Guest ororomunroe

This is bad. This is bad. This is bad.

I am beginning to ship PHJ and KGE and hope they date in real life. 

This is bringing back memories of when I ship two characters in a drama and wished they dated in real life....

OTTOKE!

The BTS is not going to help me get over this wish. Have you seen how cute and comfortable they are with each other? I don't feel that between SKJ and KGE...

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking of compiling all OST and songs used in the drama and placing them in the first post. I will do this later with the help of the TS. This is such a meta post, please ignore.

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

All this talk of who is male lead seems irrelevant if we're talking about romance. For me the question is simple: Who does Seol want to be with?

This. :)  If we apply this in real life, we wouldn't even care about what other people say about the person we chose. They've got standards; we have our own. Even if someone is kind to you and your family and saves you in times of trouble, you don't owe that person your heart. I apologize if I offend migrating R88 fans, but I refuse to go to that discourse route because it's pointless in this context. Otherwise, we'd just project our personal dating biases and romantic ideals at the expense of reducing the narrative.

As for InHo being the male lead,  consider whom the characters are hinged on. Their common friends/acquaintances are Seol and Jung. The flashbacks help us understand Jung's sketchy personality. The story is mainly told from Seol's perspective. 

20 minutes ago, madlena said:

As many people saw in the preview the scene in the car where they are approaching each other for a kiss ill write a.major spoiler for everyone interested...

Hide contents

The scene in the car is not their first kiss scene but a scene where jung hugged her really tightly and approached her for a kiss and she panicked as always but then felt kinda bad and grabbed him and kissed his cheek! Their kiss scene comes after a gathering with sang chul and the other guys and they offer seol alcohol which jung drinks all of it so that she stays sobber and instead he gets drunk and seol takes him out for some fresh air and he collapses near a wall and they kiss, like 3 times!!! Im telling you its awesome!!

Really??how do you know? I dont read all the chapter yet... whoaaa i'm in love with these two!!

‘Cheese in the Trap’ Publication Right Was Sold to Japan!

2ddmwx8iiuabms8s2d8hkoqiaw4qlqed.jpg

‘Cheese in the Trap’ publication right was officially sold to Japan.

tvN drama ‘Cheese in the Trap’ that airs on Mondays and Tuesdays, sold its publication right to Japan.

In the drama, Park Hae Jin plays the role of Yoo Jung, who is sweet but somewhat creepy, and sweeps the small screens. The audiences are giving feedbacks that Park Hae Jin is the matchless person for the role.

According to the drama manager, its publication right was officially sold to Japan and its first episode will air in March, then rest of the episodes will air through Japan’s Mnet Japan from April. As the original web cartoon earned a huge popularity in the country, the local fans are waiting for the drama.

Moreover, the mass public is paying attention to it because Park Hae Jin features in it. He continues active performances in the country as he held his Japan tour concerts and released an album.

source

Hi everyone!  I'm new to this thread but have been following the drama since it started.  I'm just loving Cheese in The Trap and have even started reading the webtoon.  Hehe!

Anyway, I loved the last episode and how it featured cute moment between Jung and Seol.  I also liked the scene where Seol handed Jung her gift and they hugged.  However, I'm wondering if the light flickering on and off during that scene has any significance to their relationship or to Jung himself.  At first I thought it was a way to hide his happiness or smile over receiving a gift from Seol.  But having watched and rewatched that scene a couple of times, his smile was evident even when the light flickered on. Or could it be a symbolism of his growing awareness (I hope) of showing his emotions and freely expressing it.  It could also be a sign of Seol learning to trust him a lot better and her increasing affection for Jung.  It'll be interesting to find out just what the light flickering on and off meant.  I'm not sure if I'm being putting too much into it but I've learned to appreciate some of the subtle nuances in this drama which I think means something as well.

Anyway, can't wait for Monday!  

I don't think we can just say that YJ is misunderstood. There is a lot of that, sure, but not only that! Same thing with keeping to himself.Yes, I totally agree with him keeping a lot to himself. I like how he is trying hard to be honest with Seol, even if that means she is going to be angry at him. But there is more than that... I think that's why people try to label him as a sociopath. Maybe that is too strong a word but he does go out of his way sometimes to manipulate people to get rid of some people he does not like or who bother him, or just to get revenge. I mean YJ does some thinsg sometimes... I mean we've all wanted to do those kinds of things but wanting to do them and actualy doing them are two different matters... YJ goes all the way.

