[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

any lee joongi IU mv after trailer?

pls show us and give me link...coz i want to collect their mv:wub::wub:

even many people will be #haneulteam

im always joonki-iu team:D:P if u same boat with me?

just follow ig @hryujinee1_1 and twitter@hryujin tq!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Seulgi Seulgi said:

any lee joongi IU mv after trailer?

pls show us and give me link...coz i want to collect their mv:wub::wub:

even many people will be #haneulteam

im always joonki-iu team:D:P if u same boat with me?

just follow ig @hryujinee1_1 and twitter@hryujin tq!

Here are some of the best ones that i've found on Youtube ;) Most of the scenes were still taken from other dramas though haha. But hopefully this helps! 

• Like 7

I read the novel and watched the C-version several times. I have a different interpretation and opinion of the love stories development in the C-version BBJX. The drama was so popular because of the moving love between 4th prince and Ruo Xi (also the superb acting of the actor and actress which made it so believable. Btw the actor and actress are married in real life now).

I do not know how the K-version will adapt so I hope this is not much of a spoiler. Please skip it if you prefer not to know.

8th prince was RX's brother-in-law. He fell in love with her as first sight. She was his pretty, gusty little sis-in-law. He married his first wife for her family's power, married his concubine (RX's sister) because of love at first sight (too) but she was cold to him as she was already in love with another man but was forced to marry 8th prince. So 8th prince went all out to woo RX and I must admit he was really sweet to her. RX was in awe of him - he is powerful, her sister's husband. She was hestitant about accepting him and only gave in after his repeated attempts to woo her and when he rescued her from a runaway horse incident.

RX was hesitant about 8th prince because (1) she will be a concubine (her brain is 20th century woman from the future) (2) she will share a husband with her sister and to her, it's akward. RX knew from history 8th prince will die so she wanted to "save" him from it by forcing him to give up pursuing the throne. So she asked him to choose between her and the throne. 8th prince was furious and wanted both. The cracks in their relationship deepens.

Meanwhile, while RX was doing her duty as a palace maid, she paid special attention to the likes of 4th prince - reason being she knew he would become emperor. However, all the princes (including 8th prince and 4th prince) thought she was interested in 4th prince. Hence, 4th prince started being curious about her. 4th prince is a practical, rational person, cold on the outside but warm on the inside (evident by his actions towards his queen, 13th prince and RX).

8th prince continued to suspect RX and 4th prince. When RX returned the jade bangle he gave her, he made a comment about her finally choosing 4th prince. RX was heart-broken by his lack of trust when she found out and she finally made up her mind to break up with 8th prince.  Then trouble for RX started brewing with crown prince being interest in her etc. 4th prince tried to give her rational advice and help her....many things happened and eventually the two developed a strong bond and love for each other.

I think the letter RX wrote to 4th prince on her death bed explained her emotions towards 8th prince and 4th prince most clearly. She loved 4th prince ... 8th prince was like an infatuation.

When 4th prince ascended the throne, all those who opposed him and fought with him for the throne were thrown into prison, including 8th prince. 8th prince committed suicide for lesser suffering. His death, how his relationship with RX ended, were his own choice. His mother was of low status and fighting for power and recognition were always important to him. Hence, he was measured in his actions and more 'scheming' and also due to that his father (the late emperor) did not like him.

This is getting too long ! Yikes...anyway, the scene when 4th prince found out RX's death and went to see her ashes is one of the classic scene of BBJX. Very moving and is the climax of the love relationship between 4th prince and RX.

I am looking forward to K-drama's version. 

• Like 17

On 11/06/2016 at 0:23 AM, Gabi Bros said:

Better to watch the teaser for the (place your number)th time, because they are already deleting in youtube for copyright. :lol: Probably from now on we will have short teasers of seconds from what we have seen. Noo! :tears: 

SG❤IU has provided alternative streaming and download link on their facebook page so you dont have to worry about the teaser being taken down

• Like 12

6 hours ago, sunl0ver said:

[....]

8th prince continued to suspect RX and 4th prince. When RX returned the jade bangle he gave her, he made a comment about her finally choosing 4th prince. RX was heart-broken by his lack of trust when she found out and she finally made up her mind to break up with 8th prince.  Then trouble for RX started brewing with crown prince being interest in her etc. 4th prince tried to give her rational advice and help her....many things happened and eventually the two developed a strong bond and love for each other.

I think the letter RX wrote to 4th prince on her death bed explained her emotions towards 8th prince and 4th prince most clearly. She loved 4th prince ... 8th prince was like an infatuation.

