JY updated his weibo telling he got sick, no wonder he's pretty quiet today despite heading to Beijing from Shenzhen instead directly to Shanghai. Hopefully he'll get better soon!

@jingwoan the video has been released, it should be on Lovely Things youtube

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I may be entering "delulu land" with you, but i'm still pretty confident that there will be a S2. As for the DVD, i think demand is going to outstrip supply. If the momentum for "Addicted" is allowed to slide into obscurity then it's madness. It wouldn't make sense to me. 

This is a S2 babbling, so whoever is not interested, ignore this post. (might be negative a bit, so skip it:sweatingbullets:)

This is my post from another Addicted forum where people were quite clueless (depressed) why ZZ and JY is not seated together at the festival and I decided to give them an explanation. And...

Spoiler

...I know you are pretty confidence about S2, and I am happy to see your confidence about it all the time :)... so after reading my below post if you can share with me your point of view why do you think after all this they can pull it out in a way that wouldn't damage the guys' career and they'd happy to participate. I am honestly curious of your opinion, because whatever happens it seems like nothing can crush your confidence :w00t:

So this is what I posted:

1. It started around the HC recording. We all know, just looking at the fancams, that ZZ and JY basically owned the show, their chemistry and interactions were amazing and since the CP fanbase was huge, all fans went crazy over them, especially seeing them reuniting after two weeks. 

2. Since the industry saw the big hysteria around them and that their presence together can skyrocket the views of any show, next day they were suddenly invited to partake in RFL 2. 

3. Fans were going more and more crazy about them, the CP wave was growing day after day. 

4. Then came the backlash. Suddenly we got the news that HC is sending the recording to SARFT and might be HY and ZZ will be cut out of the show, because they are a popular CP and few activities of the show imply 'intimate scenes' (which is a big pile of richard simmons. They were only wrestling, that activity is actually very common on HC)

5. After the above news came out anti fans started spreading fake rumours that ZZ and JY will be banned, or they never can participate in the same show again because being a popular CP and their somewhat imitate interaction is a sensitive topic and this could endanger their career. I have to add here that at the time these were really fake rumours, but unfortunately they had their effect: the fans started to panic, afraid that it will damage ZZ and JY's career. So what did they do? They decided not to quote CP in weibo posts (before that it was trending quite often) to protect ZZ and JY. 

6. Then, it went out of hand... many fans turned away from the CP world and they divided: ZZ-only, JY-only, ZZ-anti, JY-anti fans, and CP fans (there are still quite a lot fortunately, but not that many as before)

7. One more thing: the HC trailer was supposed to come out yesterday but for some reason it did not. Fans were really angry, but it makes you wonder why didn't they release the trailer as usual? Have they really cut out most JY and ZZ and don't want fans to know about it? This whole thing is a mess...

So after this madness and being even SARFT involved it has come down to this. Now, I assume, the management of ZZ and JY is trying to prevent seeing them together too much. I don't think it was coincidence that the MC was acting out as JY's gf yesterday. 

However I don't think it has changed their relationship at all. Look at the video. Would you see ZZ's smiling and paying attention to someone who he was in bad terms with? I don't think so. They still very much admire and love each other, so don't worry. Maybe it is even better for them, so fans won't stalk them and they keep their relationship in private... And I think they are clever enough not to let the media/fans separate them.

---

So what I am trying to say here, their management, the media/industry are trying to (at the moment) separate their names from Addicted. 

On the other hand everything changes so quickly in this fandom and in the guys' life, maybe the sun will raise for S2 one day, whatever triggers it... but with the above facts I don't see it happening anytime soon. 

• Like 10

49 minutes ago, alvinboi said:

Sina news reported that the Happy Camp show did not give a trailer to its next episode (i.e. JY & ZZ's episode) last week. According to the article, HC usually shows a trailer at the end of the episode. I'm not saying this so as to scare everyone here. Please keep calm. We just have to keep a close eye on Happy Camp weibo this week before Saturday comes.

(Power of Positive Thinking conjecture)

The network knows this is gong to be one of the most watched episodes. Maybe they're pulling a trick from KDrama-land. How KDramas will show a preview Wednesday night for Thursday's episode, but on Thursday night they don't show any preview for the next week's episodes. Kind of a "We know you're hooked, why we would give you anything" type feeling.

(Yeah, I know, quite often they haven't even filmed the next week's episodes. So what?...I can conjecture :phew:)

• Like 15

1 hour ago, htuvecila said:

News: JingYu will join Go Fridge ss2, Chinese version of Korean variety show "Take care of my fridge". He'll be the guest with another Chinese celebrity in 2 episodes. ZZ is not in the guest list for this ss.

Is this a cooking show? What are they supposed to do here if I may ask? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yaoimazter78 said:

Is this a cooking show? What are they supposed to do here if I may ask? 