I cannot remember who but someone mentioned that they like In Ho better than in the webtoon. So do I!

Honestly, I had doubts about the two male actors at firt: I thought PHJ was too old and SKJ was too short. They still are but theya re doing such a great job! :wub:

2 hours ago, qwenli said:

I am very disturb with all this sociopath labelling. Just becos Jung is frequently misunderstood please dont label him. I went to look up the defination of a sociopath and he didnt fit most of them. He talks to his classmates, goes to gathering, has moral compass and is clear on his goals in life.

psychology today article

Hope you don't mind if I add my two cents in.  I also agree that he's not a sociopath.  He is a misunderstood person and yes... he does have issues and he can be quite scary when crossed.  At first I thought he had like a multiple or dual personality given his "goodie" and darker sides.  I guess his perspective of a "dog eat dog" life or "an eye for an eye" belief has affected his thinking and actions.  He is manipulative though and has a different sense of justice.  I just hope that him being with Seol and their enhanced interactions will help him improve a bit.  Although I'm not sure if Seol's feelings for him would be enough for her to stay by his side or if she's enough of a conduit to change Jung.

I just need to say, before a psychologist identifies and labels a client such and such (or not such and such) it takes a lot of work (I normally wrap everything up like 2 weeks to a month), many people, and so much much more than someone meeting a checklist of checklist. To conduct a full on assessment yes we give you a test but man those tests...there are so many things we got to think about (standardization, validity, reliability, the person themselves and what may or not have affected/effected results) and since there is so much about a person than just test we do a lot beyond that in order to make the best identification. We test and checklist but we also conduct observations of a client in various settings (and sometimes by more than one person to get varying opinions because many things in life are subjective), we do social developmental history, conduct interviews (friends, family, teachers, coworkers, the client, boyfriend, girlfriend, classmat, etc) we look into your background (your grades, work, old tests scores you got, old observations, etc. We compare and contrast and debate. We talk talk talk to people. We research, research, research on everything (seriously the amount of investigations the potential how and why of a trait, behavior, results...). It is a lot of work and sometimes scary work because what we write or say can determine a lot about a person's life or future. Trust when I say it goes beyond checklists and test (which are really just the starting points).

Also those tests....they're not as lock down trustable like people think. The test really are just a serious of numbers and what determines one as being "crazy" or "normal" are digits. For example 85-115 means your average. If someone scores 84 which technically you're below average, but it's 1 point (which is still a big deal) off from being average. Depending on what you write a kid can be pulled from their regular classroom to supplementary or something classroom. There are many reasons why this person would be "below average, however borderline and close to average. We use so much more than just a score to make identifications, labels, and recommendations. We don't even just test once or use one test. I normally use 3 different tests when testing academic abilities. There is a lot of comparing and discussing and... Sorry to get too much into what I enjoy studying and hope to be. But people are being too simplistic and quick to label Jung as something or not simply based on a checklist. Psychologist are required to do so much more in order to reach conclusions. It's not that simple (check check check, you're a sociopath. It doesn't work like that). If you don't look at/see your individual client, understand that individualness and why it goes beyond standard score numbers, you and your client are screwed. One of the hardest (and sometimes rare but easy) things to do is identify and label someone and even that (the identification and labeling) is just the beginning. After that comes the recommendations. What do you do with that person and that label? How do you help them? etc etc..

Lets not be so quick to label Jung (or any of the characters) as such and such because in real life we are missing too much information on all of them (a lot of background information to begin with) to have conclusive, conclusions. 

@chicann7 i think the door light is an automatic sensor, when someone is at the door,it comes on so that its easier to put in the key and unlock the door.

But becos they keep standing there, the light just keep coming off n on.

I think it just add to the romantic element.:wub::wub::wub: (sorry meant to press for one heart but 3 came out.lol

8 minutes ago, qwenli said:

@chicann7 i think the door light is an automatic sensor, when someone is at the door,it comes on so that its easier to put in the key and unlock the door.

But becos they keep standing there, the light just keep coming off n on.

