[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Dear @wizengamot pls share your positive vibe to meeeeeee~ i feel really down heere and become more and more fear with the ending. There's so many what if popping up in my head. like WHAT IF JH IS NOT THE END GAME?

because right now taek is become more identic with the husband's character as he now start to curse and DS become violent to him. today he just said 'micheosso' to DS :'( :'( and on the preview he start to say new curse :'( :'(

i know that DS punch taek because he keep ordering DS, but as per Taek's dad said it's the way taek show that he likes someone. He becoming more and more depending and ask so many thing to the girls he likes. same as his dad that keep asking something to SW's mom.

and we still don't know DS feels to JH is strong as JH to DS.

Just watch the preview make me cry. i can't see my kitty feel down and sad and hurt, and on preview he start to stay away from his friends. because SW and DR really support taek and DS. and he keep watching DS and taek become lovey dovey.

I'm pretty sure that DS-TK-JH is hangout together and tomorrow episode we will see A LOT OF JH's hurt and heart broken face.

Pls transfer your positive vibe to me please please please!!!!!!! Pls make me believe that our kitty JH is the endgame.

p.s : sorry, i dont feel bad to taek even if he dont get DS. i know he's such an adorable and his smile is cute. but that's it. I dont get why people keep pity him only because he doesnt have mom and only have 4 friends, or he keeps taking that medicine? that is the way he choose to live, he choose baduk and he love it and doesn't feel burdened with all the headache thing he get. i don't feel the chilbong vibe from him, the only thing that make Taek and Chilbong same is only their condition (famous,friendless because of their career, chilbong have a broken home and taek doesnt have mom).

Why everyone feel sad for chilbong is because chilbong do a lot of things for Najung but she doesnt recognize it and only look at Trash oppa ( i'm team trash oppa but still sad for chilbong because he doesnt get a good ending) BUT UNTIL EP 11 we didnt see a single thing taek do for DS right? so that's why i dont feel taek is the same as chilbong.

The chilbong vibe is really come strong from JH, the one who looks tenderly from back and become DS shadow, help her whenever she needs the help and keep showering DS with all those sweet super super sweet actions. that's why i really really feel soooo scared :'(

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, sayjello said:

i have a feeling that the ones who are going to help JH to fight for his feeling will be either BoRa or DR. I notice that lately BoRa and JH have been interacting with each other, maybe is a sign that BR might come in handy in the JWxDS situation in the future. and like I said before i don't really believe DR is just clueless with what's been going on with his surrounding nope i refuse to believe it . but idk this are just my thoughts

ALSO this is the first time i see BoRa and DS talking with each other with out screaming or arguing well atleast thats what it seem like since i don't understand korean, BoRa even smiled at DS. even though at the end BoRa ended up having DS on headlock, but it was a nice moment while it lasted :lol: . It seems BoRa has been less of a sour grape since she got together with SW. 

Their situation really need someone help to handle both of them. Though i really hope DS who makes the move and confront JH and ended with like what she did to her parents in EP 1, but with help from someone else didnt matter to me, We just cant hope a move from JH from now, he is just too soft like marshmallow, and really think that friendship more important than love. We really need a strong push factor to wake him up (like when he punch to bully sunbae when they treat SW badly that he cant tolerate anymore). and his strong push factor is......hmmmmmm *think*

20 minutes ago, luffypyon said:

This episode is making Taek shippers throwing tantrum either to Junghwan n writer. I don't understand why they mad. Does the current circumstance support Taek at the moment that Junghwan backs off?

At beginning episodes, they asked for more screen times of Taek. Finally they got it. Congrats!!! I am so happy too since I like the guy too. Then they wanted him to be the husband candidate. Good. He got it. But now with all I don't want him to be 2nd chilbong. So do you want PBG only focus to baduk again with less screen time? For God Sake, they are all actors.

I just realize put too much feeling into this is not healthy. 

i can feel you chingu..Seriously i already type a little long comment on main thread but ended up delete all. Just mention TK name, im nervous my comment will be interpreted to bad things and they start a war and attack me. Its not that im affraid, i just prefer to keep silent and ignore them, tired to debating over the same thing again.So better i post a comment here. Feel free and more comfortable. 

