[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

52 minutes ago, enigmaticangel said:

Oh no..dnt say like that ..and PD-nim have also confirmed that the ending will be a happy one..fingers crossed..

Just like almost every preview has been misleading I hope that these words from PD-nim are not misleading. But I'll keep my hopes up with these words.

• Like 12

Does anyone know the filming location for "Lake Dongji"? The lake with green trees and white flowers where WangSo takes HaeSoo for a walk when she just starts working at Damiwon (in ep7 I think), then they stop at a gate and look out onto the lake. Im hoping to find the name of the place cause I really really love the scenery but I looked all over the internet and couldnt find it. :tears:

• Like 9

6 hours ago, sosooyah19 said:

wow.. baekhyun number for real? exo fans really into it,,,,

i hope mine was counted, the number didnt change when i tried, just when refreshed so i dunno if its someone else...
oh well... lets hope for the best..

No offence to Baekhyun's fans, but I thought it's more legit for him to be under the singer category cuz that's his core work. Those who voted him are mainly EXO fans and perhaps some new fans gained from MLSHR. I dun think it's fair to those who are actors by default. *pls dun shoot arrows at me*. If anything, I think D.O is better suited for this category cuz he's been acting in a few projects and his performance is good. Just my take. 

• Like 14

2 hours ago, wordsmyth0253 said:

As far as the significance of Pegasus, I think it's been mentioned in this forum as well but Korean fans have put together that the significance is not in the mythology but the timing of when the constellation appears in the night sky. In Korea, Pegasus rises in the early evening in autumn - and historically Gwangjong took the throne in fall of 949, our current year in the drama. Thus, as Ji Mong says, "the time has come"

Wow I have more respect for the writer than ever!:)

@millie10468 one thing I will do differently is to marry WS when he offered and get the express ticket out of the laundromat. I like doing laundry...but with a washing machine with many zany functions:D

I will likely be Yeonhwa....hahaha plotting who to marry to....I dun mind being her as well, she will get to marry WS....u get my point....lol 

• Like 22

1 hour ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

When questioned about plans to get married, he responded, "I have my priorities. I want to be settled as an actor first. It's not just about performing well as an actor. I think a lot about how I can be chosen by the public consistently...Yes, I do feel frustrated with myself sometimes too." 

Hide contents

Hide contents

It's okay JG, I'm not in a hurry to get married.  :lol::lol:

On a serious note, it makes me sad he's worried about ratings.  This drama deserves recognition for it's outstanding acting!  The international viewership is high so I hope he takes home every international award SHR is eligible for to show SBS what's up!

• Like 23

34 minutes ago, Koorisuto said:

Does anyone know the filming location for "Lake Dongji"? The lake with green trees and white flowers where WangSo takes HaeSoo for a walk when she just starts working at Damiwon (in ep7 I think), then they stop at a gate and look out onto the lake. Im hoping to find the name of the place cause I really really love the scenery but I looked all over the internet and couldnt find it. 

The filming locations are in my signature below,  u will be able to see it if u access via laptop. Or u can check the 1st page of this thread, am not sure if lyrayoo has put it there.

Just a note that many of these scenes were shown with special effects, the real places are beautiful, but not as breathtaking as on TV.

• Like 15

3 hours ago, hiluna said:

They do seem to look at stars quite often so maybe they will end up meeting in the future at a planetarium :P

I love this idea!... Unlike the C-version where RX went to the museum, WS-HS shall meet again in the planetarium.

Stargazing has taken a new meaning for me now. I will always remember WS-HS and their favorite choice of what to do on a date.

• Like 17

10 hours ago, Artheusa said:

How heartbreakingly beautiful... Thank you so much for sharing. 

The scenes of Wang So and Hae Soo together were such huge "what ifs". It would be their life if they were to be married as ordinary people, far from the palace and the bloodshed, simply husband and wife, happy in love. Feeding food to each other, gazing at the stars at night.. I'm well pleased we saw them like this. I wish it was a bit longer. 

After watching all this, I can't help but feel glad to be born as an ordinary person and not as a political leader of some sorts. I can freely be with the ones I love. 

Did LJG make that bird sound himself? Wow indeed if he did.

@Artheusa and everyone who read my post - thanks for indulging me in my ramblings. 

Moon Lovers is like an alternate universe for me (just like BBJX). We live in the modern world so we can understand Hae Soo/Ruoxi's predicament in ancient times. I am not sure which is better - to love so deeply and die of a broken heart or just have a peaceful, ordinary existence in the modern world. We can have both as an audience - love deeply through the heroine but still have semblance of real life while watching it. Hahahaha! 

Can't say that I am not upset about the ratings but...MLSHR has not been a disappointment. The production could be better executed and have more episodes to develop some of the side characters. However, the actors made up for the shortfall. If so many of us are obsessed with this drama - something must be really good about it! Anyway to each his own - I am going to enjoy the rest of the 5 episodes and re-watch it like a classic with a glass of wine (in the likes of BBC's Pride & Prejudice - Colin Firth, Persuasion - Ciaran Hinds, BBJX, Nirvana in Fire) for years to come. *Cheers to all the fans of this show! *

• Like 17

44 minutes ago, lyserose said:

Read the article and feel bad for him especially when he said that he has a sense of responsibility over the drama's success, how he can be chosen by the public consistently and feeling frustrated with himself. It's so sad that such a genuinely talented actor being underrated in his homeground only all because of ratings and Korea never merited their actors based on performance, without consideration of popularity. Sigh! 

