[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

4 minutes ago, Sharine Phinisia said:

Exactly! the other popular drama such as Moonlight, both me and my sister found it not to be our liking, even with all those fluffy moments, cool osts and fantastic ratings. I wonder why... :cry:

We are masochist, that is why :sweatingbullets:

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, Sharine Phinisia said:

Exactly! the other popular drama such as Moonlight, both me and my sister found it not to be our liking, even with all those fluffy moments, cool osts and fantastic ratings. I wonder why... :cry:

I guess we just don't learn our lessons from previous heartbreaking, devastating but BEAUTIFUL drama that similar to this. Blamed our innocently stupid fragile heart. Teehee.:grimace: 

• Like 17

6 hours ago, Filiani Tendean said:
22 hours ago, iloveknovela said:

Well, I am supposed to be in DREAMLAND by now but I kept lurking in this forum since there is no sub yet.

But let me share few thoughts before signing off....

I am not surprised with WS I actually expected it to happen since yesterday.  Honestly, it is my wish fulfilled.:P  Perhaps, I'm kinda cruel too but I don't pity those people.  They deserve it!  They are just reaping what they have sown.  I am sick and tired of people who exploits and took advantage of other peoples, regardless of their motive.  If my anger could kill them they're already dead by now.  WS has all the right to act that way... he's been used and manipulated for many years so it's time to make an accounting and let they pay for their debt since it's long overdue.  WS is doing a good job for restraining himself while the investigation is ongoing.  There is time for everything ... next episode comes his verdict. IMHO as a King, it is the right thing to do, otherwise he will end up like a puppet King, which commonly happens during those times.  I love it that nothing intimidates WS.  GO His Majesty!  Crush those PARASITES in the palace. :angry:

HS is very consistent.... for being foolish.  She's really slow and sooooo naive.  

HS concerning CR:   I understand she's like her sister or her only friend but hello ....  what kind of friend is that? She was betrayed by a friend back home already and yet she never learns.  People who take advantage of you and betrays you is not your friend.  They're like wolves in sheep's clothing.  People who smile in your face but all the they wanted to sit in your place. Despite her hard beginning it is CR choice to take the wrong path, why would she blame WS for how she's been punished.  Knowing how she participated on killing Mu, she deserved more than that.  It just happened that WS is the King during that time.  Had she forgotten what she went through when she was accused of poisoning the CP?  HS not using her brain is a constant disappointment for me.  Perhaps WS is a little frustrated too ... he just love her so he is probably being patient with her.  Poor WS!!

HS concerning QY and Jung:  I have to take WS side there.  HS told WS that she can only comfort him but couldn't marry him.  Okay, girl.  Should that be the case, you should have comforted and tried to understand where his behavior is coming from before you act.  You are supposed to be by his side in times like that.  Why so concerned about Jung and his mother?  Are they more important than WS, who is like your better half / husband?  WS is right, her meddling could have cause another death.   Jung could have died.  Then later she will blame it on WS???  WS has all the right to be angry with her disobeying him.  She tend to forget that WS is no ordinary man anymore but the King and yet she can just do her thing without thinking of the repercussions?  Yes her motive is okay but in a relationship as couple, there are things that she can't decide on her own, she need to discuss it with him first, especially since it concerns with his family.  Most couple fight and argue with small stuff anyway.  Her action & behavior clearly indicates her lack of respect for WS or perhaps using his affection toward her to get what she wanted.  Still I don't think it is right.  In times like this, I can say that HS is not going to be a good wife for GJ, as King.  She's only good as lover... to help him ease his loneliness and relieve him from stress. :D 

WS concerning YH:  Good job WS.... she deserve to be treated that way.  I just love what the writer is doing to these people in payment for their wickedness.  I wish WS will resent her some more especially once he finds out her involvement in poisoning the CP.  She need to get a taste of her own medicine.  Nothing done in secret will remain secret.  WS will eventually find it out.