I already have that feeling before this show air. PBG name just too big to Reply. (because he already has so many fans and recognize his acting skill). What i cant handle the most is their fans(the same level with kpop idol fans). They will asked more and more and more. Like what you mention at first they need more screen time and then they got it, after that they need something bigger again, and this is wont ended until they feel satisfied (i dont know what and i dont care).

Like what i always said, the 2nd lead male really need make their own drama to fulfill their satisfaction. yeah, put too much feeling, analysis, isnt healthy anymore. 

30 minutes ago, Adwina Oltariani said:

haha, it's a favorite of mine too! yeah, the other pic is the one with same pose, but with his two fingers pointing at the camera.. hehe. He looks so cheeky and sexy here.. someone thought it's Kim Woo Bin, though :D

Thats my favorite too.....his pose kinda cool and look like a true model. He always cheeky and secy and handsome for me. yes,he look like kim woo bin in that photo..

just wondering why there is people who still dont like JH? In my case, i really really like him. How many times i replay the previous episode, what i got is i fall for him again and again (deeper deeper and deeper and there is now way out).  He is amazing,gorgeous,and adorable as a man, a friends, and a son. I will lucky to have a man like him. and in this episode show me again why i love him, how just simply gave his mom something to eat.This little thing that will make you treasure him alot, like myself. He really have caring as his core. he sensitive and selfless. He think about everyone else first than himself (its bad sometimes but in his case make him lovely and adorable). any woman who ended up being his wife is really lucky (like she save a country in her past life).

@lovcom00   Anyway, I'll repeat, even if they can't be officially together right now, I'm still hoping JH will lose his grip on himself and do something that will assure her once again that he CARES and he's just acting like a (noble) idiot, the poor girl can't go on on being refused over and over having only his "Hajima" to hold to. (Go and KISS HER Jungwhan-ah, she needs to be really sure lol)

Yes agree with that too.He really need to makes DS sure about his feeling. One and only way is KISS HER..... their journey already so slow, so just make it a bit faster this time...KISS her kim jung hwan!!!!!!! dont makes DS too long in her sadness (sadness please go away), both of you already hurt enough in this ep.....

• Like 9

Guest wizengamot

@ash623 i don't really know about chilbong. haha i've been living under the rock during that reply series but Jung Hwan really smelled off Reply 1997 Yoon Jae so don't worry. This is really a temporary angst. 

I don't even think Deok Sun will like Taek as a man because if she will it's liking 3 out of 4 of her gang actually; Sun Woo, Jung Hwan and Taek. Honestly, I don't know how the other shippers made a thorough analysis of Taek being the husband because it was so obvious. A lot of screen time was given to Deok Sun and Jung Hwan even interactions between their family. And Bo Ra and Jung Hwan are interacting alot lately because Jung Hwan's the only one who knows about Sun Woo and Bo Ra. No Eul and Jung Bong are friends. Alot of interactions between Deok Sun and Jung Hwan's family. Aside from all the interaction all the clues point to Jung Hwan. 

If Jung Hwan is not the end game, that would be the worst trolling I'll have in my life. 

First of all, i want to thank god that the bed scene IS REAL YASSS

well i watched the raw after reading the recaps, and yeah i was a bit disapppinted at jungwhan. But after watching it, i can feel his confusion, stress, and dilemma. It's a normal thing to do especially when we KNOW that he treasures Taek a lot. But seeing him avoiding deoksun and deoksun's sad face everytime he rejects her for going to the concert (AND WHEN HE WENT TO BATHROOM RIGHT AFTER DEOKSUN MOVED CLOSER TO HIM) make my heart hurts so much. It's so obvious she is really sad that junghwan becomes cold all of sudden and the confusion in her face tells it.

yesss, and i hope bora or dongryong will help these 2 idiots to realize that their feelings are that matter. (And maybe a lil bit of jungbong hyung comforting junghwan :3).

////im in such denial for ep 12 preview bye/////

• Like 10

omg.. the bed scene is real!!! although it was bitter for us this episode but it was sweet enough at least they share the same bed !! urghh.. thank you PD and Writer Nim.. you didn't troll us this time round!! yeah I thought the triangle will end at epi 12 but it didn't .. this time round DC fans.. didn't guess it correctly.. hopefully episode 13 or 14 will be the end of their triangle loveline.. otherwise it will become draggy and audience probably will lost its interest..