I think it just add to the romantic element.:wub::wub::wub: (sorry meant to press for one heart but 3 came out.lol

@qwenli Ohhhh... so that's what it was..  Hehe!! Me and my romantic notions!!! I thought it held a special meaning like the first time that Jung brought Seol home and the light flickered on when he asked if they could date.  Hehe!  

Love your three hearts also!!! Hehe!  :D ;)

21 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

But does he need to change? To what extent can he or anyone really change? Would Seol want him to change? Isn't she more the type to try to accept him as he is?

@carolinedl  hmmm... interesting question.... I guess given human nature, it would be difficult for someone to really change.  For me, I'd rather have him lighten up on the sometimes manipulative things that he does, regardless of the reason why he's opted to do it.  My take on Jung is that he has a tendency to keep track of the unfair things that happened to him and to other people and tends to use that information to get what he wants.  

And yes, given Seol's personality, she may end up accepting him as he is, but I'm hoping she'll add weight to his moral compass - which he already has, so that he won't end up being more darker than he already is.  

Well, at least that's what I think.  :)

**Sorry for the double post!

does anyone know why Seol is so afraid she acts scared a lot did the stalker molested her or something?? anybody know of this?? 

In the summary they said that Seol has a dark side as well?? is that true?

I am loving this can't believe that we have to wait till next week sniff sniff

6 hours ago, 999hearts said:
  Hide contents

If I'm not mistaken, Jung saw Seol being friendly to YG from afar. But later, he only told YG something like "It seems like Seol cares for you." The one who truly made YG "aware" of Seol was Nam Jooyeon. Nam Jooyeon was also a victim of YG's antics. By diverting the attention to Seol, she hoped that YG would completely stop harassing her. YG telling Seol that Jung was the one who sent him to her is just his misinterpretation of what Jung said.

I agree with you. Even SC testified that NJY was the one who talked to YG later, while YJ's words were more superficial! 

Nevertheless, YG's words should have stopped HS from being suspicious about YJ, after the stalker described her behaviour as "femme fatale". YG mentioned, HS would have seduced YJ, In HO and Eun Taek. HS knows perfectly well,  she has never seduced ET and In Ho. So making her looking bad proves that all those words weren't to take seriously, but HS has still some doubts about YJ, especially after hearing from In Ho that YJ would beat such guys. 

Actually, HS is asking from YJ to be more honest and not to act behind her back. Yet, she is not really honest with him. She could have mentioned the stalker problem to YJ, but she didn't.

The dream was interesting because it shows that her affection for YJ is stronger than she thinks, it is. 

51 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

But does he need to change? To what extent can he or anyone really change? Would Seol want him to change? Isn't she more the type to try to accept him as he is?

I agree with @carolinedl. In any relationship, you come to accept the behaviour, personality of the person you love. Yes, you may feel the need to improve but isn't that more of making the person meet your expectations. Now is that truly love?

Great to see a psychological discussion here @MrsSoJiSub. I am a Psych tutor and sometimes it is easy for people to come up with an explanation for a particular behaviour so we can quickly pigeonhole him/her and say ah...'Now I know why you are behaving this way' 

Perhaps how YJ grew up and the environment he was in moulded him into who he is today. He rather keeps to himself as he can observe how people are, either taking advantage of him and not seeing the real him and what he needs. Perhaps he already had this stoic personality and does not explain what he is doing or has done because who is going to care? Seol may be the first person who attempts to understand his behaviour and the first step would also be for him to open up. We see more exchanges of Seol's and YJ's personal life as they talk about fathers and Seol shares her story of how she met Bora and first impressions and he shares with her the story with In Ho. Hopefully we will also get to see/hear what happened in more detail between him and the Baek siblings. 

Whether he is a sociopath or not, we cannot decide now as we don't have a full picture. We know he can be manipulative and yet does not see clearly the consequences of his actions on the people around him. He wonders at that. He can be apathetic towards some people - remained expressionless when Sang Chul was pleading with him, getting TA Heo to lose his report and his emotionless response to the neighbour (Joo Young?) when he was at the police station. By interacting with Seol, we see more emotion, we see more expressions and so he is changing. Maybe not for Seol but for himself. 

Does anyone know the song played in episode 6 min.30? (when he's trying Seol's watch) and also what's the one playing in the end? (oh, but that's probably from the OST and hasn't been released yet though).

Archived