[Drama 2015] The Village: Achiara's Secret 마을- 아치아라의 비밀

larus

I sometimes feel disappointed that dramas with mysterious aura and a new kind of story never gets attention and the ratings are low. The bubbly romantic, used plot lines easily make a win with the right ingredients. I guess people want to enjoy the night with something that would make them happy rather than pondering about a murder when you close your eyes to sleep.

I love this drama.

A question: Who was the lady who slipped the package (of the photos) in JS's hands in the exhibit?

It was HJ who gave herself the pictures!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok if hye jin was adopted who was her birth mother ....the mother she was looking for ..... is JI SOOK :huh:

why grandmother committed suicide ? ....We can't trust that aunt who was discovered by ki hoon...may be hye jin is so yoon and so yoon is hye jin.....grandma brought the wrong girl with her and raised her ...:blink::lol::lol:

from the painting and pregnancy books that were found in hye jin's apartment hint to that hye jin was pregnant....who was father of her child....ji sook husband:crazy:

if hye jin loved ki hoon why would she would sleep with his father ewwwwwwwwww ....to take revenge on him or on ji sook :crazy: 

@riya988  This drama's psychic powers must be infectious.  Look at the post just above your latest one. There I in effect answer your question while you were still thinking of posting it (about why the older sister was left behind, I mean).

So beware everyone: BADUY KNOWS WHAT YOU'RE THINKING. Be careful to think only NICE THOUGHTS, especially about my fallible translating skills....

haha this drama is definitely intriguing with complicated characters....i see everyone as suspect expect woo jae ...that cutie couldn't be the killer ...lolz i hope he is not :sweatingbullets:

I will mention this one point because no one else has, GY mothers flash back of being tied up, gagged and running for her life. Was this to suggest that the serial killer had been around for awhile or was this something else? The man chasing her and the serial killer as well as GH all had on anorak's. Was that a clue or a coincidence? 

I will mention this one point because no one else has, GY mothers flash back of being tied up, gagged and running for her life. Was this to suggest that the serial killer had been around for awhile or was this something else? The man chasing her and the serial killer as well as GH all had on anorak's. Was that a clue or a coincidence? 

I was thinking about that scene too: GY's mother was tied up and chased, but she survived. I was thinking that she might have been raped and Ga Yoon is the result of that rape. The mother hid it from Ga Yoon and the latter thinks, she is the illegitimate child of Seo because of that picture she found.

While I was watching again the episode 3, this time 100% subtitled, the scene between Joo Hee and GW attracted my attention again. In one of my former comments, I had mentioned that Joo Hee would project her own thoughts onto her sister Ji-Sook. Actually, I have more the impression now that Joo Hee is determined to ruin Ji-Sook's reputation.

Joo Hee was surprised to hear that Gi-Hyun was about to become the new chairman of the school. Joo Hee added that JS must have been upset to which GW replied that he never saw Ji-Sook as someone ambitious and greedy. Her sister contradicted him, it was only her appearance, but underneath she was like that. Then she told GW, she would call her sister to make sure, he would get a permament position as teacher. We know that she never called Ji-Sook for that, but her brother-in-law which proves to me that Joo Hee is lying about her sister. Through her last comment, Joo Hee created the impression that Ji-Sook had more influence and more ambition than it appears. Ji-Sook doesn't seem to be interested at all with the business and the school, but the sister is making look like it. To me, Joo Hee is one of the persons who contributed to give Ji-Sook a bad reputation (greedy, ambitious) and since she calls her brother-in-law, she might have misled him as well, like f. ex. the comment to JS, “You didn’t do anything good either.” Ji-Sook was surprised with his words. I can also imagine, Joo Hee could be also the one who made look Ji-Sook bad to the halmoni too.

To conclude, Joo Hee might be jealous of her sister who married a wealthy and important man from Achiara, while she is still unmarried. Then she even got a proposal from GW, but she refused it saying that he was a conman. But what if... she wants to get rid of Ji-Sook and take her place! We shouldn't forget that Joo Hee knew Han HJ as well and they were close. Maybe, HJ thought, Ji-Sook had been the one behind the secret due to Ji-Sook's bad reputation and confined to the wrong person, Joo Hee. The photos were a set-up and the goal was to upset Ji-Sook. Maybe HJ's death was to accuse Ji-Sook to be behind it, getting rid of the mistress... even her daughter Yoo-Na is suspecting her. 