When 4th prince ascended the throne, all those who opposed him and fought with him for the throne were thrown into prison, including 8th prince. 8th prince committed suicide for lesser suffering. His death, how his relationship with RX ended, were his own choice. His mother was of low status and fighting for power and recognition were always important to him. Hence, he was measured in his actions and more 'scheming' and also due to that his father (the late emperor) did not like him.

Thanks so much. I understand now.  But I feel there's a contradiction to the feelings of the princess.. because there was lack of trust..so she broke up with 8th? So even if he was married to the sister... they still had something going on? Plus 'heartbroken?'..so she was  clearly more than affected hence the break up. Then she developed feelings for the 4th. So in the beginning it was always the 8th. It has been the 8th and when that didn't work out.. she became close to the 4th prince...

And the last part... 8th committed suicide. He was always carrying the burden of trying to feel not to be looked down upon as his mother was of low status  his father did not like  and having that power, that recognition will make up for how his (childhood going to adulthood) years being stems from being unwanted? unloved? And the only way to get what he wants is to scheme starting with marrying the sister of the princess...

wow... so just basing from what  I understand ( if I'm correct) it feels as if... 8TH prince  story is more the center of the conflict. Has more weight and it will revolve around him/ his love, his scheming ways to rise up to the top, him committing suicide.

And I did mention previous post.. I feel as if the 8th prince really should be the lead..... and based from above. I feel that's how it should be.

Of course.. I'm probably  and likely interpreting the wrong way but it's how it see it.

• Like 5

@sunl0ver, @LyraYoo, @liddi, I appreciate all of your insights about the Chinese version, the novel and the characters.
I am half way through watching the Chinese version. Will try to finish watching it by the time the Korean version premiers

Good News!   Our drama already shows in "Coming Soon" on DramaFever.   speaker phone leaf

Please make sure to click on "Become a Fan" button, AND add a comment in support of the drama.

https://www.dramafever.com/drama/4926/Scarlet_Heart%3A_Ryeo/

• Like 10

21 hours ago, jongski said:

(1) But I feel there's a contradiction to the feelings of the princess.. because there was lack of trust..so she broke up with 8th? So even if he was married to the sister... they still had something going on? Plus 'heartbroken?'..so she was  clearly more than affected hence the break up. [...]

(2)And the last part... 8th committed suicide. He was always carrying the burden of trying to feel not to be looked down upon as his mother was of low status  his father did not like  and having that power [...] being stems from being unwanted? unloved? And the only way to get what he wants is to scheme starting with marrying the sister of the princess...

(3) wow... so just basing from what  I understand ( if I'm correct) it feels as if... 8TH prince  story is more the center of the conflict. Has more weight and it will revolve around him/ his love, his scheming ways to rise up to the top, him committing suicide.

SPOILER ALERT: please don't read if you don't want spoilers. I'm on the phone so really sorry I can't edit it into the spoiler code.

Spoiler

Your interpretation is pretty close. There are a few things I would like to add though.

(1) The reason for the breakup is more than just a lack of trust: Rouxi can't win over Prince 8's ambition and she doesn't want to lose him (knowing he will die), thinking she can't bear the heartache later on, so she asks him to choose between love and power. The prince's suspicion of her hitting on Prince 4 is just a burst of jealousy, the extra oil added to the fire. It was only later, shortly after their split, when Rouxi fell in love with Prince 4 did this outburst haunt Prince 8. The main reason was still Rouxi's lack of confidence to remain with the man she loves knowing his inevitable death (she admits to this herself and admires prince 8's first wife for her persistence to stick with him through thick and thin later on) AND the prince's desire for power to prove his self worth. 

Rouxi did have a lot of concerns for her sister at the beginning of their relationship and was hesistant to accept his feelings at first, until she knew for certain that her sister never once loved prince 8 and practically shut him out of her world. More on this in point (2).

(2) There are 2 things I'd like to clarify here. Prince 8 did not commit suicide for one, and he did not scheme to marry Rouxi's sister for power. His death was 'granted' by the king (later prince 4) by means of poison. He died in prison and prince 13 brought the poison to him. As for his second marriage with Rouxi's sister, he did it out of love. He first spotted the sister on horseback and found her extremely beautiful, so he asked to be granted the mattiage with her, not knowing she had had someone she loved. The girl's father sent that man away on a war mission in which he died, and Rouxi's sister's heart died with him. She miscarried the child she bore with prince 8, and shut him completely out of her life. She never welcomed him to spend a single night at her place, and spent most of her time praying to Buddha. That's why later she assured Rouxi that it was completely fine for her to accept prince 8's feeling.

