[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, wenlhy said:

1. So did Hae Soo actually change the history?? according to last scene, Gwang Jeong painting written he was a wise king (if i'm not wrong) instead of bloody king that Hae Soo's vision appear before. So does it mean that Gwang Jeong supposed to be a bloody king, and Hae Soo changed it?

2. Why the Ji Mong from episode 1 and last episode was different?? on ep 1 Ji Mong was like a homeless man, while it changes at the final. Is Hae Soo actually didn't return to her "present time" but actually return to another parallel/timeline where the history was different?

This is my speculation about Ji Mong:

Ji Mong's soul came from the future into a little boy who died in Goryeo, the history he knew was that the 4th prince became king after the CP,  but something went wrong, when as an advisor he suggested to Taejo, after Queen Yoo's first son died, that he should marry to prevent bloodshed in the South. JM didn't expect Queen Yoo's reaction and hence the 4th prince was scarred, and thus changed the prince's destiny, which led to his being a homeless person in the future and Go Ha Jin's knowledge of Gwangjong as a bloody monarch in history. Remember JM at the end said that there are no coincidences, everything returns to its proper place, hence his meeting at the lake with GHJ and the eclipse takes her back to Goryeo to correct history.  JM doesn't know how GHJ would affect the past which is why he told her to go with the flow and be careful what she says in the palace, and of course she made the mistake of telling Wook to be careful of So which set off a domino effect leading to Yo's reign and bloodshed (not in JM's knowledge of history, so a deviation again).  However, she does return WS to his intended destiny as king and one of the greater kings in Goryeon history and thus the history became the one we know of today as being the one that was destined.

I hope this helps but there may be no definitive answer, only the writer knows. Sorry about my long sentences, I am still suffering from MLSHR withdrawal and want to get all my thoughts out.

• Like 17

47 minutes ago, ShaiKeun said:

Help me  eclipsers. I am going crazy here. I cannot get out the picture k_hannah posted from my mind.  Kekeke! MLSHR has ended  but seeing that picture gave me a hate feeling towards So.  How could he do it to another girl if he loves  Soo so much? MEN! 

Think of it from his POV. He didn't betray Soo in his heart but prostituted himself for the sake of the nation :P

• Like 17

I cried a lot watching the ending, and this sentenced keep playing in my mind "That is how the palace works" which I don't remember comes in what episode.

The palace look beautiful and nice but it is actually a lonely place. Feel pity to the King (Gwangjeong).

Why all historical drama will ended like this. Remember Rooftop Prince, the king not getting Park Ha, meanwhile Web Drama Splash Splash Love the king also not getting the girl. There are doing the same to Moon Lovers. Really hate it. Please do a sequel, at least Wang So meet Go Ha Jin in future or just a special episode also will do.. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, zi4r said:

And @kdramawriter, I squealed when I saw that you've updated your story on AO3. Then squealed some more when I saw the additional words "Book I" in the title. So happy that you're making it into an epic, chingu. It's so well-written, I'm glad you're gonna give it the scope & length it truly deserves. Thank you for giving us something to latch onto after the end of the drama. You're awesome.

Omo, thank you so much! Such kind words!! :flushed:

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, ShaiKeun said:

Help me  eclipsers. I am going crazy here. I cannot get out the picture k_hannah posted from my mind.  Kekeke! MLSHR has ended  but seeing that picture gave me a hate feeling towards So.  How could he do it to another girl if he loves  Soo so much? MEN! 

As much as I understand your dismay we have to be realistic as well. We need to judge the matter from his point of view. He grew up in a very different world from ours where making sure the bloodline continued was just as important as political marriage. For him as a noble from the royal family and later as a king he never had the freedom to choose is partner in marriage. First he had to abide to the decisions of the former kings. Then when he eventually inherited the throne (thinking it would bring him a freedom of choice) he had to realize that he still had to rely on the powerful families. After all, he was the king and had the burden of protecting a whole nation on his shoulders.

Producing an heir was a task of a king's work. There was definitely nothing romantic or emotional about it for him.

I believe that when Hae Soo left he must have regretted his original foolishness the most. Until the very end he thought that he could marry Soo for real. The realisation of not being able to do so must have come as a devestating shock to him. After all a happy family with her had always been his dream.

I bet he must have regretted ever going for a throne a lot at that time, wishing they would have eloped to somewhere far away from the place...:mellow: 

• Like 17

23 minutes ago, dazzylin said:

I cried a lot watching the ending, and this sentenced keep playing in my mind "That is how the palace works" which I don't remember comes in what episode.

The palace look beautiful and nice but it is actually a lonely place. Feel pity to the King (Gwangjeong).

Why all historical drama will ended like this. Remember Rooftop Prince, the king not getting Park Ha, meanwhile Web Drama Splash Splash Love the king also not getting the girl. There are doing the same to Moon Lovers. Really hate it. Please do a sequel, at least Wang So meet Go Ha Jin in future or just a special episode also will do.. 

I haven't seen Rooftop Prince, but in Splash Splash Love the girl meets the King's reincarnation. I don't remember if he has his past memories though.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, IAmSoulReader said:

As much as I understand your dismay we have to be realistic as well. We need to judge the matter from his point of view. He grew up in a very different world from ours where making sure the bloodline continued was just as important as political marriage. For him as a noble from the royal family and later as a king he never had the freedom to choose is partner in marriage. First he had to abide to the decisions of the former kings. Then when he eventually inherited the throne (thinking it would bring him a freedom of choice) he had to realize that he still had to rely on the powerful families. After all, he was the king and had the burden of protecting a whole nation on his shoulders.

