[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

13 minutes ago, lilac_alex said:

I take back everything negative I ever said about this show.  Right now, I am just overwhelmed with all kinds of emotions like the colours of the rainbow.  But mostly, I am thankful for everyone who made this drama possible.  I truly truly loved it!  It is one of those rare dramas that pop up that just hits all the marks for me.  Thanks everyone for sharing this fulfilling experience with me.  Lets continue to discuss, share gifs and fangirl over WS (other whoever your preference may be) for as long as we can.  Hugs to everyone! :heart:

Your positivity gives me life :D *Hugs back*

9 minutes ago, ziggy123 said:

i wouldnt have complained just one glimpse of modern wang so is all i wanted and i would have gone to sleep with good thoughts.

Neither I, but people were already complaining that just seeing them in the future wouldn't be enough, so either way, there would be complainings and hate. In the end, the biggest problem of Moon Lovers was time... we didn't have time for everything we wanted. 

8 minutes ago, plutoy said:

I feel maybe if we hadn't known about the chinese version's ending that we'd maybe feel happier about this ending,,,idk...im still in tears

P.S. what the heck happened to their daughter? What was the point of her having a daughter?? I'm just so lost

I guess it was to let So know there is a proof of their love alive and well... I found the baby plot very sweet :)

5 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

When the drama was announced I remember they said "20 episodes + 1 special". Can we have hope that that special is one after the drama ended not the one of BTS and history guy? 

We NEED a special more than anything else now. I'm not mad at how the drama ended, but I still wanna see them in the future ( hopefully a full hour of it)

Also, this ending gave me strong vibes that they did plan for a season 2,  HS hair change, new Ji Mong, she wake up in her bed and not in the lake... it seems like even her future was changed....  but with the low ratings in Korea it  won't happen and maybe that's why they omitted Future!Wang So? To not give people hope for a season 2...?

• Like 15

4 hours ago, siobhanne said:

It's supposed to be symbolic - she dies in front of the sign that tells of the unification of the three peoples - she dies for the unification. That sign is her speech. I agree that it would be clearer if there were an actual speech, sadly females aren't given as many chances to get the spotlight and I'm actually not convinced if this actress could pull it off.

Marrying her would just weaken WS, that makes no sense.

The symbolic meaning was lost on me as I am not familiar with their history. Since this is a Korean drama albeit INTERNATIONAL version, it is my bad.

To not have a speech because of actress' acting power or because of the gender of the character being female, if one of that is indeed the reason, is just too incredulously for me :D

Since the purpose is to unify the two countries, marriage makes sense to me as is common in Chinese history.

Thanks for taking time to reply. 

• Like 2

I know many of you are really disappointed but this is how a tragedy ends.  It is painful and beautiful at the same time.  Give it a month to get over your preconceived endings and what remains is a classic .....beautiful..... tragic..... love story....(see Shakespeare)

Anyway having said that I do think there was a bit of foreshadowing...quite a lot actually,,, why was the astronomer coming and going of his own volition..... why did he approach modern day HS?   Why did they keep alluding to the fact that if the time and place had been different for their love....I think ALL of that was foreshadowing... perhaps they anticipated  a season 2,,, but probably not now...too many complaints.....  Oh well!  I loved it beginning middle and end!  I thank everyone for their enthusiasm for this and know in another 24 hours things will calm down and there will be some beautiful posts! 

• Like 20

26 minutes ago, tinniet said:

OKAY GUYS ACTUALLY THE FUTURE WS IS HERE, HE HASN'T MET HS BUT WE KNOW HE'S BACK IN THE FUTURE. WE KNOW IT. WE'VE SEEN HIM.

IMG_2398.png

I BELIEVE HE WILL MEET HIS HS SOON.

Maybe the second season will bring us to they meeting..

21 minutes ago, Siracusa said:

WHAT? Is Joongi announcing a sequel at the fan meeting? That's the only way "I will find you" makes sense.

@Siracusa  I agree and it's also will bring LJK genere to a different change also because he did say he wanted to take on other genre..

• Like 13

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2016]Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo 달의 연인-보보경심 려 ~ \^0^/ Thank You Eclipses !