• Like 4

Hi guys~ This is actually my first time posting ( tho I've been lurking since 4eva) here haha so I feel kinda shy lol)

It was painful to see JH's sad expression and all but after this episode I think I became more convinced that JH is the endgame and it really made me ship them more. so #teamjunghwan all the way~

oh and how I wish deoksun would just squished junghwan's face and say 'use ur head why i'm doing these stuffs to you' ~

• Like 7

Guest wizengamot

the bed scene.

what i like about it is Jung Hwan who mistakenly get into the room realized that he was sleeping next to Deok Sun and was about to get up but then he lays again and stare at her. Feelings can't be suppressed dude, don't even try it hahaha

the good night greeting scene

well, Deok Sun was brave enough to say good night with Bo Ra around and she even called him 'Kim Jung Hwan" (like at the bed scene. Jung Pal no more!!

i think Jung Hwan would actually go to the concert seeing the preview for ep 12, and Deok Sun's persistent inquiry on him asking to go to the concert. and actually while rewatching the bed scene, Deok Sun asked again to go to the concert, and Jung Hwan said "kaike" which mean I'll go

@ash623 i wouldn't worry JH isn't endgame either... i agree with @wizengamot JH smells of YJ from R1997. From the way his crush is shown first on screen to us the audience, to how he bickers with the girl, and how he let his hyung have the girl at first because he loves both of them that much. which is why i think the noble idiocy path will only strengthen JH's position as the hubby :) 

• Like 9

Btw, the bed scene, it reminds me of shiwon slept on yoonjae's bed in the hospital. And later, we know yoonjae cant sleep so he's staring at her for god knows how long ugh i hope junghwan did the same as yoonjae put shiwon's hair strands aside :(((

ps: i cant be a silent lurker anymore lol

• Like 8

I feel for Taek's shippers. I am not saying that in a bad way or because I pity them. But Taek is so similar to Chilbong in many ways and I was crazy about Chilbong so I actually feel bad... I totally understand why they like him and he is such a nice character too. PLus, they are not so different than us: they like a couple like crazy and they analyze everything, pretty much like we do.

As for PBG and him being too big of a star - I don't think so. Let's face it, we all want more screen time for JH and they want the same thing. I don't think it is necessarily because it is PBG. I think he just managed to portray Taek in a likeable way. I mean his eyes are very expressive, it's lovely. I can actually feel his emotions just through his gaze. And since he became a husband candidate, of course they want him to date DS, just like we want JH and DS to be together!

That said, I still don't find Taek and DS relation attractive. I feel no tension at all, at least not from DS. But that's another issue...

• Like 3

Guest wizengamot

@shunklunk being a silent lurker is hard, it's like Jung Hwan suppressing his feelings for Deok Sun so yeah come out and join the discussion

@Adwina Oltariani i've read the preview too. it gives me hope too. It just proves that the preview will be a troll since they've been showing Taek alot and how he was there for Jung Hwan and yet the preview description was Jung Hwan's feelings would burn even more hahaha

@hafunohane *high five* i couldn;t remember how many times I've rewatched that series too. it's still save on my phone so I could easily watch it even without the internet and everywhere. hahaha!!!

@carolinedl that's actually what i was thinking. I really like PBG after Hello Monster so I watched Roaring currents even though he has minor role there, and Naeil Cantabile and Wonderful Mama. He portrays Taek well, that I really wanna baby him like the gang but as you said there's really no tension between him and Deok Sun, from the start I hardly consider him a contender for the husband thing, and not because I like Jung Hwan but because I'm feeling no as much tension. I even find Sun Woo more of a threat before than him. Sure their scenes (DS and Taek) are adorable, I'm laughing my head off on the snacking scene on the beach (and a lot of moments of them together like when DS is dancing and was mime reeling him to come) but no, no tension at all. Their cute together but that's that. 

p.s. i even had a video compilation of his MuBank hostings and if you'll visit my IG you'll see how many times i've drawn him due to my obsession

Guest nchoerunnisa

Knock... knock.... May I come in?

