The Official Chae Yeon (채연) Thread

Cherryblossom18

Guest ~*RiKa*~

i actually thought that Lee Jung came back :o but it was just a visit <_<

never the less that visit was the reason we have this cute pic^^

btw did Yeonie used songs that were composed by newcomers b4???

that article n AKP was Chae yeon friendly thank god :)

Guest iMAGiNATi0NS

welcome Jason! i'm glad that we're getting more members in this thread!

woot woot! i'm so happy to hear about chae yeon unnie's new mini album =] like you guys, i hope the newcomers will create good songs for chae yeon!

Guest Lis_424

I was looking and reading the article post by bulgogi about Lee Jung http://www.allkpop.com/2010/05/chae-yeon-u...er-and-lee-jung and I was also watching the music video of Lee Jung that was posted on the site, ....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouIKzbOtmAY&feature=player_embedded#! Is it just me or the guy at 1:32 looks like the person that had a date with Chae Yeon and was handcuffed for 48 hrs? I think it's him!

Guest energywen

http://twitpic.com/1lkczx

The song writer/producer "kim chang hwan" working on Chaeyeon's new album

Chaeyeon new mini album release date : May 22nd.

A long article on korean news site, but i dont have the time n strength to translate all, just main parts.

"Chaeyeon's album will be released late May, and it's been a year since her last mini album, Shake, is released. All recordings are done and now the songs are in mixing stage. Chaeyeon is now preparing for her comeback stages and shows. The management said "There are not much different from the previous promotions, but we are torn between 2 concepts, Sexy or Change""

"The album will contain 5 new songs and 3 remix versions of older tracks. To show something new, the company had picked half of the new tracks written by new composers. The company said: "We had prepared a lot more for the fans with this new mini. We are considering the different tracks for the title track, including a ballad track."

"For Chaeyeon who had debut for 8 years, this comeback seemed critical for her. As she had been advancing her career in China for the past year, the Korean music scene had been increasingly slant towards idol singers."

"For the conservative Korean society, it seemed as though the sexy singers change their concept once they reached 30. Lee Hyori had mentioned in a recent interview that her comeback this time round will decide if her concept stays the same or needs a change after this. It seemed as though Chaeyeon will be in the same situation."

I realise I translated like 90% of the article. Thought it's kinda good. ^^

Hope this page top is good enough even w/o pictures. ^^

And by the way, I will be in Korea when she come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZOMG IM SO EXCITED AND IM NOT KIDDINGGGG~~

Guest iMAGiNATi0NS

^

thnx energywen for translating the article! i'm super excited for her comeback. u're so lucky u get to go to korea coz u'll have a chance to meet chae yeon! i'm so jealous~

chae yeon is a naturally sexy and cute person...i think that she will rock the seey concept every time, but seeing a change is fresh...it's all up to her & her company, though!

hope that she'll be provided with good songs...coz many idols r making a comeback. nonetheless, i kno chae yeon unnie will be satisfied with all of us supporting her!

Guest Blaaaahs

Thanks energywen for the translation!

I really can't wait for Chae Yeon's come back but I wish her come back would be a little later! So many other idol groups and things coming back this month... I'm afraid Chae Yeon wouldn't be getting enough attention =(

Guest energywen

About the comeback in May, I wont be so worried about Chaeyeon not getting attention though. On the contrary, I am liking it because at least people will be watching her perform because honestly, how many of us watches live streams of the music shows when there arent good/big names in the industry performing?

In a way, Chaeyeon's music is being spread to fans of idol groups, and hopefully in a way, Chaeyeon gain more support (not fans yet) and be good for her in the long run. And we know she's friends with some of the singers who comeback this May, and they might be helpful in a way for her career by mentioning her on shows, creating more screentime for her in shows that Chaeyeon is on with them.

We know that Chaeyeon is not like the top singer in the industry and I guess for me, every little bit of help is awesome for her career, especially after reading the article in the top post. Just telling everyone, that Korean and Chinese fans are all aiming for the 1st day sales in Korea of this upcoming mini.

I'm glad that AKP wrote something positive about Chae Yeon. All of the comments have been

good so far. I think she should change her concept this time, it would be refreshing to see a different style.

She looks adorble in that picture with Lee Jung. ^^ He looks kinda stiff. :lol:

Thanks for the translation energywen. ^^

I can't wait to see her performance next week. :) I hope they choose good songs for her and I wonder if the new dance

moves are as good as shake. The song was so addictive. I remember many singers were imitating Yeonie's shake. That dance was definitely a trend. ^_^

Hi Everybody,

I am newcomer to the site. Actually I came from China, and I am a fan of Yeon Chae.

Some of my friends introduce this site to me, and said that here was a good place for the fans who are outside Korean.

Hopefully, I can bring you guys anythings interesting about Yeon Chae we heard from China and bring them back something I got from here.

