Kim Jong Kook 김종국

Guest jinjjapurry

Guest jinjjapurry

Kim Jong-Kook 김종국
welcoming the new born actor from the k-pop singer and variety commander

1381759882_92fc57fcb85170648f637cb53ef71

Name: Kim Jong-Kook (김종국 )Date of Birth: April 25, 1976
Place of Birth: South KoreaBlood type: AHobby: Weight Training, Football, Boxing, Football Video Game

DRAMA DEBUT
KBS2TV Drama 2015 Producer 프로듀사 as Kim Hong-Soon (PD of Entertainment Division)

OFFICIAL WEBSITE & FAN CLUBS
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.kimjongkook.co.krCAFE DAUM: http://cafe.daum.net/jongkooklove/FAN CLUB PAPITUS TWITTER: https://twitter.com/jk_papitusFAN CLUB PAPITUS INSTAGRAM: https://instagram.com/papitus_official/

Guest jinjjapurry

Kim Jong Kook Joins Kim Soo Hyun in “Producer”

crystalcove March 19, 2015

kim-jong-kook.jpg

Singer and variety star Kim Jong Kook is making his drama acting debut with the highly anticipated KBS drama “Producer.”

Kim Jong Kook is in the final stages of signing the contract and is set to play a variety show PD and will be a senior to Cha Tae Hyun’s character. He will be attending the first script reading next month. In real life, Cha Tae Hyun and Kim Jong Kook are well-known longtime best friends and peers.

“Producer” is set in the world of the variety entertainment department of a television network. Gong Hyo Jin and Cha Tae Hyun will play senior PDs, while IU will play a top songstress. The drama will be helmed by Seo Soo Min, a variety show PD who has led “Gag Concert” and “1 Night 2 Days.

The drama is set to air in late April or early May during the Friday-Saturday 11 p.m. time slot.

source: http://www.soompi.com/2015/03/19/kim-jong-kook-joins-kim-soo-hyun-in-producer/

Guest jinjjapurry

Kim Jong Kook to make drama debut alongside Kim Soo Hyun, IU, and Gong Hyo Jin in the Producers

by CoCo Kdrama on Fri, Mar 20, 2015

kjk_2_1_yorS55d.jpg

Just when you thought casting news for the K-drama Producers couldn't get any better, it has been confirmed that Running Man's Kim Jong Kook will be joining Gong Hyo JinIUKim Soo Hyun, and Cha Tae Hyun in the upcoming series!

Kim Jong Kook has officially decided to take on the challenge of acting in the new drama Producers. After he returns from his tour in China, he will participate in the script reading next week. Producers will be his first drama, and he will be taking on the role of the producer of a variety show. Because of his popularity in China, he and Kim Soo Hyun will attract a large fandom from the Asian market. Producers will be probably air at the end of April or early May on on KBS2.

I just adore Kim Jong Kook because not only is he hilarious on Running Man, he is also handsome and sweet in real life! I can't wait to see his acting debut! Will you be tuning in to Producers

cr: Dramafever

Guest jinjjapurry

commander's pics while filming his debut drama - producer

0062K7DFjw1eqrd59zm10j30no0vkac2.jpg
0062K7DFjw1eqrd5dr1g2j30no0vk765.jpg
0062K7DFjw1eqrd6cshbsj30no0vktku.jpg
credit: as tag on pic

10731763_712516945525470_611835653_n.jpg
source: kjkintl instagram

April 8, 2015
Entertainment shows renew Korean wave in China
The Korean wave has until now been led mostly by leading actors and actresses. 
However, the popularity of locally produced entertainment shows is adding a new element to “hallyu.” 
restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20150408Kim Jong-kook (OSEN)

Singer Kim Jong-kook and actor Lee Kwang-soo, who rose to fame through SBS’ entertainment show “Running Man,” are rising as unlikely stars in China. Aided by the continued popularity of the SBS show, Lee and Kim are now said to be among the most sought after Korean celebrities in China.
restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20150408Lee Gwang-soo (OSEN)

According to reports, Lee left for China on Tuesday to star in a variety show that puts two celebrities in a mock relationship. 
Kim, who has long been a household name in Korea, is now in high demand in China. 
According to Kim’s agency, Chinese film producers have pitched projects that stars Kim in the leading role. Lee and Kim are reported to be receiving between 50 million won ($46,000) and 100 million won for every television appearance in China. 
The impact of Korean entertainment shows’ popularity in China is not limited to boosting select celebrities’ earnings. According to industry sources, local broadcasters have also been focusing on conducting joint projects with Chinese counterparts in order cash in on the trend.
Industry sources say that exporting the format of an entertainment show generates only limited profits, while co-production projects allows Korean firms to take as much as 20 percent of the profits generated in Korea. 
By Choi He-suk (cheesuk@heraldcorp.com)