What do you think?

The village ep 4 

"The Village: Achiara's Secret" Did On Joo-wan murder Jang Hee-jin?

photo644182.jpg

On Joo-wan was pointed out as the suspect who killed Jang Hee-jin.

On the fourth episode of the SBS drama "The Village: Achiara's Secret", investigations took place when Ga-yeong (Lee Yeol-eum) pointed out to Agassi (Choi Jae-woong) as the one who killed Hye-jin (Jang Hee-jin).

So-yoon forced entry to Agassi's home and attempted to save Yoo-na (Ahn Seo-hyeon). She hit Agassi from behind when he was standing over Yoo-na. Wo-jae (Yook Seong-jae) and his fellow police officer arrived and they were able to get out safely.

Ji-sook (Sin Eun-kyeong) got to the police station and yelled, "Do you think I hate Kim Hye-jin because she had an affair with your father? Then I would have hated half the women in this village". She then saw a vision of the dead Hye-jin and was shocked. Ji-sook then went to Joo-hee (Jang So-yeon) and quarreled about Kim Hye-jin's death.

Meanwhile, So-yoon sought for the whereabouts of her sister So-jeong. So-yoon made her way to the Hope Orphanage thinking of finding her there but So-jeong had already left when she was in tenth grade.

Someone who claimed to have been with So-jeong then said, "I heard So-jeong went crazy while waiting for her sister's letter in Canada. Why didn't you send her a letter? She went totally crazy in the end. She didn't even leave the post box. She didn't eat, didn't sleep and it was scary. In the end she said she was going to find her mother".

In the end, Agassi, whom everyone suspected, wasn't the criminal. He was just a pervert who was curious about Hye-jin. Woo-jae decided to expand his investigation. He asked Agassi a lot of questions found out Ki-hyeon (On Joo-wan) was the last person to have seen Kim Hye-jin before she died so he was a likely suspect.

Meanwhile, "The Village: Achiara's Secret" is a mystery thriller about the secrets of the village Achiara.

I have just finished watching the episode 4 and I liked it. Sure, now I am expecting that So Yoon discovers that HJ was her older sister so that she wants to find the murderer of her sister. Funny is that Ki-Hyun is helping her without knowing her connection to HJ. However, like javabeans from dramabeans mentioned it, I don't think that Ki-.Hyun is the culprit.

Moreover, this isn't really surprising that he knew HJ. In the episode 3, I had already noticed how uncomfortable he was, when he dropped So Yoon at her place because he recognised the place. I had already said that even if he was supposed to be in the States, doesn't mean he wasn't around when she disappeared. Maybe he was the one who asked HJ to stage the pictures since I can sense his hatred/desdain for his father. He spoke so warmly about JS, but told his father, he had no idea that he (Ki-Hyun) had been running away so many times.

I have been wondering now why the young lady had been following So Yoon. He was there, when she arrived from Canada and followed her in Achiara. How did he know it? I am quite sure, he didn't tell everything to Woo Jae. 

@baduy, it was quite a clear explanation of the many things Yuna does that show how she doesn't care one bit for the traditional norms of respect. I actually find it great fun to see her actions and words.

There is one particle which has always surprised me because of the lack of stress on politeness when it us used. That is 아니라 . Not sure if it is technically a particle, but it sets up a contrast with what precedes it and what follows it. The interesting thing is that a 요 is never added to it regardless of the situation. I noticed it first in a scene in DongYi where the lead lady said an 아니라 to the Joseon king.  I started noticing it ever since, and could never figure out how Koreans who are so well-trained to unconsciously use 요 at all other similar places can make themselves say such an impolite-sounding 아니라. How do such exceptions develop historically, I wonder.

So as not to irritate those who are only here for the kissing scenes (if they ever happen...), I'll spoiler this reply

아니라 (anira) isn't termed a particle, because it's a verbal expression in its own right (= "is not") but in the cases you've spotted it's used in a specific grammatical context where it can logically never be the main verb and hence never takes a politeness particle (or a tense marker). Not even when it appears to stand in a sentence of its own, because such a sentence is always in fact dependent on another (occasionally only implied, but nevertheless present in the speaker's and hearer's mind), which has the true main verb.

