Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Yes, I think that is his las "official" connection with the public.  If he ever deactivate or turn it into a private account, then we know he is really done with dealing with any fans.  Wow, I didn't know he is no longer in Korea.   I guess he is just enjoying his time with his family.  Even his wife no longer update her IG account. She was more active at one point but honestly, I think most followers on her account are ones who try to see if they can catch some updates about him through her posts.  

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

*** Korean media reported that Park Soo Jin – Bae Yong Joon’s wife – has not been active in entertainment for eight years. Both have not appeared in the K-entertainment world for many years. On April 17, a representative of Keyeast company shared with Xports News that she has stopped working in the entertainment industry for many years: “Currently, Park Soo Jin does not have an exclusive contract. She has not been active in the entertainment industry for several years. Her exclusive contract with Keyeast has ended a long time ago.” Rarely does Park Soo Jin update her life situation on social networks. In January last year, she posted a painting that was in the process of being finished with paint but quickly deleted it. Since then, she has had no new information. Korean media said the married couple had retired.   :heart2:  :crybaby:

Actress-Park-Soo-Jin-Bae-Yong-Joons-wife

• Like 1

*** How I missed Bae Yong Joon! I thought of him since I re-watched his drama "April Snow".  I love this movie. It was an international box office success upon release, the movie was nominated at multiple film fests, landing Sohn Ye-jin a best actress award. It's tragic/bleak and slow — it’s a bit self-punishing, but I have to say it moved me. The first half is brutally slow. But, it doesn’t take long for me to understand what’s happened, even with extra-few dialogue. Both actors do a good job of carrying this movie and conveying conflicted feelings, but Son Ye-jin looks particularly vulnerable here. If you’re not one for tragedy, sad endings, or sitting through two hours of monochrome settings, you might want to pass on this. But if you’re into spikes of heartbreak, conflicted characters, and sorting out what feels like a prisoner’s dilemma, you might — with a little patience — feel some real emotion here. Even for myself, it wasn’t until my re-watch of the movie did I come to appreciate it in it’s entirety.   :kaching1:

• Like 1

April Snow is certainly still a very good movie.  I always enjoy whenever I rewatch it.  

Wow, this thread is down to one follower! I remember when I first discovered BYJ in 2018, there were still a few people who were active (relatively speaking!).  Anyway, it really shows his continued popularity in spite of being retired for quite a few years now.  

On 4/29/2024 at 8:38 PM, sunny88 said:

April Snow is certainly still a very good movie.  I always enjoy whenever I rewatch it.  

Wow, this thread is down to one follower! I remember when I first discovered BYJ in 2018, there were still a few people who were active (relatively speaking!).  Anyway, it really shows his continued popularity in spite of being retired for quite a few years now.  

@sunny88  The Jeonju International Film Festival has started showcasing 232 films from 43 countries. Director Hur Jin-ho will present two of his films, "One Fine Spring Day" and "April Snow" as part of the "Programmer of the Year" series in the festival's J Special section. :kaching1:

credit : Yonhap News

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

*** During an episode of tvN’s Name List 2015, a rather surprising report about  Kim Soo Hyun and  Bae Yong Joon was a featured story.  This really caught my attention. Here, it was revealed that  Kim Soo Hyun and Bae Yong Joon, his former CEO share a rare friendship despite their large age gap. He is 16 years older than him. Name List 2015 revealed that Bae Yong Joon first saw a young Kim Soo Hyun appear in  Will It Snow On Christmas as the child role of  Go Soo and immediately scouted him into KeyEast Entertainment. They grew closer after Kim Soo Hyun landed his very first lead role for  Dream High. In addition to his first leading role, Kim Soo Hyun also starred in his very first film for  Secretly, Greatly, with Bae Yong Joon personally driving him back to his home after the movie’s premiere. The show also revealed that Bae Yong Joon frequently invited Kim Soo Hyun to his home and served him meals that he cooked himself. Despite their age difference of a staggering 16 years, these two are the best of friends! And I love to know this. In 2019, after 12 years under the agency, Kim Soo Hyun left KeyEast Entertainment to join Gold Medalist.

PS15060200012g_99_20150602081704.jpg?typ

source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/ranking/article/018/0003268133

• Like 1

*** KingChoice.me is a popular Korean-centered polling website that gathers votes from thousands of fans on various topics, and they created one for people to vote for which male Korean actor they think is the most handsome. After millions of votes, the results are in!

23. Bae Yong Joon

-7CH2mAfrMxfZkE3Mq8p4arA1SMgQXFAXQINVneZ

• Like 1

13 Korean Actors and Actresses With Surprise Wedding Announcements

In a series of unexpected announcements, several Korean actors and actresses have revealed their upcoming marriages, much to the surprise of fans who were unaware of any prior dating rumors.

This unexpected wave of engagements and weddings highlights not only the personal milestones of these celebrities but also the evolving nature of love and relationships in the public eye.

Below is a list of notable announcements that have captured the attention of fans and media alike, showcasing the joy and excitement surrounding these new beginnings.

