[Drama 2015] The Village: Achiara's Secret 마을- 아치아라의 비밀

larus

I guess, Young Lady will run through the woods and go to the walnut tree!

He would be quite stupid to do so, actually. Agasshi knows WJ knows where the tree is, since they met there, before. He also knows the police connects the tree to a crime, thanks to WJ having been very trusting of the cross-dresser. And since Agasshi would know very well, which crimes the walnuts would be connected to, being the culprit and all, he would have to be quite out of his mind to run to one of the places the police are certain to connect to him.

But that carpenter looks a bit young to me to be the art teacher's father? He even has a young son

It was confirmed the carpenter is in his 50s. So the age difference does seem plausible to me.

But he was stupid enough to take the bait from the police. He also left a can with his fingerprint! Actually, he knows he is on the run. He took SY because he still had these urges. He told WJ that the walnuts helped him to think and when he met WJ under the walnut tree, he was definitely thinking. IT might look stupid, but he is so much under pressure and on the run! He doesn't know that WJ is after him as well.  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He would be quite stupid to do so, actually. Agasshi knows WJ knows where the tree is, since they met there, before. He also knows the police connects the tree to a crime, thanks to WJ having been very trusting of the cross-dresser. And since Agasshi would know very well, which crimes the walnuts would be connected to, being the culprit and all, he would have to be quite out of his mind to run to one of the places the police are certain to connect to him.

But he was stupid enough to take the bait from the police. He also left a can with his fingerprint! Actually, he knows he is on the run. He took SY because he still had this urges. He told WJ that the walnuts helped him to think and when he met WJ under the walnut tree, he was definitely thinking. IT might look stupid, but he is so much under pressure and on the run! He doesn't know that WJ is after him as well.  

Since WJ was the one who was looking for the walnut tree and said it was connected to a criminal, the logical conclusion would be WJ is after that criminal. Also, since WJ and officer Han are likely to arrive first at Agasshi's shack, being the ones located nearest and WJ already looking for teacher SY, WJ's knowledge of places associated with Agasshi would naturally be the first to be looked at.

As for the bait and the fingerprint - Agasshi's whole operation is disguised as a used books salesman, the order placed by the police is not the first he has taken. And the police did not exactly sign their order as "the police force looking to arrest you". The scheme has worked until then, so Agasshi probably did not suspect the police had found the connection. That's also the reason he felt free to have the drink at the post office and throw the can away there. The moment he suspected something gone wrong, he had to make it out of there as fast as possible and would not have had the time to go through the trash to retrieve the can.

You can say he was stupid, I'll say his scheme had worked well enough before, so he did feel safe to follow the established pattern.

But that carpenter looks a bit young to me to be the art teacher's father? He even has a young son

It was confirmed the carpenter is in his 50s. So the age difference does seem plausible to me.

what if it is a reverse logic, and the police have the same thought as you that agasshi won't go there because WJ already know about the connection between the walnut and him, then that walnut tree will be the safest place to hide for a while :lol: I dont know anymore, thinking too much make me hungry all the time.

@gnixfim @peny We'll see what Young Lady will do. However, if he wants to escape, he will have to flee into the woods, since SY's car was in front of his house and car!

But to me, this walnut tree is important and it might play a part in order to catch the killer/rapist! Like the serial killer said, this tree is uncommon. Noone knew about its existence!! Someone took a cutting and planted it on that tree so that the walnut tree was different. In Germany, there is this custom to plant a tree, when you've got a child! 

@gnixfim @peny We'll see what Young Lady will do. However, if he wants to escape, he will have to flee into the woods, since SY's car was in front of his house and car!

But to me, this walnut tree is important and it might play a part in order to catch the killer/rapist! Like the serial killer said, this tree is uncommon. Noone knew about its existence!! Someone took a cutting and planted it on that tree so that the walnut tree was different. In Germany, there is this custom to plant a tree, when you've got a child! 

oh, i have an idea what if that two walnut tree which merged into one symbolize him and his sister. Kang pil sung (ahjusshi and kang juhui) they are twins, and the one who did the killing when agasshi was first captured actually JH. they work together to lure SY to achiara, its so weird when SY first arrived in the village her first encounter was with JH and agasshi (why would JH went out of her pharmacy during rainy wednesday night), maybe agasshi help to kill SY grandma in canada using the address under JH possesion. its too much of coincidence that SY grandma died in september one year after HJ death. why september out of all month? the month of HJ disappearance? PicsArt_1448056763577_zps1egguoga.jpg

