winkola

Looking mighty fine as a police officer! Good that Yongpal got extended (though I seriously can´t WAIT anymore). Now they have more time for shooting. Still, he´s got so much on his plate right now, hope he still has some time to sleep.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Netizens give BTOB’s Sungjae unending praise for giving up winning opportunity on “Mask King”

BTOB-Sungjae.jpg

On September 11th, MBC hosted a live event for their variety program King of Masked Singer, inviting former contestant Sungjae on the show.

The BTOB member gained much attention with his performances on the show earlier in May, where he introduced himself as a sub-sub vocal of the K-pop group. Sungjae’s reappearance was a surprise to many, although there was a mishap on the way. He performed Kim Dong Ryul’s “Replay” and Infinite Track’s “To Her” in the first and second rounds respectively. MBC initially uploaded his performances on its YouTube channel, but later set them on private.

There was a mistake in the voting process during Sungjae’s turn, where he was supposed to win the first round, but there was a technical error and Sungjae was made to reveal his identity in the second performance. He then gentlemanly gave up his chance to progress to the third round, since the audience already knew his identity in the second round.

Netizens rushed to support Sungjae’s move of being fair, gaining many new fans for himself.

1. [+9059 , -254] Yook Sungjae is really kind and smart. It was clear that he would get the votes from his fans so he did well.

2. [+8048, -147] This guy has a good character

3. [++6975 , -149] Yook Sungjae’s fans were voting like crazy, so I thought he would last till he got the king spot. As expected of Yook Sungjae.. He has a good conscience kekekekeke He’s the best!!

4. [+5474 , -235] He made the right choice. It’s good to see that he dealt with the situation well. ^^ Kim Boa got to the 3rd round easily because of Yook Sungjae, so go get the king spot!!

5. [+5078 , -107] Yook Sungjae is so cool kekekeke. Thumbs up

6. [+1011 , -15] Yook Sungjae must have been in an awkward position.. I think he made a wise choice! He sang well today~

Source: Naver

Link http://www.koreaboo.com/video/netizens-give-btobs-sungjae-unending-praise-giving-winning-opportunity-mask-king/

SBS Drama “The Village” Unveils New Still of Yook Sungjae as a Rookie Cop

SBS Drama “The Village” Unveils New Still of Yook Sungjae as a Rookie Cop

A still cut was recently released from “The Village” (“The Village: Achiara’s Secret”), showing BTOB‘s Yook Sungjae with his investigative hat on.

In SBS’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama special “The Village,” Yook Sungjae plays the role of Park Woo Jae, a rookie cop. Because of his kind-hearted nature, he runs lots of small errands around the village even though his true desire is to be a cop. With the sudden task at hand of getting to the bottom of a mysterious dead body, he shows off his sharp reasoning ability, and when the forensic results line up with his reasoning, he becomes extremely excited, exhilarated by his job for the first time.

About acting the part of Woo Jae, Yook Sungjae comments, “I’ve become suspicious of everything these days,” and adds, “Woo Jae has wanted to be involved in an investigation for so long. Since the discovery of the body, he is passionately wrapped up in the investigation and is completely focused. In order for me to express Woo Jae’s desire to be a good cop, I’m studying hard by watching lots of different mystery dramas.”

The production crew comments, “Woo Jae is a pure character and he will show passion for his work. When he’s investigating, he will reveal a very sharp side of him, as if he’s been possessed by Sherlock Holmes. Woo Jae is the only person in the village who is excited about the discovery of a dead body. Please tune in to find out what he goes through as a rookie cop to reveal the truth.”

As the followup drama to “Yong Pal,” the first episode of “The Village” will air on October 7.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there still anybody around? haha. How are you liking the The Village so far? Sungjae is so adorable in it, literally the only character that brightens up the mood. Thankfully he once again proved the netizens wrong, his character is likable and he suits this kind of puppy roles. The drama is super good too imo. It gives me God's Gift vibes, which I liked a lot too. Smartly written and mysterious. But these kinds of dramas are usually really underrated. Sadly they're not everyone's cup of tea. I don't see the hype during School 2015 tbh but it's a very good drama for Sungjae to prove himself.. I hope his acting skills won't be doubted any more in his future projects. 

Woojae's reactions are priceless XD

ZJk6JG.gif

Btw, I wonder why this drama hasn't released a single OST yet. Sungjae sang for his both past dramas I hope his sings one for this too. 

@melody56 I'm still here for Sungjae.

Sungjae as Park Woo Jae in The Village is so hilarious. He is so enjoyable to watch. I can't watch The Village alone at night. Knowing Sungjae's character that can get scared easily, I can't imagine if he have to film a scene with a ghost. LOL.

Btw, (out of topic) I'm going to Seoul next month and will be visiting CUBE cafe. I hope I can get the opportunity to meet Sungjae and BTOB or go to their fan meeting (if BTOB is still promoting). :wub:

Sungjae as Park Woo Jae in The Village is so hilarious. He is so enjoyable to watch. I can't watch The Village alone at night. Knowing Sungjae's character that can get scared easily, I can't imagine if he have to film a scene with a ghost. LOL.

Btw, (out of topic) I'm going to Seoul next month and will be visiting CUBE cafe. I hope I can get the opportunity to meet Sungjae and BTOB or go to their fan meeting (if BTOB is still promoting). :wub:

Oh I'm so happy for you! If the drama isn't finished by then you may not have the chance to see Sungjae though. He's probably on filming set most of the time. But you can go to Inkigayo on Sunday as he is there for MC'ing XD BTOB doesn't have a fan meeting in November in Seoul as far as I know. Good luck to you, I hope you can see them and share pictures with us;)

Oh I'm so happy for you! If the drama isn't finished by then you may not have the chance to see Sungjae though. He's probably on filming set most of the time. But you can go to Inkigayo on Sunday as he is there for MC'ing XD BTOB doesn't have a fan meeting in November in Seoul as far as I know. Good luck to you, I hope you can see them and share pictures with us;)

Thanks @melody56

I will be there from 8th Nov - 15th Nov. I don't think I can make it to Inkigayo because I'll be visiting Nami Island first on 8th Nov (Sunday) and will be leaving Seoul on Sunday morning 15th Nov. I really hope I can see them at CUBE and share pictures with you guys here, but I guess it'll depend on my luck.