WS concerning Wook:  WS is just restraining himself about him but I think he had his long list already.  I can see how mad he is in the next episode.  I want his evil deeds exposed and severely punished.  Mu is a good brother and trusted him so much.  What he did to him is just unforgivable for me, no matter how much he wanted to sit on the throne.  Perhaps he did the same to Yo, by mere looking at his symptoms, hallucination, etc. although I think he died from Heart attack.  Wook being cunning disgust me regardless of how good he was in the beginning.  The end doesn't always justifies the means.  More so for selfish reasons.

What pleases me in this episode is LJK looking so STUNNING!  How can a man be so pretty???? :heart: The lantern date is what I like the most... the one where he kissed HS in the cheek is just so adorable.  Well not to mention his good acting, as usual.  He's very consistent too, for being a great actor.  IU too, looked very lovely in her clothes in this episode. 

This is what I can think of for now....

This is so true! Best comment ever! 

Thank you!!!  Your thoughts/opinion is very well appreciated as I noticed this is your very first post. 

Welcome to MLSHR thread!  And enjoy just like the rest of us. :heart:

• Like 14

WOW! 1600 pages! Congratulations guys! WOW! two episodes and we've got over 50 pages to cover and still counting! I have to backtrack those pages as I could only randomly backtrack to some pages. I'm afraid of missing insightful posts from all of you thus this backtracking is going to be way to spend the next 6 days as we're drawing near to the final end. 

I'm not ready to say goodbye to our OTP! :bawling:

• Like 17

31 minutes ago, deabakdrama said:

I guess he doesn't know. In c version BBJX, 4th knows RX was sick, but he doesn't know her health problem. 

I think HS is pregnant, but just purposely don't want to reveal it or she doesn't even know she is pregnant. I suspect her miscarriage happened because of pressure and stress coming from WS. Especially, after knowing WS plans to kill WW. She must be collapsed after hearing it. WS must regret and that incident  could be the reason WS agrees to let HS goes, because he doesn't want HS suffers. He loves her causing him to let her go....

correct me if I am wrong, 4th know initially that Rouxi is sick...as the doctor told them that, she only got 10 years to live...and 4th trying to prolong her life...

And he know her knee is weak, that why he use the royal order on her to ask her stop kneeling in front of the temple as she is pleading for 8th that is kneeling in front of the palace in the rain.

But at the later part...when she is leaving the palace, 4th doesnt know her life is shorten till left 1 or 2 years to live...

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, furiosanz said:

Has anyone considered the heartbreaking twist would be Hae Soo taking the blame for Wook and being sentenced to death? Now THAT would hurt all the Princes. 

And I just have to say I have never been so engrossed in any tv series as much as I have with Scarlet Heart Ryeo. Besides the script, storyline, and characters we have come to love and be angry with, the acting across the board is phenomenal. The cast are outstanding, and I am grateful to watch a small glimpse in to Korean culture and history. LJK is amazing, he deserves so many awards even an Oscar. I love how he can express anger, pain, and being shattered in spirit all in one scene, sometimes he does this in a few seconds. As a viewer you feel what Wang So feels because of Lee Joon-gi captures it all in those few moments of expression. It is subtle but you feel the intensity of emotion. You love when he loves, and you hurt when he does. The sets, wardrobe, backdrop, and of course the entire cast make watching feel complete. Truly a treasure to watch :)

Same thought exactly! I'm so amazed at LJK's on-point expression every time the script calls for it. Bravo! I actually looked up Goryeo history to better understand this drama.

