[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

1 minute ago, bluishguitar said:

JH's persona is not belittled by not ending up with DS. :)

JH's character is the most well-written character in this series. The character has this capacity to make us relate to his feelings. If it's not, then we will not be like this throwing into a fit.

I realized that he is not pathetic. There's more to life than getting the girl in the end. He is one of those awesome and cool guys in the world, though he does not end up with DS. He transformed from a dog to a real man, with those scenes showing him being mature at his decisions and realizations, and what he has done for himself, his friends, his parents and his neighbors in Ssangmundong.

Though Taek's personality transformed and changed much too through the years, JH's transformation takes it all and makes last night's episode worth watching.

One's first love may be saddening and frustrating, but it sure improves us and teaches us a lesson. The angst and brooding is still worth it after seeing JH's personality at Episodes 18 and 19.

I finally got rid of this bitterness I felt yesterday because I see JH happy. Though my ship has sunk, I am feeling like a winner right now. :) He is finally free and over with those jealousy, hesitation, and frustration she felt when she adored DS.

Let the writer explain some of the loopholes, though right now I think that they were just showed to lure us more into JH/DS ship and continue to watch 'til the end of the series. :D

I hope he will be the one to deliver that "If you hear it, then reply, my eighties" line if this series has one. This will bring goosebumps as well as satisfaction for us who love JH.

And more projects for Ryu Jun Yeol. He is such a great actor. ;)

Omg this is so beautiful. Let me cry :cold_sweat:

Fly JH. You are free. 

If you're a bird, I'm a bird too then! :dissapointed_relieved: I'll fly with you! 

But no, what you said was right. He's moved on, matured and now he can conquer the world. 

Hwaiting JH! 

• Like 15

Aigoo ya. I cried like no tomorrow when reading the live recap. My friend is team teak. And stop watching because she absolutely believe taek will not become husband.

When I told her the table turn, she said that then why the story invest more in junghwan development if he is not the husband. I should follow her to stop in the middle mehhh.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Nurul Choerunnisa said:

Dear my fellow shippers... Himne... I hope this pictures of our baby can lightened up our mood a little

*You should wear that plaid shirt more often Jung Hwan-ah :wub:*

@luffypyon I know, right. Even Korean viewers feeling cheated. I mean, they're almost always right. Amazing. LOL. If what it takes to guess who the husband is a long, deep, and complicated analysis like we often read in MT... forget about the blu-ray dvd... forget about the ost cds... I demand them to release a booklet containing explanation about clues, camera angle, wedding parody, and inside jokes analysis. Because apparently, regular viewers like me, who only follow the flow of the story couldn't catch up. :D

But... I plan to re-watch this show again later, probably after 2-3 months.
Perhaps if I were to watch the whole thing again knowing Taek as the husband, it would be a good education.

Like I said pages before, being different doesn't mean being SPECIAL and can be accepted by PUBLIC. Me too always follow the story flow, but this is beyond ordinary. Maybe it's effect of on going writing and the filming at the same time. The story can change based on the writer mood. I am not accusing the scriptwriter to have desperation that no one can predict her plot. It's just if she want to make the husband is Taek from beginning, she must be had better plot framework to build Taek's character to exceed Junghwan. Honestly, even Taek's sacrifice to let his Dad to marry again can't be compared to the all thing Junghwan did for his family.

I am sad that they just made Deoksun's character into someone who easily fall in love to upgrade Taek status to be equal with Junghwan

• Like 13

HOW SAD I WOKE UP FEELING CHEATED AND ANGRY. R88 definitely has just ruined my weekend. I asked a lot of why? question today. I cant even digest how and what the writer trying to do, and even when I skimmed ep 19 just now there is a lot of hints pointed to Taek. Like wow, they're generous suddenly *rolling eyes* And where is the writer of ep 1-16 go? Its just different feelings after ep 18. Like two writers in one series.

