[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Guest wizengamot

@Eessttaa annyong~ welcome to the thread. enjoy shipping here. @hailaft i've always said this but yeah, i never really thought of TK as a contender because there's no development with his relationship with DS. It was friends at the start of the series and one-sided love for DS. The only time DS ever saw him as a man was on ep 17 which was already pretty late to even established him as the husband haha. i mean DS-JH relationship had gone through a lot of emotions, bickering friends, awkward teenagers realizing tension between opposite sex, JH this-is-so-crazy-i'm-totally-giddy-when-i-see-her moments and DS i'm-gonna-pretend-to-have-sprained-my-ankle-to-initiate-skinship, then angst moments until we have arrived to this so if that's not development for endgame then i don;t know what is hahaha

11 minutes ago, noname noname said:

I like that idea. Like soooo muchhh..

But but but, I dont think its possible that DS take the photo, but JH didnt realized for 6 years, no? How can he didnt open the wallet for 6 years?

But but but, maybe he realized that DS took the photo. But again, if yes then why the hell did he do nothing over it? 

Mind conflict... Hahahaha..

Omg I laughed at the 6 years comment tho, maybe he was too traumatized that TK opened his wallet to the point he doesn't want to open it anymore lol 

It was debunked just now hehehe this show really plays on everyone's minds 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, ricenamja said:

well that's possible... but she seemed to act normal (well we didn't physically see her passing the wallet back to JH but only her voice). Like she wasn't flustered or anything. UNLESS she concealed her nervousness then that's another story hahaha

That alone is very suspicious, why didn't they show us DS face on that scene. We only get to hear her voice. Maybe... she did take the picture.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, parkangel said:

I agree with you. He doesn't show his love in a grand way. It's in the small meaningful things that he did for DS: the umbrella, the mittens, the "wear your seat belt", the way he ran from the movies just to be with her, the way he worried over her short skirt and her catching cold, the way he worried about her going to crowded place on busy Christmas season, oh I could go on and mention many others. When he said, "use your head and think why I did this." that's also a declaration of love. However, at that time DS was too young to understand that. Despite his "mean" exterior to her, he actually listens and very attuned to her needs and changes.

During the scene while JH drove to the concert venue, I was screaming "come on DS, he loves you so much to do that! Open your eyes." However, we women, sometimes need to see the love shown in a grand way to realize that we are loved. 

Like you, I also disagree with many who thought that JH didn't fight hard enough. It's just some men prefer to show their love in a subtle way.

YES! That's exactly how I feel, I just can't express it beautifully like you did hehe. I agree with the highlighted part too. In the case of JH/DS, something big must happen for them to realise their feelings (DS) and that they are loved (JH). Although I don't mind too if nothing big happens and they just make their way to each other. But this is a k-drama we're talking about so something big must happen...

• Like 3

@papulichan ah you are back with meme...yes i miss your meme chingu... No matter how many clues that pointed the future husband is TK...i still believe KJH is kim jung hwan. KJH doesnt need that useless clues to say who he is, just being KJH alone with personality and gesture already speak a lot that he is junghwan for me. In my eyes since the beginning until right now he is junghwan. Gutaeng hyung, you always be kim jung hwan in my eyes, so please dont change it become someone else. (amen)

ah song minguk gif (kiss you back mingukaaaa....so cute....)

22 minutes ago, wizengamot said:

at least uri Jung Hwannie confessed.

i mean all this time TK had been saying he liked DS to the boys, and even said to DS that he has someone he likes and he will confess soon but poof no confession to DS.

However, Jh feelings for DS was not known to anyone (except sharp observational skill of MO and Ja Hyun) and when he finally made his feelings known, he was saying it face to face to that person.

sometimes i thought of this:

if DS would end up with TK after how everything was focus on what's JH doing or his love for her, it's like watching BR ending up with his ex after seeing SW focus and love for BR. 

you know what i mean?

yes,,,i am very thankful that he did confession..he did it with beautifully. One most beautiful confession scene, and i will remember it forever. Until now, it still vivid in my memories the line that he said, the facial expression that he made, the tone that he made when said all confession line, his gaze, his smile and i will get goosebumps every time i remembering it. Just by read every post here about confession and read  drambeans recap...i am teary, my tears almost fall down... His narration stab my heart again and again with just his words alone.

the bold part, i know what you mean chingu. iif Tk is the husband that will be the first time in my history of watching drama that the second male lead being focus in the story since the beginning and get more more screen time than the 1st lead. (and ofc JH will be another second male that shinning brighter than first male lead)