The basic pattern  is A 아니라 B meaning "not A but B". Though the "but B" may not always be explicitly added, it is always plainly implied. Hence in a situation where, say, two students are possible culprits and a teacher wrongly accuses one rather than the other in the presence of both, the aggrieved innocent party might protest 제가 아니라, 선생님! which looks like a free-standing sentence, but isn't because there's an understood "it was someone else" which would carry both the tense and the politeness markers if it were explicitly there. An alternative form of this expression is 아니고 , which also never takes tense or politeness marking, for the same reason.

So Yoon has been telling people about her family's car accident: Ki-Hyun, Ji-Sook, Woo Jae, Yoo Na. So I guess, Achiara's inhabitants will hear about it very soon, especially, as soon as So yoon has discovered her relationship with HJ, so that she might become in danger since HJ came to that village in order to discover the reason behind the accident and Achiara's secret.

I still dislike Joo Hee, the way she tried to put a blame on Ji-Sook for not feeling guilty and relieved, yet she was like that too. To me, Joo Hee seems more cunning and cold-hearted than Ji-Sook. Do you think that Ji-Sook has the same ability than Yoo-Na? She also saw HJ as a ghost which implies to me that she is definitely not involved in her death. Maybe HJ suspected her due to her bad reputation. 

As for Woo Jae, he is still "green" but so warm, sincere and honest that So Yoon will be in need for his support, the deeper she tries to unveil the truth, the more depressed she will get. With Woo Jae's personality, she will be able to overcome her fear, distress and anger. 

Interesting is that Yoo-Na criticised Ki-Hyun for being in appearance so sincere... so he seems to be different from Woo Jae. Are his concerns for Yoo Na and So yoon really sincere or only fake? 

To conclude, Joo Hee might be jealous of her sister who married a wealthy and important man from Achiara, while she is still unmarried. Then she even got a porposal from GW, but she refused it saying that he was a conman. But what if... she wants to get rid of Ji-Sook and take her place! We shouldn't forget that Joo Hee knew Han HJ as well and they were close. Maybe, HJ thought, Ji-Sook had been the one behind the secret due to Ji-Sook's bad reputation and confined to the wrong person, Joo Hee. The photos were a set-up and the goal was to upset Ji-Sook. Maybe HJ's death was to accuse Ji-Sook to be behind it, getting rid of the mistress... even her daughter Yoo-Na is suspecting her. 

What do you think?

I agree I think Joo Hee is completely jealous and envious of her sister and wouldn't be surprised at all if she was the one taking the pictures of HJ with her husband. Someone else mentioned the possibility of JS being HJ mother and I can see Joo Hee helping to perpetuate that idea as well as encouraging the relationship between JH and YN to further annoy JS. 

@IBELIS There is also something else: Joo Hee is very close to Pa Woo. She even changed his medication and he slept so deeply as if she didn't want him to wander around at night and stop him from meeting YN. She knows that Pa Woo trusts her. The way she looked at him through the window was in total contradiction to the way he looked at her: his gentle gesture revealed warmth and affection, but she had just a poker face. Moreover, who is Pa Woo's mother?

The second episode of this drama was named children. So I have been thinking that the children like YN, Pa Woo, So Yoon, HJ and Ga Young will be the ones who will unveil the truth.

About Woo Jae, well, we only know that he has no friend and no family. But was he born in Achiara or did he come from somewhere else? 

Finally, I have noticed that there are a lot of children who have either no mother or no father:

- So Yoon lost her parents

- Ki Hyun lost his mother

- Ga Young lives with her single mother; father unknown

- Woo Jae is also without family

- HJ has only a mother who didn't contact her in 5 years

- Pa Woo lives alone with his father

- Seo's father is also dead: he only has his mother 

4. [+446, -17] The drama would be total darkness without Yook Sungjae. Casting him did wonders

Exactly...What was that scene in the car! That scene of ga young with the art teacher was so freakish...What was that blood for? Sorry that I'm being direct about this..but I don't understand that scene at all.

why grandmother committed suicide ? ....We can't trust that aunt who was discovered by ki hoon...may be hye jin is so yoon and so yoon is hye jin.....grandma brought the wrong girl with her and raised her ...:blink::lol::lol:

Are we sure she did commit suicide?  That opening sequence had so much missing. Old lady's brains spread over sidewalk. Cut to SY identifying body in morgue and going BOO HOO HOO GRANNY!.  Then next thing, having looked through Granny's things, she's off to get a job in Korea. No mention of anything like an inquest... Or a suicide note. So... did Granny jump, or was she pushed?  Wasn't SY even interested to find out?   If Granny killed herself, why did she just leave that telltale letter in her private drawer along with her bank books and stuff?  Why not destroy it first if she planned to die, or flag it up for her granddaughter's attention if she wanted her to find it?  Suggests to me she was pushed...

