[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

I just rewatched episode 18, my two cents for Ds:

Go grab that guy, you never know where and when you'll find someone who loves you like him. You are his entire universe. He might never show it in a grand way, but you'll be loved and cherished for the rest of your life. :wub:

Then I remember... this is just drama and all is up to writer nim and the production team. 

• Like 14

Actually all reply series male lead lost they first love becoz of the timing, but destiny finally won.

That’s destiny, not timing....JW will know soon...on Friday, to be exact.

i’m not keen on the husband hunt, i'm juz so 1000% sure that JW is the hubby but juz too heart breaking when seeing him get hurt....T^T

• Like 10

4 hours ago, kayle01 said:

Husband clothes

Junghwan clothes ep 15

Its kind of similar right  ?? plus they are both wearing the same style of shirt underneath ;)

Also junghwan likes to stay with his both of his hands inside his pockets, ive seen him a lot of times but to be fair all of the characters do even taek so its not really a clue :/  Example here where JH is wearing similar jacket and is in a similar position: 

The only thing that makes me think the husband is JH based on his style is because ive never seen Taek where similar jackets, ive only seen him wearing coats. Anyone seen Taek wearing jackets like the husband ?? 

A good point, chingu! It's confirmed KJH = KJH 99,99%. I'll leave the 0,01% to the writer's insanity.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, scualquiercosa said:

Hi, I'm new write ng here, I just replyed a comment but now I want to write about something. When I started R88, I was very excite because I'm a big fan of the serie, but in the second episode when I watch the interaction between actual DS and her husband, I thought: Oh! So, that year there isn't a husband hunt?? He is Jung Hwan already, so They are gonna focos in How their love story went on...And now after 19 episodes, I think the same, I'm not gonna lie and say that I weren't afraid old the times that He "gave up" or when a little think made me doubt... But I'm very sure "Uri Jung Hwan~~" is the main lead and the future husband, I feel like NJ and Trash but in that situation DS was like Trash, pretendía that She really didn't know about JH feelings, play ing a lil with him, but in the end being so in love that She doesn't know How to make up.

Hi and welcome!! :) I had the exact same thoughts as you when I first watched ep 2, that Deoksun's husband was none other than Junghwan. In my mind I went, "Well, that solves it then. The producers weren't lying when they said there'd be no husband hunt this time around!" Thus I settled in for what I thought - and still firmly believe - is the love story of Deoksun and Junghwan. 

@MrsSoJiSub has already very wonderfully talked about the glorification and romanticism that K-dramas place on first love, that one heartrending, earth-shattering, mountain-moving epic true love that overcomes all. AM1988 is realistic, but with an optimistic, hopeful tinge.

For example, any characters that die are dead before we meet them (Shiwon's unni in AM1997, Najung's oppa in AM1994) or die shortly after being introduced (Deoksun's grandmother in AM1988). This is all done to prevent our getting attached to the character(s) and mourning their deaths. Instead, we connect with the grief and loss experienced by the living characters, and see how that loss affects them and brings the families together in a very real, heart rending way. In this aspect, AM88 is realistic because death impacts all of us; losing someone we love is a universal experience. But the writer will spare us the tragic heartbreak of falling in love with a character and then losing them. It's just not her style. 

Furthermore, there was a point brought up by someone regarding Bora's safety in the student protests (I think it might have been @blue_angel_1004?). When we were concerned if Bora would be okay, that person said that the safety risk for student protesters was comparatively higher in 1987, but had decreased in 1988 due to the changing local political climate. So by setting the story in 1988, viewers could be reassured that Bora was going to be fine. 

Bringing this back to first love (lol how did I go from talking about first love to death? waenyeol), my point is that for how true-to-life this show is, it's meant to inspire hope and faith in our dreams and our love, no matter how hard and seemingly insurmountable the odds. No matter how small the chance, it still could work. Our love could still work, we just have to take that shot. I think that's the kind of message the writer wants to impart.

@saregama and @shunklunk thank you both ^^ 

• Like 17

Hi guys!

im so thankful to the fact that this thread is exist. Its richard simmons me off sometimes when i see the MT. (Those people who love PBG are sometimes going too much to uri junghwanie :-( )

by the way i just want to say that since ep 18 everytime i came here i always listen to Lee Seung Hwan's days of longing days to be forgotten (and feeling so emo thinking about uri junghwanie) And wow reading to all your kind words and tons of hope for my (our) otp are amazinggggg. Really made my dayyyy.

thank you guys! We know JH is the one!

anw, im from indonesia so hello everyonee! Salam kenal ❤️

• Like 7

wow this thread is moving faster than my graduation project (just remember that I have to graduate this year).

