didn't hear anynews from him for a while ???

I heard he will have musical play " Dream Girl". That's right, isn't it ???? :sweatingbullets:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kdramafanusa

I came across a review of movie "Our Town".

Source: ohmynews

'Our Town,' Haven for a Serial Murderer

A clever thriller cannot quite overcome genre conventions

Kyu Hyun Kim (qhyunkim)

Published 2009-03-01 13:47 (KST)

qhyunkim_384875_1[674342].jpg

©2009 Object Films/CJ Entertainment

A gruesomely murdered body of a young woman is found hanging from an elementary school gym iron, in the form of a crucifix. Exhausted cop Jae-sin (Lee Sun-gyun) realizes that a serial killer is lurking in his neighborhood: the victims range from an eight-year-old girl to a middle-aged businesswoman. He gets unexpected help from his game designer friend Kyung-joo (musical actor Oh Man-seok, popular from the Korean stage version of "Hedwig and the Angry Inch").

But nothing is what it seems: Kyung-joo drops in a stationary store run by child-like and strangely-named Hyo-yi (Ryu Deok-hwan), and receives a text message that reads: "Sir, I know you are the murderer."

Korean filmmakers tend to have trouble portraying unapologetically evil characters, always making excuses for them in their sad backgrounds (a fate that befell, to be fair, even Hannibal Lecter) or turning them into cartoonish abstractions, a grotesque Pinata calculated to draw the sticks and rocks of class resentment (A typical example is the fund-manager psycho in Kang Woo-suk's "Public Enemy"). There are indeed successful examples of "giallo"-style thrillers with a hard edge among Korean films ("Tell Me Something" comes to mind), but more often than not a serial killer tends to function as a handy symbolic presence for the dehumanizing forces of Korean society.

qhyunkim_384875_1[674343].jpg

Seen in this light, "Our Town's" screenplay by Mo Hong-jin shows considerable chutzpah by directly delving into the social psychology of serial killing, putting the killer at the center of the narrative. Likewise, newcomer director Jeong Kil-young displays an assured hand in stitching together various strands of narrative and generating suspense without relying on post-production gimmicks or cheap shock tactics. Actually, Jeong's best scenes are those not directly related to the central plot, such as an extremely natural interaction among Jae-sin and other cops filmed in a long take, or a weirdly witty third-person dream sequence about two sisters and a dude with black fingernails.

qhyunkim_384875_1[674344].jpg

Both Oh and Lee deliver excellent, restrained performances, the former believably manipulative and conflicted when required and the latter high-strung but never histrionic. Unfortunately, Ryu, while a talented young actor, is not quite believable. Jeong does not help the matter by making him flip his eyeballs and fairly foam at the mouth in the overcooked climax, which does not quite sink the film but nonetheless brings it a notch and a half down in my estimation. As per recent Korean films, makeup effects, production design (Kim Hye-jin) and cinematography/lighting (Lee Gang-min and Kim Yu-sin) are all first-rate.

"Our Town," even though it ultimately capitulates to the lugubriously Korean-style jeremiads on the decline of communal spirit and the evil effects of money on social relationships, is a rather decent mystery thriller that avoids insulting the viewer's intelligence and manages to hold its own against flashier crowd-pleasers like "Seven Days."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sjslover

not much going on but still waiting

:D hi

Did u saw hyena. man-zzang so cute.

I just finish our town . I think this movie was good ( even I didnt like thriller movie )

it's unbelievable that i cry for Kyoung-joo (oh manseok).

if your age over 19years . watch it. it not terrible as much as we think ( at first time i didnt c it because i dont like bloody movie)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dahee Fanel

Hi everyone! :) Long time no post. Sorry, I've been busy. But I bring good news! Not only is Manzzang currently performing in the musical "Dream Girls" (and sporting a moustache for it, too!), but he's also been nominated for Best Actor in the upcoming Seoul Musical Awards!! :D

Here's the article from the News thread:

2009-04-02

Shortlist announced for Seoul musical awards

SEOUL, April 2 (Yonhap) -- The shortlist for South Korea's largest musical awards announced Thursday attests to the "movical" boom in the country and the strength of crossover actors and actresses.

"The Harmonium in My Memory" and "Pounds Beauty," musical adaptations of domestic box office hits from 1999 and 2006, respectively, earned the highest number of nominations in nine categories each, including best play and best actor.

Struggling with shoestring budgets amid the ongoing global economic downturn and a limited fan base, a growing number of musical producers are turning to popular cinema for "old but proven" ideas. In the process they've created what's come to be known here as the "movical boom."

"We were thrilled to see the musical industry growing at an overwhelming speed despite the economic downturn. Korea is, indeed, the fastest rising market in the world," Ahn Ho-sang, chief of the event's nomination committee, told a press gathering. "This year, we have made more of an effort to examine plays with a fair, domestic method."

The candidates competing in the Musical Award, to be held April 20 in Seoul, were selected among works staged for a one year period from April 1 last year through March 31 this year in Seoul and the adjacent Gyeonggi Province. Winners will be selected by a nine-member jury, 50 culture journalists and 100 audience members.

The inclusion of audience members in the jury panel is one of the most notable features of the awards, established in 2007.

"These are the people who bolstered the musical sector through difficult times," the award's chairman Yoon Ho-jin explained. "It is important that we reflect their opinion."

Seventy candidates have been shortlisted for 17 categories.

