Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

A very beautiful song from April Snow.

The Road (Main Theme from April Snow)

Sung by Woo Seong Min (pls see profile below)

click to listen the instrumental ver => Instrumental Ver

I'm still looking for the link with vocals.

Romanised by Veronica at Quilt

Track#2 of the Original Sound Tracks

The Road

À̱æ

Frances and the rest of the Baegas, i'll be leaving you for a while and will be back later.

Frances unni, i hope to read GOOD news later :)

Guest frances

from Korea Love Seoul New Magazine Vol. 1

posted by rosie in joonsfamily

reposted by amadienne in quilt

costumes in The Great King ???

or just a suggestion of the column writer ?? :)

zzzzzz6zd.jpg

Guest frances

~ i dont have the VOD file of these caps but i think its from the NTV Special Program last August. its kind of cute to see yong joon being dressed up by Ms. Hong w/ his arms stretched out like that....lucky Ms Hong ;)

screencaps48kp.jpg

Guest frances

this is what happens (as in my case) when one officially misses yong joon......gathering photos of yong joon in dark shades...yj in serious look, yj in sexy look, yj with right hand on the chin, yj with left hand on the chin...& so on....getting hopeless :blink:B)

dscn34938am.th.jpg11222bi.th.jpg 2205838905bf9b24d616lx.th.jpg

8480311221135182ip.th.jpg004035856uf.th.jpga27428351203me.th.jpg

co10dg.th.jpg dscn3844n4as.th.jpgpost411247430066uy.th.jpghanul1415pk.th.jpg

Guest frances

~ this was from a Dec 2003 article, i wonder if this is still the fave coffee of yong joon...:)

translated by Joanne from Daily Sports

posted in the Favorites section of Quilt

What is BYJ's most favorite coffee?

The exclusive coffee brand Starbucks made public the coffee habits of famous entertainers who frequently visits its shops. The explanation by Starbucks is that the personalities of the individuals reveal well from their habits of drinking coffee.

BYJ, who mainly visits Starbucks in the morning, sits in the outdoor parasol section and enjoys caramel macchiato and bagel. Bagel-mania, BYJ, who loves cream cheese, is told to be popular among the employees for his kind manner.

The Starbucks spokesman told, "In the States also the entertainers and sports stars like Meg Ryan and Mark Maguire, etc. frequents Starbucks," and "There are many customers who want to come to meet the stars in the shops near the entertiners working area such as Gangnam, Apgoojeong, and Yeoeuido, etc."

well, this is what he had in...

main_mark_img_01.jpg

caramel macchiato...

caramel_macchiato_img.jpg

and

bagel + cream cheese ;)

img_07.jpg

Guest frances

KBS Global News

Oct 31, 2005 KST 19:37

http://english.kbs.co.kr/mcontents/enterta...6185_11692.html

“April Snow” sets precedent in Chinese theaters

todayshow136wi.jpg

The movie “April Snow,” starring actor Bae Yong-jun, will be shown in China with Chinese subtitles at the enthusiastic request of the actor’s Chinese fans.

The movie’s investor and distributor Showeast said the Chinese distributor of “April Snow” will show the movie with Chinese subtitles at selected theaters. The decision not to dub the movie into Chinese was made because the actor’s Chinese fans flooded the firm with requests to allow them to hear Bae’s original voice.

“That is quite unprecedented in China, where even Hollywood movies are dubbed into Chinese,” said a person from Showeast.

Chinese audiences generally prefer to watch Hollywood and Asian movies that have been dubbed into Chinese. But “April Snow” will become the first foreign movie to be shown with subtitles, once again attesting to the skyrocketing popularity of Yonsama.

Showeast says it will show both the subtitled and dubbed versions of the movie so that audiences can watch the version they prefer. However, theaters showing the dubbed version will outnumber those showing the subtitled version, because the majority of Chinese viewers still prefer dubbed films.

”April Snow” will open in more than 20 Chinese cities on Nov. 11. Bae will soon visit Beijing for three days to promote the movie.

Guest frances

from Yonhap News

2005/10/31 11:36 KST

Movieland Wax Museum exhibition to open in Seoul in December

SEOUL, Oct. 31 (Yonhap) -- An exhibition from the Movieland Wax Museum, the largest wax museum in the United States, will be held in Seoul for three months from December, organizers said Monday.

Life-size wax figures of famous movie stars and historical figures will be displayed at the Convention and Exhibition Center (COEX) in southern Seoul from Dec. 21 to the end of March.

The exhibition, jointly organized by the Movieland Wax Museum and the Miracle Sports and Entertainment of Korea, will comprise seven pavilions -- historic figures pavilion, Korean stars pavilion, world movie stars pavilion, recording stars pavilion, sports stars pavilion, horror movie figures pavilion and animation characters pavilion.

The nearly 300 wax figures at the Movieland are, for the most part, remarkably lifelike, the organizers said. Many of the clothes on the figures of the stars were donated by the stars or by their studios.

Other costumes have been painstakingly re-created for the display. Greta Garbo's costume, for instance, cost US$35,000 and took 125 hours to stitch by hand.

