winkola

Guest ruby014

Looks like he's having some fun after finishing Japan promotion. It's okay and I really hope that he'll work hard for the new drama and change the perception of Knetz. Too much negativity from the keyboard warriors right now about Sungjae's casting in the drama. The drama not even started yet. They are being too salty. sigh...

I really don't get where the hate come from ... when he was casted as a possible lead there was no hate from knetz then suddenly when he accepts they started to appear like mushrooms -very weird. Usually when an idol is casted the knetz starts to comment (like for instance when Suzy was casted in Cheese in the trap) but no they waited for Sungjae to confirm - weird (atleast the hate is only 1000 + upvotes not 5k or 10 k )...anyway I still think this is better choice than murim ? or whatever is the other choice  ... I think he will get criticize more when he takes murim and receive comments like its just a "recycled acting" or something blah blah blah  and they will forever bring it up 

I hope Sungjae will prepare and work hard for this drama and get recognition as an actor. :)

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another good news for Sungjae :wub:

we will get to see him more often after this

BTOB's Sungjae to replace Hong Jong Hyun as the new 'Inkigayo' MC!

BTOB-Sungjae_1441243757_af_org.jpg

BTOB's maknae Sungjae is literally making his mark in every aspect of the entertainment industry! He's made his mark in the music industry with BTOB, in variety as a married man and of course, in leading acting roles. And now he's been named the new MC for 'Inkigayo'!

His agency just confirmed the news, and the idol will be taking Hong Jong Hyun's place, and starting from September 13, he'll join Kim Yoo Jung and GOT7's Jackson.

Sungjae had once spotted in for Hong Jong Hyun back in July, and had naturally worked really well with Kim Yoo Jung and Jackson. So it's no mystery why he was chosen as the new, permanent MC!

You might be wondering who will be emceeing the upcoming September 6 broadcast. The special MC will be none other than B1A4's Baro! That's because Sungjae will be away from an overseas schedule.

Hong Jong Hyun's last time as an 'Inkigayo' MC was the August 30 broadcast. We'll miss Hong Jong Hyun, but we're also excited to see Sungjae as the third 'Inkigayo' MC!

Link http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/09/btobs-sungjae-to-replace-hong-jong-hyun-as-the-new-inkigayo-mc

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/09/sungjae-to-mc-for-inkigayo.html

201509021511771670_55e6932025e5f_99_2015

Article: [Exclusive] Yook Sungjae joins as 'Inkigayo' MC... to take the place of Hong Jong Hyun

Source: OSEN via Naver

1. [+1,110, -66] He's doing so well lately

2. [+979, -56] Wow... it'll be so noisy with Jackson and Yook Sungjae together ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+252, -22] Seeing him often lately...

4. [+258, -35] He's on the rise.. ㅋㅋ Hopefully the rest of the members can do the same

5. [+54, -6] He should leave WGM, it's such a minus to his career

-

Source: Nate

1. [+198, -8] 'Who Are You' really changed his life around

2. [+165, -10] The three were a good combo when he was a special MC. But if he's doing 'Inkigayo' MC, he should leave WGM.

3. [+160, -31] I wonder if women care more about height than anything else? I prefer Yook Sungjae to Hong Jong Hyun. After seeing him on 'Who Are You' and everything, he gives the impression that he grew up with an outgoing personality and has such a comforting feeling to him... meanwhile Hong Jong Hyun.. so boring on WGM with Yura, his acting's so boring, his MCing is so boring..

4. [+28, -1] He should leave WGM~! Too many schedules, he's going to faint..

5. [+23, -2] I trust he'll pull it off well, fighting~~

Moon Geun-young and Yook Seong-jae to lead 'The Village: Achiara's Secret'

http://www.hancinema.net/moon-geun-young-and-yook-seong-jae-to-lead-the-village-achiara-s-secret--86162.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

photo629823.jpg

Moon Geun-young and Yook Seong-jae have been confirmed to co-star in "The Village: Achiara's Secret". Kim So-yoon a native English-speaking teacher. who ended up being in 'Achiara' like a destiny and Park Woo-jae a police officer, who took police exam three times to pass, the two will dig up the secrets of the peaceful and simple village has been hiding.

Moon Geun-young is one of the most outstanding actresses in her 20s, well-known for her strong acting performance built through experiences. Yook Seong-jae surprised viewers with his unexpectedly impressive acting in KBS 'Who Are You - School 2015'. The refreshing combination of these two actors is raising the curiosity about the new drama they will lead.