April 8, 2015
Kim Jong Kook, “I know nothing of fashion, so I’m appearing on ‘Fashion King’”
Source: Innolife.com
13978_1.jpg
Kim Jong-Gook showed his determination toward appearing on fashion survival ‘Fashion King’.At the production conference of ‘Fashion King – Secret Box’ held at SBS Prism Tower on April 8th and said, “You will have fun watching the program.”
Kim Jong-Gook is working with ‘Fashion King’ with Jeong Doo-Yeong designer as a team, and he said, “I don’t know about fashion. There are many people considering me as having no relations with fashion, so I’m here. Look forward to me learning about fashion. I’m happy to be with the winner of season 1, designer Jeong Doo-Yeong. He wants to win it, so look forward to it, too.”
‘Fashion King – Secret Box’ is a collaboration of Korea and China with SBS Media Net and Youku Todou, the biggest video site in China. The best star representing Korea and China are going to make teams with best designers to have fierce competition.
In Korea, Kim Jong-Gook & Jeong Doo-Yeong, Yoo In-Na & Go Tae-Yong, Lee Jeong-Shin & Gwak Hyeon-Joo made teams.   
Meantime, ‘Fashion King – Secret Box’ will be broadcasted on April 25th 10 PM through SBS funE and Youku Todou. [Photo=Urban Works ENT]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kyung-jin

itemprop="name"Happy Birthday! 7 Reasons to love Kim Jong Kook

by whatadrama on Fri, Apr 24, 2015

kimjongkook.jpg

Kim Jong Kook is a restless man. In addition to being Running Man's most powerful man, he's taking a stab at his first acting role ever on new drama Producer, which premieres May 17 exclusively on DramaFever! Celebrating his 39th birthday tomorrow, we came up with seven reasons to love him. Scroll down to see how many you agree with us!

1. He taught himself how to speak fluent English 

kim_jong_suk_dramafever_awards_1_FVhJniC

Kim Jong Kook says lhe earned to speak English so he can help his mother travel abroad more comfortably when they go together.

2. He collaborated with Will Smith

K-2.jpg

Kim Jong Kook's 90s band Turbo was featured in the Korean version of Will Smith’s single "Just the Two of Us."

3. Sparta Kook is self disciplined

f119b84a4082bdf4af9cd0437080195f.jpg

On Running Man, Kim Jong Kook astonishes others with his strength and power, although in fact he's been suffering from slipped disc in his lower back for years. He shares he also strictly regulates his diet and never eats anything too salty like ramen. 

4. Always challenging himself

30000432418_700.jpg

87245478.jpg

Kim Jong Kook's friend and celebrity Hong Suk Chun said, “It’s only natural that humble and hard working Jong Kook is loved all over the world. I learn a lot from him."

He loves a good challenge. He's not afraid to cross dress, show his love for another man, learn about fashion as an outsider or even film a drama for the first time. The highly anticipated upcoming drama Producer is Kim Jong Kook's debut drama.

5. Charity

KimJongkook3rdAnnualDramaFeverAwardsDBB2

When the ferry Sewol accident happened April 2014, Kim Jong Kook gave fifty thousand dollars for those affected by the accident. 

6. He comes from a family of talents 

kim_jong_kook_niece_soya_dramafever_what

Kim Jong Kook's niece Soya is a singer who debuted in 2010. Soya said in an interview she dreamed of becoming a singer when younger listening to Kim Jong Kook's boy band Turbo. Soya's fashion designer mother designed Turbo's costumes back in the day. Soya released her second album My Team, Other Team in January.

7. He is adorable when he gets shy in front of girls... with the exception of Ace Ji Hyo

images_gXUvhRR.jpg

Running Man costar Yoo Jae Suk likes to make fun of Kim Jong Kook by throwing out Yoon Eun Hye's name. Kim Jong Kook also blushed like crazy holding Moon Geun Young's hands in an October 2012 episode of Running Man.

"I love challenging work in all other areas but when it comes to women, it’s hard for me," Kim Jong Kook said. “Women always came to me first,” Kim Jong Kook said in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKa05O8nCQc, “I’m not good (at asking girls out) because I’m shy.”

20121014022200_0.jpg

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/happy-birthday-kim-jong-kook-7-reasons-we-love-him/

Archived