[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

UGH<_< So disappointed. WTF did I just watched?! I mean OK I knew it was messy from the start but at least it was actually enjoyable...then. It's like post ep. 13-14, this show took a very deep dive down and just never picked itself back up 'gain:rolleyes: IDK why but I just didn't find the emotional scenes in the finalé as heart-wrenching as say Court Lady Oh's death - nothing has topped that IMO. While it was sweet of Jung to rescue Haesoo their relationship was platonic, one-sided, felt like they were siblings; didn't feel anythin' for their pairing at all. I can say the same for Baekah-Woohee too. 

Sad that even at the end, Wang So didn't acknowledge his daughter. Glad he let Jung continue to raise her 'cause poor guy he didn't even get to keep Haesoo's ashes:P *sigh* Oh well.. this drama really belongs to Lee Joongi and him alone. He's so seriously underappreciated and underrated as an actor. Better luck next time eh Joongi-ah~?? Still can't hate on Wang Wook (thanks to Haneul who's just a ray of sunshine:D) That's it for now, take care everyone. It was a turbulent ride but fun. Ciao! 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, mitheone said:

JM also explained to modern day HS that her family name 'Go' in Goryeo time is 'Hae'. If I'm not mistaken he also said something about nothing is a coincidence and that fate or destiny has a way of completing its cycle.  I will wait for the Eng sub tomorrow to confirm this statement and with that statement alone, I would like to believe that the ending is not that bad.  It's not great but it's not s*****y either. We get that WS is a very determined character and he wouldn't let HS go if he gets things done his way.  Now that he knows that HS has always loved him, he's more determined than ever to find her and the eclipse is a foreshadow of his imminent time travel.  This type of open-ending opens the floodgate for any interpretation of what could have or would have happened in future and

omg omg -- I'M WITH YOU ON THIS!!! you know, i was getting dishearten as i read each live recap early this morning..because we didnt get the happily ever after ending that we ALL wanted. **side note: i havent watched the RAW or the subbed final episode as of yet.** I really did want Haesoo and Soo to meet in the future (just like the c-version drama) but still "that" ending wasn't satisfying for me too because he walked away with no recognition of her. I'm VERY HAPPY that they had a child together (we were all rooting for that - :P to you HAEWHA - fist in the air). Still, the loneliness that So had to go through at the end when Haesoo died and everyone leaving him . . . . I wanna give him a BIG HUG. (tears)

But like what Mitheone said - it does open for interpertation on how it really ended and it gave me a hope when So said "i will find you." Let your imagination go wild on this. Come on, Eclipses. We watched from episode 1-20 for a reason = to ship our main couple, Soo-So. <3. 

I really do believe this: 

I'm in the opinion that they will indeed meet and HS will fulfil her promise to really really love WS if they happen to meet at a different world, time and place.  I will hang on to that thin thread just to maintain my Kdrama-life-sanity. 

Edited by babsgrrl
  • Like 8

40 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

It's not SBS. It's the director. It's all the director's fault. He's the one that took his sweet time shooting the first 6 episodes in 3 months and then shooting the remaining 14 eps in mere 2 months, changing things in order (the actress of Chae Ryung said in an interview that the actors themselves were confused because the episodes were so different from what they had shot. HS and CR scene by the stone pile in ep 18 was originally in ep 15), not letting the main cast sleep at all towards the end... He's the one that hired an inexperienced writer whose word choices are atrocious in Korean and put off usual sageuk viewers early on... (and continued to do so towards the end for the remaining fans)... And now Korean fans are mad that they dared to show up at the party and are still smiling and all. GRRRRRH.

well, doing 14 ep for 2mos, the actors still made an amazing job....t do not have any complaints in acting department... but editing, writing... ugh... well if i may add the language, but thankfully i cannot understand Korean....

• Like 13

24 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

Unfortunately, no. There is political turmoil in South Korea right now and that pretty much put everything on halt for major productions... the director had been avoiding our contact saying he was too tired, but the last 3 eps didn't show much reediting, so we know he was just lying... 