(3) I would say both princes (4&8) are antagonists and central to the stories. Both yearn for power and scheme to rise to the throne. Both are distrusted by their father; only prince's 8 rash plans ruin him more quickly than prince 4. Both princes' wings are clipped, but prince 8 is more desperate and makes a wrong move, while prince 4 decides to lay low biding his time. It was actually quite interesting to see how each prince's background has a role to play in the ir race for power, but both are reduced to almost nothingness due to their father's distrust. The difference is when they decide to deliver their last blow.

Their love for Rouxi is also complex in both cases, and adds motives to their power race. Prince 8's love is sweet and tender, but prince 4's love for her is no less fierce. Even without knowing she loved prince 8 (he presumes that her first love was with prince 10 and later prince 14, his biological brother), he patiently waited her out until she reached out for him herself. If she fell for prince 8 for his gentle nature and considerateness, what gradually attracts her to prince 4 is his maturity and his being there when she's most vulnerable (after her breakup). He never asked for the reason for her heartache, but was always there and silently put up with all her frustration and tears and stubborness. There is something very very sweet and romantic between her and prince 8; but prince 4 is the only one who brought out and successfully deal with the stubborn nature in Rouxi's character, which distinguishes her from other more obedient female counterparts at the time.

The original drama is so multi-layered and the characters are so well developed I'm actually worried about the casting for this Korean remake :(

• Like 10

I got a feeling I'll be shipping her with Kang Haneul's character even by watching the trailer... But since I'm a person who most of the time is shipping the male lead with the female lead I might be stuck in between :( I'm a big fan of Kang Haneul for 2 years now, so it won't be easy to me :sweatingbullets: However fighing for everyone ^^

• Like 5

I wrote the earlier post in response to several comments about BBJX's story between 4th prince and RX not well developed, which I disagree.To me, the plot of this arc and acting were moving, powerfully portrayed by Nicky Wu and Liu Shi Shi. The relationship between RX and 8th prince never quite hit the same spot for me.

{I felt it would be good as we anticipate the K-adaptation to have different views so we can look forward to how the adaption takes it}.
This will be my last post about BBJX as this is a thread about the K-adaptation 'Scarlet Heart',

*PLEASE SKIP POST IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW ABOUT BBJX*

@jongski 

(1) In the beginning it was 4th prince but he was the active one in their relationship. She was hesitant. That relationship was her first since she came into this world from the future (other than the puppy love teasing with 10th prince). But yes she accepted 8th prince and was seriously considering to be his concubine.

(2) 8th prince was one who fought most openly and fiercely with 4th prince for the throne, indirectly causing 13th prince to be solitary confined by the late emperor for many years. When 4th prince ascended the throne, the first thing he did (naturally) was to bring down his "enemies".. 8th prince being one of them. The emperor changed his name to a demeaning name and threw him into prison. 8th prince committed suicide in peace and relief, not in grief and bitterness. He fought and lost the power struggle, he did his best but chance was not on his side. It was a relief to die and not suffer more. I remember his last scene was him kneeling in prison, looking up to the small window, saying a words of thanks to RX with a smile before he drank the poison. (BBJX Ep 35)

@maskros 

(1) 8th prince drank poison ie committed suicide. The poison was not granted by the emperor. The poison was from RX, delivered by 13th prince. 8th prince's death was a mercy joint effort by RX and 13th prince. Before she died, RX asked 13th prince for a few favours and this was one of it. 8th prince asked 13th prince won't giving him the poison get him into trouble (with the emperor) and 13th prince replied that he'll probably get away with it was RX's death wish 

(2) Also, 8th prince married his first wife (Ming Hui) for her family's power, not RX's sister (Ruo Lan) ie. his concubine. 

@LyraYoo

I agree with your perspective. I read the novel first then watched the drama - when RX and 4th prince first met and up until their first kiss (under that absurd "moon" in the drama) I see it as 4th prince was merely curious about RX and not quite sure what to make of her. In the novel, the author wrote RX's perspective during that encounter : "...there was a slight sneer at the corners of his mouth.. as his cold lips brushed against my ears and pressed on my lips..." 4th prince also asked 13th prince what he makes of RX. As a rational, low profile person, 4th prince was puzzled by her behaviour and testing her out (as any typical prince of that era). Their relationship only developed later when he helped her through the crown prince issue and started pursing her.

