[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

@summer2017 noted for the write-up. I will find time to enrich it. All the best for you assignment!!

And noted on your input too @antoniaclamens

@enigmatic_zephy soompi is having a K-drama contest for 2016 dramas. MLSHR is shortlisted as top 4 to compete. There is a thread on main page of soompi entertainment. Sorry I don't know how to paste link here.

• Like 3

@summer2017 @ktcjdrama @antoniaclamens Good reminder. Although they only mentioned it when talking about the plot, I think it's important that we not give the ending away. The way the instructions and guidelines were written, it would seem that our overarching goal is to build up enough interest to convince someone to watch the drama.

• Like 4

Regarding criticism of MLSHR that may help our cause to address, we had some pretty interesting discussions in this thread back in December, I believe, in which a few of us came to the conclusion that MLSHR was the cult hit and gem that it was precisely because it was rough around the edges and experimental in its directing and writing choices. Had it been a smoothly polished stone, we all would have moved on to other dramas long ago. But the imperfections in timing or writing or close-ups or pacing or casting created a textured surface that spawned fanfics that are still going strong today and one of the most active Soompi forums and loyal fan bases ever. Imperfections in execution have inspired creative interaction with the work that would not have been possible or necessary were MLSHR as slick as it needed to be to be commercially successful in South Korea. We love the show because it is as realistic - in the pain and suffering and hope and determination that its characters experience - and unfinished - in its open ending - as we are.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, sublimelyheureuse said:

We love the show because it is as realistic - in the pain and suffering and hope and determination that its characters experience - and unfinished - in its open ending - as we are.

I love this sentence. The ending is realistic and painful because it is real. It is real life. I believe that is what the director is trying to portray.

@meahri_1 pls help me to edit the characters description accordingly. Thank u!

• Like 5

Wang Jung - As the youngest of the princes, he is everyone's favourite and the apple of his mother's eye. He grew up in a protected environment, and never experienced hardships or heartache. Since young, he has been secretly in love with Hae Soo and silently stayed by her side to listen to her and be her soulmate. He was selfless in his love for her, giving her more love than he received, was a pillar of support for her, bringing her comfort in her life. He never asked anything from Hae Soo, was never possessive and only wanted her to be happy. This is in stark contrast to Eun, Wook and So's love to Hae Soo where all wanted her by their side and to have a part of her belonging to them. 

@meahri_1 update for Wang Jung

• Like 4

18 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

@summer2017 noted for the write-up. I will find time to enrich it. All the best for you assignment!!

And noted on your input too @antoniaclamens

@enigmatic_zephy soompi is having a K-drama contest for 2016 dramas. MLSHR is shortlisted as top 4 to compete. There is a thread on main page of soompi entertainment. Sorry I don't know how to paste link here.

thnks.. which are the other 3 dramas? can u pm me the link

• Like 3

Plot summary: 

Go Ha Jin a 25 year old woman from the 21st century travels through time during a solar eclipse and finds herself in the body of Hae Soo, a young girl from the Goryeo dynasty nearly 1000 years ago.

Hae Soo is the cousin of Lady Hae, 8th prince Wang Wook's wife. By living in Wook's residence, Soo encounters the other princes one by one, the crafty 3rd prince Wang Yo, enigmatic 4th prince Wang So, gentlemanly 8th prince Wang Wook, kind and cheerful 10th prince Wang Eun, loyal 13th prince Baek Ah, brave and chivalrous 14th prince Wang Jung.

In a twist of fate, Soo is called into the palace and ends up as a palace lady. As Soo journeys through life in the palace, she experiences many events, that make her slowly understand what is most important to her and what she needs to protect most. She is helpless as she watches history unravel in front of her, which she tried very hard to prevent. However the harder she tried to change history, the more she found herself unable to escape from its cruel fate.

@meahri_1 sorry chingu I dunno what I'm writing here, trying very hard to give a summary that entices ppl to watch the show without revealing too much. Pls feel free to edit thanks! Will be back 24 July KST 10pm.

