[Drama 2015/2016] I Have A Lover 애인있어요

irilight

Infidelity is messy and hurting but I think she truly loves JE. This story so far showed us the ways how two women approached their husbands who are having extra marital affairs.

I agree thats messy and hurting...and level of that depends on how much you love your husband...JE sister with her husband is more partners in plots then husband and wife in love, when he cheats on her he maybe hurts her pride and makes her angry but not heartbroken as JE makes HK

I feel like HK is not merely fighting for JE cos of love. HK does love JE, but that's not all there is to HK. I feel the calculative, ambitious vibe in her. I mean, after she has witnessed JE cheating on her, rejecting her and going for another gal, she still wants him. Moreover, she started her desire to have another kid with JE right after the convo with Jin Ri, who said she'll be cold turkey if she has no future generation to hang onto their fam's wealth. 

I don't think so...if she was calculative i think she would say to him that he can have affair with the girl but to stay in marriage with her...or would pretend not to know anything just to keep him 

• Like 7

Infidelity is messy and hurting but I think she truly loves JE. This story so far showed us the ways how two women approached their husbands who are having extra marital affairs.

I agree thats messy and hurting...and level of that depends on how much you love your husband...JE sister with her husband is more partners in plots then husband and wife in love, when he cheats on her he maybe hurts her pride and makes her angry but not heartbroken as JE makes HK

I feel like HK is not merely fighting for JE cos of love. HK does love JE, but that's not all there is to HK. I feel the calculative, ambitious vibe in her. I mean, after she has witnessed JE cheating on her, rejecting her and going for another gal, she still wants him. Moreover, she started her desire to have another kid with JE right after the convo with Jin Ri, who said she'll be cold turkey if she has no future generation to hang onto their fam's wealth. 

I don't think so...if she was calculative i think she would say to him that he can have affair with the girl but to stay in marriage with her...or would pretend not to know anything just to keep him 

But HK wants her cake and wants to eat it too...in this, I mean she loves JE, but she also loves the wealth and power his fam bg gives her. Coming from a messed up and poor fam, the latter is a big appeal factor.

And because she loves JE too, besides being after more than JE himself, that's why it hurts her to have JE cheat on her, and not love her back. Don't you think?

• Like 5

But HK wants her cake and wants to eat it too...in this, I mean she loves JE, but she also loves the wealth and power his fam bg gives her. Coming from a messed up and poor fam, the latter is a big appeal factor.

And because she loves JE too, besides being after more than JE himself, that's why it hurts her to have JE cheat on her, and not love her back. Don't you think?

She would be just mad in that case not hurt and in tears i think...beside i didn't see her so happy in his house and with his family...

• Like 8

I haven't watched eps 3 and 4 yet, so I'm not sure if any further light has been shed about HK/JE and their past..

Losing loved ones can be a livelong trauma, difficult to shake the memory off. So this will be SR's nightmare too when she marries JE. JE will snap out suddenly and realise that HK also is suffering the same in her own ways.

Well-said about losing a loved one, and about SR's upcoming nightmare. But I'm not sure of JE snapping out of not knowing that HK suffered just as he did or still does. IMO JE is aware that HK suffered as he did over the loss of their lil girl. What he can't understand is why HK chose to shut out her grief, and also shut out the rest, including him, in so far as the hurt the death brought her.

With this he will feel guilty of not being beside her to share their common grief, instead broke her further with his affair and divorce.

I think JE has tried to grief together with HK. He has tried asking HK to cry with him, cry in front of him, and grief together. But HK just wouldn't do it. As to why, I'm curious to find out. It may well be that HK's form of griefing is within her, and not something she wants others to see, esp not JE. 

But the affair/cheating is wrong. And it couldn't have come at a worse period of their lives, let alone their married lives. So it wasn't surprising that a divorce was the next step in JE's development. But why do men seek comfort in other women's arms whenever grief or tragedy hit? Even if the wifey wasn't as accommodating, why would men not think that wifey were just as heartbroken and needed her own space to grief and recover her equilibrium? 

I hope wrtiernim will give us some illuminating good reasons as the plot develops.

• Like 9

I haven't watched eps 3 and 4 yet, so I'm not sure if any further light has been shed about HK/JE and their past..