Among the wax figures to be displayed in the world movie stars pavilion are characters from "Gone with the wind," "Dr. Zhivago," "The King and I" and "Ben Hur."

The value of the figures is said to be above $1 million each. It will be the first time for them to be displayed outside the United States.

Also included in the display are wax figures of former South Korean presidents Park Chung-hee and Kim Dae-jung, the incumbent South Korean and U.S. presidents, scientist Albert Einstein, inventor Thomas Edison and painter Pablo Picasso.

Wax figures of South Korean film stars Bae Yong-jun, An Seong-gi, Choi Ji-woo and singers Seo Tae-ji and Cho Yong-pil will also be shown, and the figures of sports stars will include Tiger Woods, David Beckham and South Korean footballers Park Ji-sung and Park Joo-young.

Miracle Sports and Entertainment is an organizer of large-scale international events and exhibitions. The company arranged the performances of David Copperfield and Air Supply in Seoul. It also plans to build a large wax museum in Korea after the Movieland Wax Museum exhibition ends.

For more information, visit the homepage at www.worldwaxmuseum.net or call 02-562-8153.

kts@yna.co.kr

(END)

This is an awesome initiation from Baesisters in Korea. They will be "oe chool" on Nov 8 to watch "Oe Chool" (April Snow) in Seoul) for a worthy cause. Please read message of Gaulsan posted in BYJ's Quilt. Bravo to all Baesister in Korea! ~ liezle

April Snow Once more in Seoul

From Korean Official Board KOB (www.byj.co.kr)

posted by Gaulsan in BYJ's Quilt.

Yesterday, a Bae-sister, "mauricee(¸

Guest LeafClover

^Really happy to hear of the news...

But why is there suddenly a huge wave of April Snow sweeping into korea ???

Is it due to the positive and negative reports reflect their thinking and trigger the thoughts for them to watch again and also seeing the thread here reporting?

Heehee..I will be watching again as well..but as compared with those of Joonsfamily, me simply nowhere to hide..heehee.. :lol::lol::lol:

I just gotten some healthy tips from my buddhist magazine on vegetarian food and it is serving in a restaurant, in regards to the bean sprouts...taugeh. Should I post it here? I had posted it onto the food forum under the receipe thread.

Guest frances

~ sharing another 2004 article about the WLS scriptwriters' comments on yong joon :)

originally from chocoholic of Daum.net's byjfan Cafe

translated & posted by joanne in quilt

[TRANSLATION] 「Another Winter's Sonata」 Part 1

the book written by the script writers for the 'WLS'

From the book, I translated the portion written about BYJ.

「Another Winter's Sonata」

Written by: Kim Eunhee/ Yoon Eunkyeong

CHAPTER 3 PROFILE OF THE STARS...Real appearance of the casts and staff seen by the writers ( of WLS).

BAE YONGJOON

zzzwls1pa.jpg

He was actually and tremendously handsome.

He showed up with the black leather cap covering his eyes. The first impression of Mr. BYJ was, really 「Joonsahng」, himself. Slightly dark skin and sharp and intellectual eyes, his formal expression asking quietly about his character...gives us a feeling like 「a person who has charisma, difficult to go near like Joonsahng」. Probably, we might have more of such feeling because the character he acted in previous drama was a cold character just like Joonsahng.

However, as all of you know, Joonsahng , although looking cold on surface, he is a boy whose inside is easily hurt, and shy who feels bashful. On our first meeting day for reading script, we realized right away that 「BYJ is also the same」.

Actually, for the writers the most bashful and embarrassing thing is the day when we meet with the actors for the first time and read the scenario.

Although it is a joy for the characters whom we have been imagining only inside of the brain are born for the first time as people with reality by borrowing the mouths of the actors, on the other hand, we cannot help but feel like we are just sitting on the seat of needles saying 「we should have written better」.

Choi Jiwoo will become 18-years old Yoojin and walk around the lakeshore with Joonsahng.....BYJ will become Joonsahng, would shower the fallen leaves like snow into Yoojin, and would promise dates for the two only on the first day when snow falls....We felt responsibility as if we had ended the script in the chilly feeling (?), we felt something ashamed and felt like hiding (literally-we felt like entering in to even the rat hole).

To speak frankly, in the script for the first and second episodes, there were so many scenes that would make goose bumps for the man who is an adult past 30 years of age. (We have known that. However, because Joonsahng was yet a highschool student, it was necessary to put the child-like scenes which could look to make goosebumps from the perspective of adults' eyes).

The highlight of that day was the first kissing scene for Yoojin and Joonsahng. in the part Joonsahng makes a joke 「You guys must be happy...」after making the snowmen kiss, as BYJ's dialogue had stopped, he could not talk well in the end and started laughing loud.

It made many other actors who were sitting in the rehearsal room to laugh along also. We, having flush on face from the guilty feeling that we made the scenario too "cold," secretly took a look toward the direction of BYJ and peeked at his appearance.