• Like 4

@meahri_1 and @summer2017 Below is what I can come up with from previous posts by summer2017. Sorry if I have changed too much. I tried my best to keep the original write-up by summer2017. The bolded part of Wang So, I'm a bit hesitant whether that will be too specific thus revealing some important plots. And for the plot summary, is it too one-sided on HS only? Because unlike the c-version, the k-version actually is very much about Wang So's growth journey as well. @antoniaclamens please give your comments and inputs as well.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hae Soo - In the Goryeo era she was a 16 year old young girl from a noble family, the Hae family. Her life took a turn when Go Ha Jin, a 25 year old woman from the 21st century woke up in her body after an accident. Hae Soo (or Go Ha Jin) uses a 21st century mindset to analyse issues in Goryeo hence to her some things do not make much sense, eg. unequal treatment of people due to their noble status. This led her often to be fearless and upright in her dealings with the Goryeo princes such as fighting with the 10th prince Wang Eun when he peeped at a maid changing clothes and expecting an apology from 4th prince Wang So after he stopped her from hitting Eun. She also believes in protecting what is important to her and not succumbing to fate but fight for it. This is seen when she cuts herself in order to escape from being King Taejo's bride, risking her life in the process. She was the only one able to see beyond the facial disfigurement of Wang So, treating him the same, not fearing him like the other people. This earned her Wang So’s trust, love and devotion. She did not accept that Wang So is to live in torment because of his scar, so she stepped in to help him cover his scar and in the process, unwittingly altered his fate. There are 4 men in her life who profess love to her - Wang Eun, Wang Wook, Wang So and Wang Jung. Each man played an important role in different stages of her life as she grows and gets herself used to the way things are in Goryeo.

Wang Eun - A carefree, easygoing character, he never desires the throne nor has any ambitions to be King. All he wanted was to lead a happy life. Ironically he was embroiled in the throne seizing process and met a tragic end. He is Hae Soo's first friend and Hae Soo was her happiest carefree self with him even though she never had any romantic interest for him. Hae Soo cherished their friendship deeply even until the moment he died. 

Wang Wook - He was a man burdened with family commitments since young. A calm, quiet yet calculative person, the burden of protecting his mother and sister which lay strongly on his shoulders chained him for life. He was Hae Soo's first love, but his inability to fulfil his promises to Hae Soo slowly destroyed their love as they grew apart. He was a man full of promises to Hae Soo, but eventually none was ever kept due to stronger commitment to his family. He repeatedly disappointed her on which he blamed his powerless status as he was not the king. He claimed his desire to be the king was in order to be able to protect Hae Soo but it was never really clear what his real intention was. 

Wang So - He was born with the star of a king but never desired to be king until one day he was forced by the reigning king to do something unthinkable which broke his heart but awakened a raging desire to become the king. It was a life changing moment for him as he realized he could only change the world by being on the throne. Although he was Hae Soo's second love, he became her everlasting love. He had a rough and traumatic childhood, getting scarred, despised and abandoned by his own mother Queen Yoo at a tender age. He was sent to Shinju and left to fend for himself. As compared to Wook, Wang So was fearless in his love for Hae Soo. He was a man of few words who did not make promises to Hae Soo, yet he stepped in numerous times to protect her, even to the extent of risking his life because he had decided that she was the love of his life. He tried his very best to stop her marriage to King Taejo, ingested poison served by Hae Soo to the Crown Prince which was meant to frame her, fought the guards to save her from the gallows, stood over her in the rain when she was begging the King’s to change a decision, insisted he would marry her even though she had been downgraded to a palace maid, saved her from the arrow and also insisted on taking her as queen even though she was scarred. He was a cautious man and never trusted anyone easily except Hae Soo who broke that barrier by hiding his scar through the use of cosmetics. However towards the end, it was also because of this distrust and inferiority complex that drew a rift between Hae Soo and himself. 

