Prince Frederik And Princess Mary Of Denmark

Guest priya_rach

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest soCal girl

It's a girl!

Mary gave birth to a girl Saturday April 21, 2007. The baby girl is the first Danish-born princess since 1946. I'm sure the Danes are excited to finally welcome a princess after three princes. She supposedly has dark hair like her mother. Following tradition, we will not know her name until the christening.

Official Press Release:

Pressstatement.jpg

The proud father talking to the press and showing them how tall his daughter is:

PressStatement2.jpg

Guest priya_rach

Crown Prince Frederik with his son Prince Christian on his arm and Crown Princess Mary present their new born daughter 23 April 2007 at their home at Fredensborg Palace, north of Copenhagen. Before returning home Mary told the press at the hospital that they were calling the new little member of the family "lille pige" which means little girl in Danish. This matches their name for Christian before he was christened - Mary said she callled him "lillemand", or little man.

th-82.jpg

0423003.jpg

0423004.jpg

0423010.jpg

0423009.jpg

0423008.jpg

0423005.jpg

Guest s u Z i e

aww.. congrats to them!.. but in that one picture where prince frederik is describing the baby, he's wearing abercrombie and fitch..gangsta..lol

Guest priya_rach

princess-mary-baby-2a.jpg

The little girl's name is not expected to be revealed until her christening. Possible options include Henrietta, the name of Mary's late mother, Margrethe, after the baby's grandmother, or Ingrid in honour of her great-grandmother

• 2 weeks later...
Guest o_selina_o

aww congrats to them!! ithey are my favorite royal couple, both very good looking and the princess is veryyy pretty =] the baby is sooo cuteee <33

Guest NikiChow2

First official photos of Lillepigen

"Lille Piqen" means The Little Girl.. Translate From Danish To Enqlish

Guest rain_sadtango

awwww the baby girl is soo cute. and i love that 4th pic of christian .

haha christian is gonna look adopted now cos he's blonde, and his sister and parents are all brunettes.

Guest yoojini

she had the baby already?! and it's a GIRL?!?!?! awww, their family is so perfect now. :blush: congrats on their new bundle of joy!! awww, all those loving family pix got me all teary-eyed.=*)

Guest stardust_x

Baby Christian is so big and cute!! :blush:

I love their story .. such a romantic fairytale. =]

Archived