[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Watching KGJ standing alone in that painting is devastating! :tears: Yes HS... now you know that you should not have left him!  Will it be any different if HS stand by his side.. maybe.  He may not be as ruthless as per what JM said. Why was everyone blaming KGJ for everything that had happened? Arent those people living in the palace should be more well educated?  Actually I'm quite happy that till the end WS-HS did not meet.  Then only WJ will be sole guardian of her child.  Imagine the girl living in the palace with all the snakes.  But, I would love to see more interactions & bonding between WS & his child + confession from WJ (as BA said, he should repent to the King for his actions).  At least, the monologue of KGJ going to search for HS if there’s another world is commendable/assuring.

Those 2 episodes ended in a blink of an eye.  I even checked the recording time.  The pace is so fast + choppy editing + crammed into 2eps + chronology of scenes.  I don’t have time to mourn-embrace-cherish all the scenes/moments, frankly speaking I didn’t cry a river, just a bucket.. :P The feeling is not up to my expectation.  It is more of unsatisfactory rather than sad.  I wish it could be prolonged to 4 episodes.  So much could be expanded but please.. no BA, JM & YH or Queen Hwangbo… unnecessary.  Production team should have expanded the story in 21st century.  Why JM could be reincarnated yet to another person? Should have been WS.. (of coz I want to see him as a 21st century man! :wub:). Definitely going to read all the fanfictions in order to satisfy my feelings, that will be my closure.

The only thing that I’m happy is WW died! YES!

PD-nim Writer-nim… I will read reviews before I start watching your next drama or I may go straight to the ending and backtrack later.

Btw, what about the HS’s diary?  Should have expanded on that too…

Eclipses-chingus of this forum.. you guys are fantastic!  Thanks for sharing & reading my thoughts.  At least the burden is lesser & I can smile happily everytime I'm in this forum

:heart:

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, Silvermaine said:

Okay, now that I think about it, I don't think Hae Soo died believing So hated her. When the gisaeng performed her song, surely it must have been widely known in the artistic circle and even in the streets about this woman the king loved and the song she sang. She died knowing that the king of the nation probably told stories, spread word, or made performers sing this certain song in the palace.

that scene really teared me up buckets of it.. she didnt knew that it was the moment that WS realized he loved her... she only saw him leave that time...

• Like 16

26 minutes ago, ilovecoffeeandbooks said:

So the thing that got me as I rewatched episode 20 for like the fourth time (each time is different, I swear!)  is that when Soo was at Jung's and she was drawing on the rock, she drew WS with his mask. Before episode 20, there was a big discussion (I'm too lazy to go back and find the posts) about how she missed the fourth prince and not the king. BUT when she was imagining that WS was there with her writing or drawing, she was picturing GJ. Now, I'm a blubbering mess at this part (well, pretty  much all of it... I'm not ready to say goodbye) but it really showed that she loved ALL of Wang So, not just before he became king... She just wanted any little piece of him that she could get, masked or crowned.

It just makes ending all the more poignant because even if she met him and he didn't remember her, she would still love him... she loves his soul not just his body (heh). I'm going to live in my little bubble and believe that he came back during the eclipse and was waiting to meet her in the museum, copy cat accusations be damned (can I say that word on here?) LA LA LA I CANT HEAR YOUR LOGIC

Thank you everyone for being a part of this thread with me... it has seriously been a journey and I couldn't have made it without you! My husband is so sick of hearing about MLSHR that he sat down and watched it with me and then asked if I was over it now (as if, but hopefully soon!) You are seriously the best!!! Happy Drama Watching!!! :heart:

Ohhhh this is good. We've already established that their love is great. It also means So and Soo's love is more intense than Ruoxi and Yinzhen's. For Ruoxi, there was no emperor, only her fourth prince. But for Soo, the entirety of Wang So is what she loves.

• Like 16

19 minutes ago, antoniaclamens said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

ScrltHrtRyo.E20.EnD.540p.NEXT.mkv_003525

If we are not fom the same world...

I will find you.

My ... (insert my name here)

Yes please. I'll even help you to find me.

Sorry.  I couldn't help myself.  

• Like 15

51 minutes ago, clarissasan said:

About HS's baby (just want to answer some of your question ^_^), why she is already that big after being born and already has a full head of hair, apparently some babies can born with full head of hair :) I even search for it because I want to know how old was the baby when HS died. So there are two alternatives of time:

1. The baby was born with full head of hair and HS died shortly from giving birth. I don't really know what is the normal newborn-baby size but the size looks normal  to me :) it's just the sound of the baby's crying that didn't sounded natural. I mean the baby looked so quiet when being shown to Jung by their maid but the sound of her crying was loud. It's weird lol

2. The time has already skipped for months (without proper acknowledgement to us)  before HS died so the baby was already become bigger. Another clue was HS sent WS lots of letters (she started sending it after the baby was born) but still no reply after all those time. That lots of letter she sent indicate time has passed whether it's for weeks or months. Well there's probability maybe she sent it everyday, but HS believed that WS will immediately come after he read her letter so HS may have already waited at least for days/weeks before she start sending a new letter.