Thanks for the update ( and your hard work in this matter)! If you need our help in something just let us know. I'm sure the majority of the people will gladly help :D

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

The consistent difference between the original (international) version and the reedited (SBS) version was that the former focused more on Wook while the latter had more So/SoHae scenes. Yes, it's the director's doing. The Korean fans feel that the director didn't like LJG and the writer didn't like Hae Soo's character.

If this true, it's really broke my heart. If the director really didn't like LJK why casting him as WS. BUT IMHO THERE'S NO OTHER ACTOR THAT CAN PULL OF WS AS BRILIANT AS LJK. 

Perhaps the best medicine for eclipses is LJK awarded with DAESANG. This will be the best closure for all of us. \^o^/

• Like 13

I NEED SEASON 2!

or a special.... now! jjjajauhakHSKAJHKHKH or a fic

my heart is broken  TOT

lil' baby haeso is the cutest <3

I dunno if I cried buckets because I didnt expect that little changes from the chinese version, i'm happy with the surprises (masochist me xD)

....I liked the ending, I feel it was bittersweet

BUT I NEED MOAR

let's do a petition

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, Phuc Nguyen said:

I dont know why but this is the first time i dont feel sympathized with LJG acting in the scene when he went to Jung house to find Soo. It feels a bit over the top =.= He could potray that scene a bit less hysteric maybe :P .That is also the first time i feel touched by jung action after hating him so long for coming between our OTP.

Anyway its a sad but epic journey :) Even though the ending wont satisfy all of us including me but after a while ive come to acceptance that a happy ending is great but a soul-devastating ending like MoonLover is gonna be the one that stays in our memory for the longest time ;)

i also thought too, but if you can imagine way back episodes we are all wondering how WS would react to the death of Soo, turns out he went crazy.. i guess that is normal since they parted ways hating each other and longing for each other, only to find out that she died after a few months..

• Like 8

omo my heart i have only one thing that i like in episode 20 and this is that WS and HS child will be raise by Jung he will be really good father to her and she will be free away from palace she will live how she want and Jung love her like he is real father that is the only one good thing that happen for me

• Like 6

LMAO the meltdown in this topic is hilarious. I don't know why many of you believed in a happy ending. We are talking about KDRAMAS where 90% of the stories ends very bad and like 70% with not happy endings or open endings.

Thank God is over I love you Lee JunKi and for him I finish this drama but the final 4 episodes were a nightmare. And thank you so much to everyone in this forum I've have fun reading your comments.

• Like 15

The director once said this will be LJG must work ever. Indeed I want to believe it becahss LJG nailed it by being Wang So but like some said.. the director seem to dislike him. I now start to wonder, did the director made use of LJG to lure innocents people like us to watch this drama because sbs wanna promote products and new actors and actresses.

no doubts the acting are good but this really feel like a summaries of a book or a drama rather than the whole actual drama. Adding this to another pc of my ranting. Back to JoonU shipping!

• Like 17

1 minute ago, kokoro_ai said:

LMAO the meltdown in this topic is hilarious. I don't know why many of you believed in a happy ending. We are talking about KDRAMAS where 90% of the stories ends very bad and like 70% with not happy endings or open endings.

Thank God is over I love you Lee JunKi and for him I finish this drama but the final 4 episodes were a nightmare. And thank you so much to everyone in this forum I've have fun reading your comments.

we should not have our hopes up next time.. the endings would always not 99% satisfying in k-drama land..

1 minute ago, Evangeline Yang said:

The director once said this will be LJG must work ever. Indeed I want to believe it becahss LJG nailed it by being Wang So but like some said.. the director seem to dislike him. I now start to wonder, did the director made use of LJG to lure innocents people like us to watch this drama because sbs wanna promote products and new actors and actresses.

no doubts the acting are good but this really feel like a summaries of a book or a drama rather than the whole actual drama. Adding this to another pc of my ranting. Back to JoonU shipping!

if it is true, i don't understand the director... how could he dislike such actor?