• Like 5

Okay, so hi guys. I tried to be positive. I tried to encourage those who were giving up. I tried to encourage myself that this wasnt gonna be the end. I convinced myself that JH was the endgame even after those richard simmons scenes. But last night's episode. I cant explain it with words. I just cried and screamed and cursed. I did that until my sleep. I woke up today with a really bad mood and I just dont know how I'll survive. Really. It seems like I've lost the purpose of living. I just dont know how I can move on with this richard simmons drama. After watching yesterday's episode, I kept thinking to myself, "how is it Taek? Why is it him? How could it be him? Did I miss anything from this richard simmons drama? Was I too blind? Am I being too delusional? How is it Taek????????" I cried myself to richard simmons and I still cant get over with it. I just cant understand. What kind of game are you playing with us writer-nim. You made me fall in love for a character so sweet and charismatic and you made me feel and see what he felt from the very beginning but in the end you make him suffer? What kind of drama is this? Haha if you want to get a prize for the best plot twist in the history of kdramas, well then congratulations because i think you got your goal. 
Eventhough you make Taek the husband, but for me and the hundreds of thousands ppl out there, it's still JH. JH was,is,and will forever will be the husband. No matter what the ending is, I am ready to sink with this ship/plane. I love you all guys, my fellow shippers, lets be strong. It's eonamryu after all, eventhough only in our hearts. 

• Like 7

If we don't get to see JH happyly ever after and having a wife that perfectly fits him, understand him, and loving him unconditionally, then what's the use of this ride seeing and feeling him getting hurt from the beginning?

We got to see he's in love with DS from the very beginning.

We got to see him getting hurt seeing DS and SW (and even buried his love for them)

We got to see he's backing up when TK says he likes DS - just when he just starts to approach DS (again buried his love and ego)

And after all that four-five years time jump, we got to see him missing his chance again.

Why hurt us to see him hurts? WHY????

We're also shown how JH being sweet to each member of his family. We're also shown how he's reliable and so caring to his friends (ready to punch on the 1st ep for DR, punch his sunbae for SW, piggyback SW when he get hurts in class, piggyback DR when he get hurts in soccer field, protecting DS on bus, putting blanket for TK even when he's avoiding TK, etc etc). He's such a VERY sweet boy.

So i demand him having a sweet ending :tears: please writernim, don't let us bitter to remember r88 n JH after this.

• Like 23

My fellow oppas and noonas,

Based on the result of ep20 and the confirmaton that JH is not the husband, i will make a gofundme (Taek That tvN)page dedicated to raising funds. We will use this money to hire the entire cast and shoot our own ending. For i feel if JH is not the husband we will use the previous fanfictions as a basis for a script. We will then send it to every station in korea and have them make an emergency broadcast. 

• Like 23

@holyguacamole i thought i'd always be able to depend on first love coming true in the reply series (see reply 1994 where literally everyone ended up with their first love lol) but i guess they wanted to go with a more realistic approach this time. ia with you so much on the first love thing not coming true most of time. in reality first love usually ends up as something heartbreaking, a lesson of sorts that you learn from, carry with you for the rest of your life and think back to fondly once in awhile. i know this is true which makes jung hwan's goodbye to his first love realistic but i didn't want realistic lmao. i want to hate it but at the same time if by chance jung hwan and deok sun end up together tomorrow it won't give me the same satisfaction if it had happened before ep 19. the whole dynamic changed, jung hwan legitimately seems to have moved on, deok sun looks really happy with taek and i don't see how they can change that now. ugh i loved your the apple of my eye i didn't even mind that the two main characters didn't end up together. i'd love it if they had that sort of theme going on during the confession, preferably it would have happened in a setting where jung hwan and deok sun were alone and could have a proper conversation rather than turning it into something he could pass off as a joke. i don't even think we'll get that at this rate, they might try to pass off the confession from ep 18 as satisfactory closure for jung hwan BUT IT ISN'T FOR ME hahaha

its okay lol i watched the kiss scene between taek and deok sun and had so many conflicting emotions. on one hand i was like huh okay i can see where tkxds shippers are coming from but for the most part i was just internally screaming. hyeri and bogum are too cute for me to hate but i am definitely a little salty about their characters' onscreen relationship lmao

• Like 8

I'm going to be real with you. I think I'm going to cry tomorrow and I haven't cried for a character in a long time. 

