[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

6 minutes ago, lyserose said:

On a side note and talking about fortune.....have you guys ever considered that may be, his luck was better when he was known as "Lee Jun Ki" instead of the current "Lee Joon Gi"?

LOL perhaps, but I prefer to call him Lee Joon Gi because he identifies himself so. Thank you for your information and sorry to cut your post.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, emerald_2 said:

Sad reality as it is...that is how Korean audience are like... and they seem to share a common perception collectively,  mind boggling right.

Not all. As @ruizaio pointed out there are also many korean fans devoted to ljg and mlshr. We just cant see it because lack of access and language barier. Plus, i think the bad vibe by korean audience exacerbated by the antis. One thing we international fans can be thankfull for missing all the hatred.

• Like 18

18 minutes ago, atgirlina said:

Really appreciate him posting in english. I just hope it's not being use by those antis to badmouth him again.

He's the only actor that makes me send DM on IG to tell some encouragement words (not that he would read it though among the thousands DM he must be getting now lol). After the interview came out there must be tons of fans, Korean and international, who send him love and support. I'm happy he gets those and I love the way he appreciates his fans by posting this. So much love and respect for this man.

Sidenote: Can I pretend that he did read my DM and it's one of the "pep talk" he was talking about? kekeke~

• Like 23

9 minutes ago, atgirlina said:

Really appreciate him posting in english. I just hope it's not being use by those antis to badmouth him again.

Is it bad to wish that he doesn't read this Forum? Because I might end up leaving due to embarrassment. And I willing to bet that I am not the only one who will be embarrassed, if the actual actors tune into the Soompi Forums.

• Like 19

10 minutes ago, sweetpealover said:

Is it bad to wish that he doesn't read this Forum? Because I might end up leaving due to embarrassment. And I willing to bet that I am not the only one who will be embarrassed, if the actual actors tune into the Soompi Forums.

If he is here, lurking, i wish him luck reading. The thread is moving so fast. 

If anything, with the full production drama, i say he definitely have the time to lurk. If this was live shooting, he will have a hard time reading or post anything. 

The anonimity (account names) in these forum will save us from any embarasing feeling. 

Lee joon gi shi, if you are here lurking... hi! :w00t:

• Like 21

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Sigh. This is why I don't like talking about ratings. I hate it passionately. It just divides fandom and everybody scrounges around for morsels and scrapes the bottom of the barrel to provide reasons why XYZ show is/isn't popular. I went through all of this with Beautiful Mind, which incidentally had even lower ratings than ML. But I thought it was brilliant. I thought Hyukkie was brilliant. As brilliant or even more brilliant than LJG. However, most of SK didn't. At least those who were watching something in that timeslot. I read all kinds of reasons why the locals didn't take to it but none of it made sense to me. I moved on. I've resigned myself to the fact that I generally like shows that most SK don't. Everything that people quote as "negatives" about BM and ML are the very things I love about them.

At the end of the day nobody... none of us know why ML isn't popular or as popular as the other show. Anecdotal information ain't going to cut it. But guess what, ML is hugely popular with overseas fans. In every site that I visit, legal or illegal... it is the most watched show or at least the most commented on one among those currently airing. I've never seen anything like it in the 6 years that I've been watching K dramas consistently. A show with lowish ratings in SK fuelling so much discussion and getting so much love. With all its "flaws", it is definitely doing something right. Enough to have that kind of a  pull and such a devoted fanbase. And just because the ratings are low doesn't mean Koreans don't like it because there's so much fan art out there. ML is something of a world-wide phenomenon by any stretch of the imagination.

I know ratings are important to the cast, crew, PD etc for important financial and even artistic reasons.  For some fans it's a vindication of their viewing habits but it shouldn't be. People should enjoy the shows they watch for their own sake even if no one else likes them.

I'm probably sounding like a cranky ajumma right now and I wasn't going to say anything at first but it seemed like the issue isn't going to go away anytime soon. In fact, I'm concerned it will get worse.

agree with you @40somethingahjumma i do watch beautiful mind instead of doctors and the rating of BM is below compare to doctors, for me it doesn't make any sense.. same like what happen with MLSHR

but then again... people should enjoy the show  they watch for their own sake even if no one likes them :wub: 

people want to watch their preferences (can be different aspect, the actor/actress, the genre, story line you can list it)... and MLSHR is our preferences because of its amazing actor/actress, the story line, the costume, the genre, the LJK :wub: 

for me, everything about MLSHR is perfect. And many of fans are so creative in analyzing the storyline, make creative stuff (drawing, video, fanfic, etc).. make other to sneak up the history of goryeo, the technical thing about the angle shoot, at least this is what happen in this forum... so many love for LJK and the cast of MLSHR. 

they work hard are paid off by the love and support from their fans :heart:

i've seen all his drama during the past 2/3 weeks (my addiction of KDrama is back :P ... i think my addiction to KDrama is about 10 years ago). thanks to LJK and MLSHR.

I also watch drama Faith because LJK suppose to be the main role in that drama, but due to his military enlistment, it goes to Lee Min Ho... LMH is not bad.. but i was wondering if it was LJK... he is so much expression *daydreaming :wub::wub:

i watched some of LJK video, his fanmeeting, his dance video, see his instagram (like other fangirls do :wub:)  

one of the video is his charity action in indonesia, he is so adorable, lovable... easy going... have a sense of humour

• Like 24

Personally, I love everything in MLSHR, even it's flaws, and as the cast said in press conference this drama is DIFFERENT. I am sure that it will be remembered for long! Ratings hurt, especially because actors worked hard and obviously they didn't expect this to happen.. and I'm not sure that things will improve much with only 4episodes left..  

I think the major problem in SK is that people have so many prejudices, even before drama started many were 100% sure that idol acting will be awful, the writer is not so famous so the script must be bad, main couple will have zero chemistry, etc.. Plus antis who just bash actors with issues not related to their acting. And first episodes were enough for all these people to claim they were correct in their opinions. Now when we are close to ending, I like how the drama flows, it started from superficial but gets deeper and deeper with every episode. Unfortunately, many judge drama on its first impression, so they simply dropped ML without giving a chance.

Another problem is SBS attitude, it is really disgusting! Why promote drama so much just to throw it away like rubbish after start??  They didn't control press, with anti articles everywhere. And baseball, episode leak... Not a single word of apology or explanation! I've read that maybe they bet on Deep Blue Sea, well good luck:angry:

Anyway, I'm happy to watch ML and wish all the best to the cast)

• Like 20

Be calm and be happy Moon Lovers, we need to prepare ourselves for the remaining 4 episodes because it will not be easy. So don't waste your mind and energy on haters' comments and that R thing in Korea.  

Cheer up and be positive.  Just love ML.  

• Like 18

9 minutes ago, AryRa said:

LJK might lurking this forum 

and found out that you guys all gives warm heart and loves for him :heart:

so sweet... love you too

I'll be dying from embarrassment if he does. The thought of it already makes me blushing :flushed:

• Like 20

7 minutes ago, qwenli said:

I have a wild thought, why dun SBS just broadcast the remaining 3 EPs at one go, like a movie:sweatingbullets:

Spare everyone the agony, and sbs can move on too.:D

Win win situation. :phew:

I'm all yes for that! 

They've pretty much given up on the show and we're dying of curiosity so definitely a win win situation!:D 

• Like 17