[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Only in MLSHR that a rotten to the core, evil, repulsive, sinister person becomes Queen of Goryeo ( of Korea) - with no retribution or punishment for all her evil deeds. 

Wouldn't the descendants of her lineage (at present time) squirm with such depiction of her?

Loopholes. so lots of them.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, berny said:

Only in MLSHR that a rotten to the core, evil, repulsive, sinister person becomes Queen of Goryeo ( of Korea) - with no retribution or punishment for all her evil deeds. 

Wouldn't the descendants of her lineage (at present time) squirm with such depiction of her?

Loopholes. so lots of them.

Don't think so, as there are many royals around the world that have a black history on their chart and some of the black sheep are still mentioned over an over ... as there are good deeds they've done, too.
Exsample
Anne Boleyn got Henry the VIII so madly in love with herself, that he threw away her sister (who was his mistress) and their children, broke with the roman cathlic church to divorce his first wife and marry Anne ... there was a ot of plotting, evil deeds and egoism involved

• Like 6

Thank you for the final roll call @MadraRua and thank you so much for always doing the roll call :wub:
Can't believe we are all getting ready for the final episode, it has really been an amazing journey I'm so glad I joined this thread and was able to share this heartrenching journey with you all!!! 

Also, what a bonus to watch LJG live today, he looks so dreamy, right now I am so jealous of all the lucky fans that are there with him.  I am abusing the heart button right now on the V live app:sweatingbullets: Anyone else think he's lost more weight? or is it just his suit..

I watched the preview and my heart has really gone numb, I guess HS will die in Jung's arms which is better than being alone. But then the still of the piggyback made my heart skip a beat, I'm sure that'll be either a flashback or what HS will imagine before she passes away. :wub:

• Like 11

What I miss is that he did not release a song ... like in in Arang and the magistrate

1 minute ago, valsava said:

OK guy's the finale episode is 30 minutes away and we shall watch LJK give us a stellar performance.. He never misses in the last episode and the finale scene.. I'm sure going to hate not seeing him do anymore Sagukes.:bawling: 

• Like 4

I watch the SBS version. I watched three different versions. All the characters here are flawed. I shouldn't have taken sides not with anyone not even the OTP. If the first time I am angry with the writer, now I guess she write it that way. No one character is flaw-free not even Baek Ah. No one can get what they want here. No happily ever after, Goryeo version. The problem is the execution of the story. Right now everything happens all once that things look contradictory or doesn't make sense. 

Do you guys see Wook mastermind everything...he represents the powerful families and the powerful families are always pressuring the King. He is the one who asked Baek Ah to lead the soldiers against the slaves, because he wants to cut "the arms and legs of the King". Always remember, history is intertwined here, when Wang So rise to become the King, at that period many of powerful families/princes are vying for the throne. 

The relationship between Hae Soo and Wang So are affected by broader palace politics. Wang So has to make decisions that he doesn't want to, he was forced to make decisions with the cornering and pressure from powerful families, represented in this episode by Wook. This is essentially politicking. Their relationship and so other relationships here are intertwined with politics. Wang So too is essentially the King of Goryeo.

Thus, he play their game, see that dead hawk scene. Won is the most snake here, he didn't side with anyone. On the other hand, Hae Soo can't stand cruelty or violence no matter what, no matter all the crimes that Wook had mastermind. Hae Soo is doubtful and harsh on Wang So given his vision of the cruel and bloodied Gwangjong thus she doesn't want him to be that way. But I think what changed him into that is her. The last vision has not happened yet, it is when he becomes more cruel and very lonely. The eyeliner is the thickest lol. Wang So is obsessive of her and the people he loves. 

I didn't say anything about Jung but from this episode, the dialogue with Baek Ah. He is a selective dimwit. He hate on Wang So for sending Baek Ah but it is in fact Wang So didnt want to in the first place, but Wook and the powerful families are cornering the King for the siding with Baek Ah of Silla who has a relationship with Woo Hee of Baekje. His hatred of Wang So is blind even before. 

Baek Ah scene with Wang So is his best acting in this drama lol. Everyone in this drama is either blaming, taking on Wang So and then leaving him or cornering him. 

Wook helped both Yeonhwa and Hae Soo. He is a mastermind through and through. He confess to Hae Soo at the end that he didnt do it with purely good intentions. Hae Soo given her rose-tinted glasses, only chooses the positive, good sides of thing. That didn't know things are make of black and white, there are both good and harmful things. She didn't know or consider all the crimes of the brothers made. For her none is to be unfortunate. 

Wang So is angry after Wook confession is because Hae Soo plans to marry Wook before but she rejected him many times. She also plans to marry Jung. Thus, I think he feel betrayed. One thing he can't stand is betrayal. All the main thing that happen here like their separation occurs only blow after blow, never one incident that creates the outcome abruptly. 

And their relationship, omg they just say yes, never lie but never explain. Ugh. Another thing that is intertwined here is Hae Soo coming from a modern perspective. She like many of us can't stand cruelty, no matter what the circumstances is. I want her out of the place too. She is already suffocated there. She is not meant in the place. Thus, you can pit one against the other. It is comparing apple vs orange. 

The main point that I get from this episode is that they loved each other but they never meant to be together. Story ends. 

I am still a bit numb from the episode. I hope you guys can get what I am trying to say. My thoughts are jumbled up from the episode. 

• Like 9

Just now, itzibitzispider said:

What I miss is that he did not release a song ... like in in Arang and the magistrate

@itzibitzispider  I agree he should have released a song it would have made this drama all the more better especially as HS left the palace..

TBH I don't know if he's released any songs in the past couple of years he's been so busy with filming

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, lilac_alex said:

Just a thought after my second viewing of ep 19.

What if when HS first asked GJ to give her permission to leave the palace is simply to leave the palace and not equating to "lets break up, end this and never see each other again" She was feeling burdened from all the deaths and especially getting tugged because of politics. She just needed to be away from the rotten place. Although leaving meant they wont "live together" anymore but doesn't mean they cannot see each again. 

Now since GJ cannot allow such distance between them she resorted to accepting Jung's proposal. If you guys remember HS once said to WS on an earlier episode...something along the lines of "Is it a crime to want to live" 

She wanted to live, maybe extend her life a little, maybe occasionally see GJ instead of growing to resent him in that place where she feels to be slowly dying.

My greatest whinge from this episode is direction and writing especially the transition from "final break up" to HS leaving Damiwon" scene. The length of her devastation was too short and lacking in emotion and impact. Her smiling from relief the next day was longer in length in terms of seconds which made it appear unbalanced to me as a viewer.

I don't think that is Smile of Relief. Why?

Because immediately after she smile, she looks down (her eyes level). This is for me, the smile of someone who has been surrender. Defeated.

She try to change everything but end up failing.

• Like 8

They're reenacting the YH whipping HS scene. Hahahah the fan that was whipping, she was really into it. :w00t: I think my heart would stop if LJG holds my hand or even touches me. A back hug would just kill me on the spot. 

• Like 16