I'm going to cry tears of happiness and sadness. Sadness obviously because JH did not deserve this but happiness because my baby is all grown up and does not let DS/TK effect him in negative way. He can live life still and show everyone that he is ok. 

Just thinking about it makes me emotional. 

Sigh. Ok hold it in until tomorrow or maybe Sunday. 

• Like 11

Reading all of you guys' post it seems all of us agree at this same question.

WHY IS TAEK THE HUSBAND WHEN THEIR LOVE STORY WAS SO BLAND??? THERE WAS NO SPICE, NO ANGST? 

Well to answer my dears....

Not everyone can have an EPIC love story... LOL 

BTW, im not hating on Taek because its not hating if it true. Theirs was just... BORING.

There love story didn't overcome many obstacle and Deoksun is going to spend half of their marriage/dating life babying her significant other. 

B_0GjONU8AAN_kg.jpg

"FLOWER" BOYS??? *Rolls Eyes*

• Like 14

1 hour ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

I can't breathe you guys...IT WAS ALL RIGHT THERE. IT WAS OURS FOR THE TAKING!!! IT WAS ALL RIGHT THERE, WHERE DID I GO WRONG?? WHAT DID I MISS???

I am going through the stages of grief and I am still in the stages of disbelief and denial...i choose to by pass the anger stage (it changes nothing) BUT NONE FOR YOU JUNGHWAN!! THE CHOI'S AND SUNG'S GOT EVERYTHING AND THERE ARE THE KIMS AND *cries like a baby* WHERE DID I MISS EVERYTHING! I never go a reply series ship wrong before because i always felt the writing was clear as water and it was clear as water Junghwan was it.....WHERE DID I GO WRONG??? How come I accepted this all so much better this morning than i do this night?? kdrama gods take it away...take it all away....Yoo Jung sunbae I am putting all my faith in you. Get your psychotic richard simmons together and my gods don't let the second male lead win yet again LOL...

that , yes that it's killing me ......they got everything without doing anything .

Taek was sleeping for the 2/3 of the show  when JH was receiving bunches for his friend, buying chestnuts for his mother while he was writing her name in english in her passport, while he was searching the stores to find the perfect gift/gloves for DS, waiting in rain for DS, etc, etc, etc,his moments are too many to write them down.

His family was there to help the rest of neighbors in their difficult times , sharing with them their first  experience with western food, trying all together the western noodles Hahahah can not stop smiling when I remember this episode, eating Hamburger for the first time with Their friends, giving money to DS mom for her trip, and again I dont know where to stop with all their kind actions.

What writer wants to tell me here ?

Think first yourself and after the others ? ? ?

• Like 16

Ugggh, why!!!!!! WHY?!!!!!

Junghwan-ah, I'm not sure if this pic is more representative of you, or of me at this moment.

vlcsnap-2011-12-19-20h12m57s49.png 

Seriously, I think the Reply team sacrificed too much for the sake of ratings this time.  They got flack for it with 1994 (but oppa-ya was at least always very obviously the only one na-jung wanted).  This time around they just kept us all on the hook while making deok-sun the most indecisive female lead their series has yet seen (and I thought shi-won was bad). And WE all get to pay for it--painfully--because we trusted them to do right by their viewership! 

Going off to cry more bloody tears somewhere.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, infinitemugendai said:

Why do I feel like the writer just insulted my intelligence?? Am I not following the story as it unfold?? 

Like many of you I still has a niggling that this isn't the end but I also don't want him to end up with DS on ep.20. Not because I think she doesn't deserve him well she kinda doesn't but I just don't see the point of ep.19 if this is the case. No matter who is the husband end up being, the writer has managed to turn this beautiful drama into poop in 1 episode. They screw up so bad this time, no matter what the result people will be pissed. Because no matter what happen tonight, nothing gonna change the fact that unfortunately for most people DS-TK is the most hated couple in the history of kdramas, DS is the most fickle heroine ever and TK is the guy who broke the bro-code (not for getting the girl but for lying about that damn wallet). I just hope Hyeri and PBG not gonna get a lot of flack because of this.

