1 minute ago, cutter27 said:

Yes, it is very hard. I have one before and it's just too much to handle. It is sweet at first but later on it will drive you crazy.

My ex bf was actually pretty much like GH(the aggressive and obsessed with me). GH is much sweeter and understanding. haha

• Like 1

Although GH's actions can be adorable at times, they can also be a sign of a very abusive relationship. Hitting, forcing himself on him, kidnapping, rape, emotionally damaging LY's psyche. Take note the way they even started at first was very rocky with all the pranks. His heart is in a good place, his actions or way he deals with those emotions are either extremely sweet or extremely sick. Like an Addiction (har, har, I know, bad pun). Either way, we can all agree that GH is an extreme personality.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, radi770 said:

Please tell me that im not the only one who saw that BLY was with underwear and then in the morning with pants?!?

GH is a genius...to glue the beds togther LOL

i remember, in one of the translations that BLY really sleeps "nude" or just with underwear.  but when GH started "sleeping with him", he wore pants to sleep

• Like 2

Okay. Correct me if I'm misinformed...But I think I'm gonna read the novel only. I mean I'm getting annoyed because I don't feel like the show is BL enough. So far the show isn't promising me anything that I saw in the trailer. Then I read somewhere that there are episodes that are UNCUT versions?! But the UNCUT versions will be released on DVD??! WTF!! Unless I see one kiss, I'm outta here! Sorry, but I guess I'm just picky.

I watched all 10 episodes & i really like this series.the plot continues like Gu Hai kidnaps BLY and forces kiss on him.Later they did reconcile after kiss even though BLY doesnt reciprocate kiss.BLY dad gets married to aunt Zou and GH tells BLY apart from his father no one loves him as much as he does.BLY cries on GHY shoulders as shown in teaser .I think guy with slim structure shown in teaser is GH's cousin.He tears them apart.Can anyone translate novel of their meeting after seperating for 8 years how they meet and what happens.

I read all posts in this forum and i watch teasers and behind scenes till new episode airs.Some said in novel GH rapes BLY and its their first time and in teaser BLY carries drink GH to bed and kisses him.does web series changed from novel.I really dont like if BLY takes first step towards GH.It must be GH.

I dont know chinese,if i had known i would have finished the novel already..i never watch series while running,i watch only after completed and that too happy ending..i dont like dramas that drag all episodes with 3rd character interfernce and uniting at last episode.This web series is better than those dragging and routine dramas,after counter attack i really enjoyed watching this series.

But mostly in series they dont change clothes much,no matter how many episode they wear same clothes,in counter attack also they always wears same clothes.

Edited by mym999
  • Like 1

Novel comparisons for Episode 10

Gu Hai = GH, Bai LuoYin = BLY

More details from the novel

Source: Are you addicted, Vol. 1, Ch. 73 & 75. Credits to author Chai JiDan.

1. Ch. 73, parts:

Spoiler

BLY confronting GH regarding his dad's job switch

The novel explains the reason for BLY's upset. Excerpt:

Although BLY didn't say it, his eyes showed that he was feeling quite troubled. On one hand, he cherished Bai Han Qi. He cherished the cheerful look on Bai Han Qi's face earlier. On the other hand, he also felt uneasy. On what grounds are his dad's dreams being built by GH? He didn't even get to give back and be filial to his dad!

>> I get where BLY is coming from when he felt the need to be the one contributing to his dad's dreams. It's a sense of duty of a son for his dad. But in the end he didn't persist on rejecting GH's help because of this.

At the end of the confrontation

BLY said that he's open to getting help from his buddies but it felt different when he got help from GH. GH heard this. And the novel writes:

Yes! Why is it different?

GH had a rough idea on the answer and this answer made him feel happy secretly on the inside.

2. Ch. 75: BLY playing a prank on GH

Spoiler

>> It's pretty much the same as the novel. GH sang and wanted BLY to sing. BLY complied, sang and realised GH fell asleep after 3 minutes. BLY's mind filled with angry thoughts, cursing in his mind that his song has become a lullaby for GH and that GH is just a kid unlike what others say of him as the most charming mature guy, body-building prince etc. LOL. Then, the cactus thing happened. LOL.

Also, GH putting his hand over BLY's crotch in the novel. What's left out in the episode is this: "His hands were placed on the hard object in between the legs." LOL that's something only Johnny will know. xD

Parts that are missing or different from the episode

Source: Are you addicted, Vol. 1, Ch. 76 to 79. Credits to author Chai JiDan.

