[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

I have been a silent lurker/reader on this thread, decided to join in with the discussion..hehehehe. I have always believed that our uri Jung Hwan is the husband and have never imagined that he's not. The chemistry between DS and JH is just there since ep 1, which I never felt when DS is with Taek. idk, maybe its just me. :)

Writer-nim did not give us those beautiful and unforgettable JH-DS moments for nothing. :)

• Like 18

8 minutes ago, mojobobo said:

On this point even when DS was going to meet her date for the movie (and she and JH missed each other) she was wearing pants and not skirt hehehe

yeah i see that too, she just wearing pant to look okay for date , but for uri JH she wearing skirt to look pretty and fabulous *delulu mind*

giphy.gif

• Like 2

I just wake up and I'm feeling optimistic ! Yes! My head is very creative right now, I'm thinking about Junghwan being the husband, and this looks so realistic in my mind! :wub:

well i think that duksun in the end is who deserve choose! many people talk about Junghwan and taek confession, but what about duksun feelings, she just is waiting for someone likes her, and what about her feelings?? She likes sunwoo first for the same reason, but with Junghwan I think that this was different, she really loves Junghwan, but I don't sure about she liking taek.. 

I want to duksun to fight for her true love, not for someone that likes her only. :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

excuse me english 

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, Ladywhise said:

I do not know if anyone have noticed this during the montage when JH asked NH to give his gift to DS, did anyone notice the GREEN Ribbon? This reminds me of the color theories.

I read about this not too long ago from the MT COLOR THEORIES

Yup. I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere in this thread before that DS pink shirt gift to JH had a yellow ribbon  :)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, fictionista said:

Okay so this is unrelated to JH-DS but I was wondering how you guys interpreted that scene in ep 17 between Taek and JH at the soccer field. That is when JH asks Taek if he opened his wallet, and he replied with a perfectly clueless expression that he didn't. I love Taek as a character very much but didn't any of you feel he was being a little too crafty in that scene? The very fact that JH brought up the topic of the wallet indicates that he was willing to have a heart-to-heart conversation with Tk regarding DS and yet Taek diplomatically avoided it. My question is why? To spare JH the awkwardness or because of his latent desire to let JH keep playing the noble idiot till the end? Why not instead opt for the simple solution of confessing to DS and find out whom she accepts?

My guess is Taek is a little unsure of whether DS will accept his proposal at all and this is why he purposely steered clear of any discussion. Maybe he himself believes that chances of DS accepting JH are way higher than accepting him? 

Obviously I'm not trying to bring down Taek's greatness as a character just questioning what the implication of this scene could be. What do you guys think?

Hello! My guess is that DS might took the pic from JH's wallet ...The pic is not there when JH got the wallet that causes JH to ask Taek if he opened it.. being the smart JH he didnt directly asked taek , u got the pic in my wallet cause he is also not sure if it's Taek or DS (not sure though hehe) and why Taek lied, it's the writer's decision cause if there will a clarification between the two guys and Taek confirm he didn't get the pic and its end ,it will be revealed that DS liked JH, because there will be no other culprit who took the pic... just a wild guess though hehehe

• Like 11

@parkangel Because many people assumed that DS likes back any guy who likes her, I think that they will show us that in fact she has noticed JH since childhood too.

@lala14 

I think that there is a high chance that she opened the wallet. Curiosity is a tendency that many people have and usually, women are more curious. I don’t know how all of you will react in that situation, but if I had my crush wallet I would totally open it...I know guys shame on me :blush:

Now that you are talking again about the wallet I want to share this crazy idea that I had. Let’s suppose that DS likes in fact JH. So, what if when TK went to his desk to take the pastry, he saw through the window DS opening the wallet and being all happy because of the picture. If TK knows about DS feelings this can also explain why he lied to JH that he didn’t open the wallet. What I mean it’s yeah he could have lied because of noble idiocy but he could have also lied because he saw that JH and DS like each other and he was not ready to see them together, he would not know how to react when they will hang out together, that would be awkward for him.  Of course, this is just an idea that I got and I can be completely wrong because TK is a pretty sweet guy too. Because sometimes I’m so bad at guessing, I hope that JH’s dad has guessed that DS is gonna be his future daughter in law and that he was planning to give her all of JH’s diaries just to show her how much he loves her. Ok, I will stop now because my imagination is going wild again lol.  