Not enough of their past thats what missing for me too...coz they started with him not even be able to stand her smell (when he sprey around after she was beside his bed and got out looked so bad to me), i saw him only in that drunk scene asking something of her and it was more of resentment...maybe if i saw her being so bad to him as he is to her, see him really trying and her not responding, maybe i would feel more for him...don't know

..and...maybe if he liked that girl first...but these two women make him really notice her

• Like 8

JE dont communicate well with his father. We see him being just the opposite of his father.. Infact HK told this side of JE to SR. We also get to see many of this from his fotos, giving shoes and umbrella, fight wth his father.

Initially compassion was what drew his attention towards SR (hardworking, simple wth a poor background) however compassion turned into infatuation as SR took this opportunity to 'seduce' and waver him. 

HK too does not communicate well with her mum. Her mum is weak and a failurefailure in life, being bullied around..HK is just the opposite.

One of them need to change their ways to become more compatible with each other. I think the young lawyer (with a caring and giving nature) must have helped HK change her waysways during the four years they are together.

• Like 7

Okay after those two episodes all i can say is "Marriage counselling"anyone?. Seriously both of these people clearly still have love and attachment towards each other, both have been hurt by the other in one way or another and cannot communicate that hurt. Sadly they let their pride and their selfishness take over their marriage. I don't think this marriage has a chance of repairing unless they do divorce and have some space from each other. Some might applaud JE for asking for a divorce, but I still find his lack of a backbone intolerable. He seems so damn weak, he essentially created this monster that is HK, because she probably had to be strong for both of them in a family full of monsters. His been done for a long time? but doesn't consider divorce until he secures himself a hot young thing?. Well I guess KSR has never heard what goes around comes around, she seems like most girls that grow without father or loving parents and falling for an older father figure man is a classi move. I can't wait to see JE and HK interact after her memory loss, the leads seem to have a lot of chemistry.:wub:

P.S i see a lot of ppl saying they need more of a background to understand why JE and HK's relationship is so bad, but i think the writer did a great of job of explaining why. Losing a child a child changes a couple and especially when that couple chooses to grieve differently. One wants to forget and the other wants the memory of that child to live on. One wants to essentially "replace" they child they lost with a new baby and the other simply is not ready to give love to another child. And these unspoken differences and HK need to get to the top, because throwing yourself in your work is often easier and safer to face that the trouble of your life have driven this couple apart. Sometimes it that simpl. 

Edited by ObessiveComplusive
  • Like 11

I couldn't make up my mind as to whether or not to watch this drama.  Then I saw that it was 50 episodes, not that I don't like long dramas because I do (I wish they would sub more of the 100 episode dramas), but it's on a subject in which I have very strong feelings  If it had been 16 or 20 episodes, I may have gnashed my teeth and watched it.  I watched the preview for episode 5 and seeing the wife kneeling in front of the mistress just brought out some pretty strong emotions in me. Then reading the synopsis that she's going to fall back in love with her husband after losing her memory....  I've only seen one drama where I loved the way the wife was depicted, "The Fierce Wife". I also loved how the drama "One Warm Word" showed how an affair impacts the whole family. 

I'm sure I will be dropping in on the thread to read your insightful posts from time to time.  Depending on what I read in the future, I may be enticed to watch. I hope you all enjoy and again I enjoyed reading your very insightful and thought out posts.

• Like 7

Losing loved ones can be a livelong trauma, difficult to shake the memory off. So this will be SR's nightmare too when she marries JE. JE will snap out suddenly and realise that HK also is suffering the same in her own ways.

Well-said about losing a loved one, and about SR's upcoming nightmare. But I'm not sure of JE snapping out of not knowing that HK suffered just as he did or still does. IMO JE is aware that HK suffered as he did over the loss of their lil girl. What he can't understand is why HK chose to shut out her grief, and also shut out the rest, including him, in so far as the hurt the death brought her.

With this he will feel guilty of not being beside her to share their common grief, instead broke her further with his affair and divorce.

