[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

9 hours ago, ShaiKeun said:

I am watching (again?) ep 16 (my most fave ep). In the scene where Soo implore the truth from So if he still loves her and when he kisses her. She kisses him back. He pulls away and looks at her tenderly. He hugs her. She hugs him back.

Why this scene takes my breath away and gives me a goose bump? It is the way they look at each other, and see each others reflection in their iris. There  is this some sort of communications that only a heart can understand. When they hug, you can feel their longing at each other, and look how they are pressing against each others body. And when So gently wipes the single tear from Soo's cheek, my heart melted away.. 

Next, she’s sleeping in her nightgown. He watches her sleep. He gently stokes her face. She wakes and smiles. He smiles.  I smiled too. 

They make shadow animals and laugh together. He smiles at her. They eat together. She feeds him. (insert the one of the cut scenes - he feeds her too)They watch the night sky and laugh when he struggles to pronounce Pegasus. Pe--suss. Hahaha!  ( I won't mention the next scene. It is a bad word.)

Sigggghhh! I am so inlove with this scene. 

I so love ep 16. It's the ending episode for me sans jimong's appearance. ;)

• Like 4

Lets us vote here everyday:

http://www.koreandrama.org/the-best-korean-drama-of-2016/    vote closed 30 dec 2016

and here

http://voteformost.net/best-korean-dramas-2016-poll/  vote closed 31 march 2017 (top priority)

http://voteformost.net/best-korean-drama-ever-poll/  (second poll)

You can only vote AFTER 24 hours, not reset at certain hour. so if u vote at 5.30 pm today u vote will be 5.31 pm next day.

thank u:heart:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

@NitaA Actually, chingu, Joongi's FM on Dec. 4 is at 3pm, so he can actually make his way to IU's concert afterwards. Some of us were thinking some of the cast will try to make it the same day to show their support.

That is a very very very good assumption. I fully support it. If that will happen i will laugh and jump and shout all at the same time. Seriously, i do not know if i will be able to control myself, but one thing is for sure - i will be smiling like crazy for i-don't-know-how-long. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, tinniet said:

. The fact that she drank wine with Baek Ah when she knew she was pregnant added more confusion.

I am sorry but I am lost. In what episode Hae Soo drank wine with Baek Ah?  

I was reading recaps thru recaps in order to solve the puzzle. And in ep 18, it was mentioned Baek Ah offers Hae Soo tea before she departs the palace.

In ep 17 recap,  The doctor tells Hae Soo that her knee isn’t well and one day she may not be able to walk. But even worse are the heart palpitations. The doctor asks if Hae Soo suffers from shortness of breath. She confirms this. He says her internalized frustrations have affected her body. The doctor says she may not live a long life. That startles her. She asks the doctor to estimate how long she will live. 

Is her pregnancy  really the reason why she left the palace? In ep 20 recap, The doctor tells her she’s pregnant which Hae Soo already knew. 

So, therefore I conclude: there is a deleted scene on  episode 18 or 19 as to when Hae Soo knew that she is pregnant.

Cr to kjtamusings recaps

• Like 4

Annyeong chingudeul,

This was just posted on Twitter. See the picture that's been highlighted behind IU's shoulder. I would assume it's supposed to be a picture of Go Hajin with her ex-boyfriend, however, the scene moves so swiftly and the picture so small in the background, that the production team could have just used any pics taken in the modern scenes as long as the subjects looked similar. There HAVE been many movies/series done in the US where the set decorators will slip in funny items just to see if any on the cast, crew, or viewers notice. Wouldn't it be nice to think that it might actually be a picture of Wangso finally meeting Soo in her time??

Another post from our chingu AuroraRain.

• Like 22

2 hours ago, ldwon4 said:

Hello!

So I just got a new laptop, and I wanna get some nice HD pics of Wang So/ Lee Joon Gi for my lockscreen so he's the first thing I see on my laptop! Please post if you have any! :))

i put "this pict" for my laptop...:w00t: but its not HD

PS:u may visit page 1979 of this thread,posted by redlion before:rolleyes:

• Like 11

On 11/20/2016 at 4:37 AM, antiherofans said:

I have this weird theory.

For me, after 10 years of watching kdrama, MLSHR is not your ordinary kdrama. I called it Fusion Kdrama. It is different yet have similarity to normal kdrama.