Then he continously felt embarrassed covering his face with the script as if acting by him like that was very unharmonious. At that moment, we felt, 「Um? Very unexpected…….」. We could not notice anywhere a「charismatic young man in the cold & intellectual appearance」we have been watching, instead there sat down a boy who was feeling bashful. 「Oh...Youngjoon Ssi, You are a person who also has lovable (cute?) aspect like this?」

Although I had expressed that he was "lovable (cute?)," actually he is about 2 years older than me.

The point is that he is my 「obba (older brother)」.......,, From the feeling I saw, he actually seems to have the disposition of the 「obba (older brother)」. No, should I say that it is a disposition of the first son? In Korea, the first sons are educated to treat the elder politely and to take care of the younger people's nuisance. Although I am not sure if BYJ is actually a first son or not, when we see him to take care of the nuisance of the actors whom he work with or staff earnestly, I feel like he is my own oldest brother .

Although I don't know if it is because BYJ is the oldest among the young actors among the casts in the 'WLS,' I think, more than that, it is because that he is aware from his experience as an actor for a long time that the main actor has to take the lead in encouraging the atmophere of the shooting site.

Actually, an actor as a human being, there are occasions he gets angry. There are time that he cannot control his emotion very well. Although he could get tired from the tight shooting schedule and have to unnecessarily use the nerves (?), he, on any occasions, never show his emotion to the outside like that. In particular, I only become amazed at his appearances toward his fans.

This is an event when we were shooting at the Yongpyeong Ski Resort. While he was taking scenes of talking to Chaerin at the hotel's coffee shop, the shooting had to be interrupted many times due to the spectators who gathered in making noises. The shooting did not progress well due to people who were shouting 「This is BYJ !」. Even we, who went to watch the site briefly while we were writing the script, was getting nervous, it must have been really a big thing for the actors and staff who have remaining scenes to shoot throughout the night like mountain.

In addition, in the evening of that day, as there scheduled a shooting for a scene in a hotel room where Yoojin would mistake Minhyeong as Joonsang, Yongjoon-ssi was very tense saying 「it is difficult to make this emotion」so that there were further more worries.

In those situation, while the shooting was delayed, while I was talking to Yongjoon-ssi briefly about the scenes to be shot in the evening for a short time, his fans would come near and asked for his autographs.

Those were not even one or two, but at the attack of autograph requests from people who comes one after another, we, watching next to him, felt like suffocating.

However, he gave autographs without any facial expression of disliking it. Although his nerve was getting very tense as the shooting was delayed and in addition there left a shooting for a difficult scene, he gave the autographs without grimacing his face even once. At that, we were very much surprised!.

Although it is difficult to become a star, it is somewhat more difficult to maintain the status as a star. Moreover, to treat fans like his family with the same hearts as his rookie period, like him, would be further more difficult. However, BYJ, for the fans who come near toward him, as if he is the oldest brother in the family, always smiles gently and takes photos with them.

He is an actor who is aware that as a public figure he has to sacrifice himself.

That is he is an actor who knows very well that bases for him to keep going are fans. As there are many actors who behave forgetting this important fact, his effort is further more noticeable.

(by the way, this is a side talk......., he would never give autographs on any paper . He always carry the exclusive autographing papers with his photos on. As his fans are not one or tow, even the expense for the paper only would be a lot, he thinks that「It is my own way of courtesy i could do for my fans」.

It is story I heard that as the rumor had spread that BYJ's such habit was the secret of his popularity, there was the story that other entertainers also imitate that, preparing their own exclusive autographing papers creating a big deal. It was the story I only heard...,)

Although several years have passed since the 「Winter's Sonata」had ended, many people ask us about BYJ even now.

「Is he really handsome?」

「What is his personality like? Is he actually a nice and sincere person?」

「Is he truly like Lee Minhyeong or Kang Joonsahng?」

We cannot know accurately how much he is nice, or how much he is sincere as we only made a piece of work together and also talked about only things related to the business. However, we are able to say this.

That is to say「He was very handsome in the real appearance」(although anyone has guessed that).

And....., inside of BYJ, there definitely are 2 people, Lee Minhyeong & Kang Joonsahng.

For any actor, if they act well on the characters given to them, that is because there are definitely sides inside them which are similar to the character. The loneliness present inside of the actor BYJ had created Kang Joonsahng and the friendliness dormant inside him had created Lee Minhyeong. We think so.

The good actor is to say a person, by assimiliating maximally to the character he is acting, he can be that person in the end. From that point, BYJ is truly a wonderful actor. And he is going to be a further more wonderful actor from now on.

BYJ, he does not keep the appearance of the Joonsahng or Minhyeong like before at this time. As the transformation is an essential element for an actor, he has already showed his charm different from the 'Winter's Sonata,' through a movie called 'Scandal.' We are expecting very much in what appearance and how he would be transformed. We wish him to be a genuine actor who would show the variety of human appearance as he amplify the various emotion residing inside of himself.

Guest delinnia

Hi chili,

double ma ma mia

o5o73003jf4bt.jpg

Chili has become La Nina because of this El Nino. :lol::lol:

Hey, there's a rope hanging near our Prince. Ready to climb? Who is the Rapunzel up there? Liez, Frances, Chili or Gina? caroline dear, you are out ... not qualified ...... ha ha ha...You need the Rejoice long shampoo first. :P