The Official Chae Yeon (채연) Thread

Cherryblossom18

^ every time she appears on that show, she seems to reveal something that causes her to cry. :tears: I'm hoping someone subs it.

Quick sort of off topic question:

Who is the guy with the strange glasses that always dances with her? Is he the one that holds hands with her in the Shake MV?

I don't know why...but this is bugging me soooo much.

>.<

He is one of the WAWA dancers but don't know his name. Someone asked this question before & he does appear in the MV but I don't know if that is him that holds hands with her. I kinda dig those crazy retro looking shades. :lol:

2epltfd.jpg

o08fgm.jpg

35n1sia.jpg

35hlkye.jpg

ny5rmg.jpg

2441uv5.jpg

btw. I cant watch youku i dont know why it just said that"this clip has been blocked in your country"?

try these other links...

http://andu.hanafos.com/popup/popup_for.as...mp;isinternal=2

http://v.blog.sohu.com/u/vw/2698975

Guest iMAGiNATi0NS

^Just a brief translation from a news about the upcoming episode of YSMM.

Yeonie says that during the recordings of Love Letter, she is too focused into the character/situation causing her to cry. "A few years ago when Love Letter was still on, the male artists often made jokes about my age and when they called me 'auntie' it gave me a shock." After hearing that, Chae Yeon was extremely hurt by the comments and suddenly cried. "Suddenly, the tears just came, my face turned red and I just continued to look down at the floor with tears coming out." Yeonie also expressed that because she so into the situation, especially for the segment of choosing a partner, it felt like she really loved the male artist that she chose to be her partner. After revealing this fact, everyone's attention was on her. Also, there have been times when Yeonie was not picked as a partner in Love Letter which caused her to be unhappy and cried.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t120/xx...3362F7AA95F.jpg

Hopefully, someone will be able to sub the episode into english~

wahh, i feel so bad for yeonie..she rly puts a lot of effort to make herself completely into her character..this proves how hard working she is!

*sigh* i wish those ppl who called her that n made her cry apologized!

Guest mirima2244

Yeonie says that during the recordings of Love Letter, she is too focused into the character/situation causing her to cry. "A few years ago when Love Letter was still on, the male artists often made jokes about my age and when they called me 'auntie' it gave me a shock." After hearing that, Chae Yeon was extremely hurt by the comments and suddenly cried. "Suddenly, the tears just came, my face turned red and I just continued to look down at the floor with tears coming out." Yeonie also expressed that because she so into the situation, especially for the segment of choosing a partner, it felt like she really loved the male artist that she chose to be her partner. After revealing this fact, everyone's attention was on her. Also, there have been times when Yeonie was not picked as a partner in Love Letter which caused her to be unhappy and cried.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t120/xx...3362F7AA95F.jpg

OMG i never thought that but it was always Kim Jong Min well he was always like joking so but awww

thanx ST

and i will probably sub it when i come back from France

another article about that YSMM appearance...

Son DamBi, “I think ChaeYeon unnie is sexy, but I’m #1 in popularity amongst military servants”

2wn90ee.jpg

Korea’s representative sexy female singers Son DamBi and ChaeYeon fight it out to win the title of the sexy queen on SBS ‘YaShimManMan2′.

With just 1 year into her singer debut, Son DamBi has been put in comparison as the sexy queen together with other veteran singers like Lee Hyori and ChaeYeon. Plus ChaeYeon is back with a new album and a sexy image, holding the sexy queen title 6 years into her 1st album release.

When asked by the MCs, “Of the 2 who do you think is sexier”, Son DamBi said, “ChaeYeon unnie is at #1 for me. But… I’m actually at the #1 spot for the popularity amongst the military servants.” causing laughter amongst the audience and the MCs.

ChaeYeon then added, “When I first debuted, when my MV gets played on TV, even the national armed forces have to stop their operations.” livening up the atmosphere.

The 2 also did a dance battle on the show. This episode of YaShimManMan will be aired on 18th May at 11.05pm.

credit: sookyeong @ K Bites

fan cam footage of CY at that KBS Cool FM Love Festival yesterday talking with Junjin & SuJu and performing Shake + Ooh Lala...very enthusiastic fans singing along & screaming her name. :)

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XOTE5Njg5ODA=.html

Guest smitchaeyeon

HAHA

Chae Yeon is soo funy

thts why I love her and be a loyal fan till now

LOVE CHAE YEON

^

welcome to the thread! Yoenie loves loyal fans ;)

^^

Some lucky fan showing off her "Shake" CD she received with extra goodies...looks like a personalized letter, autographed CD, signed pillow & mug and even a fan club card too. :D

credit: blog.naver.com/oldcouple

wow... so many goodies!!

i want one of those boxes too :lol:

I just saw her performance from a week ago!!

I have to say, it blew me away. I really enjoyed both songs and she is so charismatic!

I like Shake alot more than Duriseo. WOOT!! GO CHAEYEON!! I'm excited for the next performance.

Quick sort of off topic question:

Who is the guy with the strange glasses that always dances with her? Is he the one that holds hands with her in the Shake MV?

I don't know why...but this is bugging me soooo much.