SY grandma had the windows washer tools with her when she fell, but the rope is suspicious too, it seemed cut off to me, maybe this is not just an ordinary work accident.

edit: i take back my theory on JH and agasshi being a twins, i checked in ep.13 they said agasshi is 34years old, JH definitely older. LoL

i feel like i just writing fiction about they are being twins :lol:

Guest my2centsworth

@MissAria I'm beginning to think that the newspaper report could just be lazy reporting by the reporter. They didn't bother to get their facts straight. This kind of thing happens often even now in our lives. And also that the whole car crash was purely an accident. Nothing orchestrated by anyone. Their parents aren't any characters mentioned further in the show, thus of no significance to the story, and if someone were to try kill the little girls, why then they didn't make sure the girls (or the whole family) died? The two girls were sent to the hospital, then one picked up by relative, and another sent to orphanage.

As for the text message, I think someone mentioned before that Agasshi made it as if WJ was texting from his phone. The text started with "This is Officer PWJ. I found a clue. Come to Agasshi's house quickly". If it were sent from his own mobile, there is no need to identify himself.

It also wouldn't make any sense if it was a boy because they've made it pretty clear that HJ is the daughter of JS's mom

Actually, this isn't confirmed. No one has confirmed that HJ is Baengi Ajumma's daughter. The viewers are led to believe that just because everyone in the show has assumed so because of the clues laid out so far. I've posted earlier that only 3 persons know the truth of who gave birth to the baby, ie. JS, Baengi Ajumma, the rapist. JS has never said HJ is her sister, she could just be following along what other people had assumed. She only refers to HJ as having blood relations. Even if she did say HJ is her sister, she could be lying. We won't know for sure until confirmation from her mother, or the rapist. Note that JS's character description only gives her estimated age, not an exact age. I'm sure that was done purposely.

Thanks for saying that....I too  am not convince that the Ajumma is the mother to KHJ. I think JS gave birth to her. She was a teenager and could have been the rape victim. Ga Young's mom was 19 years younger than she is now which could also make her a teenager. That would make the rapist go after teenage girls. In the scene where SY confronts JS about her relationship with KHJ, JS admits to the relationship but that's all. ( I could be wrong about this, but I think that is the way it happened). JS is being haunted by KHJ and I believe that because of her being the mother to her and/or she killed her. I have 3 suspects for the killer of HKJ....1) JS    2) the grandmother/ mother to CW  or  3) CW.

We only have a few esps left. Answers are going to be coming at us at all directions !

Oh, do you think they will all arrive at KPS aka Young lady or my name for him....Walnuts, at the same time and rescue SY?

I'll be very sad if KPS, (Walnuts) is indeed the serial killer. I like his character and think he is sad and pitiful. He must have had a terrible childhood, no matter if he's a killer or not. But think about this ! KPS knows when the killer is going to strike and is nearby so he can help them die  "happy" with his homemade drug. He loves pretty girls and wants to be one. He hates seeing them sad. Just because I like him, it seams I am making excuses for him. I'm not, I just don't want him to be a killer. A wild thought that he hit SY over the head so he could give her his happy drug because she has been so sad and he tried to help KHJ and couldn't while she was so sad, so this is the only way he knows to stop SY from being sad. KPS is a very sick man. He needs help. And I am hoping the writer will not make him the killer and he will end up in a hospital getting the help he needs.

Thanks for saying that....I too  am not convince that the Ajumma is the mother to KHJ. I think JS gave birth to her. She was a teenager and could have been the rape victim. Ga Young's mom was 19 years younger than she is now which could also make her a teenager. That would make the rapist go after teenage girls.

GY's mother said she had been married for a month when she was raped. It would be very curious indeed if she had still been a teenager at that time. It's much more probable she had already reached her majority.

@peny I really like your theory! crazy monkeyThis could be a great twist, especially when we all were wondering that two killings were different from the 6 others. Let's get more creativescroll r pink mouse Here I am adding points that could confirm your idea:

- KPS and KJH share the same name! Kang...

- Then Kang Pil Sung mentioned to KHJ that he had been abandoned by his mother! Maybe Baengi Ahjumma decided to split the twins. She would keep JH and the father would take KPS.

- Why did he come to Achiara in the first place, if he had such weird habits? He became an outcast, yet why didn't he leave the village? If he had a relative, this would explain why he wanted to stay in Achiara! He wanted to get close to his family... especially his twin sister.

- One possible explanation is when he was on jejudo, he met ahgassi and he found out through him that he had a twin sister and decided to find her. I mean, the carpenter belonged to the village and must have known Baengi ahjumma. 