35 minutes ago, finallyanoppatostan said:

Dear gorgeous fellows, I wanna ask you a favor for you who still browsing around MT, if there's any important information posted there, please forward it here ^_^

Anyway, how would we spend this one week (5 days more actually) after the menboong of the ep 18? I spent my past two weeks watching variety shows, movies and 2 other dramas, listening to Oh Hyuk/Lee Moon Sae's Girl, Kim Hyun Chul's Neighborhood, and GOT7's Confession Song. Three songs that make me think of Junghwan.. It's not related but watch GOT7's Confession Song below, I really wanna do the same thing to Junghwan since ep 11 :tears: It was a sweet song but after ep 11 I always tear up hearing this :tears:

After getting menboong in ep 18, I don't know why but I unconsciously sang Bigbang's If You T___T And started listening sad songs til now ._. I must be crazy ._. Why do I feel like I broke up with my longtime boyfriend that I never had ._. Jungpal-a, what have you done to me ._.

i spent my two weeks with holiday to my hometown and catch up 26 episode of six flying dragons (finally i have a chance to see it), variety show already on my agenda every week. and now i started to watching Cheese in The trap too.

aigooo...i love that got7 song...confession song (aaaaaiii love you..nanananan...aaaaaiiii love you...).yes it was a sweet song chingu...i will tear up if listening it too. After ep 17 and 18 i just cant stop replaying OST reply88 part 5 and part 9..and ofc little girl by Oh hyuk. JH really makes all of us in this thread feels like broke up with longtime boyfriend that we never had. it hurt us so much right?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Eessttaa said:

Hi everyone, first time comment since before I always be silent reader lol

i got positive energy from you all thanks,it is really nice to read all you comments...

i always believe since ep 1 that junghwan is the husband, honestly my fav is GKP from before reply started, I rooted him..but when I watched first ep, I thought why the focus more on JH, is he the husband?tbh I'm worried bcoz I root for SW...but I got this vibe from JH...so I give up watched the series on ep 3 but I tried to watch it again and found something attracted me...RJY, oh okay idk why but he really catched my heart so I abandoned SW lol..same when I reallllyyy deeply falling in love with trash oppa. 

yeah same here! i watched R88 bcs GKP and i think he will be a husband candidate! even in official poster, he sit beside hyeri!

and to be honest i'm giggles when i saw RJY in the poster (who is he? r they serious pick this guy for this drama?)

AND BAAAAAM! HE ROBE MY HEART IN VERY FIRST EPISODE!!! GOSHHH!!

he just cool in his own way :heart::heart::heart:

i never give up watching R88, bcs i love the story TOO MUCH!

i watched A LOT of Kdrama and i can say REPLY 1988 is such a gems in tons of kdrama! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dairymilks said:

HI I JUST WANT TO SAY

IT AIN'T OVER TIL IT'S OVER

I think the writer really loves this phrase. She keeps reuse it verbally and non-verbally. 

1 hour ago, ricenamja said:

His hair oh lord his hairrrrrrrrrrrrr :heart:

I wonder why/how did Lee Sojin's niece at Reply's filming set? I obviously envy~~ hahaha, Lee Seojin can be Taek, Bogum played his younger self in Wonderful days, but in real life he is so Junghwan, well richard simmons you Reply team, hahahaha...

Spoiler

Okay I got my nap and lunch, I think I can start to share what I feel about epi 18, first I am sorry if anyone offended by my previous post, @snowy21 and @leekyuphii i was so drained emotionally and tired physically, I wish I didn't offended anyone else here. I was frustrated and sad by the fact that many people said the confession was joke or worse 'fake proposal'. how many years, angst and struggles JH has endured to gets to that point he finally confess? why now? he seems doesn't even mind DS dating or go on dates with boys, I believe, in my pov the trigger is simple, he realized his hesitation these years brought him there, where he can't go on with it nor backing off anymore, he put a stop to it. and the smile when he sees ds keep looking at to the door. it is similar to a scene he saw SW and DS's dictionary in SW's room. This confession is when he finally gives up his long time deep feeling. He still loves her, but he will try to move on. But in reply series always need two sides giving up each other not one side, we see JH's side, but DS? we'll get to see soon. and though it takes hours, I'm glad most ppl now understand that the confession wasn't a joke or fake proposal. I wish that essential fact also spread to other viewers.

