[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, thenagain said:

YES YES YES!! Couldn't agree more. I've been lurking here for a little while and I've been reading everyone's take on that last line and I think your answer comes closest to how I interpreted that sentence. I think Wang So does feels weak in front of hae soo because instead of looking away she's staring back at him like his equal completely unafraid. Vulnerability is something he's never allowed himself to feel and i think it would be hard for him to deal with. He's built such a reputation on being strong and hard that he would hate that she could move him emotionally with her pity or concern. But since I'm pretty sure Wang wook followed hae soo out of the party i think he'll interrupt this moment before we ever truly know what he meant.

Either way I REALLY hope So doesn't start to distance himself from her now that he's starting to realize his own feelings for her. I hate when drama writers go that direction with emotionally stunted male leads.

I think this episode served as a catharsis to the beginning of the release of emotions, so I think SoSoo will only build up further from here. At least based upon the preview. 

• Like 12

Wah.. finally I did it... Reading all Eclipses post getting hard every week but MLSHR OST just right to company me read all of that...

11 hours ago, chickenchopflipflop said:

Sorry to cut

It revealed to us that So, besides being a wounded animal, is also a cunning character with enough wits and ruthlessness about him to ascend the throne. This for me was my favourite scene and certainly a game changer for his character. 

I definitely like your observation... It shows that So 4th is able (physical, mental and intellectual) to turn condition, he just need motivation. Until ep 7 we see that he not interested in throne. He just want his mother to sees him. Which maybe this could be one motivation (I think he will have more than one reason, like Moo CP death or maybe Soo). We will see this motivation in next ep.

I know I will like the General Park and that scene prove that... I think he was man that make So 4th more human (understanding). He discuss and he tell So 4th his opinion and (even he not approve that) So 4th listen to him

2 hours ago, qwenli said:

Sorry to cut

Seriously I dont know why this drama is making me do extra work! So I took a quick look at Myasiantv version (k version) vs what I recorded from TV last night, here are the differences:

1) dialogue between YH and Wook

2) Jimong applying medicine on the CP's hand

----------------------------

I tried tabulating both versions and the international version is about 1 min 20 plus secs shorter than the k version. I still am not sure how and where they chop off the rest because the additional scenes in k version is about 3mins. Since the difference in both duration is only 1 min, and I cant notice the difference in other scenes, I assume they edit here and there to shorten some other scenes to make up for it.

------------------------------

Frankly, I consider that talk between YH and Wook as very important. Ok I can skip JM applying med. Perhaps they should have cut out IU singing. I love her but given a choice between an important story point and HS singing her love for Wook, I think I will take the conversation.  

In her room, when she is looking out at the moon, she already profess her love for Wook, so there was no need for her to sing at the party after the birthday song.

1 hour ago, wackeemarie said:

with differences between episodes 6 & 7 for SBS (Korean) & One Asia (International) & subsequently subbed episodes on various sites, are we suppose to expect that this continues until the finale? Some of the cut scenes,either in Korean or Intl version, affects the story flow or significant conversations like what @qwenli mentioned in an earlier post.

Differences in previews, I can accept, since as I've noticed for last 2 previews, differences are mostly in order of scenes or 1 scene cut or not in the other preview. But its a preview, which makes the differences more acceptable. But differences in an episode...hhhmmm Takes extra work to watch this drama, but that's what we do for things (or in my case a person like LJG) we love.

As all Eclipses know, we will always (based on ep on this two consecutive week) get two version, SBS (Korean) & One Asia (International), either the ep or the preview. There always additional scene in Korean but as a result there will always cut scene that only appear in International. And next ep maybe there will be more differences. Like @qwenli and @wackeemarie said, we have to work harder to watch this drama (for me I just watch the Korea and International version to get whole story.). But until this week, I still feel it worth.

• Like 16

'That look in your eyes...I hate it like crazy' To me So really hates his face and especially showing infront of Soo.  In Soo's eyes he can see his scar face which he have not seen in others because none dare or care to look straight at his face.   

This will bring So to love Soo more ... becos the only pair of eyes that opened to his face. 