Usually they'll bring their fridge to the show so the professional cooks/panels can cook a dish by the ingredients they have in the fridge :) I haven't seen Korean one, but I've watched 1 episode of the Chinese version and it was so much fun. Theres GOT7 Jackson as one of the panels and he's so hilarious. I believe his gag code is similar to JY's. But then Jackson has this skill to be close to anyone in a blink

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, kmmyzz said:

JY updated his weibo telling he got sick, no wonder he's pretty quiet today despite heading to Beijing from Shenzhen instead directly to Shanghai. Hopefully he'll get better soon!

@jingwoan the video has been released, it should be on Lovely Things youtube

@kmmyzz went to have a look....they dont have it :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ayasdai said:

This is a S2 babbling, so whoever is not interested, ignore this post. (might be negative a bit, so skip it:sweatingbullets:)

This is my post from another Addicted forum where people were quite clueless (depressed) why ZZ and JY is not seated together at the festival and I decided to give them an explanation. And...

Reveal hidden contents

...I know you are pretty confidence about S2, and I am happy to see your confidence about it all the time :)... so after reading my below post if you can share with me your point of view why do you think after all this they can pull it out in a way that wouldn't damage the guys' career and they'd happy to participate. I am honestly curious of your opinion, because whatever happens it seems like nothing can crush your confidence :w00t:

1. It started around the HC recording. We all know, just looking at the fancams, that ZZ and JY basically owned the show, their chemistry and interactions were amazing and since the CP fanbase was huge, all fans went crazy over them, especially seeing them reuniting after two weeks. 

2. Since the industry saw the big hysteria around them and that their presence together can skyrocket the views of any show, next day they were suddenly invited to partake in RFL 2. 

3. Fans were going more and more crazy about them, the CP wave was growing day after day. 

4. Then came the backlash. Suddenly we got the news that HC is sending the recording to SARFT and might be HY and ZZ will be cut out of the show, because they are a popular CP and few activities of the show imply 'intimate scenes' (which is a big pile of richard simmons. They were only wrestling, that activity is actually very common on HC)

5. After the above news came out anti fans started spreading fake rumours that ZZ and JY will be banned, or they never can participate in the same show again because being a popular CP and their somewhat imitate interaction is a sensitive topic and this could endanger their career. I have to add here that at the time these were really fake rumours, but unfortunately they had their effect: the fans started to panic, afraid that it will damage ZZ and JY's career. So what did they do? They decided not to quote CP in weibo posts (before that it was trending quite often) to protect ZZ and JY. 

6. Then, it went out of hand... many fans turned away from the CP world and they divided: ZZ-only, JY-only, ZZ-anti, JY-anti fans, and CP fans (there are still quite a lot fortunately, but not that many as before)

7. One more thing: the HC trailer was supposed to come out yesterday but for some reason it did not. Fans were really angry, but it makes you wonder why didn't they release the trailer as usual? Have they really cut out most JY and ZZ and don't want fans to know about it? This whole thing is a mess...

So after this madness and being even SARFT involved it has come down to this. Now, I assume, the management of ZZ and JY is trying to prevent seeing them together too much. I don't think it was coincidence that the MC was acting out as JY's gf yesterday. 

However I don't think it has changed their relationship at all. Look at the video. Would you see ZZ's smiling and paying attention to someone who he was in bad terms with? I don't think so. They still very much admire and love each other, so don't worry. Maybe it is even better for them, so fans won't stalk them and they keep their relationship in private... And I think they are clever enough not to let the media/fans separate them.

---

So what I am trying to say here, their management, the media/industry are trying to (at the moment) separate their names from Addicted. 

On the other hand everything changes so quickly in this fandom and in the guys' life, maybe the sun will raise for S2 one day, whatever triggers it... but with the above facts I don't see it happening anytime soon. 

Why do i think that S2 is still on the cards? To be honest i don't have definitive answer to that. I don't have any "inside info" but i've never been a pessimistic guy. I've always been optimistic. In my mind, until someone actually says that S2 is dropped and will never be made, i'll always be optimistic. 

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, jingwoan said:

@kmmyzz went to have a look....they dont have it :dissapointed_relieved:

Aww bummer :/ I downloaded the full version and I'm pretty sure one of the youtubers uploaded it already but I can't find it yet. I'll link it to you if I've found it! 

• Like 2

With the help of all so talented fellow-threaders here, I would like to have a photo of Chai Jidan.

She is our Genie of the lamp, who could make appear all the stories around our heroes.

Also, please a photo of ZZ riding an electric bike and making the two-fingers sign. This photo had already been put here by someone (it was at happy camp time may be), but I cannot find it back (the thread is so huge !).

In advance, all my thanks !

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ayasdai said:

Hide contents

---

well, i agree with your timeline. 