Wang Jung - As the youngest of the princes, he is everyone's favourite and the apple of his mother's eye. He grew up in a protected environment, and never experienced hardships or heartaches. Since young, he has been secretly in love with Hae Soo and silently stayed by her side to listen to her and be her soulmate. He was selfless in his love for her, giving her more love than he received, was a pillar of support for her, bringing her comfort in her life. He never asked anything from Hae Soo, was never possessive and only wanted her to be happy. This is in stark contrast to Eun, Wook and So's love to Hae Soo where all wanted her by their side and to have a part of her belonging to them. His love for Hae Soo was simple and steadfast, never demanding towards her but always offering her his love and care. He made himself available for her until the very end, even though he knew clearly he would never have her heart as it had been given to her only love.

Plot summary: 

Go Ha Jin a 25 year old woman from the 21st century travels through time during a solar eclipse and finds herself in the body of Hae Soo, a young girl from the Goryeo dynasty nearly 1000 years ago.

Hae Soo is the cousin of Lady Hae, 8th prince Wang Wook's wife. By living in Wook's residence, Hae Soo encounters the other princes one by one, the crafty 3rd prince Wang Yo, enigmatic 4th prince Wang So, gentlemanly 8th prince Wang Wook, kind and cheerful 10th prince Wang Eun, loyal 13th prince Baek Ah, brave and chivalrous 14th prince Wang Jung.

Through her interactions with the princes, Go Ha Jin learns to live her life in the Goryeo dynasty as Hae Soo. As Soo journeys through life in the Goryeo, she experiences both pleasant and painful events. She falls into despair, finds an everlasting love and fights for what she treasures. With her limited knowledge of history, she tries very hard to prevent horrifying events from happening but is helpless as she watches history unravels before her. She slowly understands what is most important to her and what she needs to protect most. Her relationship with Wang So is what strengthens both of them to face all the hardships and challenges in their lives, yet it is also what weighs them down in life due to circumstances beyond their control.  (I'm very unsure about this last sentence. My mind is dried up. Will come back to it if we still have time)

On 7/23/2017 at 5:24 PM, enigmatic_zephy said:

thnks.. which are the other 3 dramas? can u pm me the link

Sorry I don't know how to paste the link, thus can't pm you. The other three dramas are Doctors, W, DOTS. You can find the thread on the K-dramas movies page. It's a sticky thread that will always stay on top of the page.

• Like 5

@ktcjdrama thank u for enhancing my write up! If the part in bold is too give away then perhaps can say something general like insisted on marrying her even when the world forsaked her and even when their social status was worlds apart etc.

im back! @meahri_1 let me know what else needs to be done, and how is the info gathering so far

• Like 4

@summer2017 how about this:

He tried his best to prevent her from being the victim of all the machinations in the palace and during the fight for the throne. He made sure she was safe and unharmed even if it means he had to pay dearly whether with his privileges as prince or with his own life.

And I want to change the first sentence to this: He was born with the star of a king but never desired to be king until one day he was forced by the reigning king to do something unthinkable and against his convictions which broke his heart but awakened a raging desire to become the king.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

@summer2017 how about this:

He tried his best to prevent her from being the victim of all the machinations in the palace and during the fight for the throne. He made sure she was safe and unharmed even if it means he had to pay dearly whether with his privileges as prince or with his own life.

And I want to change the first sentence to this: He was born with the star of a king but never desired to be king until one day he was forced by the reigning king to do something unthinkable and against his convictions which broke his heart but awakened a raging desire to become the king.

Yes! It's very enthralling now u have put his desires into words.

• Like 3

Chinguduel, this is a still a work in progress, but everyone is welcome to opine or contribute.

Spoiler

About the Drama

i-2FJRxvv-S.jpg

Drama Name: Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart: Ryeo

Revised romanization:   Bobogyungsim: Ryeo

Hangul:  보보경심: 려

i-hB3NWj9-S.jpg

Genre: Historical (sageuk), Melodrama, Fantasy Romance

Setting: Place / Time

Place: Begins in modern day South Korea and shifts to Ancient Goreyo

The ancient capital of Goryeo was called Songdo or what is now known as Gaeseong. Present day Gaeseong is a city in North Hwanghae Province in the southern part of North Korea, which served as the capital of Korea during the Taebong kingdom and subsequent Goryeo dynasty. The city is near the Kaesong Industrial Region close to the border with South Korea and contains the remains of the Manwoldae palace, which was the official royal palace of the Goryeo Dynasty.