I CANT DEAL, I CANT DEAL! Did I mention I CANT FREAKING DEAL! The first half of ep 20 gave me hope and sunlight, like a the light at the end of the tunnel then the ending  just strangle me! They did not let HS meet WS in the future because they wanted to kill the idea of a part 2. It hurts so much. I'm on life support with this drama just like the idea of part 2 hanging on to dear life! 

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Tang Soon said:

If WS ended in future with HS, people will call it copy and paste of "Palace".

What do you mean with "Palace"? In the c-version of Scarlet Heart, at least they met in the future. Time travel dramas usually do that. The person from the past goes to the future and they end up together. You can't call it copy paste since many dramas do that.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, stevii said:

actually i was saying  as a comparison, OUR BEST FRIEND turnt crazy from our point of view, in  sense that they suddenly behave very weirdly that went against everything we have ever believed and learnt in this world. sorry but i think my language its confusing and it made you it misunderstood. GJ did not turn crazy, but for HS he is behaving so out of control, from her point of view. its like a children throwing tantrum and it doesn't make sense to her. why? because she growed up being loved by people.

second, HS cant smile to him because she's trying to leave him, whereas when she smiles to WW it's like she doesnt even hate him anymore. its like WW is the past and forgotten. poof.gone.not important. thats why she can smile at him (and an emotionless smile too)

lastly, If HS left him for his sake and to keep him safe, it would be like another romance IMO and there's nothing new to it. here, hae soo left because she feels like she have to safe herself. moreover, i think it's really brilliant as it very consistently depicts HS who is a modern woman and a very strongly opinionated at that.

i know. it doesnt make sense to a lot of people but apparently from what i see, the fans opinions are very divided. what i'm saying here maybe does not make sense to you, but it make sense to people who thinks the same as me ( refer to the tumblr link about HS, someone posted it a while back). :)

thankyou for discussing it with me! 

Thank you for the clarification. I will take this drama as a roller coaster ride and maybe it will be more enjoyable the second time round. :)

• Like 5

Just now, bluesunny3 said:

I RE-WROTE episode 19 to give everyone their closure.

Hae Soo leaves the palace....

Khitan invades Goryeo and just kills everyone.

The end

I love this version. Perfect happy ending :) and I'm not even the slightest bit sarcastic. I'm serious!

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, pixiebelle said:

It was implied that he married. His mother asked him to persuade his wife to pack and go let the kids (Wook's son who later became a King) go visit the palace.
Baek Ah asked if she's Wook's daughter...when Baek Ah first enter the compound (to visit Wook).
The said wife never had an appearance. 

Thanks. Amazing how he can has many children with that coughing body. :sweatingbullets:

Ahhh.. with this episode, why did I felt like my heart is so empty now? Or I have lost part of the soul in my body.

• Like 9

Which PD did the editing? Come on! I had two screens in front of me, one is the SBS version while the other is international version (I believe) and there were some scenes that swapped places, I was like...what are they doing? Why is the order different? Aish...

I don't know about the rest of you but I think I'm going crazy. The ending was totally rushed! 

• Like 10

Have we wasted our tears just now?

I thought there would be redemption for our heartbreak and tears. It's just bleak. I cried all the way half an hour. But then confused after Soo died. What next? Why there's still Goryeo?

I think they have wasted time for many unsignificant scenes. Maybe that's just me. But really, there are many things left unanswered. 

I can't cry anymore. Just NUMB.

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, zi4r said:

Jimong was utterly useless as a time traveler. He didn't do squat for WS, not really!

So the universe decides to send him to the future again, with better teeth this time?

For what? To find another innocent young girl? To send her to Joseon this time, maybe?

I don't understand the point of it all.

And everyone, EVERYONE gets a kinder fate than Wang So & Hae Soo.... even though the two of them are most innocent parties in this mess.

Wook seems fine. YH seems fine. Fracking Jung has a daughter he can hold.

What is the point of making this drama? To show that being a good person sucks????

@zi4r yup we've been cheated on goryeo style. Haha

• Like 12