[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

3 minutes ago, ratgirlina said:

i wasn't too sure what happened with wook double betrayal till i watched the subbed version.

CP said, he was already on his way back when he received wook's letter explaining yo's plan to revolt.

that would mean, baek ah made it to CP first. wook sent the letter because he suspect soo was on CP side and she would told someone of his plan with yo. so he sent it after he reveal to soo about it. he can see that soo was not on his side, during his chat with yeon hwa he clearly said he was worried of someone's betrayal.

smart move wook, but that caused you soo's love. 

@ratgirlina  This is a very calculating move he wants to win the CP over WS WW wanted to kill Ws in that fight he had the look of hatered in his eyes..

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, missluxedo said:

Please do not quote images - moderator  Image result for tuzki sad gif

More BTS! I swear, I am totally eating these up...crazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif?1292792378crazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif?1292792378

OMG these dorks, eventhough i don't understand it but i keep laughing when they laugh and i also keep distracted since the 1st seconds because of the staffs LOL

Edited by LyraYoo
  • Like 8

This episode literally gave me goosebumps, Wook and So's fight scene and then the crown prince arriving. Also, read some of analyzation which is very interesting. I agree that it was unfortunate that it's only until now that they're really building So/Soo's relationship but we also have to remember that compared to the cversion, the kversion has much less eps. About Scarlet Heart Ryeo pulling a CIIT, I'm not really sure - I don't think I would say that since from the early eps, they were already sharing a "special kind of relationship". Honestly, I'm just enjoying it and see where it leads us, though I'm still curious about Haesoo's previous "premonition". 

Also, kind of funny that Yo is still alive, I mean really. lol. which lead me to think that it must be his uncle who helped him? I'm so anxious since we only have a few eps left, would have been better if there were 25 ep.

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, ratgirlina said:

i wasn't too sure what happened with wook double betrayal till i watched the subbed version.

CP said, he was already on his way back when he received wook's letter explaining yo's plan to revolt.

that would mean, baek ah made it to CP first. wook sent the letter because he suspect soo was on CP side and she would told someone of his plan with yo. so he sent it after he reveal to soo about it. he can see that soo was not on his side, during his chat with yeon hwa he clearly said he was worried of someone's betrayal.

smart move wook, but that caused you soo's love. 

@ratgirlina @valsava I don't think Baek Ah reached to CP first. If you read subtitle carefully, it said It would tak 2 days to reach to where CP is and come back but CP & Baek Ah came back next day morning. It showed that CP was already his way back to capital and met Baek Ah & WH on the way.  That means, WW sent letter to CP at least one to two day before (basically he notified CP even the night before they planned to kill the King). Baek Ah left the next day after the night the king collapsed. I mentioned why Wook did that in my previous post. 

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, valsava said:

My thought is on cunning YH claiming she loves So for a long time, Her and WW gets me how the confuses love and greed at the same time.. 

She does have feelings for him but I agree with you. I don't think it can be called love. I don't know how to describe it but she does like him in a positive way yet she's too ambitious. She wants the power.

30 minutes ago, ratgirlina said:

just watched the subbed version.

king told soo if someone approached her asking for his condition, she should tell them the king just need more tea. if someone approached her and ask her if the king is dead, that person was after the throne.

so, didn't ask her anything. he was not after the throne, he was only after her heart. therefore she told him everything.

when soo approached so next to the pond. i love that she just sat next to him. not keeping a distance. lovely scene

The King is wise until the end when he told Soo that whoever asked about him is going after the throne. Very wise indeed. But he's not wise in love.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, valsava said:

@ratgirlina  This is a very calculating move he wants to win the CP over WS WW wanted to kill Ws in that fight he had the look of hatered in his eyes..

yes.

he already told yo to kill so if he resisted. he was betting what he suspected, that soo have feelings for so, and that she would run to so for help. 

soo realize just that when she confronted wook after.

the shocked soo felt. this kind and loving prince, the man she love and wants to protect from the supposedly ruthless future king gwangjong. turned out it's the total opposite. it's wook who wants to kill so, while so don't want to kill wook or any other prince, not if he doesn't have to.

well good for her, finally opening her eyes and see of the lies, lies wook told himself too, that he is this kind noble prince. when in reality he covet the throne just like yo.

• Like 12

Currently watching ep 13 with subs so I'm gonna do some commenting on various scenes heh.