I don't understand why never mentioning of Scarlet Heart international success. The drama is explosive everywhere except Korea, at least they should have mentioned that in the article and allow him to know that he has done a phenomenal job with so many international viewers giving their love not only to him but to the drama itself. 

Yup, I agree with you. When popularity beats real talent always make me sad.

• Like 20

6 hours ago, andy78 said:

So what will happen to the supposed extra episode? SBS may possibly broadcast the special episode on Wednesday, Nov. 2, probably around the same time slot when they aired a special episode on Sept. 14 (that was Wednesday also). If an extra episode will indeed be broadcasted, "Moon Lovers" special episode will definitely show compilation of directors cut from "Moon Lovers" episode 1 to episode 20, or it may even feature extended screen time of Hae Soo (Lee Ji Eun) and Wang So (Lee Joon Gi) in modern era (how they met and their relationship - cross fingers).

cross fingers my friends...i hope otp will meet again!they deserve a happy end !

Oh wooow.. this is the best news! I'm crossing fingers already. 

• Like 9

Hi Chingudeul!! So I was deliberately avoid the thread..forgive me..it's just that I need to restrain myself from all the emotions that piled up inside my heart..and it's worth for me. After a long ( for me a week is veerry long) avoided every convo about MLSHR, I now can watch the drama with a whole new mind set...I finally feel all the excitements, enjoy and funs that were missing.....actually I was more like avoiding all the negatives side....Still love and try to find the positives...

And here I am..back to the thread and love for MLSHR (I never lost the love for it by the way..even though I avoided talking about it..it's still has a very special place in my heart) and suddenly read the article about LJG's feelings about the ratings..and I'm so sad..my heart hurts because of that.

So I read on Scarlet Heart Ryeo twitter about the video from fans???Chingu yaaa....I already suggested that in this forum thread when we reached episode 9 or 10?I forgot and I can't track when and at what page.....but no one...I mean NO ONE responded to that..just like..but no responds..at all...and we're going to do this..now?? when we already reached ep16??? I realized this thing earlier....because I feel sad for all the casts and crews...I just hope that you realized this sooner like me...(I mean no one responded)

Read here about the video fans https://twitter.com/MoonLoversSBS

Oh well, anyway..I'm glad that FINALLY...someone realize this..though a little later then me..(which makes me more sad) I'm going to post my happy pill here to lift our mood...I made this photogrid last night..hope you all like it :)

• Like 24

3 hours ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

Lee Jun Ki shares his thoughts on his acting career and disappointing 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo' TV ratings

By alice101   

Actor Lee Jun Ki recently posed for a photo shoot with 'Singles' magazine, charming everyone with his fall-inspired outfits and gorgeous looks. During an interview at the photo shoot site, the actor discussed his thoughts on his dramas, TV ratings, and his overall acting career and some choices he has had to make. 

When asked to talk about his current drama, 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo' Lee Jun Ki admitted, "I have worries about the TV ratings." As a big drama with its original, Chinese version having had huge success, the Korean version is not doing as well in terms of TV ratings. Lee Jun Ki stated, "I feel sad. All the actors and staff worked so hard. Everyone worked so hard..." Aside from the TV ratings, the drama is getting a lot of positive feedback, and many are praising Lee Jun Ki's acting. However, he did not make excuses, saying, "I have no regrets. As a leading role, I must have a sense of responsibility with its success, including TV ratings. As I watch this drama, I am looking for what it is lacking." 

His monitoring does not end there. Lee Jun Ki says that he reads all the comments on articles related to him. He explained, "Not just my works, but I watch almost all dramas and movies that are out to analyze what people like, why certain dramas have high ratings, and why some don't do as well. It helps me be a better actor for the next work and also helps me to select scripts." 

When questioned about plans to get married, he responded, "I have my priorities. I want to be settled as an actor first. It's not just about performing well as an actor. I think a lot about how I can be chosen by the public consistently...Yes, I do feel frustrated with myself sometimes too." 

Hide contents

Reveal hidden contents

e4aaf202-24cd-4629-98fc-eb5e519f86fb.jpg

https://www.dramafever.com/pt/news/lee-joon-ki-talks-life-after-scarlet-heart-ryeo-/

I feel sad too reading this. It sound silly to see a success of a drama based on TV ratings, but it's the reality. Numbers are everything. 
I guess no matter how much love MLSHR receives internationally, it'll still be seen as a flop in its own country. 

• Like 23

I am so ready for next BTS...hopefully they will show us the BTS for the stargazing scene and the back hug scene..

did you guys noticed that these few weeks, BTS videos released are ALL about SoSoo Couple ..hahaha..the person in charge with the BTS must be a die hard SoSoo shippers.. ;)

• Like 20

4 hours ago, millie10468 said:

I'm back with the Question Challenge to play with while we try to hold on to life while waiting for Episode 17 (which might also be canceled thanks to the world's worst game ever Beating head against the wall animated emoticon )

1. Pick any character (doesn't have to be your favorite character) and identify ONE thing they did that you'd do differently in their position; or

2. Pick a character in the drama you'd WANT to be; and then pick the character you'd MOST LIKELY BE if you were in Goryeo (just know I'm side-eyeing all those who will say they'd most likely be Wang So...)

1.I would had told Wang So were Eun's is since day 1, but that's only because I knew what happened 

2.I wanna be Hae Soo of course to have Wang So as my boyfriend :wub: lol but I'll most probably be Baek Ah because I love painting & drawing too 

• Like 8