The village name Achiara is an original Korean word meaning little pond. The village is an average peaceful place where the worst crime has been a theft. But on So-yoon's first day at work as a native English-speaking teacher, a dead body was found in the village. This brought out a forgotten memory among villagers and the peaceful status of the village starts crumbling down.

An associate from SBS said, "So-yoon and Woo-jae are strong and pure-hearted characters, who would not lose their standard until the end while the villagers reveal their true identity as the truth is revealed one by one. We do not have any doubt that Moon Geun-young and Yook Seong-jae will bring the characters to life 200%. They will definitely captivate the eyes and ears of the viewers".

Village Achiara, which has been believed to be a place where most average normal people have been living. As a dead body that was buried secretly a long time ago, has been found, it's not peaceful there any longer. A truth is traced down as the investigation on the corpse found is carried out. "The Village: Achiara's Secret" is scheduled to begin after the completion of 'Yong Pal.

Source : stoo.asiae.co.kr/news... 

Thread for Sungjae's upcoming drama :)

The Village: Achiara's Secret

Achiara-Leads-675x338.jpg

BTOB’s Yook Sungjae Is Confirmed As The Male Lead Alongside Moon Geun Young

Melodys‘ and drama fans, I hope you are prepared for a news bomb!

Yook Sungjae has another chance to prove his rising star status; he’s been cast as the male lead in the upcoming SBS‘ drama “The Village: Achiara’s Secret” and his partner is no other than amazingMoon Geun Young!

Geun Yong is an accomplisthed actress who has worked with some of the best names in the industry including  Chun JungMyungJang GeunSukPark ShiHooLee SangYoon. This will be her comeback drama after a two year absence.  Her last drama was “The Goddess Of Fire” in 2013.

‘Achiara’s Secret’ is about a native English speaking teacher ,played by Geun Young, who discovers a dead person in a quiet little Korean village, setting in motion all of the drama for the story. But don’t you worry she wont be alone, like all K-drama heroines, she will have the help of a handsome someone; a police officer played by our darling Sungjae.  The two meet by chance and the fun begins.

There has been some doubt that an idol so early in his acting career will be up to the standard set by Moon Geun Young.  I believe he will be up to the task; his acting in ‘School 2015: Who Are You?‘ was very good and the director must feel that he can learn from her and hold up his end of the pairing.

This drama is set to be aired in early October,  after the completion of Yong Pal. Will you be watching? I know I will!

Stay tuned with Officially KMusic for the latest news from all arenas of Korean entertainment!

Source: Naver

Link http://officiallykmusic.com/btobs-yook-sungjae-confirmed-male-lead-alongside-moon-geun-young/

Moon Geun Young And Yook Sung Jae Casting Yields Mixed Reactions

moon-geon-young-and-yook-sungjae-will-st

Reports confirming the casting of Moon Geun Young and Yook Sungjae as the leading stars of "The Village," have been met with mixed reactions from domestic audiences. On September 2, Korean outlets including Sports Chosun confirmed that the BtoB member was cast as the leading man of the upcoming SBS series.

In the series, which is also known as "The Village: Achiara's Secret," Yook will portray Park Woo Jae, a policeman who is tasked with solving a murder. He appears in the series alongside seasoned actress Moon Geun Young. 

A report published by Enews provided quotes from the 20-year-old acting idol, who was initially reluctant to take on the role.

"I was cautious leading up to my decision to appear," said Yook, in his interview with Enews. "I will work hard, so that I do not compromise the reputations of Moon Geun Young sunbaenim (an honorific term of repect for seniors) and the other great actors." 

Audiences praised Yook for his role in the teen drama, "Who Are You: School 2015," but a greater significance has been placed on his ability to act opposite Moon. In addition to "Who Are You: School 2015," he previously appeared as Sooksookie in "Reply 1994" and as Kang Min Gu in the weekend drama, "Plus Nine Boys."  

Moon earned the title of Korea's little sister after emerging as a breakout star in projects like the 2000 series "Autumn in My Heart" and the film, "A Tale of Two Sisters." She will portray Soo Yoon, an educator who accepts a teaching assignment in a small village that is plagued by mysterious murders that result in burned corpses. 

The top comment on the Sports Chosun article analyzed the difference between Moon and Yook, in terms of acting experience. "The male lead is way below the female lead," said a commentator, in a post translated by the forum, Netizen Buzz

Critics of "The Village" casting noted that Kim Jae Wook and On Joo Wan were cast as supporting and second lead characters, respectively. 

Kim is known for his roles in "Coffee Prince" and "Who Are You."  Kim has an extensive acting resume which was established after his debut in the 2002 series, "Ruler of the World." 