I see everyone keeps mentioning about the production team stated that there will be no husband hunting, and there IS no husband hunting period HAHAHA. I don't get why there are people who keep making absurd assumptions.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, antsyplant said:

Hi guys!

im so thankful to the fact that this thread is exist. Its richard simmons me off sometimes when i see the MT. (Those people who love PBG are sometimes going too much to uri junghwanie :-( )

Omg now i understand what richard simmons mean :( im saying bad words and it turn out to be richard simmons lol *in case some of you didnt know*

4 hours ago, dinhie said:

from DC gal :

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=589321&page=1

There's spoiler about 1995 jet crash accident, but since my Korean limited I'm counting on anyone who's willing to translate :

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=589320&page=1

This is giving me the chills. From my limited understanding it says that on 6th Jan 1995 at 11.05am in the Kyung Nam Ha Dong Air Force division, 4 died in a jet plane accident of which 2 are surname Kim. 

DC gallers are speculating that this would be linked to Jungpal. Thats all i can understand :(

@Vannyah M I forgot to say, your English is perfectly fine!! :)

• Like 13

Guys, 449 pages??  Wah.. Are you guys zombie or what??  This thread never sleep and also take over my sleep time.. I usually sleep 8 hours but now only few hours because i don't want to miss out any new clues.. 5 more days guy, 5 more days before this drama end..i m so glad to meet all of you here, share all our feelings here (still remember the live recap episode 18 at scene JH rushing to DS, how you guys comment really make my heart stop for a few second because of THOSE STUPID TRAFFIC LIGHT!!!) hahaha

i don't have anyone to shere about this drama in my real life, and i m so thankful to @Adwina Oltariani because made this thread, to our precious detective @wizengamot for all your spazzing and live recap,  to @MrsSoJiSub  for all your long post(i read it, and i want you to know i love all your post ) ,to our baby hilarious  memes @papulichan  ,to our awesome fanfic novelis @hailaft you are so good writer chingu-yah, i think you should consider to be a writer.. Kekekkeke and all people in this thread who I forget to mention sorry..i don't know why am i too emotional today, but thinking about this series is going to end by this week, makes me sad.. Hukhuk

x5its.gif

I love you guys, thank you for make this thread life and spread all positive vibes here.. 

tumblr_nijwsqcL7N1rd1qi0o1_400.gif

• Like 18

Junghwan deokseon why torturing me like this??? I'm at my office rn yet i can't endure my self from this forum. Reallyyyy i hate being so occupied by mere shop opera like this. I just can't believe I've fallen in the same hole again and again (last time got hooked up to this level was in the master's sun era)

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

I am going to minute for minute analyze the richard simmons out that 3 minute 13 second confession scene.

When Junghwan drops the ring about 15 seconds in she looks at it and looks back up at him with wide eyes. At 24 seconds when he says he was going to give it to her after graduation but shall do it now, wide eyes, mouth slightly open she looks like this :0 (if only soompi allowed emojis). Her eyes are never off him even as the friends hilariously react. At 37 seconds he says I like you her eyes get wider her ears move back (I know I'm insane). She blinks at 39 seconds. He says "I said I like you" camera is back on her at the 47 second mark Se blinks after that statement. At 51 seconds we get a wide shot of the whole group she continued staring at only Junghwan hanging on to his ever word. 54 seconds still the wide shot and she blinked.

At 1:04 he begins with memories only they know starting with school. She closes her mouth and looks at him, her eyes are shinning (Hyeri's eyes are really pretty and she has nice lashes). 1:15 talking about study room waiting, corners of mouth starting to rise (it looks like she  starting to smile or smirk). 1:25 he says "all my concerns were you. Her mouth is opening (I think she's starting to smile) eyes still locked on him. 1:40 another full wide shot. Junghwan is mentioning things only they know, bus stop and birthday gift. Deok Sun eyes locked on him, mouth slightly ajar (who knew I would use my psychology observation class lessons for this. I feel like I'm conducting a classroom observation of a student at my internship). 1:51 Junghwan mentions being crazy happy about reviving de birthday gift. Deok Sun is full on smiling with teeth (Hyeri has a pretty mile near the corner of her bottom lip). 1:54 mouth closed smile.