Spoiler

i mean i am still surprisingly hopeful about s2, given that its happening outside of china and cjd has enough determination. i was maybe half confident in s2 having the same cast, but now i think the chance of zz and jy participating in this franchise again is zero.

before the award show, this mess just seemed like rumors and online richard simmons stirring, but atfer the show...well, its very clear to me now how seriously all sides are taking this. its even more obvious bc there were also other bl actors there. i felt awkward watching everyone skirted around addicted and acted like they are 2 completely unrelated celebrities. while zz has music release to mention, the show treated jy like some weibo celeb that randomly got popular (that weird gf skit...i dont even). when everyone knows why he's here but cant acknowledge it in case lord voldemort might swoop in on them lol

to be honest, even if zz and jy never publicly acknowledge each other on china soil ever again, it wouldnt surprise me. nothing would surpise me at this point after this award show. and that's okay!! they are real people and have the rest of their careers to worry about. i still will always have the novel and gh/bly, the realest and most beautiful otp of all times  :heart:

i keep my expectations at ground level so every good thing will be a surprise gift :)

• Like 14

1 hour ago, shuwei said:

it was cute how andy was answering the questions in canto but he said SHANGYIN in mandarin hoping the host would know, and then repeated it again canto. if they dont wanna release the dvd for us then at least do it for andy lol

also i'm loving this dots/addicted mania popularity parallel, except i know song joongki's ep wont be treated like this once he comes on happy camp in may sigh .___.

OMG. MAYBE, JUST MAYBE. With more endorsement by established celebrities like Andy Lau, maybe they can use their star power to pull strings and make sure that Addicted DVD go on smoothly. Same for Addicted Season 2! *excited*

Song Joongki is coming onto Happy Camp show??! *doubly excited*

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, shuwei said:

before the award show, this mess just seemed like rumors and online richard simmons stirring, but atfer the show...well, its very clear to me now how seriously all sides are taking this. its even more obvious bc there were also other bl actors there. i felt awkward watching everyone skirted around addicted and acted like they are 2 completely unrelated celebrities. while zz has music release to mention, the show treated jy like some weibo celeb that randomly got popular (that weird gf skit...i dont even). when everyone knows why he's here but cant acknowledge it in case lord voldemort might swoop in on them lol

Exactly! I find this extremely weird and hypocritical. Obviously, people in China and the entertainment industry want one thing and is at odds with what the Chinese authorities want. This award show really highlighted how absurd this whole thing has become. JY & ZZ are wildly popular, with fans, with media, everywhere. But at this award show, it was like no one was supposed to mention WHY they're so popular. It looked really weird when they were presented with their awards, and they only showed random photoshoot photos of them both... It's the biggest elephant in the room ever! On the other hand, isn't it quite positive that despite all this, a lot of people are obviously willing to spend money on JY & ZZ? Still willing to give them a lot of attention. I imagine if you're unaware of Addicted and watched that show, you would have been a little confused about who they are and why they're there. Particularly JY, since ZZ was performing. 

It's still weirder that Addicted is brought up in some interviews, sometimes in great detail even. I really don't get how this works. I'm feeling doubtful the people in charge have any clue either, as schizophrenic as they're all acting. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, sohocomo said:

(Power of Positive Thinking conjecture)

The network knows this is gong to be one of the most watched episodes. Maybe they're pulling a trick from KDrama-land. How KDramas will show a preview Wednesday night for Thursday's episode, but on Thursday night they don't show any preview for the next week's episodes. Kind of a "We know you're hooked, why we would give you anything" type feeling.

(Yeah, I know, quite often they haven't even filmed the next week's episodes. So what?...I can conjecture:phew: )

There better be some good shots of JY & ZZ's interaction. *channel more positive energy to god of editing*

• Like 5

Guest skeletonworks
11 hours ago, ximichem said:

Something funny from Weibo I'd like to share, about JY pic of standing with spread out legs cuz microphone was too low

OP acc: (auto trans) This is a long picture [Doge]slowly slide [Meow meow]into the middle to be enlarged pause[Meow meow]

and you click on the pic to see what she tried to say

Hide contents

006pw94Kjw1f2rxreoxgxj30q81x7k25.jpg

and still don't know what's going on (from auto trans)

then you look for answer from comments below

- What is pause and enlarge in the middle? I don't understand  [Doge][Meow meow]

- Sliding down the line...

- Enlarge at what ah!!!!!!!!

[Doge] 污 (dirty-minded)

- 欧巴的长腿!(Oppa's legs) (auto-trans be like Obama legs and I died laughing LOL)

- Legs two meters!

- His mission: I want handsome! What's the use of standing straight? Cannot see my face! Cannot let people cut my long straight leg then tag this is HJY's legs. You see my face!

- Screen fit ee9092.png

-Tsk, you dirty-minded. But I like it [Oh yeah][Oh yeah][Forward][Forward][Forward][Forward][Steal music]

- Mobile phone cannot handle that big legs [collapse]

[Doge][Doge][Doge]

Me /died laughing/

I still don't get it :-/ What are they talking about? Johnny's legs?? T_T Or were they talking about Johnny's crotch because they talked about zooming in? But I didn't see anything? :-/