If watching kdrama is like eating kimchi, watching MLSHR is like eating fusion food with kimchi as one of the ingredient.

For international fans, it is easier to accept because it is similar to our taste with a hint of korean flavour. That is why we can use so many hollywood production as reference to MLSHR. It is familiar yet so fresh. 

But for some korean, they would think this is not authentic. It is different from their normal kimchi/kdrama. Some may get a bit offended because they ruin the basic principal of kdrama. 

I don't know if this would make any sense at all. I just hope one day SK can see the beauty of this drama and fall in love with MLSHR like the rest of the world did :).

Good analogy. I think MLSHR has a touch of western style production which isn't a surprise since it was funded by Universal Studios and therefore it appeals more to the International audience.  My sister just watched MDBC and she noted the difference in style. MDBC is your regular kdrama formula hence the high rating, whereas MLSHR is a new form of kdrama, which the director I believe said that it would be at the very beginning. Unfortunately, SK audience is not ready for that kind of change. All pioneers have their critics and MLSHR is no different, but one has to embrace change in order to progress.  I hope the powers to be in the awarding committees will recognize MLSHR for its ability to emotionally affect a global audience to the extent that it has.

• Like 18

On 11/20/2016 at 8:21 AM, ShaiKeun said:

Idk, what is happening to me? I am a kdrama addict since Glass Slippers, 2002 until MLSHR, 2016. But my enthusiasm in watching kdrama ended when MLSHR ends. My sister, friends and colleagues recommended TLOBS and O my guem bi but, i don't have the heart to watch it. I have no energy to watch them. Actually, I was watching K2 and Jealousy Incarnate along with MLSHR.  Unfortunately, MLSHR ended first, so i have not able to watch the ending of K2 and JI which I have heard it has a happy ending. To think I am a Yoona shipper. 

Chingus, I need some advises and suggestions what to do that my eagerness to watch kdrama will come back. This is a serious state, i am not kidding. Kdrama is my shock absober, my divertion, my cure to boredom.  Gomawo chingus. 

I am watching Princess Wei Young. The story is good and after the first 5 eps I am getting used to the cast. It isn't MLSHR but it at least keeps me away from thinking too much about our SoSoo :tears: I am also watching some older crime dramas to divert any interest in love stories that cannot compare to MLSHR.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, ShaiKeun said:

I am sorry but I am lost. In what episode Hae Soo drank wine with Baek Ah?  

I was reading recaps thru recaps in order to solve the puzzle. And in ep 18, it was mentioned Baek Ah offers Hae Soo tea before she departs the palace.

In ep 17 recap,  The doctor tells Hae Soo that her knee isn’t well and one day she may not be able to walk. But even worse are the heart palpitations. The doctor asks if Hae Soo suffers from shortness of breath. She confirms this. He says her internalized frustrations have affected her body. The doctor says she may not live a long life. That startles her. She asks the doctor to estimate how long she will live. 

Is her pregnancy  really the reason why she left the palace? In ep 20 recap, The doctor tells her she’s pregnant which Hae Soo already knew. 

So, therefore I conclude: there is a deleted scene on  episode 18 or 19 as to when Hae Soo knew that she is pregnant.

Cr to kjtamusings recaps

In eps 19. They didn't actually mention wine or tea specifically, they only said "drinks" both in SBS and int version. But if you watch int version, there was this sentence from Baek Ah: "We bonded over drinks, so we should have a drink when we part." In eps 6 we know that Baek Ah-Soo friendship began when they mourned over Myung's death and got drunk (from wine or whatever beverage containing alcohol) everyday together. Based on Baek Ah's word I think it can be assumed that the "drinks" they were having was the same kind of "drinks" that bound them together. I didn't realize that myself until I saw @ruizaio's post. I then watched both version and found that sentence. And yes, Soo even asked if one drink was enough in int version. Just....weird.

I also agree that it seemed there was a deleted scene of the physician finding out about the pregnancy, because he said that even when she was in the palace, he didn't feel the baby's pulse. That means he actually examined her one more time after the first exam (where he found the heart palpitation) and found that she was pregnant eventhough there was no pulse of her baby. It's a big gaping hole in the story that sadly will never be covered.