On Joo Wan will portray Seo Ki Hyeon, the director Of Haewon Steel, in the series. He previously appeared in "Punch," "The Idle Mermaid" and "The Blade and the Petal." 

The series will be directed by Lee Yong Seok (The Great Seer) and written by Do Hyun Jung (Can Love Become Money). "The Village" will premiere after the hit medical drama, "Yong Pal." 

Link: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/95707/20150902/moon-geun-young-and-yook-sung-jae-casting-yields-mixed-reactions.htm

BtoB's Sungjae cast opposite Moon Geun Young in SBS thriller The Village

by Vivi on Wed, Sep 02, 2015

24d9b0aa-17ed-4a94-ada4-a518777671be.png
 3 Comments  11708 Shares

BtoB's Yook Sung Jae has had a big year with his breakout role in School 2015. For those who were disappointed that he wasn't the main lead in that series, we have good news for you! Sungjae has just accepted the lead male role opposite Moon Geun Young in the upcoming SBS murder mystery The Village: Achiara's Secret.

In the series, Sungjae will play a rookie police officer who teams up with Moon Geun Young's English teacher to investigate the appearance of an unidentified corpse in a small village. 

Now, an important distinction here is that this series has been billed as an ensemble thriller, so Sungjae's leading role doesn't necessarily mean that he'll have a loveline with Moon Geun Young. Personally, I'm still holding out hope that if the drama decides to go the romance route, it will be with Ohn Joo Wan or Kim Jae Wook, who have supporting roles in the series. I mean, I love Sungjae and all and I'm very excited that he's getting such a big opportunity so early in his career, but...

I think we all know the right choice here. 

Either way, this is a massive role for Sungjae, and working with a cast full of talented veterans is the perfect chance to refine his acting chops. 

What do you think of the casting so far? Are you hoping for romance in the series? Share your thoughts in the comments! The Village is set to air on SBS following the conclusion of Yong Pal.

Link Dramafever

Link allkpop

BTOB's Sungjae and Jo In Sung are ready to take on outdoor activities in style for 'Black Yak'

Sungjae-jo-in-sung_1441320840_af_org.jpg

BTOB's Sungjae and Jo In Sung are the epitome of the masculine, athletic man in their new campaign photos for outdoor wear brand 'Black Yak'!

The Fall/Winter 2015 campaign pictorial has been revealed, featuring the two models getting ready to play some sports, whether its skateboarding, playing soccer, or even jumping off the wall like Spiderman!

While Jo In Sung has been the brand's model for the 5th year in a row, Sungjae is a new face this year.

'Black Yak' stated, "Jo In Sung's matured experience and masculine beauty, along with Sungjae's freshness and youth showcase the products' features."

jo-in-sung_1441320855_black_yak4.jpg

jo-in-sung_1441320858_black_yak5.jpg

jo-in-sung_1441320859_black_yak6.jpg

jo-in-sung_1441320860_black_yak7.jpg

BTOB's Yook Sungjae, Cute Selfie On The Way To Hong Kong

By Jackie Chung | September 07, 2015 10:32 PM EDT

Yook Sungjae Gets Cute On The Way To Hong Kong
(Photo courtesy of Yook Sung Jae's Twitter) (Photo : (Photo courtesy of Yook Sung Jae's Twitter))
yook sungjae
(Photo courtesy of Yook Sung Jae's Twitter) (Photo : (Photo courtesy of Yook Sung Jae's Twitter))

BTOB member Yook Sungjae revealed a cute self-camera photo.

"I'm coming, Hong Kong," posted Yook on his Twitter on Sunday along with two pictures.

In the pictures, Yook has a neck pillow around him that also has a hood attached to it. He is smiling and making cute poses at the camera with the hood on.

Yook currently became the new MC for SBS "Inkigayo." He is also appearing in the MBC entertainment program "We Got Married."

LINK KPOPSTARZ

Moon Geun Young and Yook Sung Jae Lead the Script Reading for SBS Drama The Village

Posted on September 7, 2015 by ockoala

veolo.jpg

SBS just released script reading pictures for upcoming Wed-Thur drama The Village, which might not have such a high ratings buffer when it premieres in October what with currently airingYongpal‘s noticeable drop in quality and ratings. It’s been low ratings across the board with most prime time dramas these last two years so The Village shouldn’t be expecting to ride Yongpal’s unexpected success, and will hopefully pull out its own reason to watch with an excellent story and riveting acting.

