[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

4 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

I watched yesterday episode 2 of that season, really a disaster...but maybe they can do better. Is not hard to be better than that episode. :lol:

DOTS was successful both in SK and internationally. made tons of money, but to have a second season proved to be difficult. MLSHR have such large cast, i don't know if they can find a time to have everybody filmed a 2nd sea.

i honestly not sure if i wanted a second season without the original cast.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

Well, if the writer and director don't give me happy ending, that is fine by me.

I would make it my own.

HS: I am sorry I leave you there alone. I am sorry.

WS: I will find you.

Then BAMMM

Go Ha Jin meet the future Wang So who by the way remember everything.

They fall in love again, get married, have lots of beautiful babies and live happily ever after.

The end.

Now I can move on with my life.

I'm gonna picture that in my head to console my broken heart. It is the ending we deserve, not the mindless one written by the heartless writer that has just been shown :tears:

• Like 9

1 minute ago, lyserose said:

6. What's the purpose of having Baek Ah meeting Wook's daughter? Is there any historical connection or anything?

someone posted earlier, historically she is supposed to be his wife in future. :crazy:

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I really should refrain from commenting before watching subs (still downloading)... But, arrgggh!! To think that I spent some time today downloading SBS version from ep.1 so as to rewatch the series because after an excellent ep.19, I was seeing hope for a great ending (doesn't have to be for them to meet again or be together, you know)... This drama ain't getting into my rewatch list. I'm still mad that it has become one of those dramas that I truly enjoyed from start, until the last 5 minutes. Aarrggghhh!!! I'd rather they give us a tear-jerker ending like C-BBJX. That ending although sad, it is way more beautiful.

Okay, so my gripe on ep.20 the finale is: (besides the obvious ie. the ending)

1) When So dashed into WJ's house, the acting was OTT... I know he's feeling very emotional, but sorry I didn't feel a thing because I cringed at the OTT reaction. He's looking for HS, screaming her name, but his eyes aren't exactly searching the room properly. Took him way too long to notice the urn, way too long for the OTT reaction. I really hated that scene which could have been made so poignant.

2) The drawings at the modern event (or should I say PPL event, sorry not buying for sure). There are too many scenes that was impossible to be drawn by the royal artist. They do not strike a chord at all with me. They are simply conveniently taken from whatever way was presented to us the viewers. Gah, such lazy production. One eg. is the walk in the snow. Come on, that's such a special personal time of WW and HS. I doubt WW would describe that scene to the royal artist to be drawn?? Urrgh!

Now I just remembered that the director is the same one as That Winter The Wind Blows and I remembered not liking the vague and confusing ending there. I think I need to make a note to stay away from this PD's work in the future.

I was about to say that we see no smiling WS in this episode, then they gave us the piggyback scene. (missed this coz of buffering, only saw gifs shared here)

Sigh, I should just go to sleep. Download not yet finished, but I'm honestly not too excited to watch it immediately. And to think I cleared all my schedules for Tuesday and Wednesday to prepare for a sob-fest! :angry:

I thought I was the only one who felt the same! As much as I like LJG's acting, the moment WangSo charging in, I was thinking, "Yes! LJG, give me that heart-wrenching feel!" but it did not give me that feeling at all. I even had a box of tissue beside me and turns out I only used one sheet of it! LOL Sigh...

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Sharine Phinisia said:

What do you mean he left? i thoùght they are going to watch it together? :blink:

he knew the ending, which meant ljg knew he was gonna be treated like trash after the drama ends.  SO HE RAN OUT FAST.

• Like 12

This is the first time i don't feel like downloading any version. I feel helpless. My head is spinning around. I don't think i will watch any KDrama for a long while.

MLSHR is the first kdrama i watch after 8 long years without any. My last was Boys over flower. I didn't finish it. This is the most emotion and time consuming drama after years. 

I loved the first half, i cried a river. But the second half was a bit confusing. 

I am happy i will have my life back. I have put everything else aside for this drama. Even my 6 years old son said i watched the same movie over and over again. And i didn't get to play with him. Poor him. 

Farewel to MLSHR,to WangSo, and everybody else. MLSHR will have a special place in my heart,in my life. 

Good night all.

• Like 11

LJK - he deserves an acting award for this series. Despite some parts of the storyline which is abit off ..... his acting is totally 1st Class. 

I have said this and will say it again, his face, eyes, muscles, so much emotions without words. Simply amazing and breath taking watching his acting. 

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, qwenli said:

You see THAT IS THE ISSUE OF THIS DRAMA.

I have to come to a forum, get background infor, get commentary to help me understand and get the whole picture. It was the same thing as Woohee's death.

The whole pacing and narration is just not done properly. 