- Moreover, this would reinforce the idea that JS had been his victim and not Baengi ahjumma.

- Like you mentioned, both knew that the sister was in Canada. JH had the address.

- With this theory, the crossdressing could be explained. Since he had been abandoned by his mother, he has internalised that she didn't want him because he was a boy. Dressed as a woman is a way for him to cope: if he had been a woman, his mother would have accepted him. If he is dressed like a woman, maybe he will get accepted. Yet the problem is that it had the opposite effect.

- Finally since KPS is an outcast, who would help him in order to give him an alibi, when he was suspected? He is alone and the carpenter doesn't like him showing up at his place. A twin sister who was happy to have a brother that cared for her enough to look for her! We know, she suffered in her childhood too. She was looked down by people. These have a similar life's experience. The different MO proves that they are two murderers. scroll l pink mouse

So what do you think, Sherlock?panda 01

I wished, JS would lose everything in the end!! The way she treated her own daughter and her sisters is so revolting!!!:angry:get out crazy rabbit

What I don't understand is that sergeant Han never suspected, GY's mother had been raped... although, he was there, when she had just escaped from the rapist! :blink:

So far, what I liked in this episode:

- We have two scenes with SY and KH together.

- WJ is working more and more for the case with the walnuts serial killer (walnut tree)

- JS is revealing more and more her true face: selfish, self-centered, greedy aso.

Hello All Back Reading here But @bebebisous33,  JS sister isn't any better making money of the dead and using the innocent for her own personal benefit..

@valsava You're right! JH isn't great either. She gave BW the wrong medicine or used KHJ's death for her greed! However, to me, she is more human than JS, because she shows some concern to GW and she was definitely upset, when she heard about KHJ's illness. Finally, JH was shocked, when she discovered the baby, while her sister stayed apathic and showed no concern at all.

@peny I really like your theory! crazy monkeyThis could be a great twist, especially when we all were wondering that two killings were different from the 6 others. Let's get more creativescroll r pink mouse Here I am adding points that could confirm your idea:

- Then Kang Pil Sung mentioned to KHJ that he had been abandoned by his mother! Maybe Baengi Ahjumma decided to split the twins. She would keep JH and the father would take KPS.

- Why did he come to Achiara in the first place, if he had such weird habits? He became an outcast, yet why didn't he leave the village? If he had a relative, this would explain why he wanted to stay in Achiara! He wanted to get close to his family... especially his twin sister.

- One possible explanation is when he was on jejudo, he met ahgassi and he found out through him that he had a twin sister and decided to find her. I mean, the carpenter belonged to the village and must have known Baengi ahjumma. 

- Moreover, this would reinforce the idea that JS had been his victim and not Baengi ahjumma.

- Like you mentioned, both knew that the sister was in Canada. JH had the address.

- With this theory, the crossdressing could be explained. Since he had been abandoned by his mother, he has internalised that she didn't want him because he was a boy. Dressed as a woman is a way for him to cope: if he had been a woman, his mother would have accepted him. If he is dressed like a woman, maybe he will get accepted. Yet the problem is that it had the opposite effect.

- Finally since KPS is an outcast, who would help him to give him an alibi, when he was suspected? He is alone and the carpenter doesn't like showing up at his place. A twin sister who was happy to have a brother that cared for her enough to look for her! We know, she suffered in her childhood too. She was looked down by people. These have a similar life's experience. The different MO proves that they are two murderers. scroll l pink mouse

I am no sherlock..kekeke...

but when i checked ep.13 the profile of kang pil sung that is registered in the police databank show us.. he is 34 years old. I think JH is older. :( they are likely not twins. there is still possibility that they are sibling though. Thankss bebe sunbaenim for all the points to support my idea. Based on our assumption, there is a high chance JH and agasshi related in some waýs.

You are more creative than me... :wub:

Guest adikkeluangman

Moon Geun Young pose remind me of her poster in movie The Tale of Two Sister. Here the cast poster of this drama with Choi Won Hong picture.

Choi Won Hong still from EP2

@peny ...The girl in the background of the photo of PD Lee is so creepy looking in a beautiful way. She could pass off as those psycho killer stalker ex. Girlfriend type. 