>.<

welcome to the thread! ^^

i asked the same thing... he looks like the guy in the mv, right? i think it's him :huh:

thanks for the translations.

poor Yeonie... it must be hard to keep your feeling aside when you're in a show like that.

we know she's a strong girl, but she's also very sensitive as well

today's inkigayo cut is available on my website

thanks!! you're the best ^^

gogi: thanks for the link ^^

can't wait to see that YSMM episode... hope someone will translate it *crossing fingers*

=======

some more pics from SBS Power FM radio show 090515

--> credit as tagged <--

jafmgh.jpg

2eyxv80.jpg

33eoqog.jpg

1zw24u9.jpg

24m6n1i.jpg

1zd2pzr.jpg

ahhh *sighs* that beautiful smile we all love ^^

^ nice caps from that show :)

thanks for the translations.

poor Yeonie... it must be hard to keep your feeling aside when you're in a show like that.

we know she's a strong girl, but she's also very sensitive as well

yeah she seems really sensitive when ppl mention her age & I know she doesn't like it when they compare her to that older comedienne (sorry forgot her name). :P

more fan pics from that festival yesterday with Junjin, SuJu & Park Sang Min...

23sc0oj.jpg

28013pk.jpg

2crk2dd.jpg

ddhv5v.jpg

30bd2dt.jpg

2zfj3fk.jpg

im15si.jpg

credit as tagged

Guest iMAGiNATi0NS

omggg..i just read somewhere that on ysmm where chae yeon unnie n son dambi showed up, son dambi said something bout she thinks yeonie is sexy, but son dam bi holds #1 spot for military chart..thingiee XDD like..she didn't mean it seriously, but as in a funny way, but i honestly think that yeonie is WAYYYYYYY sexier than son dam bi...i just think that dam bi has like...not a full meaning of sexiness yet as conpared to chae yeon unnie who holds a sexy n cute image :]

http://i40.tinypic.com/fk8mzl.jpg

what are you looking at??

:lol:

at first I thought he was looking at the notes in his hand but MC Suh Kyung Suk's eyes are focused on something else :lol:

someone posted the schedule for the rest of the month but looks like CY canceled that university festival she was going to attend on the 20th & that other performance on the 22nd after Music Bank is a performance at Kyungpook National University & the Kim Jung Eun Chocolate show was rescheduled for May 23.

qzi2aw.jpg

credit: CAFE

Guest smitchaeyeon

Yeonie must be soo tired this time since the very busy schedule

but we will see Yeonie more and more

LOVE chae yeon ALways

at first I thought he was looking at the notes in his hand but MC Suh Kyung Suk's eyes are focused on something else :lol:

someone posted the schedule for the rest of the month but looks like CY canceled that university festival she was going to attend on the 20th & that other performance on the 22nd after Music Bank is a performance at Kyungpook National University & the Kim Jung Eun Chocolate show was rescheduled for May 23.

thanks for the updates, i posted that in the first page.

do you know what's the other thing she's doing on the 20th? it says mnet something... i can read it, but makes no sense to me :huh:

thanks fir the pics, ST ^^

she looks pretty in those self-cams... i wish i did too >_<

Yeonie must be soo tired this time since the very busy schedule

but we will see Yeonie more and more

LOVE chae yeon ALways

CY's had a 'vacation' for almost 2 years, so I think she should be plenty refreshed to do all these promotions & yup, the upside of her busy schedule is we get to see her so much more now. :)

thanks for the updates, i posted that in the first page.

do you know what's the other thing she's doing on the 20th? it says mnet something... i can read it, but makes no sense to me :huh:

I think it says Osan festival but not 100% sure...maybe Mnet is having a special or something? where is mishy_bear with the translations? :P

^

if you can call "vacation" to fly from Korea --> China --> Korea --> Hong Kong all the time to perform here and there and record tv shows...

Good point ;)

caps from her Inkigayo perf today...

9sawci.jpg

2v2va74.jpg

140hf0g.jpg

zksh03.jpg

29bg0pk.jpg

29z779.jpg

10wqyrs.jpg

xfpbex.jpg

2pzw6ti.jpg

2ldkqwh.jpg

credit as tagged

Guest Blaaaahs

I have a question...

Does anyone know if the performance at... KBS Cool FM festival (?) is uploaded anywhere? Went through the last few pages twice but I don't see a link for it (unless I'm blind and I missed it twice!). I wanted to see her dance in that yellow shirt =[

Just to add to that article on the previous page that I briefly translated. As different articles include different information depending on the editor..

She was referring to both X-man and Love Letter. There was one time during the choosing partner segment, Yeonie and another female artist had chosen the same male artist, but in the end Yeonie was not chosen, which caused her to cry at the scene causing a pause to the recording. During breaks from recording variety shows, in the restroom, the competition is still happening from the looks on other's eyes. Sometimes, it happens which shows the truth behind the cameras. MC Mong who had also taken part in these variety shows, also agrees on this. "After participating in these variety shows, there are couples which become realistic."

Airing tonight!!

Yeonie is currently 3RD on the M! Countdown chart. http://mnet.mnet.com/NProgram/mcountdown/P...bidx=mcountdown

TO REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT TO VOTE: http://newmember.mnet.com/Registration/MbrJoinGate.asp

Then click on the foreigner icon (on the right) > tick in all the boxes > save > fill in the fields > click certification after entering your email (wait a few minutes to receive the email for the number) > enter the number then save! :) Then go to the voting link and vote for Yeonie! :D

Yeonie @ SBS Cultwoshow Radio

46227731200905181925473309148879357.jpg