Time: The drama begins in 2016 and shifts to the Goryeo Dynasty (918-1392), beginning in the late years of original founder King Taejo’s (formerly Wang Geon) life and reign (approximately 942-943) through the end of King Gwangjong’s (Wang So) reign in 975, back to 2016.

Main Cast:

i-XTdJhvb-S.jpgi-mdvx8sJ-S.jpgi-vH77KMz-S.jpgi-LFDnFRD-S.jpg

• Lee Joon-gi ~ 4th Prince Wang So
  • Lee Ji-eun (IU) ~ Go Ha-jin / Hae Soo
  • Kang Ha-neul ~ 8th Prince Wang Wook
  • Hong Jong-hyun ~ 3rd Prince Wang Yo

Supporting Cast:

i-6RNXJsw-S.jpgi-GsfFwsP-S.jpgi-6CC7xh2-S.jpgi-s8Jf6tC-S.jpgi-bBcCDhx-S.jpgi-DP3CtXT-S.jpgi-QGQ9qsf-S.jpgi-pnC54s4-S.jpgi-6wHq5dC-S.jpgi-k83qF5r-S.jpgi-mfZHM6P-S.jpgi-ZdTbNCH-S.jpgi-Z26hCJw-S.jpgi-z4j5Hnx-S.jpgi-SNvChxp-S.jpgi-LKXVJT7-S.jpgattends the press conference of KBS Drama "Healer" at the Raum on December 4, 2014 in Seoul, South Korea.i-prtS4kj-S.jpgi-HTw8mNH-S.jpgi-q6GQPN5-S.jpgi-WwrHFW2-S.jpg

• Jo Min-ki ~ King Taejo (founder of the Goryeo dynasty)
  • Park Ji-young ~ Empress Dowager Yoo (Taejo's 3rd Queen, mother of princes 3, 4 and 14)
  • Jung Kyung-soon ~ Empress Hwangbo (Taejo's 4th Queen, mother of 8th prince and Yeon-hwa)
  • Kang Han-na ~ Hwangbo Yeon-hwa (8th prince's younger sister)
  • Kim San-ho ~ Crown Prince Wang Mu
  • Yoon Sun-woo ~ 9th Prince Wang Won
  • Byun Baek-hyun ~ 10th Prince Wang Eun
  • Nam Joo-hyuk ~ 13th Prince Baek-ah
  • Ji Soo ~ 14th Prince Wang Jung
  • Park Si-eun ~ Lady Hae (8th prince's wife and Hae Soo's cousin)
  • Z.Hera ~ Park Soon-deok (General Park Soo-kyung's daughter)
  • Kim Sung-kyun ~ Choi Ji-mong (the king's astronomer)
  • Seohyun ~ Woo-hee (gisaeng and last princess of Later Baekje)
  • Jin Ki-joo ~ Chae-ryung (Hae Soo's maid and friend)
  • Sung Dong-il ~ General Park Soo-kyung (Soon-duk's father and 4th prince's right-hand man)
  • Park Jung-hak ~ Wang Sik-ryeom (the king's cousin)
  • Woo Hee-jin ~ Court Lady Oh Soo-yeon (head of the Damiwon Palace)
  • Choi Byung-mo ~ Park Young-gyu (Woo-hee's uncle and the foreign minister)
  • Kim Kang-il ~ Wang Gyu (10th Prince Wang Eun's maternal grandfather)
  • Jang Seo-hee ~ Kyeonghwa (Crown Prince Wang Mu's daughter)
  • Seo Ga-eun ~ Seol

Spoiler

i-9DFJ6J3-S.jpgi-7pKwBbh-S.jpgi-7v7z5BJ-S.jpg

Plot: "So tell me about the drama"

Go Ha Jin, a young woman from the 21st century travels back through time nearly 1000 years during a solar eclipse and finds herself in the body of Hae Soo, a young girl living among royalty in the Goryeo dynasty.