• Like 14

29 minutes ago, kdramawriter said:

THE THREE BROTHERS: HOW TWO HAVE FAILED AND ONE WILL SUCCEED IN FREEING HAE SU

sigh, this drama has made me get insomnia! I just realized that Wang So has just become Wook 2.0 to Hae Su. I believe that she loves him deeply and he loves her more than Wook loved her, but the results are just the same. The writer really put forth this idea that love can change a person for the first half of the show, showing us exactly how WS was warped by the lack of love from his mother and how HS managed to reset him and help him become the man he is. That being said, the second half of the show seems to be a slow descent back to who WS was, a ruthless person who will do anything to protect what is his (actually, quite similar to his mother, Queen Yoo). I know we all hate the Queen, but WS is actually more similar to his mother than we admit. He's an extremist, just as his mother was ruthless in protecting Jung and Yo, WS is the same way for protecting his power and his people. The apple did not fall far from the crazy tree. 

Both Wang So and Wook promised to take HS out of the palace and now both have failed. Wook said he would give up his power to move away with HS, but then realized he couldn't turn his back on his family. Wang So wanted to run away with HS before he became King, but when he realized that power could protect the people he loved, he ascended to the throne, but this further ensconced Hae Su in the palace because she was deeply in love with him by this point and could not imagine leaving him. So both men, in their attempts to free Hae Su, have only buried her deeper in the palace (WS because HS was deeply in love with him, and Wook by turning his back on her and her becoming a slave). I applaud HS for having had enough. As sad as it is Jung is the person who will finally set her free, making good on the promise that was broken by his two brothers. 

This is the part where I hope k version doesnt follow so closely to C version..

8th told 4th in the end, both of them lose Rouxi cause of the throne...if..if...Soo doesnt die in So arm...I guess this scene will surface as well, wook will tell so, in the aspect of Soo, both of them are loser...cause both of them had make promise to her, yet, fail to fulfill their promise...

Jung..*sigh* in the bad way, bringing Soo out to live peacefully on her remaining day..to let her...write "行到水窮處 坐看雲起時" endlessly....yes...she is away from the politics of the palace, but she is away from the man she loved with her heart and soul as well

• Like 16

15 minutes ago, furiosanz said:

Has anyone considered the heartbreaking twist would be Hae Soo taking the blame for Wook and being sentenced to death? Now THAT would hurt all the Princes. 

And I just have to say I have never been so engrossed in any tv series as much as I have with Scarlet Heart Ryeo. Besides the script, storyline, and characters we have come to love and be angry with, the acting across the board is phenomenal. The cast are outstanding, and I am grateful to watch a small glimpse in to Korean culture and history. LJK is amazing, he deserves so many awards even an Oscar. I love how he can express anger, pain, and being shattered in spirit all in one scene, sometimes he does this in a few seconds. As a viewer you feel what Wang So feels because of Lee Joon-gi captures it all in those few moments of expression. It is subtle but you feel the intensity of emotion. You love when he loves, and you hurt when he does. The sets, wardrobe, backdrop, and of course the entire cast make watching feel complete. Truly a treasure to watch :)

OH NO! Soo dying is devastating enough, if Soo take the blame for wook, and So sentenced her to death, this will be the last twist I would want to see in k version!!! This is definitely FAR FROM THE HAPPY ENDING THAT THE DIRECTOR PROMISE!!!

King Taejo sentence Lady Oh to death for Soo, and King Gwangjong sentence Soo to death for Wook...NO NO NO...this is totally ridiculous, I will definitely flip table if writer nim put this twist in episode 19!!! 

• Like 10

Nice to meet you all 

:grin:

Hi all... i know i'm very late.... just starting to watch this drama, i've been so busy lately...

my stupid question is : wang so took of his mask, did he get a permanent make up concealer from HS? or did he find something else?

Thank You.....

• Like 6

2 hours ago, junejungki said:

I didnt log in for 3 hours and we have 1600 pages already. You guys seriously have no life including myself. kekekeke!!

Chingu. Your statement really 'pang' me on my face. Suddenly realized why the heck my life soooo ruined these days because of one drama. LOL. :lol:

• Like 15

Just to check, has anyone wondered if WH will be found out by So to have had been spying for Yo??

then Baek Ah will also be heartbroken by WH and she may be sentenced to jail or something?? Then she and BA cannot be together?? (If it's like the c-Ver)

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, naritul said:

Nice to meet you all 

:grin:

Hi all... i know i'm very late.... just starting to watch this drama, i've been so busy lately...

my stupid question is : wang so took of his mask, did he get a permanent make up concealer from HS? or did he find something else?