The baby was supposed to be a premie (born early) according to Jung so the baby was a bit big for a newborn but the lady who brought her out did say she was born healthy which is not as common for premies either.  Head of hair can happen to some babies as some are extremely hairy.  My son had hair on his ears that eventually fell out (weird!).  My son also came out looking like he was 3 months old rather than that wrinkly skinny purple cone-headed alien baby most people think newborns look like.  He actually wore 3 month old clothing when he was born and skipped newborn diapers completely and was wearing 12 month old clothing by the time he was 3 months.  But the most logical explanation is that simply, they didn't use a newborn for filming because of the risks involved.  If I remember correctly, the first full set of important shots in the US comes right around 6 weeks which is why most daycares do not accept infants younger than this.  While I don't know Korea's policy on that, I do know that newborns and the moms are usually on house arrest right after birth for several weeks and visitors aren't allowed either and you have to eat seaweed soup for like every meal for forever it seems (or was this just my in laws?!).  It has to do with some old belief that babies were more prone to illness/death in the first 100 days which is why they celebrate their 100th day after birth.  Newborns also tend to require more attention to diaper changes/feedings (every 2 hours) which can affect filming and vice versa put unnecessary stress on the baby.  Using a little older of an infant just makes it a little easier for everyone I would think.  

• Like 15

1 hour ago, iloveknovela said:

WS's love for HS, I couldn't find the exact words to describe it BUT indeed it is an epic one.  I think LJK said possessive not obsessive, if my memory serves me right. Being possessive is not always a negative thing for me because nobody wants to be possessive of something they doesn't want to possess.  When we have something that our hearts truly desires, the proof of that is PURSUIT.  Whatever it is, it can only be a failure if we give up.  We all have seen that with GJ and though the journey is quite arduous, he won the battle.  No wonder he was always jealous too.  I guess both of them are the same .... they don't want to share what's theirs, Soo hates polygamy while So hates to see her close with another man.

I think I'll be re-watching this drama until I have enough ..... that's my withdrawal pill, always.

I seem to remember him saying "obsessive" in The Running Man episode (which I thoroughly enjoyed) and here it is... I tracked the longer interview down but the one I saw first was the actual Running Man episode. Love the bromance even in this interview.

They are such gorgeous boys... so completely different from the characters they play. Wonderful actors.

• Like 17

5 minutes ago, nikiazia said:

they shoot this scene for final episode ... but final episode different with what they shoot before. this scene not aired. why they do that for us???

This shooting was for a car CF not the drama  :)

• Like 8

I'm refreshing this pages because withdrawal syndrome still holds me down. Things I'm stil curious are:

1. Who painted those paintings in the museum? I understand if the palace artist painted the scene of So at the rain ceremony and GJ, but who the heck could see and paint the moment Soo followed Wook's footsteps at the snowfield? And Jung's fight against the bad guys? And Soo's comedic action with Taejo? Soo didn't even see some of the scenes that flashed in her flashback so how come she had memory of those?

2. The shadow of eclipse on GJ's face and how his face just disappeared in the shadow. So what's the purpose of that eclipse? Was that the moment where Soo's (and JM's?) soul traveled back to the future? And eventhough GJ witnessed that eclipse, it didn't do anything to him? The last time the drama showed us a character (Go Hajin) dissappearing into the shadow of eclipse, she found herself in different era. So when GJ disappeared into the shadow, what is it supposed to mean? I wanna believe that his soul did time travelling too, but then the scene where Baekah left him is supposed to be after the eclipse right? Or before? I'm really confused with the sequence of events.

3. GJ wiping off the concealer. Some said that it was because he wanted to go back to his happier times when he had that scar and mask. But Soo loved him as both So and GJ, with/without scar and mask. She painted him in both version, she imagined sitting with So as GJ, and the final flashback had So as scarless GJ too. I feel like there is deeper meaning to that scene.

Sorry for a long post lol. MLSHR always gets me overthinking even till the very last eps. Daebak.

• Like 12

Maybe we shld bomb and/or trend it to show SBS that they shld at least show us that last scene that all the cast were talking abt as well as to push 4 the uncut DVD!!!

My heart wishes 4 a season 2 but really thinking abt it with my brain..  I dun think I want a season 2..especially if might suck or if the characters don't remember their past.....

Looking 4ward to the mass attack on IG tonight!

• Like 15

Can't they throw us a bone to soothe our bleeding heart here. At least still cuts of their meeting in modern times. Who cares if it doesn't make sense. This is a show about time traveling makeup artist founder of soap, BB cream and face mask after all.

Sorry withdrawal syndrome combine with MLSHR hangover here. :bawling:

• Like 14

The withdrawals is hitting me hard. I am randomly blanking or staring in space thinking of scenes from the last episode and it overwhelms to the point of tearing up.  I have a headache from a combination of no sleep, crying and the feeling of missing someone. 

• Like 20

gonna watch epi 10-20 again tonight... to get my redemption...

already rewatch ep. 19-20 again sbs version, and.. it's one of unforgatable ending that maybe hurts but in a way beautiful.. type of ending that i have to read between the lines and watch it with serenity of heart.

i learn a lot from this drama... thank you for all the cast, production and writer for making a clip of history into a delicious food for the soul.

above ALL, thank you for ALL of you in this forum, you  brought such an enlightment and enrichment to my brain and soul :heart:

• Like 14

Seriously, the final episode really made me in tears. It feels like I understand how Hae Soo and Wang So feelings for each other. I think it was a beautiful ending, because their love was immortal. But, I couldn't understand, why Ji Mong left out from the palace? And after he walked out, the eclipse was happened. Was it a coicindence?

• Like 13