Thanks

welcome to the thread! ^^

I was looking and reading the article post by bulgogi about Lee Jung http://www.allkpop.com/2010/05/chae-yeon-u...er-and-lee-jung and I was also watching the music video of Lee Jung that was posted on the site, ....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouIKzbOtmAY&feature=player_embedded#! Is it just me or the guy at 1:32 looks like the person that had a date with Chae Yeon and was handcuffed for 48 hrs? I think it's him!

you're right! they're so alike... i think it's the same person.

usually the "common" people who go on dates with famous artists on tv in Korea... aren't that common at all :P some of them are trainnees from different companies, etc.

anyways... Tae Hwan is cute and hot, he made a cute couple with Yeonie ^^

http://twitpic.com/1lkczx

The song writer/producer "kim chang hwan" working on Chaeyeon's new album

Chaeyeon new mini album release date : May 22nd.

A long article on korean news site, but i dont have the time n strength to translate all, just main parts.

"Chaeyeon's album will be released late May, and it's been a year since her last mini album, Shake, is released. All recordings are done and now the songs are in mixing stage. Chaeyeon is now preparing for her comeback stages and shows. The management said "There are not much different from the previous promotions, but we are torn between 2 concepts, Sexy or Change""

"The album will contain 5 new songs and 3 remix versions of older tracks. To show something new, the company had picked half of the new tracks written by new composers. The company said: "We had prepared a lot more for the fans with this new mini. We are considering the different tracks for the title track, including a ballad track."

"For Chaeyeon who had debut for 8 years, this comeback seemed critical for her. As she had been advancing her career in China for the past year, the Korean music scene had been increasingly slant towards idol singers."

"For the conservative Korean society, it seemed as though the sexy singers change their concept once they reached 30. Lee Hyori had mentioned in a recent interview that her comeback this time round will decide if her concept stays the same or needs a change after this. It seemed as though Chaeyeon will be in the same situation."

I realise I translated like 90% of the article. Thought it's kinda good. ^^

Hope this page top is good enough even w/o pictures. ^^

And by the way, I will be in Korea when she come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZOMG IM SO EXCITED AND IM NOT KIDDINGGGG~~

i'm excited too!!! hahaha ^_^

you're really lucky! hopefully you'll have the chance to meet with Yeonie once again... tell her how much we love her!! ;) hehe ^^

thanks for the pics and news, people! the thread is moving faster lately :)

here are more old videos

Shooting My Love MV:

Guest nhocsieuquay

I just saw one pictuter from the show in Viet Nam last night. And one of singer just performed like "My Love" of Chae Yeon. I'm so pissed off right now.

You can check this picture and what can you can say?????

100509musikHNBTa19.jpg

I still don't know how she performed this song :| but I'll post the vid as soon as I have >"<

Guest Blaaaahs

LOL @ the little kid singing Two of Us and YAY @ the twitpic! And true, I really hope the popularity of other idol groups coming back would help her out a bit xD I really can't wait~!!!

I just saw one pictuter from the show in Viet Nam last night. And one of singer just performed like "My Love" of Chae Yeon. I'm so pissed off right now.

You can check this picture and what can you can say?????

I still don't know how she performed this song :| but I'll post the vid as soon as I have >"<

did she really perform My Love or just used the glowsitcks concept? hope it's just the glowstick thing...

anyway... does it count as publicity? :P

well, yeah, there's nothing like the original. Yeonie rocks!!

Guest nhocsieuquay

Yup, I don't want to post this singer's performent here. It's so sucked >"< She used glowsticks concept and it's so so so sucked with the boring song. >"<

I can't wait for Yeonie's new album. Can't wait :">

^

hahaha!! nothing like the orginal ;)

yeah, i can't wait for her comeback either!! hope it's just as good as when she released My Love... to me, that comeback was great ;) better than Shake (although i loved the song and i even learned the choreography... haha!)

the glowticks thing was pretty original and the perfs were so hot!!

Guest iMAGiNATi0NS

^

hahaha!! nothing like the orginal ;)

yeah, i can't wait for her comeback either!! hope it's just as good as when she released My Love... to me, that comeback was great ;) better than Shake (although i loved the song and i even learned the choreography... haha!)

the glowticks thing was pretty original and the perfs were so hot!!

hehe...you learned the choreography to 'my love'? i learned the choreography to 'shake'!

hope to hear more news about chae yeon unnie's comeback!

MTV Live Wow Special is going to be on live today. I can't wait to see her. :)

I'm so happy that she is going to be active soon ~

A new twitter photo. She looks cute. ^^

http://twitpic.com/1mvdfd

Yeonie's new twitter message

On Tuesday 11th May 2010, @ chaeyeon_lee said:

it's been a long time since ive

put on makeup and put on a performance .. kk it was raining before but nw it seems to have cleared up ^ ^

The night life i was enjoying will have to stop! soon i'll give u all a taste of the new songs from my upcoming album

^ ^ I wonder if the company willbe against it .. i dnt know but its my choice!! ^ ^ Once again thanx to a.minor for

writing this for me ~ ~

AHHH!

I was just checking my cell when I seen CY's twitter update.

I'm so excited. I didn't know it was going to be this fast.

There's so many new albums being release this month.

I hope CY's album will be successful.

@Cherryblosssom18 The little girl singing and dancing to Two of Us was so adorable. Thanks!