Notes: This list may be incomplete. Also, this list contains summary and excerpts from the novel.

1. Ch. 76, parts: Jin Lulu’s demise/ Gu Hai’s freedom/ Their break-up

Spoiler

Missing from the episode

GH arrived at Jin Lulu’s school and parked his car under an old tree where Jin Lulu and GH used to meet frequently when they didn’t have phones. It was her recess break and GH first saw Jin Lulu and the guy together at the drink stall. Upon seeing GH, Jin Lulu hooked the guy’s arm.

>> Jin Lulu had this all planned out from here. What a...

Also, at the hotel, Jin Lulu was screaming those nasty things at GH with joy inside actually. She was happy to see GH jealous. And when GH said that they are over, she was hit hard. She regretted and feared for this outcome, just like in the episode.

GH drove on the highway feeling very gloomy. And the novel writes:

GH drove to an unfamiliar street. He parked his car in front of a shop. He rested his head on the steering wheel, falling asleep slowly. This nap went on for God knows how long. By the time GH opened his eyes, every shop on the street had closed their doors, except for Kentucky which had a few homeless people.

The phone beside him rang. GH picked it up and saw a foreign number.

"Are you still coming back or not?"

The call hung up before GH could say yes.

The phone screen displays "2:51".

GH put his phone down, leaned against the seat and closed his eyes to feel every one of those words again.

His lost soul returned in an instant.

He turned his car around. An immense amount of happiness struck his heart.

>> Hmmm. There are a few minor differences in the episode but the overall feel is the same. In the novel, BLY called using a foreign number, which is probably his dad’s phone since he had none. And, GH didn’t say a word here, unlike GH in the episode who said, “Hello”.

2. Ch. 77: After reaching BLY's house

Spoiler

Missing from the episode

BLY comforted GH with a joke calling him Wu Da Lang. Wu Da Lang is an ugly character in the famous Chinese novel, Shui Hu Zhuan. GH told him that they had been a couple for 3 years. Then, BLY asked, "Are you feeling sad or furious?" And the novel writes:

Actually, GH had been thinking about this question on his way here. When he saw Jin Lulu and the guy appeared in the same room, he was extremely depressed. But where did it come from? Was it because he couldn't let it go? Was it because he was heart-torn? These descriptions seemed to be missing the spot. But, the most obvious and direct pain must have come from the trampling of his pride. Any guy would not be able to tolerate his humiliation. Thus, he was controlled by anger back then.

Of course, GH would not tell BLY this.

"I am really quite sad."

BLY suddenly pushed GH some distance away, raised his torso slightly and placed his head against GH's chest.

GH's heart beat faster immediately. What... What is he doing? Is he doing this to comfort me?

BLY quickly moved away and rested his head on his pillow.

"I heard it. I heard your conscience scolding you."

"..." GH lay back onto BLY sluggishly and said with a lazy voice and some begging tone, "Comfort me, comfort me please."

BLY sighed, patted GH's back and said, "Wu Da Lang! Listen to your brother. Let it be..."

GH took a bite out of BLY's shoulder fiercely.

BLY swept GH's neck with a punch and scolded, "Are you a dog?"

GH smiled. The knot in his heart seemed to have been untied amidst the fight. Perhaps it should be like this between guys. No cute chats of comfort needed. Nor is sobbing uncontrollably needed. As long as you know me sufficiently and I feel your caring thoughts, no matter how severe the setback is, everything will pass, after patting each other's shoulders.

"Aunty Zou is going to have a grand opening of her shop tomorrow," BLY placed his hand to cushion his head and said calmly.

GH said with much emotions, "So fast? Is everything ready on her side?"

"Almost. Let's go there tomorrow."

GH rubbed BLY's face a few times and said, "What tomorrow? It's today. The sky will be lighting up very soon."

Only upon hearing GH's words did BLY realise that, "I actually waited for him for so long..."

>> I used the word ‘furious’ but the phrase actually means ‘anger out of indignation’. Meanwhile, the phrase used in the episode, in that context, means ‘unbearable due to indignation’. In any case, their meanings are somewhat similar. Also, why did they cut out the parts of GH biting BLY & GH rubbing BLY’s face???

