Nam Joo Hyuk 남주혁

melleri

https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/24/bride-water-god-releases-photos-first-script-reading/

Upcoming drama “Bride of the Water God” has released still cuts of the cast’s first script that took place in March.

Actors including Shin Se KyungNam Joo HyukIm Joo Hwan, f(x)’s Krystal, and Gong Myung took part in the read-through with producer Kim Byung Soo and writer Jung Yoon Jung.

Kim Byung Soo started off by saying, “I will work my hardest so we can complete the drama well without any troubles.” Jung Yoon Jung showed her trust in the cast and crew, adding, “If the actors and production team work hard together, a great drama is bound to be born. I hope the incredible passion of the actors can allow us to create something that capture the hearts of viewers.”

Once the script reading began, the facial expressions of the actors completely shifted as they poured in passion for their new characters.

Shin Se Kyung brought her character So Ah to life with expressive emotions and youthful energy. She commented, “Please look forward to the sweet romance with the water god,” hinting at her chemistry with Nam Joo Hyuk.

Nam Joo Hyuk declared, “I will work my hardest,” and showed the thought he put into his character, the water god Ha Baek, with impressive facial expressions and gestures.

Im Joo Hwan, Krystal, and Gong Myung also demonstrated their strong acting skills and unique charms, raising anticipation for the positive result their teamwork will bring to the drama.

“Bride of the Water God” is a modern day adaption of a Korean manhwa of the same title. The tvN drama will air its first episode on July 3 at 10:50 p.m. KST after the conclusion of “Circle.”

• Like 2

Additional details on the characters of the primary cast. Taken from the BOTWG thread.

First Script Reading for Bride of the Water God  -

Get ready for some fun! The fantasy rom-com manhwa adaptation Bride of the Water God 2017 held its first script read and released cast photos. In the original popular manhwa, a girl from a drought-stricken land is offered to the water god as a sacrifice for rain. Unlike the original, the remake will be set in 2017 and will have a completely new setup while using the original characters and their dynamics.

In this new story, Nam Joo-hyuk (Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-ju) plays the main role of the water god Ha-baek. He is described as a serious, chic, and narcissistic god. Shin Se-kyung (Six Flying Dragons) plays So-ah, a doctor who is the unknowing bride to the water god, whose family is destined to serve the water god for generations.

Im Joo-hwan (Uncontrollably Fond) plays self-made entrepreneur and perfect human, Hu-ye, who is even more perfect than the gods. Krystal (She’s So Lovable) plays the goddess Mu-ra, who is an official of the god-world water department and is sent to the human world. Gong Myung (Individualist Ji-young) plays the god Bi-ryum, who is an official of the sky department.

This drama has some heavy hitters behind it with PD Kim Byung-soo (NineQueen In-hyun’s Man) and writer Jung Yoon-jung (MisaengArang and the Magistrate) both signed on. I loved Queen In-yun’s Man and I lived for Misaeng, so I’m looking forward to what this pairing has to offer. Unfortunately, I also have a feeling that Bride of the Water God 2017 will inevitably be compared to The Lonely Shining Goblin, which has become the benchmark for all new fantasy dramas. Both shows share similar elements: a bride promised to a god and a spiritual world functioning within the human realm, but hopefully Bride of the Water God 2017 will make a name for itself by doing things differently.

Bride of the Water God 2017 will air on Mondays and Tuesdays following Circle. It premieres July 3 on tvN.

• Like 1

Sorry no new photo to share. I just got back. Seeing the BTS photos, looks like Joo Hyuk put on weight! That's good! He lost a lot while live filming WFKBJ. I wonder what are the rival dramas opposite BOTWG? Although their timeslot is 10:50pm and most Mon-Tue dramas are 9:50 or 10pm

@ilove7 yay! You're back!! Joo Hyuk looks much better now with his weight gain and maybe the pacing of their filming helped since it's pre produced. Is the 10:50 pm time slot too late for some viewers? Anyway, July can't come soon enough!

• Like 1