Amen, sister, amen! I felt like a fool watching because in none of the episodes did I feel a romantic connection between DS and TK. 

I agree with you that I feel like DS-TK would be the most hated couple. DS, despite DR's advice, couldn't decide who she really liked and went with whoever showed feelings for her. TK acted like a baby through most of the series. DS mostly acted like a mom to him. That's a weird relationship dynamic. And TK breaking the bro-code was big no-no. As I said in an earlier post, the dynamics between the love triangle would have cost them their friendships. Thus, I felt the story was unrealistic, when the Reply series has been about real relationships. 

I don't want DS to get uri JH. JH deserves a girl who's not fickle-minded, and who will love him unconditionally. Right now, DS is not that girl nor will she ever be. so yeah, TK can have her. 

P.S. i don't hate TK. i just really hate the story now. 

• Like 12

@luffypyon i feel bad for Hyeri. She must has worked hard on that scene and it went to waste

@arumdaun i m also trying to figure out about that feather on reply. I searched  what it means on the movie but it did not help me a lot because i m still confused on what the writer and the pd wanted to tell us. 

• Like 7

Just now, dramaqueen101 said:

Ugggh, why!!!!!! WHY?!!!!!

Junghwan-ah, I'm not sure if this pic is more representative of you, or of me at this moment.

Seriously, I think the Reply team sacrificed too much for the sake of ratings this time.  They got flack for it with 1994 (but oppa-ya was at least always very obviously the only one na-jung wanted).  This time around they just kept us all on the hook while making deok-sun the most indecisive female lead their series has yet seen (and I thought shi-won was bad). And WE all get to pay for it--painfully--because we trusted them to do right by their viewership! 

Going off to cry more bloody tears somewhere.

At least, Shiwon made up her mind at the right time, and when she did, we could see why she chose YoonJae. 

• Like 9

OKAY I AM OFFICIALLY, OFFICIALLY  DONE AND OUT. YOU GUYS ENJOY THE LAST EPISODE AND I WILL COMEBACK WHEN ALL OF THESE FEELINGS HAVE GONE AWAY. I HOPE JUNGHWAN IS HAPPY IN THE LAST EPISODE AND THAT WE DO GET TO SEE HIM MEET SOMEONE NEW. I WILL STILLL CHERISH THE STORY OF HIS FIRST LOVE BECAUSE GODS DAMN WAS IT A BEAUTIFUL THING TO WATCH UNFOLD AND THEN COME TO AN END IN EPISODE 18. IN LIFE SOMETHINGS JUST DON'T WORK OUT AND I GUESS THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED HERE. I HOPE THEY GIVE US THAT GOODBYE SO I CAN MOVE ON (not that the characters need it, but it kills me he doesn't even know she felt the same at one point and she still is unaware of all that he did) BUT THIS IS ALL VERY TRUE TO LIFE AND HEY THE FEATHER NEVER FELL AT HIS BEDROOM FLOOR, IT ONLY PASSED HIS WINDOW. AGAIN I FEEL IT ALL FITS WITH THE LEE MOO SAE 'NEIGHBORHOOD' SONG SO AS MUCH AS IT HURTS 'I EVEN LOVED THE PAIN' (which is not that song lyrics so) I REMEMBER THIS GIRL...

*cries because it all fits and it all hurts so much* 

*goes to watch and let yoo jung sunbae cheer her up*

• Like 21

@mrssojisub , calm down dear.. i feel you.. i also don't understand where did we go wrong.. we are not to biased..we follow the story from the start, we witness all JUNGHWAN moment and we see how hurt he is..he not hurting once but twice(first with sw).. and they really make his pure confession as a joke and end of his first love story..

• Like 11

I hope future JH is sexy af. I want him to be played by like Lee Soo Jin or something. And that he has a gorgeous wife and cute kids and plays planes with them and takes care of his brother and still quietly helps DS. 

I just want him to be happy guys!!! How hard is this?????

• Like 7