If only I could go to Sungjae's filming site, but too bad my friends is not a fan of BTOB and they prefer shopping or visiting places compared to KPOP hunting. I've already doing some research about The Village's filming site but sadly my friends won't come with me.

And one more thing, I really appreciate if you could share BTOB and Sungjae's schedule during that date so that I can "hunt" them and take their pictures (even though it will be like "mission impossible". LOL).

I'm sorry about this out of topic post. :lol:

I will be there from 8th Nov - 15th Nov. I don't think I can make it to Inkigayo because I'll be visiting Nami Island first on 8th Nov (Sunday) and will be leaving Seoul on Sunday morning 15th Nov. I really hope I can see them at CUBE and share pictures with you guys here, but I guess it'll depend on my luck.

If only I could go to Sungjae's filming site, but too bad my friends is not a fan of BTOB and they prefer shopping or visiting places compared to KPOP hunting. I've already doing some research about The Village's filming site but sadly my friends won't come with me.

And one more thing, I really appreciate if you could share BTOB and Sungjae's schedule during that date so that I can "hunt" them and take their pictures (even though it will be like "mission impossible". LOL).

I'm sorry about this out of topic post. :lol:

Sure I'll share the schedule but it's usually out on Sundays. It's weekly so that week's schedule will be posted on 8th. Actually BTOB is performing in all music shows but Cube said that Sungjae will be missing from most of them. He doesn't go to any fansigning events too :/ Anyways you have a lot of chances to meet Btob even if it may be without Sungjae, and also other Cube artists in Cube Cafe lol. Plus Korea is a beautiful country with fast wifi, I'm sure you'll have a great time XD 

HI CHINGUUUUUUUS!!! :phew:

awwwwwwwwwwww I miss this thread much!

By the way, how's his drama??? I didn't watch it yet..:tears:

anyways, here's our Park Woo Jae policeman :wub:

12080530_1013453518717301_1586699191_n.j

12070969_422918337902560_1638374314_n.jp
12135229_1486395588328331_485815389_n.jp
12105157_928270350542011_1174202465_n.jp
12063272_454926194708340_95777232_n.jpg
12142499_1066661906712046_58308679_n.jpg11931219_543323782488373_1237755613_n.jp

CR TO sungjaesohyunx IG.. ^^

12093817_904708249605332_1590946056_n.jp
CR TO sungjaesohyunx IG.. ^^

THESE TWO :wub::wub::wub: so intimate!! witwew! :phew:

here's the BTS of their hazzys accesories :) I hope this wasn't repost yet :)

so yeah! :lol: that's all I can do for now ;) I'll try to watch his drama in my free time! heheh! & THANK YOU for the updates chingussssss!!! Really, Sungjae soar high this year! :wub:

Guest ruby014
Osen - Naver: 'Village', Everyone is suspicious except for Moon Geun Young and Yook Sungjae 

1. [+3,101, -46] What the journalist is thinking = what the viewers are thinking ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+2,951, -231] SWP viewer here, is this one fun??

3. [+2,304, -51] Thrilling drama. Everyone's good at acting

4. [+2,057, -48] I can't stop watching this drama despite how creepy it is

5. [+592, -19] I hope 'Village' gets more attention. It's  getting pushed aside by SWP. Please take notice of it too

6. [+452, -5] I'm 100% sure On Joo Wan was involved in Moon Geun Young's family's car accident

7. [+389, -17] Yook Sung Jae has surprisingly good chemistry with everyone in the cast and his scenes are funny especially with his sunbae and the Ahgasshi and this time with the woman at the Art academy ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+308, -8] The fact that this drama is airing as a miniseries on public broadcast is a miracle.. This could be the start of more dramas of this genre

9. [+292, -7] The most suspicious characters are the art teacher, Seo Chang Kwon, Seo Ki Hyun and Yoon Ji Sook

10. [+271, -9] I'm the only one in my friend group that's watching Village, they're all watching SWP ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

12. [+208,  -8]  Kim Hye Jin is Moon Geun Young's unni .. The woman who appeared today as Kim Hye Jin's mom is the stepmom

Nice that this thread has picked itself up again:) I´ve been so busy lately that my fangirling seriously suffered as I´ve reduced it to watching Village and WGM only. Village is great! I really like the mystery and the twists aren´t obvious and of course Woo-jae is cute as a button:) I guess it would be a hard watch without his character, because he´s the only one who cracks a joke now and then. Well, mostly unintentionally though:)

Off topic. As I cannot spend much (if not at all) time on hunting pics and videos of Sung-jae, I thought I should make smth to show my devotion anyway. Which would be *drum rolls* a T-shirt saying: 6SJ 4EVA. The "pun" is that my name is Eva, so, yeah, like the lamest thing ever:D:D:D But I´m kind of fond of this idiotic idea, because people don´t "fangirl" around here, so it´s kind of a "secret message" for the "devoted", lol! I have to work on the design though, otherwise it´ll end up as a number plate or smth. Anyway, thought I´d share this funny/embarrassing idea. Where else if not on this thread? Have a laugh:)

I´ll try to drop by as often as I can and thanks for all the posters! Don´t know where I would get such a quick fix of Sung-jae otherwise. YOU are my dealers, lol! Cheers!

Archived