• Like 17

37 minutes ago, notintoyou said:

I was browsing through tumblr and found this gif:

It's from one of the trailers. In the preview for next week's episodes, Wang So is wearing white for the rain ritual. Will we see this SoSoo moment next week? He's also not wearing a mask (I think... I zoomed in and don't see it) :D

Not really. The international version has more fan-service, with the humor and the music.

Could this be the Goryeo equivalent of a happy dance for Wang So?  It seems to be raining, and I heard something in the episode 8 preview about 'he'll become a prince if it rains?'. Please k-drama gods, let this poor man catch a break, eh?

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

And about the scar

It looks like a minor one if we consider it today , because of technology, this is not  something we can consider a lifetime stigma. However in Goryeo, a beautiful , perfect, flawless face is a valuable property and once scarred can no longer be called a royal entity. 

When So removed it in front of everyone, he knows that everyone will not look at him that is why he still insisted. However, what really stirred his emotion was Hae Soo.

She looked at him straight face with  no humiliation, pity ,or remorse .At the middle of a crowd not acknowledging his flaw she stood there looking at her. Ah my heart !  Image result for tuzki animated

True, she looked at him like there was nothing wrong with him. Which in our eyes seems to be the same. I mean, that scar is something minor for modern thinking. We find it acceptable. Which is maybe the reason why HS was staring straight at him like nothing was wrong, he was completely normal, no scar and all. Her initial look was probably of sympathy/empathy and concern, a look he is not used to. Everyone around him looked at him like he was a freak of nature, or of pity. Not even WS mom, looked at him the way HS did.

• Like 15

52 minutes ago, notintoyou said:

I was browsing through tumblr and found this gif:

It's from one of the trailers. In the preview for next week's episodes, Wang So is wearing white for the rain ritual. Will we see this SoSoo moment next week? He's also not wearing a mask (I think... I zoomed in and don't see it) :D

tumblr_ob96i8230l1vvy38go4_r1_250.gif

Wow it looks like we will be seeing this episode by next week? Episode 9 maybe? It looks like after he prayed for the rain during the ritual, it did rain. I'm SO HAPPY FOR YOU WANG SO-YA!!:bawling::bawling:

Edit:

Just reminding our friends about this in a couple of hours.

• Like 19

Annyeong yeorobun!!!  Tried to backtrack a few pages to see if anyone shared this yet. There's so much to read since I last posted right before Ep 7 that I'm going to risk repeating this info about the special episode. The extra episode is airing in an hour.

• Like 13

I'm getting confused now :( Just finished watching ep 6 (with subs..thanx to @liddi ) and ep 7 (without sub). First I thought the one I got is dramafever version..then I realize that the eps I'm watching is actually SBS version...please SBS..don't do this to MLSHR international fans...we're the most ppl that actually support this drama..don't ruin our love for this drama...hhhhh...oh well,I'm just going to browse dramafever version and save it in my harddisk. For now I'll just watch whatever version I got (most likely SBS version) and after the show end, I'll watch the dramafever version..that way I won't be confused..yups..that's how big our love is for this drama (and for LJG lol).

So..eps 7..watching without subs,again I must thank our friends here who has been so kind doing the live recaps..at least I understand it a bit..and I sooooo love LJG reaction,I mean WS, when he finally realize that he's in love with HS. I think I don't find any flaws at eps7 (at eps6 too)..maybe because I don't try to find any little details? How do I explain this..to me I could fill those blank point (or flaws?or whatever it is in english language..forgive me chingudeul for my bad english) with my imagination...with all the insights that I read from this thread..and so I was like "aaahhh..I see..so that's what it is". And as I thought before..WS already fall for HS at the snow fall scenes (there's a flash back when he realise his feelings). And for HS..as someone already mentioned here before (forgot the names again :rolleyes:) yes, she's not in love with WS yet..but yes Wang So IS already in her heart...though she didn't realise it..though if it's only a little spark of sympathy. 