This is my first time to post in this shipper's paradise. I think it's no longer wise to post what I'm gonna post in the main thread. Though I don't think none of you will like it either. :vicx:

Guys... IMHO... If we really really want to see JH to be the endgame, I think we should expect for the worst for JH. Well, at least for the next 1-2 episodes. As for myself:

1. I hope he'll smoke (this one can be delayed though)
2. I hope he'll become a noble idiot
3. I hope he'll be heartbroken

Maaaaan... I feel like a sadist right now. I've never wished so many horrible things for my favorite character in Dramaland. This show will be the end of my sanity. LOL.

1. We've known that the present husband is a smoker. So we need JH to be a smoker too (and stops later as soon as the husband has been confirmed as JH).

2. We've known too that the present husband had dated a lot of girls before ended up with DS. So we need him to date a lot of girls. And he better has a good reason for that. If his reason is way too trivial, I don't think I could ever forgive him and let him get DS. Even if I could forgive him, I don't think I could see him as the same person anymore.

I know that seeing JH is really frustrating right now. But isn't JH's gooey marshmallow interior that makes us fall for him? This is him being The JH that we know. Sacrificing himself for his own best friend is very typical of him. I know that in the end, he should learn that backing of won't bring any good for any of them. But not now my friends, not now... we need to wait for the right time. I wish he learn it as soon as possible, but remember, he must date other girls first. After he finished with the whole dating other girls thing maybe? (I hope they won't elaborate this dating part, really)

And, IMHO, this noble idiocy thing is not that bad to be the reason of JH's retreat. I'll forgive him right away as long as he learn the lesson, that he should not give up the girl ever again.

I know it such a mess. This is not my favorite scenario either. But the present hubby has dropped the bomb. So what choice do we have?

(But of course, I'm still hoping for a better scenario. Hope writernim will come out with a better solution for our JH-DS-TK.)

-----------------

As for DS, I hope she won't ever date TK. I ever thought that this won't be such a bad scenario actually. But since DS has started liking JH, things changed. I mean, liking SW then JH then TK then JH again seems way too fickle for KDrama standard. I understand that DS actually never liked SW romantically. Her crush for SW was artificial (I don't mean it in a low way). But with JH, I believe that she likes him for real. It's something that has been developed step by step, little by little, throughout the whole JH-DS moments.

I want her to channeling her heartbreak into studying. C'mon girl. Go figure out what you want to do and reach your dream. Come back as a wonderful woman that no one ever dared to look down. It's not that you're not wonderful yet, for me you're like a sunshine. But let's shock those people who keep saying you're such a shallow and airheaded girl. You know, the way you shocked your parents by growing up into a beautiful girl. Even imagining it makes me giddy. LOL.

I just realized.. DS called JH "Kim Junghwan" repeatedly in this ep. Which tells me she sees him as a man, not as an annoying childhood friend anymore. Both of them already saw each other as a man/woman. And there's no going back. Hence, the awkwardness. And that palpable tension between them in Dong Ryung's room.. and when they're eye-sexing on that bed.. dayum, just get a room already :)

• Like 5

Love reading all of this positive feedback even when they're giving us angst & more angst <3

On a lighter note, it is only me or everytime they are in the same room the walls seem to shrink around them and the place seems suddenly so tiny like if there's no space between them, no air (and they should K I S S), when in reality they're like miles away from eachother? lol for me they've so much chemistry they could burn my laptop any moment :flushed:

• Like 5

I just realized.. DS called JH "Kim Junghwan" repeatedly in this ep. Which tells me she sees him as a man, not as an annoying childhood friend anymore. Both of them already saw each other as a man/woman. And there's no going back anymore. Hence, the awkwardness. And that palpable tension between them in Dong Ryung's room.. dayum, just get a room already :)

I just realized.. DS called JH "Kim Junghwan" repeatedly in this ep. Which tells me she sees him as a man, not as an annoying childhood friend anymore. Both of them already saw each other as a man/woman. And there's no going back anymore. Hence, the awkwardness. And that palpable tension between them in Dong Ryung's room.. dayum, just get a room already :)