Read more http://koalasplayground.com/

Policeman Sung Jae in action :wub:

"The Village: Achiara's Secret" script reading

photo631376.jpg

The script reading for "The Village: Achiara's Secret" was held on the 4th with Moon Geun-young, Yook Seong-jae, On Joo-wan, Jang Hee-jin, Sin Eun-kyeong, Kim Yong-rim, Jeong Seong-mo, Kim Min-jae, Jang So-yeon, Choi Jae-woong, Ryoo Tae-ho, Park Eun-seok, Ahn Seo-hyeon and 20 others.

Writer Do Hyeon-jeong and producer Lee Yong Suk were also there. Director Lee Yong Suk made a speech saying, "I want all the viewers to think that there was a hint here and make them think like they've missed it". The cast and staff arrived prior to the promised time and had said their hellos.

Moon Geun-young plays Han So-yoon, the person who discovers bodies in the Village of Achiara and stands in the middle of the case. During break Moon Geun-young sat next to Do Hyeon-kyeong and asked her everything she wanted.

Yook Seong-jae in the role of Park Woo-jae, a policeman who digs for the secret of the village did a good job as well. The rest of the cast that day did an outstanding job and made the producer proud as he had boasted that he brought together only the best from Chungmuro.

What heated up the session the most, was the identity of the criminal who had made it so that the dead bodies were discovered. Everyone's eyes sparkled at Lee Yong Suk's hint of the criminal as no one knew who it was and everyone gathered around during break to guess who the criminal might be.

All the members of the cast stayed back to ask questions and discuss their lines with the writer and director after the session. The peaceful Village of Achiara which was thought to be ordinary turns things around when old and dead bodies buried alive are found. "The Village: Achiara's Secret" is written by Do Hyeon-jeong and directed by Lee Yong Suk.

‘The village: Achiara’s secret’ with Moon Geun-young & Yook Sung-jae –First script reading

Posted by: Jin Kim , September 8, 2015

This post is also available in: Korean

090805-1

‘The village: Achiara’s secret’ with Moon Geun-young & Yook Sung-jae –First script reading

The script reading of a drama ‘The village: Achiara’s secret’ was revealed.

20 cast members such as Moon Geun-young, Yook Sung-jae, On Joo-wan, Jang Hee-jin, Shin Eun-kyung, Kim Yong-rim, Jung Sung-mo, Kim Min-jaem, and Jang So-yeon, director Lee Yong-suk, and writer Do Hyun-jung attended the script reading of SBS new special Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘The village: Achiara’s secret’ at SBS Tanhyeon Production Center on September 4.

Director Lee Yong-suk’s said “I will try to form a fine and firm mystery to let the viewer re-watch to find the hints they miss”. Then the reading was started. Each cast member, who came to the venue early and introduced each other, was immersed into his/her role and did realistic acting.

Moon Geun-young as Han So-yoon who finds a body in Achiara and pursue the truth, perfectly played the character.

Yook Sung-jae as Park Woo-jae who is a policeman chasing the secret of the village with her, also showed active and stable acting, so the senior actors/actresses praised him.

.Above all, the criminal’s identify heated the atmosphere of the set. No one knew who committed the crime, so all of the members listened to director Lee Young-suk very carefully. They tried to reason who the criminal is during the break time.

A SBS official said, “All actors and actresses are attracted to the charms of the drama. They asked the director and writer questions after the script reading in order to make a perfect drama. The script has been made for a long time, so it is very firm. We expect the drama to be more exciting when re-watching it because of the compact relationship between the characters and hidden foreshadowing”. It will be aired as the follow-up of SBS Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘Yongpal’

GET IT K Han Jihee Photo by SBS English Translation by Jin Kim

Copyright ⓒ GET IT K(getitk.com), All Rights Reserved.

Link http://www.getitk.com/the-village-achiaras-secret-with-moon-geun-young-yook-sung-jae-first-script-reading/?lang=en

First script reading for Village: Secret of Achiara

by javabeans | September 8, 2015 | 21 Comments

village5.jpgvillage5a.jpg

The cast of SBS’s upcoming Village: Secret of Achiara assembled for its first script reading on Friday, starting with our main lead, Moon Geun-young (above), who’ll be the driving force behind investigating the central mystery. We’ve got a pretty sizable ensemble in play, with the drama featuring a number of diverse characters who populate the seemingly peaceful, crimeless village of Achiara that gets rocked when a dead body comes to light.