• Like 19

@MrsSoJiSub I totally agree with you and that is why I am not too anxious. I think it was so obvious that JH was going to be the husband that they had to throw us off now (and it's important that it is now and not in episode 19 nor 20!), bring back some tension in the game!

And as a previous CB/NJ shipper, I think you should stop apologizing all the time about what you say about them! ;)

I am also really lookng forward to @blue_angel_1004's post :)

• Like 17

1 minute ago, YveJung21 said:

Hello! My guess is that DS might took the pic from JH's wallet ...The pic is not there when JH got the wallet that causes JH to ask Taek if he opened it.. being the smart JH he didnt directly asked taek , u got the pic in my wallet cause he is also not sure if it's Taek or DS (not sure though hehe) and why Taek lied, it's the writer's decision cause if there will a clarification between the two guys and Taek confirm he didn't get the pic and its end ,it will be revealed that DS liked JH, because there will be no other culprit who took the pic... just a wild guess though hehehe

If that's the case, JH would have confronted DS about the pic. And I highly doubt DS is the type of person to take something from somebody else's wallet without their permission.

• Like 4

Guest wizengamot
2 minutes ago, fictionista said:

My god I got a post on my profile from a Tk-DS shipper right after I made the post doubting Tk's intention in that scene in ep 17. Proves we really have a lot of lurkers here. ;)

ok i went to your profile because i got to see that hahahahaha!!!

well, i've been quoted (to correct me too like what happened to yours haha) and have my post liked from TK shippers in our own thread (this very thread)  so yeah they really lurk here hahahahaha!!!

3 minutes ago, fictionista said:

If that's the case, JH would have confronted DS about the pic. And I highly doubt DS is the type of person to take something from somebody else's wallet without their permission.

He didn't confronted DS cause he liking DS will be revealed big time , he's not ready to answer the question of DS why you have our ic in ur wallet in the 1st place hehehe wild guess again,... I respect that you believe DS is not the the type of person to take something from somebody else's wallet  but my take on this is that DS thought if she take the pic it will a chance of confrontation bet him and JH then the confirmation of JH liking her,,, as i have said just my wild guess.. peace! 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, parkangel said:

After seeing screen caps, backtracking and rewatching, I am 99% sure JH is the husband. 

This is 19+ so I put it under spoiler

Hide contents

There's no way they put scenes with sexual implication without Jh being the husband:

the famous alley scene, the grab his shirt and see his naked torso, the scene where JH changed his clothes then DS enter the room, the underwear thingy, those backhugs, the bed scene.

Those scenes are there to build the tension betweet JH and DS. Do we see any scene with that kind of implication between DS and TK? Nope, well... the kiss, maybe. 

I hope I am not wrong, I felt so cheated when TK arrived first at the concert venue. :crazy:

i'm on same board with u (and others too i bet) as they gave us JH who was struggling to be at concert venue from the theater, trapped on the street by so-not-timely red lines and felt the panic to come late (but yeah it actually occured) then Taek appeared so out of the blue LOL such a troll right although i knew already that someone who was unexpected (read:taek) would be first arrived but still it hurt me badly when the camera filled with Taek's face instead of JH's

• Like 14

Annyeong everybody ㅋㅋㅋㅋ 

I saw something in DC and I want to share with you..

They talked about ep 19's plot..

If JH is the husband;

-We won't see him very much in ep 19...and we'll see something about Sung Ildong's retirement and uri cheetah's menopause(but I think cheetah omma'll think menopause but she is pregnant 'cause you know ....ra miran is our angry bird and women be angry in their menopause...so I can't think what will  other Kim family members do? ) 

-and some TK-DS scene 

-BR-SW  scene

-(It's my idea) and maybe DS'll see pink shirt on JB cause JB is going to see MO 

-Future hubby & old deoksun 

-in last part, DS shout out for future hubby and....ep 19's end....