So firstly the scene between Soo and Jung kept me thinking.. Does Jung only treats Soo as his "nu-nim"? Perhaps he has a little bit of feelings for her? Plus he said that line "I won't refer to you as my older sister either".. Because whenever I watch their interaction, I can't help but remember the C version, in which Jung marries Soo in the end just to get her out of the palace, so I'll always be thinking if the K version, Jung will do the same..

Okay, even though Wook sided with the Crown Prince, but still he's gonna go after the throne anyway. So he'll definitely get rid of those standing in his way.. I'm really glad Soo finally wakes up her idea, so I guess it's officially the end of Soo/Wook??? 

OOH I love the part where Soo, So, Baek Ah and Woohee allies together!!!!! At least not all hope is lost with these four!

When the Crown Prince arrived, I was like jumping in my seat LIKE YES FINALLY!!!! 

That last scene at the end.. </3 Still I'm glad there's sweet moments like these between So/Soo,,

Feels regarding preview: WAIT WHAT? SO IS MARRYING THE KING'S DAUGHTER????? WHO IS LIKE 12?!! OMG Soo hurry go and get your man back, he's gonna marry a kid!!!!! 

Holy crap, bearded and haggard looking Yo comes back for revenge, this shows how many years has it been after he fell from the cliff?

Oh and our Soo is back to being a Court Lady?? Yay!!! 

I really can't wait for next week!!!!! 

• Like 19

@lebritneeey i never think that Wook sided with CP, it was his way to make all that standing before him gone without him needed to dirty his own hand. He's so sly, just like his sister, manipulative and calculative in working his way for the throne. You might not have the same idea as me, but that's what i think after watching his convo with his sister *wink

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, kyar7jizhenll said:

@ratgirlina @valsava I don't think Baek Ah reached to CP first. If you read subtitle carefully, it said It would tak 2 days to reach to where CP is and come back but CP & Baek Ah came back next day morning. It showed that CP was already his way back to capital and met Baek Ah & WH on the way.  That means, WW sent letter to CP at least one to two day before (basically he notified CP even the night before they planned to kill the King). Baek Ah left the next day after the night the king collapsed. I mentioned why Wook did that in my previous post. 

but the subbed clearly state CP received wook's letter when he was on his way back. as for how they arrived early i assume it's because woo hee used a short cut.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, zi4r said:

(If you are easily angered by negatives regarding MLSHR, please skip the next 2 paragraphs. I am gonna address the problems in this week's episodes)

So, on the negative side, I think it's fair to say, I find the pacing a bit too fast to be comfortable, the editing quite lacking, the transitions in scenes almost non-existent (especially in DF versions). The glaring irritations (like the Queen's sudden grey hair) really should have been avoided, because minor or not, it really cheapens the quality of the production. Also, (I think I am gonna get hated for this, but) I find Baek-ah romance thread to be really uninteresting and forced, and Seohyun's acting (her forever glaring & grimaced expressions) to be a constant source of annoyance. IU's acting was on point for Ep11&12, but in Ep13, I find it to be slightly lacking again.

Now that negatives are out of the way, there is one thing I am on the fence about: My brain is not fully following the portrayal of WW's character. First, I thought he was upright, educated but dull (till Ep10). Then, I thought he was incompetent and indecisive and forever blaming everyone else's for his problems (Ep11-12) -- I can forgive him for murder, treachery & not helping HS; I couldn't forgive him for not owning up to his mistakes/incompetence. Now (Ep13), he is the genius among them all? What? I need to rewatch all the episodes again to suss out whether I missed any indication of how dark (and brilliant) the character has turned this episode.

Hey!:)  can I give my thoughts to your opinion? hehe. I totally agree with you, all the way, about the editing part. expecially in the international version (as my previous post has stated) and i also agree with you with the baek-ah and seohyun's romance its forced, but i dont know maybe its due to poor editing skills? well whatever the case, i dont like the results of the love line. 

now, about the queen's hair, it doesnt bother me that her hair is suddenly white like that (because i've seen it myself with my own grandma LOL) her hair just anyhow turns darker when its tied up and then whiter when its not tied up. and we all know korean queens use fake hair for their buns, so it doesnt bother me much. 

but about the WW part tho, i've always seen him as very smart because he tends to avoid problems and watch from sideline, he's very smart and also very careful, thats why in eps 13 we see him as a genius, but i would say he's just being careful 

well, thats all hehe, i'm not hating, but its just my opinion on your thoughts :) i really hope you find a time to reply me cause i really love that we can discuss some stuff in threads like this :)