I guess Koreans watched so much of their dramas, they can smell a rat from miles away. To me MLSHR has become cinderella at midnight....all you see is a pumpkin.

Yes! A viewer shouldn't have to do homework just to understand the storylines. The show should explain everything properly. 

6/10. I'd recommend this show but would tell people to stop watching right after So ascends the throne because the writing and editing turn to crap.

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, Evangeline Yang said:

Maybe Lee Joon Gi also shocked at that ending and got to run before he got target by his crying fans! SBS is sure on the hit list. Why other dramas can have a creative license that make a good ending but sbs can't!!! I really really hate sbs! They shouldn't do this project if they can't do a good editing.

i am definitely not well and I need to check myself into a mental therapy. Who is with me? :bawling:

Count me in!! Lets go hand in hand for our mental therapy after this crappy ending.

• Like 8

Spoiler
10 minutes ago, ktiminie said:

When you get Modern Ji Mong instead of Modern Wang So, big disappointment ever :phew:

rrslUH.gif

#ScarletHeartRyo #Episode20

the back and the hair,,,, what we hope for shattered into pieces by the time he turned around.

but the thing is they used LJG voice as Jimong's.. or am i the only one thinking like that...

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, lyserose said:

The only satisfying thing that I derived from this episode is that there is NO REINCARNATION of Wang So. Thank goodness. He finally did what he was supposed to do - fulfilling his destiny as a king and pave his name in history as one of Goryeo's greatest and formidable ruler. Despite the loneliness, I could care to understand that one would eventually lose something to gain something. It just so happened that my heart breaks for Wang So, that all the time, he believed that the love between him and Haesoo is so deep and true yet she came back to the future, only to have forgotten him while he endured the pain until he died. Our hero really never catch a break, from being an abandoned son, an outcasted brother, a misunderstood prince, a misrepresented king and finally, a forlorn lover. My heart goes to you, Wang So.

Above all,  Lee Joon Gi is such a stellar actor that the entire production team should bow to him in gratitude because without him, there is no way this drama could ever reached this level of success. He is truly magnificent and how I wish, that they would just ended the drama with that piercing look of Wang So exposing his scar and that haunting voiceover. It would have left me and perhaps some viewers with deeper satisfaction. That simple little scene was so haunting and that's the real testament of what a brilliant actor LJG is. The rest of my credits shall go to Kang Ha Neul who stood along with LJG, being the other ones to carry the entire drama and nothing short of spectacular from the get go.

Better luck next time Lee Joon Gi and I am hoping to see him in a contemporary drama, with even greater success including domestic success. I will take Wang So anytime, anywhere and be it in the future, there will be no Wang So for me other than Lee Joon Gi

Sorry to cut your post.

Yup. Agree with you 100000000%

Honestly I kinda okay with this open ending (well except Jimong part). I can choose the ending myself that WS will somehow find a way to meet HS in the future. I feel like watching Hollywood type of ending rather than Kdrama ending with MLSHR.

At least now I can move on.

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

I might belong to the minority , but I do like the ending  3

Overall , I am skeptical on how they will pull a modern wang so when in fact it was the Goryeo Wang So all along that made Hae Soo and Go Ha Jin uttered "Sorry" for leaving him there all alone. 

The modern wang so can't redeem himself to become the Wang So that Hae Soo have known .

Also, there could be a tendency for SHR to be compared to Splash Splash Love , and that is a KBS drama .

The production respected the novel's after all. (C-Drama have the ending of modern Yin Zhen, so I am not expecting a lot for SHR to follow the drama when the material is based on the novel)

The child arc and still born was beautifully done, at least for Hase Soo , she gave birth to a daughter, the fruit of the SoSoo love which counters the history of Queen Yeon Hwa's having a son with Gwangjong. That I will be definitely heartbroken if GJ YH consummated the marriage with an offspring and SOSOO have none?  41

As I mentioned in Twitter , the PD/JG 's saying that this is a happy ending is a rumor. I wonder who founded that.

This is a dark drama , after all.

really? it was just a hoax?????? they never hinted happy ending? BAH!

• Like 3

I think there will be no season 2. SBS are this cruel! They cheated and made a fool out of us. Do they believe that giving us a piggy back ride of a memory flash back is a happy ending? Gosh! What are they thinking about?  I would like to forget about MLSHR, i will have a heart attack just thinking about it. It will be months that I could get over with  it but i will try.  I will just focus on Jun Ki and IU, not Wang So and Haee So. 

Thank you guys for the fun. I enjoyed to be on this thread.   Just give me a shout what thread we will meet and i will be there supporting that thread. Again, thank you and God bless everybody! 

giphy.gif

• Like 7