I like the other part of the stories. about BR-SW, Miok-JB and how the parents still miss their kids tho they're come back home after a long time. the most obvious parallelism is between Kim and Sung family. in last night episode, they were really throwing much clues about the husband is taek too, but to throws out those cues on epi 18 is just confirming that the husband is actually the other guy. 

the reason why I cried so many times for JH is I feel the writer is really evil to put so much pain on him, he is the nicest guy, he put family and friends first before himself, he is always considerate and toughtful, he is strong, he is smart, but these ssangmundong kids really taking him for granted, the boys don't really know him, don't really pay attention on him. but no matter how he still cherish these friends a lot. I know JH's character made by the same person who gives him pain, such an irony. I wish lee woojung won't be so evil to taek in next two episodes. I wish no one be in so much pain ever again.

• Like 20

8 minutes ago, wizengamot said:

i mean DS-JH relationship had gone through a lot of emotions, bickering friends, awkward teenagers realizing tension between opposite sex, JH this-is-so-crazy-i'm-totally-giddy-when-i-see-her moments and DS i'm-gonna-pretend-to-have-sprained-my-ankle-to-initiate-skinship, then angst moments until we have arrived to this so if that's not development for endgame then i don;t know what is hahaha

i was actually thinking maybe deoksun seen him as something at ep 16 because she definitely look aside when she burped... but i still didn't see any 'look' she gave when taek asked her to meet-up, she also was being fussy when taek canceled the date so maybe that's why she was hesitating when taek wanted to carry her................................ i know i've become so random after i posted my insecurities because of that gif, but apparently i am teamdeoksun too so i can't unsee these little development between them : (  and i really really really need your opinion on this : (

• Like 1

Ha. I still can't comprehend what happened in the last minute of last night episode.

As a big picture, it was a great episode. This is a great series after all! Its always is and always will. But.. but.. its not wrong to be obsessed (mad to be exact) over the love line no? Its not that we're not appreciating the whole story, its just that we're at lost at how it went.. why.. how.. whyyy auuughh its frustrating!!!

I've been refreshing this thread like crazy just to make some sense of what I'm feeling right now. And I see that everyone is as devastated as I am. Funny if you try to back track each comments, you could see how our emotion is fluctuating up and down and up and down again.. I'm sure if we can put an EKG machine in this thread.. we'll be diagnosed as some sort of a heart disease lol

So kudos to Lee chaka-nim and Shin pd-nim. Really. Truly. You guys are THE BEST.

• Like 14

I've read somewhere that there's an airport kiss? And I saw someone at dramabeans or omona (I forgot) that there's an airplane crash during 1995 or 1997 so they will be reuniting. Maybe that will be the turning point? Please take this as a grain of salt. But I can't really wait for friday and saturday to come. Hugs for everyone! :wub:

• Like 5

I've been trying to re-watch episode 18 for several times but I just can't help but to stop at the 1:06:30 mark cause that's when JH ran to see DS in the concert. I just can't re-watch it cause I can seriously feel the pain y'all know. I've been wondering how the richard simmons can a fictional k-drama do this kind of thing to me. I'm actually sobbing right now while writing this. I just can't. Junghwan's pain is real. it got me. 

• Like 21

5 minutes ago, cheetah_omma said:

yeah same here! i watched R88 bcs GKP and i think he will be a husband candidate! even in official poster, he sit beside hyeri!

and to be honest i'm giggles when i saw RJY in the poster (who is he? r they serious pick this guy for this drama?)

AND BAAAAAM! HE ROBE MY HEART IN VERY FIRST EPISODE!!! GOSHHH!!

he just cool in his own way :heart::heart::heart:

i never give up watching R88, bcs i love the story TOO MUCH!

i watched A LOT of Kdrama and i can say REPLY 1988 is such a gems in tons of kdrama! 

Me too,lol wondering who is he lol, buttt he really something RJY thanks to reply I found him, so it doesn't matter now who will be the husband as long as I will see JH. Smiled is enough for me. He always hah sad from early episodes dammit writternim...in 94 trash oppa really have his way dating na jeong, if trash oppa not be the husband, at leaast he ever in relationship with his beloved. But JH???? If really writternim just cut JH, I really mad how they make JH really suffer a lot..A LOT!! Sigh 

I enjoyed this drama bcoz Kim family tho, if there no Kim family in this reply, I will not attracted into this phase of crazy lol.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tituyphing said:

I think the writer really loves this phrase. She keeps reuse it verbally and non-verbally. 

I wonder why/how did Lee Sojin's niece at Reply's filming set? I obviously envy~~ hahaha, Lee Seojin can be Taek, Bogum played his younger self in Wonderful days, but in real life he is so Junghwan, well richard simmons you Reply team, hahahaha...