• Like 15

@ratgirlina @valsava @kyar7jizhenllI think it's just a matter of the translation or maybe the lines of the character. But Wook could be communicating with the CP the whole time and then at the last minute send the letter to inform of the revolt. We will never know. lol It's just an assumption. But yes, they probably used the shortcut.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, ratgirlina said:

yes.

he already told yo to kill so if he resisted. he was betting what he suspected, that soo have feelings for so, and that she would run to so for help. 

soo realize just that when she confronted wook after.

the shocked soo felt. this kind and loving prince, the man she love and wants to protect from the supposedly ruthless future king gwangjong. turned out it's the total opposite. it's wook who wants to kill so, while so don't want to kill wook or any other prince, not if he doesn't have to.

well good for her, finally opening her eyes and see of the lies, lies wook told himself too, that he is this kind noble prince. when in reality he covet the throne just like yo.

@ratgirlina  I suspect WW was the one that let WY out of prison which I'm not the only one that does but the upcoming episode he's showing more of his cunning side trying to get the King to abdicate the throne to him which I think he's double crossing WY again but has found a way out of the mess. I think he will also try and get WY to exile WS from the palace in and attempt to win HS back.. I was always on the fence about HS and WW relationship something that bother me from episode one that I just didn't understand.. Even though she was brought into his home as a young girl what was so different about her now that he was so intrige by that he didn't see before she went into her deep sleep and awake to be the love of his life.. SMH But I had said if she don't wake up to his deception and keep giving WS the cold shoulder I was going to start shipping YH and WS.  

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, stevii said:

Hey!:)  can I give my thoughts to your opinion? hehe. I totally agree with you, all the way, about the editing part. expecially in the international version (as my previous post has stated) and i also agree with you with the baek-ah and seohyun's romance its forced, but i dont know maybe its due to poor editing skills? well whatever the case, i dont like the results of the love line. 

now, about the queen's hair, it doesnt bother me that her hair is suddenly white like that (because i've seen it myself with my own grandma LOL) her hair just anyhow turns darker when its tied up and then whiter when its not tied up. and we all know korean queens use fake hair for their buns, so it doesnt bother me much. 

but about the WW part tho, i've always seen him as very smart because he tends to avoid problems and watch from sideline, he's very smart and also very careful, thats why in eps 13 we see him as a genius, but i would say he's just being careful 

well, thats all hehe, i'm not hating, but its just my opinion on your thoughts :) i really hope you find a time to reply me cause i really love that we can discuss some stuff in threads like this :)

Thanks @stevii, for giving me some perspective on WW. You're probably right. I think I just needa digest on the whiplash of a progression this drama seems to be giving his character. It will probably make more sense once I rewatch the series (for the 8th time -- What has become of my life?).

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

@ratgirlina @valsava @kyar7jizhenllI think it's just a matter of the translation or maybe the lines of the character. But Wook could be communicating with the CP the whole time and then at the last minute send the letter to inform of the revolt. We will never know. lol It's just an assumption. But yes, they probably used the shortcut.

true. they might clarify this in future ep.

question, in the preview, was it not wook who told the sick CP/king to give up the throne to him? i got distracted by the kiss, the rest of the preview went by like a blur:P

• Like 10

the "good" queen i think we all  underestimate her she very smart and cold person even when the evil queen lost her stable bad aura ... i think the aura just jump in good queen face ...she have some guts for sure i didn't suspect her at all even after i know that to good is not so good she was like fairy mother to everyone WS HS king ( most the king ) and even lady OH she is like play with all and who wins is always on your side :) guest WW is rely her son :) 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, ratgirlina said:

true. they might clarify this in future ep.

question, in the preview, was it not wook who told the sick CP/king to give up the throne to him? i got distracted by the kiss, the rest of the preview went by like a blur:P

Yes it was him that told the CP/King to abdicate the throne to him, Ws marrying the King young daughter was a move WW and YH didn't see coming.. I think by WS marrying her the throne would automatically go to WS this is one oof the reason I think WW is asking him for the throne using his daughter as a threat to him the king.. Now when WY comes into power because of WW backstabbing and cunning ways I thinbk WY sees this in him and finds out how nuch of a manipulator he is and hands the throne over to WS or WY took sides with WS against WW..  

• Like 6