And those who have been in love before or in a relationship right now..must be know exactly what happens if we have sympathy onto someone (especially when you're single).Those sympathy made us think of that someone behaviour, asking ourself why is he so sad, and this sudden desire to help him ease the pain. Although,when you already had someone you love, this feelings would be casted aside. Right now,HS has eyes only for WW so she cast aside whatever feelings she had for WS, thinking of it only as a gesture of sympathy. Yes,she is a warm hearted person,she's very nice too..but it seems like she has this tendency to care more to WS than any of his brothers. Oh, the reasons..like "WS is like hurt animals,he need love,friends,acceptance" maybe that what she thinks...but actually that is what made her more drown to WS.

That's just my opinion though..I couldn't made it more beautiful to read..so forgive me again...:sweatingbullets: And...thank you again to all of you (seem like I couldn't thank you enough :) )

• Like 12

22 minutes ago, ilovekorearocks said:

Wow it looks like we will be seeing this episode by next week? Episode 9 maybe? It looks like after he prayed for the rain during the ritual, it did rain. I'm SO HAPPY FOR YOU WANG SO-YA!!:bawling::bawling:

Edit:

Just reminding our friends about this in a couple of hours.

It starts in an hour right? Does anyone know what the special is going to be? I'm sick right now but I also don't want to miss it if it has some new goodies. If it's just a recap I'd rather go straight to bed.

• Like 5

I've been lurking here for some time but after that episode I had to jump into the conversation. After episode 7 and the preview I'm beginning to feel less sympathy for these brothers that So will kill to claim the throne. I like Baek Ah and Mu, I like Wook too but that's subject to change if the story goes how I'm expecting it to, but the rest of them meh. I seriously wanted to reach through the screen and smack both Eun and Yo. Well, Yo is a miscreant and needs more than a slap but Eun is so daft that he would ask So to remove his mask he acts like a 10 year old but he should have known better. 

I just wanted to hug So, who for the first time was beginning to develop some type of relationship with his family and that one event will probably undo all of that. I am looking forward to seeing how the So/Soo relationship develoops because at this point So definitely seems to have romantic feelings for her but she doesn't seem to have those feelings for him so it's going to be interesting to watch that develop especially with the game of thrones going on.

LJK is so good in this role, his ability to portray emotions on his face even when half of it is covered is amazing. Instead of gushing about LJK I want to give props to HJH, I detest Yo, I can't find a single positive thing to say about the character his attitude is deplorable, the way he speaks to people he considers beneath him (basically everyone who isn't his mother) is so vile and whatever that is that is going on with his mom is just eww, like I'm willing to overlook the marrying your half sister thing but the undertones of his relationship with his mom ugh. All that said HJH plays him so well that I'm to the point where I just want him to be torn apart by feral animals

• Like 18

3 minutes ago, fairyalice said:

It starts in an hour right? Does anyone know what the special is going to be? I'm sick right now but I also don't want to miss it if it has some new goodies. If it's just a recap I'd rather go straight to bed.

Hi!

No one really knows what it is. I've read from this thread it may only be about a background story of MLSHR but then again, why would they call it Episode 7 Part 2? When they can just label it as MLSHR Special Episode.

Rest well and get well soon :D

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, junee22 said:

I'm getting confused now :( Just finished watching ep 6 (with subs..thanx to @liddi ) and ep 7 (without sub). First I thought the one I got is dramafever version..then I realize that the eps I'm watching is actually SBS version...please SBS..don't do this to MLSHR international fans...we're the most ppl that actually support this drama..don't ruin our love for this drama

It's unfortunate for us International fans that the SBS version is the better one, but if SBS didn't listen to Korean criticism we would all only be seeing the international cut showing on Dramafever. So despite the confusion and angst, I'm very glad SBS has edited the production because it's much better. The reason they can't change the international version is because it's already been sold (and specifically because of the Chinese simulcast - since Chinese censors require the whole drama be reviewed prior to airing). Very annoying but still better than only the international version. 