I don't think the 'wrong girl' theory can stand up, at least not in the sane version you suggest  (My own suggestion, which is clearly a product of excessive KDrama watching induced paranoia and so probably  best ignored, is coming up in a second... )  SY's folks adopted one girl because they thought the couldn't have a child of their own.  But then, a few years later, along came a second girl. So the younger of the two sisters has to be the non-adopted one. Unless Granny was very dim, she wouldn't have had any difficulty knowing which one was  was her daughters biological child.

HOWEVER.... I thought  long and hard before translating one line of SY's paternal aunt in the snippet a spot translated.  It's rather oddly phrased in the original. After saying she had to tell the older sister that she honestly didn't know who her biological mother was, she added

그 아이 그래도 너희 아빠는 친아빠로 알고 있었는데

That means, literally, "That girl nevertheless knew  your (plural, encompassing both sisters) father as  [your/her] biological father. " (plus that "imminent continuation particle" I rambled on about earlier in the thread, implying here the unspoken continuation like "so I don't see why she was so utterly devastated to find your didn't share a mother.")  Well, and here's my crazy paranoid contribution, she doesn't say that both girl's father was the man they called father, namely her brother. All she claims is that they did indeed have a common biological father. So how's this for a totally screwy theory; suppose the woman the older sister called Mommy wasn't her biological mother -- as we now apparently know to be that case -- BUT the man SY called Daddy wasn't her biological father, or her sister's either, but some other man...?  I.e they were both fathered by someone else...  And SY's MATERNAL granny knew that, so she saw no reason to take care of the older sister at all, because neither that girl's father nor her mother was blood-related to her (whereas SY, as her daughter's biological child, was).  That would make Granny a tad less heartlessly cruel if still somewhat unkind. But that's what living in the "individualistic" West does to you in the Kdrama scheme of things.

OK, nuts, I know, but we all know what watching so much of this stuff does to the brain.

Guest skeletonworks

First of all, I will talk about ratings. Im a little disappointed about this rating. Why is it so low?? Im kind of a person who really care about rating, but I wont give up on a drama based this rating. Hope this week, the rating will rise. So I will be happy.....I really love this kind of drama. Achiara remains me of SBS 2014 Drama Gods Gift 14 Days. Until the end of eps, you wont be able to guess whos the real culprit. You will doubt everyone, even the male or female lead. Back then God’s Gift also had a low rating. I can’t recall what the competitor drama, but for me God’s Gift was masterpiece, i rooted this drama until the end.

Second, i read some bad news about the male lead. Truthfully, besides MGY, OJW and the male lead’s sunbae in police station (Whos his name? Im sorry, i still not remember their character name), I don’t know the rest of the cast. MGY, we never doubt her acting ability. OJW, i saw him once on SBS 2015 Drama, Punch, where I really want to kill him. Hahahaaa... I don’t know how to judge acting ability, but so far for the first 2 eps, all the cast just doing well.

The rating is low probably because it's not the typical Kdrama romcom? I always thought this kind of premise invites low rating despite the brilliant storyline. I'll have to check out God's Gift now that you've mentioned it. Who's the male lead in this drama? I thought there was none XD Is it the Congressman's eldest son? Or Sungjae? I thought Sungjae was 2nd lead? Speaking of Sungjae.... He's like the only person that brightens up this whole messed up gloomy mood of the drama.

8. [+229, -12] This could bethe scariest drama I've seen in recent years. Scarier than 'God's Gift' and 'Sign'ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ SBS makes the best dramas of this genre

"Sign" is one of the best kdrama I've watched. Immensely intense until towards the end. Now I'm gonna go and watched God's Gift.

No one doing live recap here? hufttt.. 

Where are you YSJ fans??????? On "who are you school 2015" i see a lot his fans. But now, where are you? On that forum ppl started war for YSJ ?? Zzzzzzzz i didnt understand, a lot ppl said their love ysj, but no one doing live recap here for ysj? 