Totally agree with @maskros original BBJX is multi-layered and the emotions really well developed.

I have always been impressed with how korean actors/actress portray deep emotions subtly. Can't wait for the K-version !

• Like 14

4 hours ago, sunl0ver said:

@maskros 

(1) 8th prince drank poison ie committed suicide. The poison was not granted by the emperor. The poison was from RX, delivered by 13th prince. 8th prince's death was a mercy joint effort by RX and 13th prince. Before she died, RX asked 13th prince for a few favours and this was one of it. 8th prince asked 13th prince won't giving him the poison get him into trouble (with the emperor) and 13th prince replied that he'll probably get away with it was RX's death wish 

(2) Also, 8th prince married his first wife (Ming Hui) for her family's power, not RX's sister (Ruo Lan) ie. his concubine. 

Hi thanks for correcting me. I must have mixed up the idea of granted death vs. merciful death from reading about this particular historical period somewhere. In my previous post in answer to jongski I was referring to RX's sister, not the first wife, so it seems we're talking about two different people here. I agree that Prince 8 married his first wife for power. I think jongski was referring to RX's sister (he/she said: 'the sister of the princess') so I just want to add that his second marriage with RX's sister was out of his love for her rather than scheming (compared to his first marriage).

Back to the current Korean version of the drama, I think I'll just take @LyraYoo's advice and consider this as a  loose adaptation of the original novel/drama. From the preview, it seems to me that the K-version will focus more on the romances where historical facts, power struggle and the heroine's adaptation and relations to other characters and the historical time where she landed in will retreat into the backdrop. 

It is a pity though, that the 14th prince character will not remain as in the drama/ original novel. JiSoo's character gives off a bubbly, fun vibe to me from the preview, even though I'll have to wait till the drama broadcasts to be sure. I'll hate it though if they decide to make him a comic release because JiSoo is capable of displaying the depth and complexity of the original character with all his hot-headedness and angst combined. I'll restrain any comments on the character portrayal until the drama airs, but I just hope the writer would not make this K-version just a light and bubbly love story. Even if the ending of the C-version drama is sad, it's not necessarily bad and even though I have to sit through tears it's still the kind of drama and ending I'll rewatch for several times.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, maskros said:

I'll restrain any comments on the character portrayal until the drama airs, but I just hope the writer would not make this K-version just a light and bubbly love story. Even if the ending of the C-version drama is sad, it's not necessarily bad and even though I have to sit through tears it's still the kind of drama and ending I'll rewatch for several times.

@maskros

From the teaser, it looks like this adaptation will definitely have some serious story arcs. I sincerely hope that's the case. Like you, I wouldn't mind sitting through heart-wrenching, tear inducing scenes if the drama is well written and the roles are well acted.

• Like 7

@sunl0ver, @maskros  @LyraYoo

Thanks for clarifying analyzing and explaining the story, how different it would be.  I have never seen the C-version nor do I know of the novel. I'm not fond of historical dramas- I know I'm missing a lot of good ones- I prefer modern dramas.  Admittedly I'm watching for the 14th prince. But  I got an eye opener a few days ago, after I've seen the 6 minute teaser. I've discovered Kang Ha Neul. The one I think I know of him was he does theater/plays.

@KimYoojungxLeeBitna

Same here. Already having second lead syndrome after watching the teaser.

The story itself is intriguing and I got curious. I hope these stars shine with each of their story arcs. Thank you everyone for all the updates and posts.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, meahri66 said:

@maskros

From the teaser, it looks like this adaptation will definitely have some serious story arcs. I sincerely hope that's the case. Like you, I wouldn't mind sitting through heart-wrenching, tear inducing scenes if the drama is well written and the roles are well acted.

Ditto!

Korean dramas are good in delivering love stories, it is actually their forte and it's good for them, but I actually hoped for more depth and meaning out of a drama, so that I'd return to it from time to time because there are always things to be learned and different perspectives to be explored out of it. 