Taken in by her cousin, the wife of Goryeo's 8th prince -- Wang Wook, Ha Jin as Hae Soo, subsequently meets and gets to know each of the other princes.  Her most memorable encounters, however, are with 4th prince, Wang So, an outcast among his family and a figure feared by the general populace. The young prince, scarred both inside and out, gradually becomes attached to Hae Soo, who is unafraid of  his disfigured face and his rough countenance. 

Eight prince Wook, also finds himself enamored by Hae Soo's outspoken and independent character, and Hae Soo, feeling adrift in ancient Goryeo, finds an anchor in Wook and turns to him, casting a blind eye to her cousin's deep love for her husband, and Wang So's growing feelings for her.

Through her interactions with the princes and learning first hand the harsh machinations within the walls of the royal palace, Go Ha Jin finally adjusts to her life in Goryeo as Hae Soo.  Navigating the best she can, her experiences are a mix of both pleasant and painful events, though more concentrated on the painful side, thus leading her to conclude that her primary goal in Goryeo is simply to survive. She eventually realizes it's a trait she shares with Wang So and that their relationship is a source of strength for them both.

Hae Soo soon finds herself in the midst of a battle for the throne. As brother is pitted against brother, it is difficult for her to watch the same princes she had grown up with, and others she has grown fond of, become ensnared in the fight to become king. Armed with her limited knowledge of Goryeo history, but deeply disturbed by the ruthless and merciless ruler that she knows  4th prince will eventually become, she vows to do what she can to keep the brothers alive and to stop the bloodshed. Does she succeed in keeping history from unraveling before her? 

Equal parts love triangle and political intrigue, at the heart of Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo, you'll find the usual story of boy meets girl, boy and girl hate each other, boy and girl eventually fall in love, but life (and specific characters within the drama) seem to conspire to keep the lovers apart.  So who wins the throne and who wins the girl? Read on, or better yet, watch the drama. :D

Spoiler

i-K5TWmfR-S.jpgi-G8Q2zQs-S.jpgi-PWm8CCg-S.jpgi-FWpCz87-S.jpg

Acting :ph34r: Directing B) Writing

Acting:

• Like 3

Ok first i have to say this week might be the worst ever for me! i really don´t know if i can join the discussion much or at all, but i will try my best because i love this drama dearly and i need to see it winning the conquest (because the drama and you deserve it) i truly aprecciate your efforts and i'm so thankful for having you working in this project (shame on me for not contributing!) that said i will comment now about your posts:

On 24/7/2017 at 5:45 AM, ktcjdrama said:

@meahri_1 and @summer2017 Below is what I can come up with from previous posts by summer2017. Sorry if I have changed too much. I tried my best to keep the original write-up by summer2017. The bolded part of Wang So, I'm a bit hesitant whether that will be too specific thus revealing some important plots. And for the plot summary, is it too one-sided on HS only? Because unlike the c-version, the k-version actually is very much about Wang So's growth journey as well. @antoniaclamens please give your comments and inputs as well.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hae Soo - In the Goryeo era she was a 16 year old young girl from a noble family, the Hae family. Her life took a turn when Go Ha Jin, a 25 year old woman from the 21st century woke up in her body after an accident. Hae Soo (or Go Ha Jin) uses a 21st century mindset to analyse issues in Goryeo hence to her some things do not make much sense, eg. unequal treatment of people due to their noble status. This led her often to be fearless and upright in her dealings with the Goryeo princes such as fighting with the 10th prince Wang Eun when he peeped at a maid changing clothes and expecting an apology from 4th prince Wang So after he stopped her from hitting Eun. She also believes in protecting what is important to her and not succumbing to fate but fight for it. This is seen when she cuts herself in order to escape from being King Taejo's bride, risking her life in the process. She was the only one able to see beyond the facial disfigurement of Wang So, treating him the same, not fearing him like the other people. This earned her Wang So’s trust, love and devotion. She did not accept that Wang So is to live in torment because of his scar, so she stepped in to help him cover his scar and in the process, unwittingly altered his fate. There are 4 men in her life who profess love to her - Wang Eun, Wang Wook, Wang So and Wang Jung. Each man played an important role in different stages of her life as she grows and gets herself used to the way things are in Goryeo.