3. Ch. 78: Before Jiang Yuan arrived at the grand opening

Spoiler

Missing from the episode

Jiang Yuan was talking to a subordinate. Jiang Yuan had him/ her to investigate on the culprit who made the chief to compensate Aunty Zou for damages. Apparently, she was the one behind the wrecking of her stall due to her jealousy for Bai Qi Han's close relationship with Aunty Zou. So, she found out that it was Gu Hai. She also knew that Aunty Zou's new stall has a grand opening today and so she went down.

>> Gosh, how can a mum be so scheming towards someone who is taking care of her son so well in place of her??? I see why Bai LuoYin hates her so much…

4. Ch. 79: Identity revelation (Read more here.)

Novel comparisons for Addicted Web Series, Season 1 [Complete]

Episodes:  1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6   |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10  |  11  |  12  |  13  |  14  |  15   

List of official channels:

YouTube Addicted Official YouTube China Huace (Investor)

• Like 9

The links to Eng Sub of this series are [Engsub] HEROIN Webseries - Ep.1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZJfd1B11Ks
[Engsub] HEROIN Webseries - Ep.2 https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RTx94MUieg
[ENG SUB] Addicted Web Series EP 3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GISXVnF9zzQ
[ENG SUB] Addicted Web Series EP. 04 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLuMBb7-WDc
[ENG SUB] Addicted Web Series EP. 05 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu10-Rob3aU
[ENG SUB] Addicted Web Series EP. 06 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxYgI0SuQKM
[ENG SUB] Addicted Web Series EP. 07 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12NMc3eRGhk
[ENG SUB] Addicted Web Series EP. 08 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrwOvxnz9xA
[ENG SUB] Addicted Web Series EP. 09 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoOwUFsZUks
[ENG SUB] Addicted Web Series EP. 10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoMYSduaCaI

Edited by mym999
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, mym999 said:

I watched all 10 episodes & i really like this series.the plot continues like Gu Hai kidnaps BLY and forces kiss on him.Later they did reconcile after kiss even though BLY doesnt reciprocate kiss.BLY dad gets married to aunt Zou and GH tells BLY apart from his father no one loves him as much as he does.BLY cries on GHY shoulders as shown in teaser .I think guy with slim structure shown in teaser is GH's cousin.He tears them apart.Can anyone translate novel of their meeting after seperating for 8 years how they meet and what happens.

I read all posts in this forum and i watch teasers and behind scenes till new episode airs.Some said in novel GH rapes BLY and its their first time and in teaser BLY carries drink GH to bed and kisses him.does web series changed from novel.I really dont like if BLY takes first step towards GH.It must be GH.

I dont know chinese,if i had known i would have finished the novel already..i never watch series while running,i watch only after completed and that too happy ending..i dont like dramas that drag all episodes with 3rd character interfernce and uniting at last episode.This web series is better than those dragging and routine dramas,after counter attack i really enjoyed watching this series.

But mostly in series they dont change clothes much,no matter how many episode they wear same clothes,in counter attack also they always wears same clothes.

I will agree with you on that. It seems so cliche. There does seem to be a lot of cliches in the series but the chemistry be the two main leads don't make it as corny as it normally would be. I'm glad there's not a lot of love-triangles stuff.

4 minutes ago, radi770 said:

The series has 15 episodes beacuse they cut some parts

I think the last episode will air in 28/2

I just wish they complete it in 1 season with happy ending..I really dont want to wait for season 2...

Yeah its 3 episodes a week.

I am definetely buying the DVD when it releases. Also if i remember correctly:

Episode 11 will be the first kidnap scene right? (the rape is at the second kidnap after they start living together).

So in EP11 will GH finally confess his feelings?

6 hours ago, bamburn04 said:

Although GH's actions can be adorable at times, they can also be a sign of a very abusive relationship. Hitting, forcing himself on him, kidnapping, rape, emotionally damaging LY's psyche. Take note the way they even started at first was very rocky with all the pranks. His heart is in a good place, his actions or way he deals with those emotions are either extremely sweet or extremely sick. Like an Addiction (har, har, I know, bad pun). Either way, we can all agree that GH is an extreme personality.

This was pure Dominant & Submissive type of love. IMO

DVD in english version available...??? i just want eng sub no matter the episode or behind scenes..its too dificult to understand chinese for me....

in my life i watched more than 500 dramas in different languages....the least watched language dramas are chinese...i watched only 5-6 dramas in chinese language and this is 1 among them..i had 1 tb of Hard disk full of dramas and movies...but in chinese folder only 2 dramas..1 is my sunshine and other is love me if you dare...

• Like 1