Reveal hidden contents

Okay I got my nap and lunch, I think I can start to share what I feel about epi 18, first I am sorry if anyone offended by my previous post, @snowy21 and @leekyuphii i was so drained emotionally and tired physically, I wish I didn't offended anyone else here. I was frustrated and sad by the fact that many people said the confession was joke or worse 'fake proposal'. how many years, angst and struggles JH has endured to gets to that point he finally confess? why now? he seems doesn't even mind DS dating or go on dates with boys, I believe, in my pov the trigger is simple, he realized his hesitation these years brought him there, where he can't go on with it nor backing off anymore, he put a stop to it. and the smile when he sees ds keep looking at to the door. it is similar to a scene he saw SW and DS's dictionary in SW's room. This confession is when he finally gives up his long time deep feeling. He still loves her, but he will try to move on. But in reply series always need two sides giving up each other not one side, we see JH's side, but DS? we'll get to see soon. and though it takes hours, I'm glad most ppl now understand that the confession wasn't a joke or fake proposal. I wish that essential fact also spread to other viewers.

I like the other part of the stories. about BR-SW, Miok-JB and how the parents still miss their kids tho they're come back home after a long time. the most obvious parallelism is between Kim and Sung family. in last night episode, they were really throwing much clues about the husband is taek too, but to throws out those cues on epi 18 is just confirming that the husband is actually the other guy. 

the reason why I cried so many times for JH is I feel the writer is really evil to put so much pain on him, he is the nicest guy, he put family and friends first before himself, he is always considerate and toughtful, he is strong, he is smart, but these ssangmundong kids really taking him for granted, the boys don't really know him, don't really pay attention on him. but no matter how he still cherish these friends a lot. I know JH's character made by the same person who gives him pain, such an irony. I wish lee woojung won't be so evil to taek in next two episodes. I wish no one be in so much pain ever again.

This drama is nothing but caused agony especially for JH shippers T.T I believe at the end we can get our candy from them and we will smile from ear to ear :) I am waiting for it to happen.. I don't believe R1988 writer will do such a bad thing to us.. as she will not kill any characters in this drama.. I pray that she will give us sweet closure :) keeping my faith strong..

Come to think of it.. this drama just mess up my life or should I say I messed up my life hooking onto this drama .. life is full of irony.. 

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, ner54 said:

YES! That's exactly how I feel, I just can't express it beautifully like you did hehe. I agree with the highlighted part too. In the case of JH/DS, something big must happen for them to realise their feelings (DS) and that they are loved (JH). Although I don't mind too if nothing big happens and they just make their way to each other. But this is a k-drama we're talking about so something big must happen...

Yes, he must do something dramatic that is drama worth. :wub:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, namunamuyeppeo said:

I've been trying to re-watch episode 18 for several times but I just can't help but to stop at the 1:06:30 mark cause that's when JH ran to see DS in the concert. I just can't re-watch it cause I can seriously feel the pain y'all know. I've been wondering how the richard simmons can a fictional k-drama do this kind of thing to me. I'm actually sobbing right now while writing this. I just can't. Junghwan's pain is real. it got me. 

Dang that was one long episode. That scene happened at the halfway mark. The finale going to be 3 hours long. Calling it now LOL. Can anyone tell me the episode where oppa-ya comes to meet Jeong for y2k but fate and timing are not on his side. The scene is similar to the Jung Gump run and I want to know if their narrations were similar too

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, snowy21 said:

This drama is nothing but caused agony especially for JH shippers T.T I believe at the end we can get our candy from them and we will smile from ear to ear :) I am waiting for it to happen.. I don't believe R1988 writer will do such a bad thing to us.. as she will not kill any characters in this drama.. I pray that she will give us sweet closure :) keeping my faith strong..

Come to think of it.. this drama just mess up my life or should I say I messed up my life hooking onto this drama .. life is full of irony.. 

Yes please I need that candy so badly.

Friday.. come sooner. Please. 

• Like 1

Guys, I am not a shipper but I still think JH is hubby.  It can't be when obvious clues point to JH and hidden meanings point to Taek and it becomes Taek can it?  Please can someone tell me if JH was speaking to Noeul in banmal or jondae when he gave him the pink gloves to pass to DS?  

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

Dang that was one long episode. That scene happened at the halfway mark. The finale going to be 3 hours long. Calling it now LOL. Can anyone tell me the episode where oppa-ya comes to meet Jeong for y2k but fate and timing are not on his side. The scene is similar to the Jung Gump run and I want to know if their narrations were similar too

I thought like you it'on ep19.

• Like 11