It's kim hye jin !probably giving her ghost like death stare. I watch the drama on mute sometimes because the music creeeps me out. Right now theres not much romance .. i wonder if theree will be.... woo jae and han so youn .... ??? There is no hints. 

this pair is no bad :D

Screenshot_2015-11-21-21-02-32-1_zpsauyd

but I prefer this one more :wub: squeee...SY hands compared to GH hands, its like his two times bigger than hers...writernim why not you make them hold hands? :phew:

Screenshot_2015-11-21-21-03-50-1_zpsvnbf

a bonus for you...art teacher and english teacher pairing :lol:

Screenshot_2015-11-21-20-58-58-1_zpss6rm

Actually, this isn't confirmed. No one has confirmed that HJ is Baengi Ajumma's daughter. The viewers are led to believe that just because everyone in the show has assumed so because of the clues laid out so far. I've posted earlier that only 3 persons know the truth of who gave birth to the baby, ie. JS, Baengi Ajumma, the rapist. JS has never said HJ is her sister, she could just be following along what other people had assumed. She only refers to HJ as having blood relations. Even if she did say HJ is her sister, she could be lying. We won't know for sure until confirmation from her mother, or the rapist. Note that JS's character description only gives her estimated age, not an exact age. I'm sure that was done purposely.

Hmmm that's true that JS didn't say they were sisters but when SY went to JH and called HJ her sister she didn't deny it either? Although of course they could have just cut that part but it doesn't seem that way. Plus from the flashback/dream that JH had JS's indifference and overall attitude just doesn't seem like she had just given birth, because I would think that if she was raped and suddenly gave birth her attitude would be a bit different from what was shown. Of course this whole theory depends on whether that scene was a hidden memory or just a phychic dream since JH probably has a bit of the psychic powers or what not that her mother was scorned for.

But don't get me wrong, from the beginning I also had guessed that JS is HJ's mother as well and I agree the ambiguous age of JS was a big indicator. 

Well either way, they are related we just don't know how complicated it is ^^

I have been wrong several times with this drama. So I could be wrong now, but went back and watch the scene twice and it still looks like a boy to me. It look as if the umbilical cord appears to be higher up around the belly area. As far as seeing the genitalia area on infants, I have seen it before. I will put on my thinking cap on and try to remember which dramas. But recently, a couple of weeks ago a male character in the drama "Run Jang Mi" went home to visit his father and his girlfriend saw a picture of her boyfriend when an infant on the wall where it show him nude (his male parts) showing. It was a cute scene and he took it from the wall and asked his father he would have it there for everyone to see. His father relied that he was proud of his son after his wife had given him all girls. There was also a drama (long time ago and don't remember the title) where a father took his young son to bath house and it show him nude too.

Sorry for multiplies comments. Computer acting up.

Yeah, and if you pause at a certain time frame you can see that the cord from the belly area extend down between the legs. Or at least it looks that way to me.

Capture%202_zpsuuwnnuzk.png

Really?! That's interesting, its just usually the drama's I've seen have censored the parts. Then again I haven't really seen that many dramas where infant genitalia are exposed so who knows. 

And now that I think about it, they would kinda have to show it or have verbal confirmation (which hasn't happened yet T_T cause they like to torture us) of the gender of the baby in order for the hint to work. 
I still think it's a girl, even though it is kinda hard to tell from the image, because it really wouldn't make any sense for it to be a boy unless they're going to introduce some other random character at this point in time which seems very unlikely. Because there aren't any male characters that are HJ's age right? 

@ Andy ... 

The village is indeed a beautiful story..educate the masses how abandoned children feel and the probkems they may encounter when they grow older.. in search of their roots, their biological parents etc.

Another point to note, the mistakes they may unknowingly commit incest, cases where parents may marry their own kids or marry among siblings. And even worse if their not knowing the enemies identities and commit murder witout realising the victim may be their own parents or siblings!

@ Andy ... 

The village is indeed a beautiful story..educate the masses how abandoned children feel and the probkems they may encounter when they grow older.. in search of their roots, their biological parents etc.

Another point to note, the mistakes they may unknowingly commit incest, cases where parents may marry their own kids or marry among siblings. And even worse if their not knowing the enemies identities and commit murder witout realising the victim may be their own parents or siblings!

Guest my2centsworth

- Finally since KPS is an outcast, who would help him in order to give him an alibi, when he was suspected? He is alone and the carpenter doesn't like him showing up at his place. A twin sister who was happy to have a brother that cared for her enough to look for her! We know, she suffered in her childhood too. She was looked down by people. These have a similar life's experience. The different MO proves that they are two murderers. scroll l pink mouse

Can't rule out anything in this drama. It's had all of us going in circles trying to figure how everyone was connected. Love your view. Gives me something to think about. We have to soon figure this all out as we only have a few more esps. It will help of find out if we are graduates of Sherlock University....lol

Archived