• Like 21

30 minutes ago, liddi said:

Unfortunately, we are again seeing differences in Ep7 between SBS and international versions, so I have done a manual resync and edit of the SBS version subs based on Dramafever subs and Dramabeans recaps. Dialogue for missing Dramafever scenes (Wook-Yeonhwa, Mu-Ji Mong) are best guess based on Dramabeans recaps, with a few lines missing. Please feel free to let me know where it needs to be corrected.

Have posted the edited subs in Avistaz and here for anyone who is interested.

Just wondering if this is going to be the norm going forward... with SBS and international versions diverging in terms of content (and by extension, subs) :( 

I'm afraid so :( To me personally it's such a pain having to watch and compare two versions of one new episode. The thought that I might be missing out on some scenes which play a crucial part in the development of the main characters' relationships puts a damper on me fully enjoying the new episode.

By the way, thank you so much for your effort to edit the subs. I watched ep 6 last night and found the subs quite choppy and some parts were even mistranslated :bawling:

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Yippeuni said:

HS bubbly personality attract Wook and Wook perfect charisma attract HS

Sorry to cut

For So never in his life a woman shout at him, nag at him, and say nice things to him..and its HS. For HS what happen with this lunatic why he always say die to people.

Then my guess about So martial art turn out right its the general who thought him all this time, well the skills is above the other princes. And yes the king is behind everything that So had, so I may dare to say maybe the king also plan to prepare So to be in his throne in case something happen to Mo. As in my eyes he never favourite Yo to be his choice. 

Eun,,,my dear Eun grow up please. Even your maknae know when to stop talking and stop behaving when its bad. It's funny to see cheerful Eun, but yes his character is a clown prince. He is the least grown up man between his siblings that's why Yo take this opportunity. I know Eun was still drunk when tonight tragedy happen, and Yo took advantage on it. Love how YH scold him and told him to apologize to So. And how Mo also talk to Yo about his wrong act. 

And yes yorobun the war is on.....like the running man game always say "RACE START!!!!"

I thought only episode 6 that have discrepancies....oh so episode 7 too?? which one? I thought I missed the difference on last night show coz @qwenli recap seems like in line too with mine. 

Love how our thought so similar...

And for the differences qwenli's recap is based on International ver and dramabeans's recap is based on Korean ver (look SBS logo in the right top of the pic or video, it's the easiest way to differentiate it). The Korean ver (until now) always has additional scene, like ep 7 the scene between Wook 8th with YeonHwa about the plan to married Wook again and JiMong scene with Moo CP about his skin problem. But the international scene have longer scene (in some part), but the other part usually same. I recognize longer mourning scene in ep 6 and longer escape scene for international than in the Korean ver.

For last night ep:

1. I like how So 4th and Soo have healthy relationship, they talked heart to heart to each other. Not many couple even did that (overthought I still can't say they are couple right now).

2. The realization of So 4th just perfect. The border between like as friend and love as man is clearly seen in his face (he doesn't need to speak, all his expression tell me his thought). Love JoonGi for that.

3. I think I'm not the only one who getting hate feeling for Wook 8th. I used to like him, but after this ep I gradually feel I hate this man. I don't like the way he treat Soo. He indeed nice and handsome but how can he stay still and even hide his relationship with Soo? (Ugh sorry my modern mind cannot accept)

4. After So 4th, I always love BaekAh 13th. He is mature than his age, and I love how he tries to closer to So 4th. I like WooHee finally appear to his life. Can't wait to see they next encounter.

After last night my mind get stuck in scene between General Park and So 4th that "not all prince can stay in palace, just one prince that stay in palace, and that is the next king". So my conspiracy for this week is this:

Are they (So 4th and Wook 8th) trying to become king so they can be together with Soo?

Soo become gungyeo or palace woman (I think it is after reading about gungyeo) under Lady Oh.

This is slightly information about gungyeo that make me think like that:

All gungnyeo within the palace were basically tied for life, from their acceptance into the palace until the time at which they had to leave. Thus gungnyeo lived completely isolated from outside life, and were not allowed to contact men, or even other women, except by release from service. In the latter case, such released gungnyeo were restricted in their actions, prohibited from marrying, and would be harshly punished if they violated these rules. (from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gungnyeo)

Sound crazy... 

• Like 21