And sorry for being such a nag and though many have voiced their opinions on this issue here and elsewhere I can't help bringing it up again. I hope they give some serious thoughts to the making of the costumes in sageuks in general (I know it's now too late to improve this drama). Am I the only one who is not mesmerised by the costumes even after watching the previews? IMHO I think the producers should tone down the colours of the costumes. What turns me off BIG time in almost all of the sageuks so far is their flashy choice of colours. I'm not sure about real life and someone doing Korean Studies may enlighten me on this, but as far as I know the dyes in ancient time were not that good to provide such a range of colours shown in many sageuks' costumes, hanboks and all. It irks me every single time I watch a sageuk drama that the hanboks are made of bright, almost neon-y colours. I've looked at some old paintings of noble classes in ancient Korea and Chinese, and the colours of clothes are darker in shade and more muted, which may be boring to some people but count as more delicate, appropriate and subtle to me. Actually I have no problem with clothes being baggy at all, coming from a country that shared part of its history and hence a very similar culture  to China and Goryeo (or pre-Joseon Korea), but I do have problems with clothes being too flashy in colours. What partly makes China so good at making historical dramas is their attention to the costumes' details. Apart from a few new historical shows which adopt a modern take on them and go really wild and crazy with their fashion, most other and older shows have stunning and delicate costumes, even if they might not be made out of the best materials due to budget problem. On the other hand, the costumes in many sageuk dramas are just purely bad to me: they are too flamboyant and stiff-looking (well yeah ya know silk is supposed to be soft and flowy no matter how thick they are). Plus the razor sharp folds on the nobles' clothes which scream 'I have been worn for the first time!') don't seem to help them look more legit either.

One Korean sageuk which has done well in costuming for me is the movie 'A Frozen Flower'. I mean just look at the royals' clothes, they are soft and delicate, and the colours blend really well with the surrounding scenery without being flashy at all. Even their wigs look soft and real, and not like they have donned a whole tube of hair gel just on the fringe like what I've seen in LJK's and KHN's hair in the previews. 

Yeah, and whilte we're on the wigs, I hope they don't do that ridiculous thing of putting only the wig for the top half of the men's heads (aka the buns) and most of the time we can still see their cropped hair near the actors' nape, the result of modern day haircut. Men in ancient time wore their hair long and in a bun on top of the head, so there is no way there's a whole lot of cropped hair at the back like that. I hope whichever prince who does not wear their hair down would not have to wear a stiff or half-baked idea of a wig, considering this is a high-budgeted series. x.x

• Like 5

On Saturday, June 11, 2016 at 3:51 PM, Ally said:

Here are some of the best ones that i've found on Youtube  Most of the scenes were still taken from other dramas though haha. But hopefully this helps!

thankyou @Ally but im already hv all video u share above^^

if any youtube video coming new...let share with us again:blush:

• Like 3

On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 6:14 AM, KimYoojungxLeeBitna said:

Good to know that I'm not alone :D It's really hard esp if you like the actor of the 2nd lead already before that drama :o

Don't dive too deep guys. It's hard to see them fall in love and fall apart later. Just hope that 8th prince personality in SHR will be better than in BBJX.

C-version of 8th prince is confusing to me, I am not even sure if he love ruoxi or just see her as ruolan replacement (first time he confess to ruoxi with jade bracelet was after he tried to backhug ruolan but rejected. LoL) and then I thought he like ruoxi so much but when she ask him to give up his ambition, he said noooo. (LoL girl poor you, he just don't value you that much) and when ruoxi confront him about his misbehaved son always bothering ruolan, he get angry with her without trying to check the truth, after the incident with death bird, the first person he suspect was 14th prince (this is totally absurd to the point where I doubt if he is in his right mind at the moment, as everyone know how loyal 14th prince to 8th prince) and the list of how his personality irks me goes on.

I sincerely hope, Haneul character is alot better than this, we all like kang haneul and know he is lovable. Please drama give his character justice. XD 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, peny said:

I sincerely hope, Haneul character is alot better than this, we all like kang haneul and know he is lovable. Please drama give his character justice. XD 

From the trailer I have a feeling that it would be harder for the leading lady to stay away from 8th. SHR 8th seems like husband material, besides that she also has feelings for him. Is mutual. Yeah, in BBJX was also mutual but I don't think he felt that deep in love, there was Ruolan after all. Because of this, considering HaeSoo likes him back, I am more worried for the development of HaeSoo/WangSoo romance. 

And I am really confused because the character description said that Jisso was the one that felt deeply for Hae Soo, and that 8th dates Hae Soo briefly. :huh: Briefly? Well, Yes...14th BBJX really loved and cared for her but I don't know if this time would be the same, considering 13th is confused with Hae Soo also. Hope he gets his couple soon. I am sure he is the one to be couple with Girls Generation Seohyun after all. 

@MoOnLoVeRz Thanks for the photo of the instagram update... they have created a great team. All the fans that have seen them have said there is a great atmosphere between all the cast. ;)

• Like 10