I read about ep 20, too but comment will be soooooo long :w00t:

• Like 21

Guest wizengamot

my frustration with this series is not even who is the husband because it's already given (yes, Jung Hwan i'm looking at you) like 1+1=2.. my major concern is they should have made the OTP (JH-DS)  together already because really, we viewers could have use an overdose of lovey-dovey moments for all the angst you've put us through. (one episode is almost two hours, thus doubling the angst time of a regular kdrama, maygawd!) 

29 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

Do you people never sleep? *says the girl who is almost always here LOL*

This is what my flat mate told me while I was freaking out about this show: Why are you being such an idiot? You said he confessed right? *nod my head vigorously* Then there it is. It doesn't matter if she's dating the other dude or what not. He confessed. Even if she likes him or not, dating the other dude or not; that confession is going to be on her mind. She is going have to reevaluate things, think on things, and come to some sort of conclusion. In real life a guy confesses to you, even when your married, you have a moment of thinking. Why does this guy like me? What signals have I been putting out? He has been putting in that I obviously missed? Look she's going to think back on moments and ask herself if it's true and why she never saw or did see it. She's going to want to know why he's confessing now. Oh my gosh girl there are probably so many thoughts and emotions running through that girls head. Wait you said they sort of had a thing in high school right? *nods again* *laughing her richard simmons off* You are a trip girl, he's the husband. *I am about to say something about Taek* Girl, it don't matter he's the husband. Calm your richard simmons. You been watching this show and since day one you been say he's the husband. Even if she went to the concert with other dude, did that one dude see it? He rushed to be there, missed by a moment, but he saw it right? *nods head* He's the husband. It's basic storytelling 101. They are putting him through the ringer so you feel more for him and are even more desperate for him to get the girl. Think of every rom-com ever....he's the husband. At this point you are just waiting for her to let down the other dude and for her to confess to her dude. Girl, there is a reason they been showing you her reactions to one and not so much of the other. He's the husband. I don't even have to really pay attention to the show to know he's the husband. You and I are no longer going to talk about this because he is the husband. Also you are making me curious to start paying attention when you force me to watch and I am not turning into you. He's the husband, bye.

So I am so happy I may be able to turn my flat mate into a kdrama addict "yessss come to the dark side" once I rope her in she is never going to want to leave LOL. Junghwan is the husband. I went back and thought on everything from the very beginning and he's it. Someone here said it using comparison of the other two series themes of fate and destiny and I can't find that long post but I agree and I said basically the same on the main thread in the beginning. People were going on about fate and destiny and I said it comes down to choice, to Deok Sun's choice and that is exactly what we are seeing now. We were given the same messages with Tae Woon and Chilbong. The message being (sorry former Chilbong lovers) you can be the perfect guy. Buy the perfect gift. Say the perfect words. Have time always on your side and confess on someone's D-Day, make it to Y2K, and arrive at the concert venue first. But if the girl doesn't like you. She just doesn't feel the same way for you. You're perfect everything just doesn't compare in her eyes and heart to the other ones imperfect. Before anyone comes down on me, yes the girl appreciates it. Yes she's thankful. Yes she knows that you are an awesome guy that any girl or boy would be luck to have in their life. Unfortunately you just not her guy. I think the drama does this really well buy showing gifts.

In AM 97, both bothers gift Shiwon a the exact same ring (it killed me that it was the same one also with this one it was so obvious who she was going to chose given the flashback of what she says, when she says she wanted a ring for her birthday and then asking it from Yoonjae the next year. Yoonjae even says as much in his confession). We see that one ring gets left in the bathroom and the other adores her finger. The perfect gift comes down to something forgotten because it's not always about the gift but the one who gives it to you. In AM 94 both Chilbong and Oppa got to Japan. Both are asked to bring back something. Chilbong bring back the perfect expensive Chanel #5 perfume that makes Jeong's eyes shine. Oppa gets her a make up kit with the worst color palette known to man. But then we see he also got her comic book and marshmallows she's been asking for. Now let's compare Chanel #5 perfume is hella expensive and I'm thinking more so then and from a Duty Fee store too, comparing that to comic and marshmallows, the latter seems like nothing. However those two gift had a lot of meaning and background to it (the comic is the one Jeong wanted to read but oppa had loaned it to a friend and she had told him "you're no help to my life", the marshmallows were her precious ones that could only be found in japan. She had been saving to eat that oppa had eaten and she wanted to kill him or the person who ate it, for it). Jeong uses the Chanel perfume and we are shown (even in episodes that are moths later, but I need to check to be sure, sure) she hasn't opened the marshmallows. It is tucked away in her drawer (not sure if the comics were there or not). To her those two gifts (three because she never used the make either LOL) are more precious than anything Chilbong could bring (ducks from former shippers) because it's not really the gift but who brings it that adds more value and meaning.