Four plays, including "Really Really Like You" and "Brave Brothers," will be competing for the best creative musical prize, while "My Scary Girl," "Symptom of Adolescence," "Caffeine" and "Time.." have been nominated for best small theater musical.

Crossover actresses including former vocalist Sonya, and Choi Sung-hee, better known as "Bada" of the former girls' pop group S.E.S., have been nominated for best actress along with two other candidates for their leading roles in "Jekyll and Hyde" and "Pounds Beauty," respectively.

Five actors, including Oh Man-seok of "The Harmonium in My Memory" and Kim Ho-young of "Zanna, don't" will be competing for best actor.

Credits : hayney@yna.co.kr

Source : Yonhap News

Guest sjslover

Hi Dahee fanel

I very glad to c u again. i so happy to c u again, ^^

Thank for information of manzzang's news.Oh,God, please let man-zzang win in musical award.

I will go to seoul korea next week, but unlucky that i can not c dream girls because i must work

(finish around 10pm) very sad.

Guest Dahee Fanel

Long-overdue pics of Manzzang after his first performance in "Dreamgirls" (yes that is a real moustache!) :

SSJ_9670.jpg

SSJ_9665_B.jpg

SSJ_9619.jpg

SSJ_9616.jpg

Pics from the magazine "Hallyu PIA":

pia3.jpg

pia2.jpg

Credit: ohmanseok.com

Did you also know that Manzzang showed up for a few seconds in the recent documentary "SBS Special: Shower - Living As An Actress in Korea"? He's good friends with Moon Jung Hee, who co-produced the program, and he sat down with her to talk about his own insights into Korean actresses' plight in showbiz. He didn't say much, but he did admit that actresses have it worse off than actors in the business, and that although things have definitely improved for them, he feels sad when he sees how some of his fellow female classmates have dropped out of acting due to marriage, etc.

I took some screencaps of this scene. Sorry, they're not very good quality.

SBS_-090322HDTVXViDavi_001508340.jpg

SBS_-090322HDTVXViDavi_001510408.jpg

SBS_-090322HDTVXViDavi_001513078.jpg

SBS_-090322HDTVXViDavi_001523989.jpg

SBS_-090322HDTVXViDavi_001528560.jpg

SBS_-090322HDTVXViDavi_001535400.jpg

SBS_-090322HDTVXViDavi_001536902.jpg

SBS_-090322HDTVXViDavi_001540939.jpg

SBS_-090322HDTVXViDavi_001549414.jpg

SBS_-090322HDTVXViDavi_001552117.jpg

SBS_-090322HDTVXViDavi_001559090.jpg

SBS_-090322HDTVXViDavi_001560825.jpg

SBS_-090322HDTVXViDavi_001563295.jpg

SBS_-090322HDTVXViDavi_001565363.jpg

*Screencaps taken by Dahee Fanel for soompi.com

Also, he recently guested at a friend's concert! He sang a song, too. :) I'll post pics of that later, when I have more time. Peace!

Guest Dahee Fanel

Pics from his guest appearance on March 29 at Lee Young Mi's concert; he also sang the song "Standing On This Road" with her. :)

man78.jpg

man7.jpg

man6.jpg

man55.jpg

man4.jpg

man3.jpg

man1.jpg

man.jpg

man1-1.jpg

IMG_5060e.jpg

IMG_5054e.jpg

IMG_5052e.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

IMG_2602.jpg

IMG_2575.jpg

IMG_2565.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dahee Fanel

Pics of Manzzang emceeing at The Musical Awards! :D

IMG_2916.jpg

IMG_2932.jpg

IMG_2945.jpg

IMG_2956.jpg

IMG_2965.jpg

IMG_2966.jpg

IMG_2969.jpg

IMG_2973.jpg

IMG_2999.jpg

IMG_3024.jpg

IMG_3124.jpg

IMG_3136.jpg

IMG_3146.jpg

IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3207.jpg

IMG_2898.jpg

IMG_2890.jpg

DSC_3807.jpg

DSC_3806.jpg

DSC_3795.jpg

DSC_3793.jpg

DSC_3678.jpg

DSC_3655.jpg

DSC_3642.jpg

DSC_3618.jpg

DSC_3516.jpg

DSC_3505.jpg

DSC_3502.jpg

DSC_3381.jpg

2009-04-22_12man.jpg

Personally greeting fans after the ceremony:

IMG_3234.jpg

IMG_3235.jpg

Rehearsal pics:

2009-04-22_12.jpg

2009-04-22_12zzang.jpg

2009-04-22_12zzang2.jpg

2009-04-22_12zzang3.jpg

2009-04-22_12zzang4.jpg

I'm currently downloading the HQ video of the ceremony. I'm planning on uploading it to MU after it's done downloading. If you want a copy, just let me know. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sjslover

Oh dear dahee fanel

cud u please upload HQ video of the ceremony . I really really want to c him, or please let me know where i can got it. thank :D

Guest Dahee Fanel

^Sure, sjslover, no problem. :) I'll edit the ceremony into the Man-zzang parts, then upload it onto MegaUpload for you. I'll edit this post once I'm done. :)

Guest lovejosh

^Sure, sjslover, no problem. :) I'll edit the ceremony into the Man-zzang parts, then upload it onto MegaUpload for you. I'll edit this post once I'm done. :)

Thanks for this , also very appreciate that you could upload the whole awards to MU...

Really like his performance !! But the video source is so rare...

Archived