Wang Eun - A carefree, easygoing character, he never desires the throne nor has any ambitions to be King. All he wanted was to lead a happy life. Ironically he was embroiled in the throne seizing process and met a tragic end. He is Hae Soo's first friend and Hae Soo was her happiest carefree self with him even though she never had any romantic interest for him. Hae Soo cherished their friendship deeply even until the moment he died. 

Wang Wook - He was a man burdened with family commitments since young. A calm, quiet yet calculative person, the burden of protecting his mother and sister which lay strongly on his shoulders chained him for life. He was Hae Soo's first love, but his inability to fulfil his promises to Hae Soo slowly destroyed their love as they grew apart. He was a man full of promises to Hae Soo, but eventually none was ever kept due to stronger commitment to his family. He repeatedly disappointed her on which he blamed his powerless status as he was not the king. He claimed his desire to be the king was in order to be able to protect Hae Soo but it was never really clear what his real intention was. 

Wang So - He was born with the star of a king but never desired to be king until one day he was forced by the reigning king to do something unthinkable which broke his heart but awakened a raging desire to become the king. It was a life changing moment for him as he realized he could only change the world by being on the throne. Although he was Hae Soo's second love, he became her everlasting love. He had a rough and traumatic childhood, getting scarred, despised and abandoned by his own mother Queen Yoo at a tender age. He was sent to Shinju and left to fend for himself. As compared to Wook, Wang So was fearless in his love for Hae Soo. He was a man of few words who did not make promises to Hae Soo, yet he stepped in numerous times to protect her, even to the extent of risking his life because he had decided that she was the love of his life. He tried his very best to stop her marriage to King Taejo, ingested poison served by Hae Soo to the Crown Prince which was meant to frame her, fought the guards to save her from the gallows, stood over her in the rain when she was begging the King’s to change a decision, insisted he would marry her even though she had been downgraded to a palace maid, saved her from the arrow and also insisted on taking her as queen even though she was scarred. He was a cautious man and never trusted anyone easily except Hae Soo who broke that barrier by hiding his scar through the use of cosmetics. However towards the end, it was also because of this distrust and inferiority complex that drew a rift between Hae Soo and himself. 

Wang Jung - As the youngest of the princes, he is everyone's favourite and the apple of his mother's eye. He grew up in a protected environment, and never experienced hardships or heartaches. Since young, he has been secretly in love with Hae Soo and silently stayed by her side to listen to her and be her soulmate. He was selfless in his love for her, giving her more love than he received, was a pillar of support for her, bringing her comfort in her life. He never asked anything from Hae Soo, was never possessive and only wanted her to be happy. This is in stark contrast to Eun, Wook and So's love to Hae Soo where all wanted her by their side and to have a part of her belonging to them. His love for Hae Soo was simple and steadfast, never demanding towards her but always offering her his love and care. He made himself available for her until the very end, even though he knew clearly he would never have her heart as it had been given to her only love.

Plot summary: 

Hae Soo is the cousin of Lady Hae, 8th prince Wang Wook's wife. By living in Wook's residence, Hae Soo encounters the other princes one by one, the crafty 3rd prince Wang Yo, enigmatic 4th prince Wang So, gentlemanly 8th prince Wang Wook, kind and cheerful 10th prince Wang Eun, loyal 13th prince Baek Ah, brave and chivalrous 14th prince Wang Jung.

Through her interactions with the princes, Go Ha Jin learns to live her life in the Goryeo dynasty as Hae Soo. As Soo journeys through life in the Goryeo, she experiences both pleasant and painful events. She falls into despair, finds an everlasting love and fights for what she treasures. With her limited knowledge of history, she tries very hard to prevent horrifying events from happening but is helpless as she watches history unravels before her. She slowly understands what is most important to her and what she needs to protect most. Her relationship with Wang So is what strengthens both of them to face all the hardships and challenges in their lives, yet it is also what weighs them down in life due to circumstances beyond their control.  (I'm very unsure about this last sentence. My mind is dried up. Will come back to it if we still have time)

Sorry I don't know how to paste the link, thus can't pm you. The other three dramas are Doctors, W, DOTS. You can find the thread on the K-dramas movies page. It's a sticky thread that will always stay on top of the page.