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, hiluna said:

I am watching Princess Wei Young. The story is good and after the first 5 eps I am getting used to the cast. It isn't MLSHR but it at least keeps me away from thinking too much about our SoSoo :tears: I am also watching some older crime dramas to divert any interest in love stories that cannot compare to MLSHR.

Good for you:)

i currently watching variety show Law of the Jungle, but  i saw wolfs, seaside, trees, lake and my mind straightaway goes to SoSoo:sweatingbullets:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, phenyl said:

i put "this pict" for my laptop...:w00t: but its not HD

PS:u may visit page 1979 of this thread,posted by redlion before:rolleyes:

oh my...my.... you put that picture........ :phew:

now i know why you still can move on from SHR, everytime you open your lap top... like LJK especially did that pose for you....... :wub::P

i put fanart picture from page 1600 of this thread, posted by @tianaa, first picture.... sooo cuteeeeeee :wub:

• Like 10

Spoiler

i didnt know how i got watching this, im really planning to sleep after checking soompi..

starting at 6:12

no wonder he excelled in his role so much, he wanted to try this role all along...

good thing it was offered to him.. we got really hooked...

• Like 13

20 hours ago, ilovecoffeeandbooks said:

Okay! So an update on the Postcard Project!! So I was thinking December 5th would be a good day for everyone to mail out their postcards... I think that sending them individually will have a big impact and if we send on the same day, they should arrive around the same time so hopefully it will bring notice! I am totally willing to change things though, I truly have little idea of what I'm doing!! (if anyone wants to take over, go for it!) I put a sample wording on their (thank you @sublimelyheureuse) but I obviously don't have any Korean translation for anything, so if someone wants to take that on so that the companies can actually read what we write, that would be great!! :D I love you guys!

(btw, I made this in MS paint, so be gentle... I have no computer skills)

Reveal hidden contents

postcard3_zpskalgbgwx.png?t=1480011688

Thank you very much :D do you think we have to write the message in Korean or in English? And after 'Seoul (zip 06094)' do we have to write South Korea or Korea? It's the first time for me :(

• Like 8

After MLSHR, I stop watching for the time beaing Kdrama.  I'm looking for something similar to MLSHR.  I've discovered Prince LanLing. It's actually realy good and it reminds me alot MLSHR. Prince LanLing is also the 4th prince and the heroine is someone who can predict the future. She's in love with the 4th although she knows that she's not destined  to be with him. The costume are similar also but I wish LJG was the main lead.... he'd be great in this drama!

• Like 12

21 hours ago, tinniet said:

@ruizaio "A friend of mine got a hold of all the scripts (at least the ones bound to books, not the loose sheets) and her opinion of the writer changed a little for the better after skimming through them because despite the poor word choices, the story seemed a little more complete..."

Omg are you saying that the full scripts are actually available? Is it shareable? I'm seriously dying to get one, I will really appreciate it if you can help me :tears:

:heart:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tinniet said:

eps 19. They didn't actually mention wine or tea specifically, they only said "drinks" both in SBS and int version. But if you watch int version, there was this sentence from Baek Ah: "We bonded over drinks, so we should have a drink when we part." 

Yep, i looked into it. Ep 19 recap. :  Baek-ah and Su share a parting drink. 

Something is bothering me  since I watched ep 18 - 19. Soo wanted to leave the palace desperately since the death of CR. She even told Wang So with their daily contact she growns herself disliking and despising Wang So. That it is better they will let each other go while there is still love between them. Was she really serious? 

But when Wang So confronted her regarding her engagement  to Wook. When a tear running down Soo's cheek while saying Wook was the only one in her heart, she was in tears too trying to take Soo's hand. When So pulled away, she collapsed  crying.  This confused and made me mad. Isn't this  what she wanted? So will set her free? Why cry? 

Research says that females are fickle in nature.  Is Soo the literal description of  a fickle minded woman? What was in the mind of Tong Hua when she wrote the character of  Rouxi? 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, makino92 said:

Thank you very much :D do you think we have to write the message in Korean or in English? And after 'Seoul (zip 06094)' do we have to write South Korea or Korea? It's the first time for me :(

I think, It must be South Korea.  In my opinion,  you can write it in Korean if you know Korean language. :)

• Like 5