Thank You.....

HS created something closed to permanent concealer to conceal WS scar. 

AND.. welcome to this thread chingu! :grin:

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Sharine Phinisia said:

@Sharine Phinisia Agree with you. I persuade myself to watch MoonLight because of higher ratings, but somehow I don't have an  interest with MLight , then I stopped at episode 3, even now that drama couldn't draw my attention.  :( 

Moon Lovers drives me crazily everyday. It's bother me days and nights. ..hissss, but  I don't know why I still stick to this drama till the end even it has tortured my physically and mentally, I just can't let it go. 

• Like 13

I read everywhere how they hate Jung for many reasons. I don't really like the way Jung hates So although he saw with his own eyes, it was Yo who shot Eun and So just did what Eun requested. But I want to say something about Jung.

In Ep 17 he met Soo when she prayed in front of the stone shrine. He laid the bare fact in front of Soo's face. "A queen must use her family's name and the other families to support the king. That's why King Taejo got marrid as often as he did. At this rate, you will just be one of the King's many women. Is this really how you want to live?" I don't think Soo aware of the fact that if he loves the king, and the king wants to marry her, it means she would be a queen. A queen in Goryeo is just like what Jung said, and with many other requirements such as scar-less.

WangSo is wrong about one thing. He thought that being a King would make him free, free to love and marry anybody he loves, free to protect the ones he love, free from anybody's control. Hwangbo clan pushed him to marry YH is a form of 'control' over him. Not in a way Yo control him as the king's dog but it is a restraint for Gwangjong. It is restraint for him to marry somebody else. I am aware that a new King, or even president would do the "clean up." I don't have any objection for GwangJong to do that. Let alone, in Goryeo it is the clan that held the biggest power 'over' the King.

@kdramawriter might be right. It is Jung who will be able to take Soo out of the palace. But, i still keep my hope high, that Soo will die in So's arms.

I thought the dark-night-Wang So would meet the bright-sunshine-Soo just like the MOON as a fusion of the dark night with the sunlight. I begin to doubt that. Or maybe the moon wouldn't light in Goryeo tenth century, but in Seoul 21st century. I truly pray with all my heart.

• Like 13

Just now, Diana Blanche said:

This is the first drama who torn me apart between my reason and my feelings. My brain told me that GJ did the right thing cleaning the palace of traitors but my feelings go with HS telling me that the way in which he did that it was too cruel. I will try to watch the last two episode without to judge, without feeling because otherwise I will go crazy. Even so I have a little hope thinking that GJ will trick YH. He promised her that he will give her what she wants if she will give up on her family (Wook). After he will take his vengeance on Wook without YH to oppose him, she will ask him to give her what he promised to her. All I want to hear from him is: I lied.

For me my So-Soo ship will never sink. It will float adrift in the open ocean like Flying Dutchman for a thousand years.

To me the ship had already been sailing after that defying-gravity horse scene and still drifting to the vast ocean even though winds and thunders and storms come against it. The ship will be right there arrive at the final end safe and sound! 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, hobeverly1212 said:

I have a question...... in the SBS version, So scolds the doctor for not telling him that Soo was sick. So does this mean he knows about her helath problem or not? 

HS didn't stand to see CR was beaten to death, so that she felt weak and dropped. It's like the doctor said to her earlier that she had a weak heart and her life was not long. I think WS didn't know what her illness was. WS was angry with the doctor because the doctor didn't tell him that she fainted.
I think if WS knew that she was ill and her life was not long, he will not throw her away when he learned about her relationship with WW (like preview ep.19 next week). She hid her illness on WS because she didn't want to make WS sad.

This is my opinion. I'm sorry if I'm wrong because I didn't see the story Chinese version.:grin:

• Like 13