In green the things i found too spoilery so i think it better to erase

In orange what i found not too spoilery but i think must be shortened or erased

The sentence in blue i because i can´t fully agree, I don´t think he loved HS more, i just think HS loved him in a different way than he did. BTW i must admit i never liked Jung (in fact i hated him until the very end, though i love Ji Soo, so no offense to the actor intended) so i found his character description very flattery. to me he was inmature, selfish, and his hate and actions toward So unfair. Sorry i can´t like him!!!

About the plot summary i find it very Hae Soo oriented. How many times we commented and discussed here that this drama is not a love story but a game of thrones?. And as much as i despise Won i think he must be included, because you named every other prince. Oh and i forgot!!! you must mention Crown Prince Moo. He has a kind relationship with Soo

1 hour ago, meahri_1 said:

Hide contents

About the Drama

i-2FJRxvv-S.jpg

Drama Name: Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart: Ryeo

Revised romanization:   Bobogyungsim: Ryeo

Hangul:  보보경심: 려

i-hB3NWj9-S.jpg

Genre: Historical (sageuk), Melodrama, Fantasy Romance

Setting: Place / Time

Place: Begins in modern day South Korea and shifts to Ancient Goreyo

The ancient capital of Goryeo was called Songdo or what is now known as Gaeseong. Present day Gaeseong is a city in North Hwanghae Province in the southern part of North Korea, which served as the capital of Korea during the Taebong kingdom and subsequent Goryeo dynasty. The city is near the Kaesong Industrial Region close to the border with South Korea and contains the remains of the Manwoldae palace, which was the official royal palace of the Goryeo Dynasty.

Time: The drama begins in 2016 and shifts to the Goryeo Dynasty (918-1392), beginning in the late years of original founder King Taejo’s (formerly Wang Geon) life and reign (approximately 942-943) through the end of King Gwangjong’s (Wang So) reign in 975, back to 2016.

i-XTdJhvb-S.jpgi-mdvx8sJ-S.jpgi-vH77KMz-S.jpgi-LFDnFRD-S.jpg

Main Cast:

1. Lee Joon-gi ~ 4th Prince Wang So
  2. Lee Ji-eun (IU) ~ Go Ha-jin / Hae Soo
  3. Kang Ha-neul ~ 8th Prince Wang Wook
  4. Hong Jong-hyun ~ 3rd Prince Wang Yo

Supporting Cast:

• Jo Min-ki ~ King Taejo (founder of the Goryeo dynasty)
  • Park Ji-young ~ Empress Dowager Yoo (Taejo's 3rd Queen, mother of princes 3, 4 and 14)
  • Jung Kyung-soon ~ Empress Hwangbo (Taejo's 4th Queen, mother of 8th prince and Yeon-hwa)
  • Kang Han-na ~ Hwangbo Yeon-hwa (8th prince's younger sister, 4th prince's wife, aka Queen Daemok)
  • Kim San-ho ~ Crown Prince Wang Mu
  • Yoon Sun-woo ~ 9th Prince Wang Won
  • Byun Baek-hyun ~ 10th Prince Wang Eun
  • Nam Joo-hyuk ~ 13th Prince Baek-ah
  • Ji Soo ~ 14th Prince Wang Jung
  • Park Si-eun ~ Lady Hae (8th prince's wife and Hae Soo's cousin)
  • Z.Hera ~ Park Soon-deok (General Park Soo-kyung's daughter and 10th prince's wife)
  • Kim Sung-kyun ~ Choi Ji-mong (the king's astronomer)
  • Seohyun ~ Woo-hee (gisaeng and last princess of Later Baekje)
  • Jin Ki-joo ~ Chae-ryung (Hae Soo's maid and friend)
  • Sung Dong-il ~ General Park Soo-kyung (Soon-duk's father and 4th prince's right-hand man)
  • Park Jung-hak ~ Wang Sik-ryeom (the king's cousin)
  • Woo Hee-jin ~ Court Lady Oh Soo-yeon (head of the Damiwon Palace and King Taejo’s long-time love)
  • Choi Byung-mo ~ Park Young-gyu (Woo-hee's uncle and the foreign minister)
  • Kim Kang-il ~ Wang Gyu (10th Prince Wang Eun's maternal grandfather)
  • Jang Seo-hee ~ Kyeonghwa (Crown Prince Wang Mu's daughter, 4th prince's second wife)
  • Seo Ga-eun ~ Seol (Hae Soo and Wang So's daughter)