I think JE has tried to grief together with HK. He has tried asking HK to cry with him, cry in front of him, and grief together. But HK just wouldn't do it. As to why, I'm curious to find out. It may well be that HK's form of griefing is within her, and not something she wants others to see, esp not JE. 

But the affair/cheating is wrong. And it couldn't have come at a worse period of their lives, let alone their married lives. So it wasn't surprising that a divorce was the next step in JE's development. But why do men seek comfort in other women's arms whenever grief or tragedy hit? Even if the wifey wasn't as accommodating, why would men not think that wifey were just as heartbroken and needed her own space to grief and recover her equilibrium? 

I hope wrtiernim will give us some illuminating good reasons as the plot develops.

I don't know if JE really tried to grieve together but rather wanted her to grieve the way  he thinks people should grieve and when she did not he withdrew from her. She stepped on the cicada knowing that he was looking, to get a reaction which she got. He reacted to question why she could not leave it alone and compared the noise the cicadas were making to crying. She said maybe she should spray insecticides in the morning because now they are talking. He was being judgmental or she takes his attitude as being judgmental. I am withdrawing from you because you are re-acting this way. How could she trust him to support her when she then cries? He gives her conditions that if only you will cry, then what? Will he then comfort her, hold her? She can't even be sure that he will do that because he is mired in his own depression. He is the one person the father of her child, whom she expects some understanding. But he withdrew, no he did not want to grieve together. He wanted her to comfort him.  

• Like 8

I couldn't make up my mind as to whether or not to watch this drama.  Then I saw that it was 50 episodes, not that I don't like long dramas because I do (I wish they would sub more of the 100 episode dramas), but it's on a subject in which I have very strong feelings  If it had been 16 or 20 episodes, I may have gnashed my teeth and watched it.  I watched the preview for episode 5 and seeing the wife kneeling in front of the mistress just brought out some pretty strong emotions in me. Then reading the synopsis that she's going to fall back in love with her husband after losing her memory....  I've only seen one drama where I loved the way the wife was depicted, "The Fierce Wife". I also loved how the drama "One Warm Word" showed how an affair impacts the whole family. 

I'm sure I will be dropping in on the thread to read your insightful posts from time to time.  Depending on what I read in the future, I may be enticed to watch. I hope you all enjoy and again I enjoyed reading your very insightful and thought out posts.

As of the highlighted, seeing in this episode that HK is manipulating situations, I think that she has gone revenge mode and that kneeling before the girl in the preview is staged. I don't know what her plan is but I feel she is playing with the girl and her husband's mind. 

• Like 5

As of the highlighted, seeing in this episode that HK is manipulating situations, I think that she has gone revenge mode and that kneeling before the girl in the preview is staged. I don't know what her plan is but I feel she is playing with the girl and her husband's mind. 

@zenya22, you are probably right. She's an attorney from what I read on the thread so she's no dummy.  I have to say, if it was me, I would definitely be playing mind games with both of them before I cut him loose. I'm sure there are a lot of underlying issues that they both have. At the moment, it seems his flaws are a little bit more prevalent--I'm sure there will be more to come in regards to her. The kneeling didn't seem like a grieving wife about to lose the love of her life, but then again people express themselves differently. If she's turning her husband's infidelity against him and the student, I'm all for it.

• Like 6

I'm wondering if I should continue to watch this show or not. As others have mentioned 50 episodes is a lot and Ji Jin-hee's character is so far pretty annoying. But my biggest concern is that the subtitles are not complete and I am thinking they might continue like this. I felt like I was ok for the first two episodes despite missing subtitles but in episode 3 I think I am missing out on key lines. I am watching on Viki and I don't know how likely it is with their method of subtitling volunteers for these to ever get completed. Is there somewhere else to watch with full subtitles? Should I just wait a month and see if it is getting done or not? Any thoughts appreciated.

• Like 5

She would be just mad in that case not hurt and in tears i think...beside i didn't see her so happy in his house and with his family...