2:07 (this is tiring) Junghwan has just said he is happy whenever he saw her. Deok Sun's eyes look half closed, she's smiling not too wide but I see her teeth (she looks like she is remembering all that he is mentions. Hyeri has a pretty mole on her lower neck). 2:10 Deok Sun closed mouth smile, smirk something and she blinked too and her eyes are still small. 2:12 she blinked, eyes begins to get wider, still smile. Still looks like she remembering things. 2:16, Junghwan says I always wanted to tell you since a long time. In the quickest Deok Sun's eyes go from looking down to wide eyed and starring right at him (she wants to hear this too).

2:21 Junghwan says I like you so much. Everything in Deok Suns body language changes. Her eyes are shunning, she's looking straight at him. Honestly the look reminds me of the blind date should I go or not look. What she got extra close looking in Junghwan's eyes to ask and they just stare at one another after. 2:23 she blinks and her lips move in a way I can't explain. She's only looking at Junghwan. Eyes a shinning. 2:29 Junghwan says I love you. The camera has zoomed into Deok Suns face even more than before. She's staring at him. Her eyes a shinning. There is a slight fumble in her chin. I see a small smile. Is she going to cry? 2:30 she blinks. Her eyes went a little wide she opens her mouth. I wish I knew how to screen cap cause things have hit her. Her eyes are down and slightly wide.

2:32. Deok Sun closed her mouth ricks once and is avoiding looking at Junghwan. 2:33 she blinks again. She looks up at him a smile? A grimace? Eyes still shinning. She is looking at him but I got. He's looking at her. Then the king pregnant pause where they only show Junghwan and not her (done on purpose those fuckers). 2:42 Junghwan looks away and speaks to Dong Ryeong. 2:58 wide shot we see side profile of Deok Sun her body language...she's looking downcast in the space of Junghwan (I think she's disappointed or still thinking on things) Junghwan is looking down at his hands.

The two idiots (said with love) are laughing and relived shock at his "joke". 3:00 a wide shoot. Dong Ryeong says "I thought you were serious" Deok Sun's body language changed at that and I saw a slight smile as she's still looking in space in front of her and Junghwan is not looking at her, but down and painful smile/smirk. 3:04 Sunwoo asks Deok Sun if she was fooled too. She doesn't answer but turns wide eyed like woken from a trance or sleep 3:05 she became alert looked at Sunwoo, didn't answer and just smiled with teeth then without. 3:08 she's smiling but it's sad and disappointed. It doesn't reach her eyes. 3:10 She's not looking at Junghwan. It's an awkward pained yeah a "joke" say nothing avoidance. Junghwan is looking to the side fighting off tears. The clip ends.

They are soooo not over. How do people do this all the time and with screen caps. I applaud them cause it takes time. Never again LOL. Hyeri has gorgeous eyes and a lot of pretty moles. 

picard_clapping.gifross-clapping-o.gifgiphy.gif

YOU GO GURL!!!!  Saw all that exacty the same you just missed that gulp she did  but thats it. I could not describe it in words and to be honest i was lazy to do that. I did the same observation i had to after nth reply of that video. You nailed it and killed me with Hyeri`s eyes are pretty, and her beauty spots i rememberd where they are LOL

• Like 17

25 minutes ago, Vannyah M said:

For those who avoid MT this post is like nth kill. I feel like i won a lottery while reading posts like thi

OH MY GOD, YES! God bless her. Going to post a reaction in the MT now to support her LOL

@einYoshiChan Awww, thank you!!! You're the sweetest and I'm going to say this again : OMG YOUR AVATAR!

• Like 10

OMG I watched the end of ep 18 again and came with an idea!! I don't know if anyone already made this suggestion, I couldn't read anything bc I was busy, but wanted to share this!!

At the end they leave for 2nd round right and they leave the ring on the table. They are going to let TK know about 2nd round probably trough his new pager! Maybe he ends up coming to where the ring has been left behind. TK might know the meaning of those rings (from SW) and that might lead to something??

Or was this too far fetched haha.. Just a sudden feeling:sweatingbullets:.. Now going to sleep again. It's almost 3 am and I have to go to school tomorrow morning. See you guys soon!!

• Like 13

1 minute ago, hailaft said:

OH MY GOD, YES! God bless her. Going to post a reaction in the MT now to support her LOL

Already saw your post and liked it hahahhahahha Someone had to put her where she did for real. And she literally destroyed her status omnipotent

• Like 5