We get gift giving messages in this drama too (and I believe that is why a big deal was made about the pink shirt in the MT). The two pink gloves. Come on, anyone who thinks it's a positive thing that she chose to wear Taek's mittens (oh the difference between the two are significant) but we have yet to see her wear or even seen the pink glove Junghwan gifted her....there is a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell you. He not wearing the gloves is the same as Jeong not eating the marshmallows. It will be such a missed opportunity by the writer if we don't see those pink gloves (and pink shirt) again before the drama ends. Then we have Taek who gives her that prized and treasured trophy he won. The amount of sleepless nights and practice we saw Taek put into winning that trophy. It's a huge deal and it still warms my heart that he gave it to her (just cause I don't ship doesn't mean I can't appreciate good things when I see it). Yet that precious trophy, was used as a kimchi pot. The first gift that Taek gives Deok Sun freely and willingly all on his own by his own accord and thinking and actions (the mittens don't count, count because it was secret santa and he was required to get her something. Also she went through great pains -even failing- to let him know that pink gloves is what she wants. It counts with Junghwan because he didn't have to get the gloves -and look at the parallel just as she didn't have to get him a birthday gift because the group gifts one together- since he wasn't her secret Santa. Also he came to the conclusion of the perfect pink gloves all on his own. Can the show be more obvious) becomes a kimchi pot *cue the goat sound* If Taek is the husband, imam need a flashback of her getting him a personal birthday gift in 1994. I am going to need to see that trophy proudly on display in her bedroom or apartment or somewhere.

I kind of feel like kicking my own richard simmons for even allowing the internet to make me doubt, because the show does little and big things episode by episode to show you the clear cut answer. It is only once we start digging too deep into things (who cares who reads comics, what hand the person was using, the jacket they were wearing, bowing or not) these things can be explained away by the writers all too easily. But some things, the message of their story, the foundations they have established and keep progressing at; that's going to take a hell of a lot of explanations. Again, I can't provide you guys with pictures and minute detail analysis of a blink, a sneeze, eye contact, or shoe tie (and frankly I don't want to LOL) but it's there. When I think on things of each episode, it's there and going to one conclusion. Junghwan is the husband. I'm going to leave that deep analysis to @blue_angel_1004 who says she's making one, but it's there ya'll. It's been there from the very first episode till now.

*sorry for another long post and please excuse grammar and such which I will fix later.

This!!! Couldn't agree moree...

Thanks chingu..... I can sleep well tonight :D

• Like 2

I don't think DS opened JH's wallet.  She was pissed when BR opened her wallet so I'm pretty sure she respected JH's privacy.  JH probably opened his wallet and realized that someone took out the picture of him and DS.  Didn't know if it was TK or DS.  He probably had a suspicion that it was TK because he cancelled his movie date with DS.  He only confirmed it when he asked TK and he denied it and things have been tense between them ever since.

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, wizengamot said:

my frustration with this series is not even who is the husband because it's already given (yes, Jung Hwan i'm looking at you) like 1+1=2.. my major concern is they should have made the OTP (JH-DS)  together already because really, we viewers could have use an overdose of lovey-dovey moments for all the angst you've put us through. (one episode is almost two hours, thus doubling the angst time of a regular kdrama, maygawd!) 

Totally agree with you. I felt that they should have made them together by episode 18 at least but noooooooooo they didn't. And if they're only going to get together in episode 20 and not 19, i'm legit flying over to korea to hunt down the writers. We are all deprived souls here