Among the cast members are Yook Sung-jae (Who Are You—School 2015) playing a police officer who has to deal with the corpse’s discovery, who’ll aid Moon Geun-young in working the case. Shin Eun-kyung (Oh My Ghostess) plays an artist and gallery director who married rich and went from poverty to elegance and wealth. Ohn Joo-wan (Punch), meanwhile, plays a character who studied to be an architect but instead runs a steel company, and Jang Hee-jin (Scholar Who Walks the Night) is cast as a sexy, mysterious art instructor who has an affair with the town’s most powerful man.

Other cast members include Jang So-yeon (Heard It Through the Grapevine, Secret Love Affair), musical actor Choi Jae-woong (Reset), Ryu Tae-ho (Misaeng), Park Eun-seok(Take Care of Us, Captain), and child actress Ahn Seo-hyun (Shark, Gold Rainbow). Sadly, I don’t see Kim Jae-wook’s name on the cast list anymore, after being reported as confirmed to play an art instructor; it seems he may be out.

Village: Secret of Achiara sounds like the type of show where everybody is suspicious and nobody’s off the hook, with secrets abounding underneath the town’s peaceful facade. None of the actors has been told who the true criminal is, keeping them guessing as well; director Lee Yong-seok said that they get very attentive at his smallest hints, and when actors are gathered in small groups between scenes, he’ll keep stoking their curiosity by mentioning, “The culprit could be here…”

PD Lee also explained his goals for the drama, saying, “We’ll be making a dense, intricate mystery where viewers can look back several times and say, ‘Oh, there was a hint here, I had a clue right in front of my eyes and I missed it.'”

If he can pull off all his goals, it sounds like Village could be right up my alley. For its sake I do hope Yong-pal gets its extension (the production is still in limbo on that, with no decision out whether to keep it at 16 episodes or extend to 20), but it would be the difference between Village starting in a comfortable five weeks, or scrambling to air in three.

village6.jpg

village7.jpg

village3.jpg

village4.jpg

Via Ten Asia

Link: Dramabeans

Guest ruby014

he looks natural acting here :D haha I wish he is really the murderer at the end that would be epic twist!! ^_^ 

The plot looks like the beginnings of School 2015 where we try to think if Eun Byul is really dead or alive haha psycho or not hahaha that was a fun time :P

he looks natural acting here :D haha I wish he is really the murderer at the end that would be epic twist!! ^_^ 

The plot looks like the beginnings of School 2015 where we try to think if Eun Byul is really dead or alive haha psycho or not hahaha that was a fun time :P

Now Sungjae can prove to all the haters and knetz that he is the perfect choice as policeman Park Woo Jae. He didn't even start the filming yet but they throw so much hates and negative comments about him being cast as the male lead. Just like when he cast as Tae Kwang for School 2015, he received so much hates but then they started to love him and bla bla bla. I'm really happy he accept this role despite all the hates and negative comments they throw at him.

And yes, sometimes I was thinking about the same thing too. That Park Woo Jae might be the killer. So the real game will start next month and I really can't wait to see Sungjae back in action. :D

Now Sungjae can prove to all the haters and knetz that he is the perfect choice as policeman Park Woo Jae. He didn't even start the filming yet but they throw so much hates and negative comments about him being cast as the male lead. Just like when he cast as Tae Kwang for School 2015, he received so much hates but then they started to love him and bla bla bla. I'm really happy he accept this role despite all the hates and negative comments they throw at him.

And yes, sometimes I was thinking about the same thing too. That Park Woo Jae might be the killer. So the real game will start next month and I really can't wait to see Sungjae back in action. :D

Honestly, I think those who throw shades to idols trying to be an actor are old people ... they are like traditional thinking that one must stick on singing only because he/she is an idol ...imo that for me is a boring thing ... they need to give chance to idols as they also give leeway when models want to be an actor/actress ( imo only few model turn actors can really act) 

And to prove that Sungjae is an idol actor who can act is his nomination for Best Male Newcomer Award in Korean Drama Awards.

(credit to @melody56 who run @Sungjae_Fanbase (twitter) and she always update us with the latest news! Thank you so much!)

Hehe you're welcome. The kid is everywhere so I'm busy too, especially today. I'm so happy he finally got nominated for an award! Honestly the other nominees aren't that strong. There are some other rookies who got praised a lot for their acting, like Ji Soo in Angry Mom. So I'm surprised at the list. I think it's an obvious win for Sungjae because whole Korea is about him nowadays. But korean awards are known to be corrupted so still I shouldn't expect much. 

It seems like negative comments about him are getting less now that there are some updates about the drama. The first teaser seems so exciting and scary lol. I'm glad he chooses good dramas, not some boring rom-coms. I hope he learns a lot from senior actors and gets more love again. 

And I hope he releases another OST, hopefully with BTOB :P  

Archived