In green what i find too spoiler and think it would be better to erase

i don´t think Yo must be in the main cast. i think he's a supporting character

is there a particular order for the supporting cast? if not i  think it would be better to use alphabetical order

• Like 3

2 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

Ok first i have to say this week might be the worst ever for me! i really don´t know if i can join the discussion much or at all, but i will try my best because i love this drama dearly and i need to see it winning the conquest (because the drama and you deserve it) i truly aprecciate your efforts and i'm so thankful for having you working in this project (shame on me for not contributing!) that said i will comment now about your posts:

In green the things i found too spoilery so i think it better to erase

In orange what i found not too spoilery but i think must be shortened or erased

The sentence in blue i because i can´t fully agree, I don´t think he loved HS more, i just think HS loved him in a different way than he did. BTW i must admit i never liked Jung (in fact i hated him until the very end, though i love Ji Soo, so no offense to the actor intended) so i found his character description very flattery. to me he was inmature, selfish, and his hate and actions toward So unfair. Sorry i can´t like him!!!

About the plot summary i find it very Hae Soo oriented. How many times we commented and discussed here that this drama is not a love story but a game of thrones?. And as much as i despise Won i think he must be included, because you named every other prince. Oh and i forgot!!! you must mention Crown Prince Moo. He has a kind relationship with Soo

In green what i find too spoiler and think it would be better to erase

i don´t think Yo must be in the main cast. i think he's a supporting character

is there a particular order for the supporting cast? if not i  think it would be better to use alphabetical order

Chingu, agree regarding the highlights in green. I will amend. Regarding order of cast, they are listed in an order that speaks to the weight or importance of the character. For now, If you look at it from that perspective, it makes sense.

• Like 2

Agree that Yo should not be in the main cast. for supporting cast I thought Ji Mong was quite important. For the plot summary let me think how best to add in the games of throne. I didn't include Baek Ah too in characters so do u need me to do write up of Baek Ah, Moo and Won too?

i tot we should bring in the msg of sacrifice in the drama message, what do u think?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, summer2017 said:

Agree that Yo should not be in the main cast. for supporting cast I thought Ji Mong was quite important. For the plot summary let me think how best to add in the games of throne. I didn't include Baek Ah too in characters so do u need me to do write up of Baek Ah, Moo and Won too?

i tot we should bring in the msg of sacrifice in the drama message, what do u think?

A theme that resonated often and more powerfully throughout the drama was not so much the sacrifice, but the idea of being thrown away, or expendable...without worth. But if you did want to include sacrifice, it was more about sacrificing others in order to get ahead.  Here, though, were the 'throw away' scenarios:

Ha Jin was thrown away and considered expendable by her 21st century boyfriend and best friend.

Wang So, was thrown away and considered expendable by his mother.

Lady Oh, while loved by King Taejo, was still thrown away and ultimately considered expendable by Taejo.

Hae Soo, while loved by Wook, was thrown away, albeit a passive/aggressive way, by him -- failing to save her from the gallows,turning away from her in jealousy when she was in prison (when she inquired about Wang So), and then walking away from her in the rain, when she was pleading for Lady Oh's life.

Yo, threw away the lives of his brothers, Mu, Eun, Soon-duk, and attempted to do the same to Hae Soo, Wang So and others.

• Like 2