HK at the first episode, after the stepping on the cicada scene, already expressed her desire for another child, not after the convo with SIL meany. I think she wanted 4 months maybe to put things into order. She is a lawyer after all. As for wanting wealth and power because she came from a messed up poor family, we don't know that she did yet. It seems she was able to finish school and specialize in corporate law. How did she do that? We have not been given the details on the information yet. According to her in laws she is very good at what she does. So she can get herself a job at another corporation with her qualifications. Besides her father in law favors her. She can still work in that company. Moreover what if she were poor and her ambition pushed her to achieve? Does that make her calculative? She is one good lawyer, we don't know her money situation. I think in the beginning she wanted to stay to fix the marriage but when he said I want out, I had an affair, I want to end this now, she replied with "I am the one to say when this marriage ends". I am speculating here but I think she has gone into revenge mode to manipulate situations to hurt him back because he hurt her but nothing to do with money. That is the last thing on her mind right now.

• Like 8

I'm wondering if I should continue to watch this show or not. As others have mentioned 50 episodes is a lot and Ji Jin-hee's character is so far pretty annoying. But my biggest concern is that the subtitles are not complete and I am thinking they might continue like this. I felt like I was ok for the first two episodes despite missing subtitles but in episode 3 I think I am missing out on key lines. I am watching on Viki and I don't know how likely it is with their method of subtitling volunteers for these to ever get completed. Is there somewhere else to watch with full subtitles? Should I just wait a month and see if it is getting done or not? Any thoughts appreciated.

When are you watching the episodes? It did take episodes 1 & 2 around 5 days to get subbed completely. But episodes 3 & 4 were at 96% subbed about 1 day after it aired. I considered that pretty fast compared to the first two episodes. Not that I'm complaining. It takes some time to find people and form a team to sub, edit, and segment the episodes. They are volunteering the time to do this for others. I'll say wait about a day or so before checking to see if the subs are close to being finished. I don't think this drama is licensed anywhere else. I hope this info is helpful.

• Like 7

When are you watching the episodes? It did take episodes 1 & 2 around 5 days to get subbed completely. But episodes 3 & 4 were at 96% subbed about 1 day after it aired. I considered that pretty fast compared to the first two episodes. Not that I'm complaining. It takes some time to find people and form a team to sub, edit, and segment the episodes. They are volunteering the time to do this for others. I'll say wait about a day or so before checking to see if the subs are close to being finished. I don't think this drama is licensed anywhere else. I hope this info is helpful.

Please don't get me wrong. The people at Viki are volunteers and are much appreciated for that.  And whatever time they take is the time they take. As you say 96% after a day or two is really quite fast and plenty fast enough for me. Odd that you say that eps 1 & 2 are completely done as I see only episode 1 as 100%. I just was wondering how likely it is that episodes would never hit 100%. And also wondering if it were licensed elsewhere. Thanks for answering and yes it is helpful.

• Like 5

P.S i see a lot of ppl saying they need more of a background to understand why JE and HK's relationship is so bad, but i think the writer did a great of job of explaining why. Losing a child a child changes a couple and especially when that couple chooses to grieve differently. One wants to forget and the other wants the memory of that child to live on. One wants to essentially "replace" they child they lost with a new baby and the other simply is not ready to give love to another child. And these unspoken differences and HK need to get to the top, because throwing yourself in your work is often easier and safer to face that the trouble of your life have driven this couple apart. Sometimes it that simpl. 

No, i do understand why they're so bad...but i'm somehow more pissed at him (even without that young girl) then her...so i seek for their past maybe that would justify him a little bit in my eyes...coz i see he's deep wound

You can't replace a child believe me...there is just a wish to go on...or not...and you can't live in the past no matter how hard it is

I wonder will JE talk about his daughter to SR...and for how long she'll be willing to listen

• Like 7

Please don't get me wrong. The people at Viki are volunteers and are much appreciated for that.  And whatever time they take is the time they take. As you say 96% after a day or two is really quite fast and plenty fast enough for me. Odd that you say that eps 1 & 2 are completely done as I see only episode 1 as 100%. I just was wondering how likely it is that episodes would never hit 100%. And also wondering if it were licensed elsewhere. Thanks for answering and yes it is helpful.

I see what you're saying. I've seen some shows where the % stops at 98, 99, and 100. And had completed subs. I guess the 98% and 99% were probably the segments they didn't sub which is most likely a song. I haven't seen another site sub this drama. I hope this information is correct that I'm giving you.

• Like 5