• Like 8

Guest maniac-moon

Oh GOD... i'm in HELL... WTH????????????!!

where is my HAPPY ENDING?? where is my WS????

this is not EPIC ROMANCE...

it's just REVENGE ROMANCE

BLOODY ROMANCE

richard simmons ROMANCE

JM ROMANCE

OMG ,richard simmons JM.i hate you.get lost...why? why?

JM IS BIGGEST WINNER

and WS AND HS ARE BIGGEST LOSER FOR 1000000000000 YEARS.

I feel cheated, i can't breath...

what the hell happen to those copies she made him wrote??????

My life is over. It's disaster :tears:

:tears::tears::tears::tears:

I was expecting the sad ending as i knew the concusion of the original one but damn it hit it really hard...I felt so much sadness for Wang So,in the end being all alone,my heart cried when he saw and realized that the little girl is his and Soo's yet he let Jung raise her as her Dad,how sad can that be,the little girl being the fruit of the only women he ever loved in his entire life...I for one would have totally changed the ending scene with another one...After Wang So said that he will find her i would have made a transition somehow to the modern time were the present one would have found Ha Jin while crying and handled her a handkerchief and on the note said something like i found you,giving the couple and us a sense of hope...I usually hate reincarnation troupes but i think in this case it would have worked and would end it better than it did...In a while saw a drama were all,almost all of them end up tragically...I think Jung has the happiest ending among them all i must say...Lee Jung Gi was terrific here,hands down...Hope he will come soon again and not make us wait for him 1 year and hope for a better project...Using my mental mojo to hope that teh writer behind Signal would give him a love call to star in her next historical drama,or at least JG choose one with a happy ending!!!

Did the Dramafever end the same way guys?

• Like 7

Okay, I'm indulging (or torturing) myself to watch the last episode RAW with my limited Korean, and now I'm a blubbering mess....the first half were so sad...at least Hae Soo didn't die alone, and only then she felt the regret when she's back in the future. So was left alone...that painting in the future looked really lonely...it's just...just...so sad...So just realized how important Hae Soo is when she's gone from the palace; he should have fought for her harder and understand her better if he really wanted to keep her, and Hae Soo just realize how important So is when he's already a history; she should have not left him alone in that cold palace and also should have tried to understand/communicate with him better...their relationship was basically a whole "you never notice something until it's gone" kind of lesson...but given the circumstances in Goryeo, they are IMPOSSIBLE to be together, no matter how hard they try to make it work. They are meant to love each other, but not together...

Strangely, in this episode, I felt sadder for Jung than So-Soo, despite the dumb-ness he had done the past. From the scene with Baek Ah, it seems he never told Soo how he felt about her since he knew she's in love with So..? What...? He also raised her child since Hae Soo didn't want her daughter to know 'palace' (CMIIW)? Jung...now I feel you...

And personally I felt it's only right to not showing the future So in the end. The one that Hae Soo/Ha Jin fell in love with is Wang So, the man with traditional/'outdated' values. Future Wang So would definitely have different values, and It just wouldn't feel the same, really. But I really don't like that future Jimong vibe though...actually I don't really like Jimong in general. He's like a bystander who didn't bother help when someone is in accident unless someone asked him to.

Alright, alright, I'll end my comment here for now. I'm going to patiently wait for the sub and the international version tomorrow morning, then I would comment further.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, sosooyah19 said:

its just small drink.. and maybe it might be just wine??

i think the writer made it a surprise at the end.. the baby story was the happy ending since Su left something for So even though they are living apart.. Su left someone for everyone to cherish in their lives, just like the friendship they had with HS.

Also, it makes me think I would have loved a scene where WS sees the HS bebe and realizes that HS left him, not because she didn't love him, but because she was trying to save their child. 

*tears* *tears* *ugly crying*

• Like 11