Producing an heir was a task of a king's work. There was definitely nothing romantic or emotional about it for him.

I believe that when Hae Soo left he must have regretted his original foolishness the most. Until the very end he thought that he could marry Soo for real. The realisation of not being able to do so must have come as a devestating shock to him. After all a happy family with her had always been his dream.

I bet he must have regretted ever going for a throne a lot at that time, wishing they would have eloped to somewhere far away from the place...:mellow: 

But that whole "CONSUMATION" is illogical and it makes absolutely no narrative sense whatsover. It ruins So's whole character development . THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REACTION FROM WS AFTERWARDS! WS has had always strong reactions because he feels so much and cares so much, even after he killed those monks he suffered from guilt, after he learned about BA leaving his side,…BUT NOW THERE IS NOTHING. Remember how guilty and unhappy he was WHEN HE MARRIED MOO’S DAUGHTER?! THIS IS A MAN WHO FELT GUILTY AND WAS READY TO LET HS GO BECAUSE HE WAS FORCED TO MARRY A CHILD! And he only sent her to nunnery and now WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE THAT AFTER “CHEATING” ON HS HE WOULDN’t SUFFER FROM ANY GUILT?! That he wouldn’t let her go?! After everything we’ve seen in those 18 previous episodes, how are the viewers supposed to believe he would actualy do this to HS when he promised to be only hers, when he promised her she is his only queen?! That’s the reason why I absolutely do not accept that there was any kind of consumation between them. HOW ELSE DO YOU EXPLAIN 4+ years WITHOUT A CHILD (it’s 951 now, and their son was born in November 955). Finally, there have been so many wolf parallels, one of them being that a wold remains loyal to one mate until death (which is what Yo told to So after Moo's death). Actually, the truth is that wolves find new mates after their mates die.The writer had it all set up so why not to exploit this strange occurance. Because if they did consummate the marriage combined with WS’s lack of any reaction - THIS SCENE HAS JUST SINGLEHANDEDLY DESTROYED WS’S CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. With this scen the writer would undermine everything she undermined herself, losing all credibility.

BAILBAW.jpg

• Like 21

The people that participated in the other fan support project seems to be mad (in their twitter comments) about the Naver Article. The article said the support project was for Lee Joon Gi and that he is the reason the show is loved internationally. Geez, bad journalism.  I saw that fansupport video and they were supporting the whole cast and drama. Obviously, LJG is the most favorite character and is understandable. His performance was really good but the other actors also had good performances, is unfair what the journalist wrote. :confused: Anyways, aside the bad journalism, the cast probably saw that video and in their hearts they know the thruth. :) 

Spoiler

TRANSLATION:

Spoiler

• Like 17

9 minutes ago, briseis said:

But that whole "CONSUMATION" is illogical and it makes absolutely no narrative sense whatsover. It ruins So's whole character development . THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REACTION FROM WS AFTERWARDS! WS has had always strong reactions because he feels so much and cares so much, even after he killed those monks he suffered from guilt, after he learned about BA leaving his side,…BUT NOW THERE IS NOTHING. Remember how guilty and unhappy he was WHEN HE MARRIED MOO’S DAUGHTER?! THIS IS A MAN WHO FELT GUILTY AND WAS READY TO LET HS GO BECAUSE HE WAS FORCED TO MARRY A CHILD! And he only sent her to nunnery and now WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE THAT AFTER “CHEATING” ON HS HE WOULDN’t SUFFER FROM ANY GUILT?! That he wouldn’t let her go?! After everything we’ve seen in those 18 previous episodes, how are the viewers supposed to believe he would actualy do this to HS when he promised to be only hers, when he promised her she is his only queen?! That’s the reason why I absolutely do not accept that there was any kind of consumation between them. HOW ELSE DO YOU EXPLAIN 4+ years WITHOUT A CHILD (it’s 951 now, and their son was born in November 955). Finally, there have been so many wolf parallels, one of them being that a wold remains loyal to one mate until death (which is what Yo told to So after Moo's death). Actually, the truth is that wolves find new mates after their mates die.The writer had it all set up so why not to exploit this strange occurance. Because if they did consummate the marriage combined with WS’s lack of any reaction - THIS SCENE HAS JUST SINGLEHANDEDLY DESTROYED WS’S CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. With this scen the writer would undermine everything she undermined herself, losing all credibility.

What episode was this scene from? I was under the impression the consummation between these two was way after Soo died.  So met his Soo's daughter and then they brought up the son's birthday.  I'm assuming since his daughter is around 6 years old, it fits the timeline for the son to be born. No other children were spoken about So I'm again assuming they have yet to have any other children and the son is much much younger then Soo's daughter?  Therefore, the deed was done much much later after Soo passed.  

This is my story and I'm sticking to it!  

• Like 15

I finally watched episode 20. I cried a lot. I PRETEND the extra FINAL. Come on! The meeting in the future is logical, they can't do this to us!  It would be the fulfillment of Wang So's promise. I don't find it a cheesy ending at all. Sorry if I am repetitive :( it's just I can't get over MLSHR. It's so beautiful, the scenes are so beautiful :bawling: :bawling::bawling: 

• Like 14