11. Bae Yong Jun and Park Soo Jin

Actor Bae Yong Jun and singer-actress Park Soo Jin surprised fans with their sudden engagement announcement in 2018

https://www.instagram.com/p/5oA_rpv1RL/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=2dae7949-37f9-440a-b670-945f8eb451b1

source : https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/135385/20240930/13-korean-actors-actresses-surprise-wedding-announcements.htm

• Like 1

On 9/24/2024 at 1:39 AM, willenette said:

*** During an episode of tvN’s Name List 2015, a rather surprising report about  Kim Soo Hyun and  Bae Yong Joon was a featured story.  This really caught my attention. Here, it was revealed that  Kim Soo Hyun and Bae Yong Joon, his former CEO share a rare friendship despite their large age gap. He is 16 years older than him. Name List 2015 revealed that Bae Yong Joon first saw a young Kim Soo Hyun appear in  Will It Snow On Christmas as the child role of  Go Soo and immediately scouted him into KeyEast Entertainment. They grew closer after Kim Soo Hyun landed his very first lead role for  Dream High. In addition to his first leading role, Kim Soo Hyun also starred in his very first film for  Secretly, Greatly, with Bae Yong Joon personally driving him back to his home after the movie’s premiere. The show also revealed that Bae Yong Joon frequently invited Kim Soo Hyun to his home and served him meals that he cooked himself. Despite their age difference of a staggering 16 years, these two are the best of friends! And I love to know this. In 2019, after 12 years under the agency, Kim Soo Hyun left KeyEast Entertainment to join Gold Medalist.

PS15060200012g_99_20150602081704.jpg?typ

source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/ranking/article/018/0003268133

Wow, thanks for sharing! Have not been to this forum for a while but always glad to get updates!  I am not a fan of KSH but I do enjoy some of his works.  I wonder if they still keep in touch as friends.  

On 9/29/2024 at 11:39 AM, willenette said:

*** KingChoice.me is a popular Korean-centered polling website that gathers votes from thousands of fans on various topics, and they created one for people to vote for which male Korean actor they think is the most handsome. After millions of votes, the results are in!

23. Bae Yong Joon

-7CH2mAfrMxfZkE3Mq8p4arA1SMgQXFAXQINVneZ

Even after so many years of inactivities, his charm and attraction never ends! 

13 hours ago, sunny88 said:

Wow, thanks for sharing! Have not been to this forum for a while but always glad to get updates!  I am not a fan of KSH but I do enjoy some of his works.  I wonder if they still keep in touch as friends.  

Even after so many years of inactivities, his charm and attraction never ends! 

@sunny88   NICE to see you back here. So sad that you're not a fan of Kim Soo Hyun because I am - hehehe - still you enjoyed and watched some of his works. Yes, I hope they still keep in touch, though they're both busy now on their own fields and far from each other. But, I really wish we could get to see the latest picture of Bae Yong Joon. I always wonder how is he doing at the moment.  

• Like 1

*** "Winter Sonata" will be released in Japan as a remastered movie, its production company (Pan Entertainment) said Monday. The decision marks the 30th anniversary of the drama's release in Japan and responds to requests from its Japanese distributor and fans. It plans to release the film next year 2025.

AEN20241007002600315_01_i_P4.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, willenette said:

*** "Winter Sonata" will be released in Japan as a remastered movie, its production company (Pan Entertainment) said Monday. The decision marks the 30th anniversary of the drama's release in Japan and responds to requests from its Japanese distributor and fans. It plans to release the film next year 2025.

AEN20241007002600315_01_i_P4.jpg

Wow! That's amazing! A true classic.  I am actually glad that the sequel or remake of it never happened because the original is impossible to duplicate.  I wonder if BYJ would at least make some kinds of statement when the movie is released.  I have stopped following  the only Japanese fan that was still posting about him and sharing his Japanese mobile site updates since she seems to focus (rightfully so) on her and her family health after the pandemic, so I don't know if that site is closed now or not. 

14 hours ago, sunny88 said:

Wow! That's amazing! A true classic.  I am actually glad that the sequel or remake of it never happened because the original is impossible to duplicate.  I wonder if BYJ would at least make some kinds of statement when the movie is released.  I have stopped following  the only Japanese fan that was still posting about him and sharing his Japanese mobile site updates since she seems to focus (rightfully so) on her and her family health after the pandemic, so I don't know if that site is closed now or not. 

@sunny88   I am, too because for me, nothing could surpass the original. That's why, I'm not really always into sequels/remakes or part2's.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2024 at 11:01 PM, willenette said:

@sunny88   NICE to see you back here. So sad that you're not a fan of Kim Soo Hyun because I am - hehehe - still you enjoyed and watched some of his works. Yes, I hope they still keep in touch, though they're both busy now on their own fields and far from each other. But, I really wish we could get to see the latest picture of Bae Yong Joon. I always wonder how is he doing at the moment.  

I do appreciate and enjoy the work of many actors but I think besides BYJ, the only 2 Korean actors who I can considered myself to be a fan of is Ji Sung and Namkoong Min.  And I am much bigger fan for NKM - that is why I got a kick out of it when I learned that he was nicknamed Little BYJ when he first debuted so maybe I have a certain type haha.  Anyway, yes, it would be great to see a recent picture of BYJ, I think the last more current one I saw was before 2020 so that is at least 5 5 years ago.

On 10/16/2024 at 11:29 PM, sunny88 said:

I do appreciate and enjoy the work of many actors but I think besides BYJ, the only 2 Korean actors who I can considered myself to be a fan of is Ji Sung and Namkoong Min.  And I am much bigger fan for NKM - that is why I got a kick out of it when I learned that he was nicknamed Little BYJ when he first debuted so maybe I have a certain type haha.  Anyway, yes, it would be great to see a recent picture of BYJ, I think the last more current one I saw was before 2020 so that is at least 5 5 years ago.

@sunny88   I have plenty of biases but, NKM isn't one of them - sorry. I will watch anything even if it has bad reviews because I really liked them as an actor.

13 minutes ago, willenette said:

@sunny88   I have plenty of biases but, NKM isn't one of them - sorry. I will watch anything even if it has bad reviews because I really liked them as an actor.

Of course we all have our preferences :)  so no need to be sorry for it!