(By the way, Im not his fans, hahaha.. Im on Nam joo hyuk side) 

I think you're hugely mistaken. They are Taekwang shippers, not really YSJ... Do you see a Taekwang in Achiara? No right? That's why you don't see TK's shippers do live recapping here :-> They're probably a fan of the character, not the actor himself. Maybe they'll be back if there's School 2016 with a TK character in it :-)

1. [+1,512, -61] Fun drama but everyone is suspicious ㅜㅜ

True enough. I suspect everyone now! 

I haven't watched episode 4 yet because Viki is still at 93%. With this kind of drama, I need the sub to be 100% so that I won't miss anything at all because everything said in this drama is important. I might watch my cable channel in 2 hours. They're airing episode 4 of Achiara. Once I watch that, I might throw a bunch of questions and theories here. Because it's fun coming up with theories and discuss with the rest of the fans here :-D

Agasshi is definitely not our a.k.a walnut guy or a.k.a crazy serial killer ...the director is giving hints but also misleading viewers...

check this ....different clothing ...from agasshi expression its seems the walnut guy was in the car with him...maybe he is someone who works with the police ....the scene at the police station when we see agasshi toying with walnut's in his hands maybe someone gave him... haha director n writer both misleading viewers for sure...

3oEduMFSWQwPdv3gUU.gif

well who that person could be .....

my guess ...pls excuse my badly edited picture...:phew:

i think its woo jae ....sunbae ....kim min jae ...i don't remember his character name...sorry

Untitled_po.png

village1_00182_CCDb.png

No_Tears_for_the_Dead_Kim_Min_Jae.jpg

why they are revealing walnut guy identity so soon....that too epi four... fishy fishy i don't think agasshi is the one who is stalking so yoon....

Are we sure she did commit suicide?  That opening sequence had so much missing. Old lady's brains spread over sidewalk. Cut to SY identifying body in morgue and going BOO HOO HOO GRANNY!.  Then next thing, having looked through Granny's things, she's off to get a job in Korea. No mention of anything like an inquest... Or a suicide note. So... did Granny jump, or was she pushed?  Wasn't SY even interested to find out?   If Granny killed herself, why did she just leave that telltale letter in her private drawer along with her bank books and stuff?  Why not destroy it first if she planned to die, or flag it up for her granddaughter's attention if she wanted her to find it?  Suggests to me she was pushed...

I don't think the 'wrong girl' theory can stand up, at least not in the sane version you suggest  (My own suggestion, which is clearly a product of excessive KDrama watching induced paranoia and so probably  best ignored, is coming up in a second... )  SY's folks adopted one girl because they thought the couldn't have a child of their own.  But then, a few years later, along came a second girl. So the younger of the two sisters has to be the non-adopted one. Unless Granny was very dim, she wouldn't have had any difficulty knowing which one was  was her daughters biological child.

HOWEVER.... I thought  long and hard before translating one line of SY's paternal aunt in the snippet a spot translated.  It's rather oddly phrased in the original. After saying she had to tell the older sister that she honestly didn't know who her biological mother was, she added

그 아이 그래도 너희 아빠는 친아빠로 알고 있었는데

That means, literally, "That girl nevertheless knew  your (plural, encompassing both sisters) father as  [your/her] biological father. " (plus that "imminent continuation particle" I rambled on about earlier in the thread, implying here the unspoken continuation like "so I don't see why she was so utterly devastated to find your didn't share a mother.")  Well, and here's my crazy paranoid contribution, she doesn't say that both girl's father was the man they called father, namely her brother. All she claims is that they did indeed have a common biological father. So how's this for a totally screwy theory; suppose the woman the older sister called Mommy wasn't her biological mother -- as we now apparently know to be that case -- BUT the man SY called Daddy wasn't her biological father, or her sister's either, but some other man...?  I.e they were both fathered by someone else...  And SY's MATERNAL granny knew that, so she saw no reason to take care of the older sister at all, because neither that girl's father nor her mother was blood-related to her (whereas SY, as her daughter's biological child, was).  That would make Granny a tad less heartlessly cruel if still somewhat unkind. But that's what living in the "individualistic" West does to you in the Kdrama scheme of things.

OK, nuts, I know, but we all know what watching so much of this stuff does to the brain.

haha yes @baduy  we can't be sure if she committed suicide or was killed by someone ....this makes me suspect so yoon too...maybe there is dark secret about her personality too...:sweatingbullets:

BUT the man SY called Daddy wasn't her biological father, or her sister's either, but some other man...?  I.e they were both fathered by someone else... this drama has too much birth secrets arghhhhhh pulling-hair-smiley-emoticon.gif

Archived