Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

10 hours ago, willenette said:

*** I've seen the BTS for the drama, never have I ever seen Ji Chang Wook this playful before. They’re so cute. :tongue:

[remander snipped]

@willenette and everyone else, can we please keep the mega-posts down to a minimum and place more than three photos/videos in Spoiler Tags?  Soompi Rules and all that, and the platform is having troubles again in loading all the massive amounts of media postings that have occurred over the past month or so.  Also please check a page or so behind to ensure that photos and videos have not been posted previously (as in the case of the Guerilla Date appearance).  Would be greatly appreciated to assist our hard-working technology minions here.  Thanks tons!

3 hours ago, rhienz said:

Hello, dears. I need help hear. *smile*
So I read on twitter that Wook will be doing VLive JCW's Proposal: Say Good Bye on Jul 28. What confused me is it's time. On one post I read it'll be on 4:30PM, another post 3:30PM. But when I opened it on my browser its written 1PM. So, is what was written according to everyone time line? Actually I'm not familiar with V App yet. I really appreciate anyone who can enlighten me on this matter. Thank you so much.*love* 

Edit: Is there any news about the broadcast date for Yoo Hee-yeol Sketchbook with Wook? @cherkell

The Vlive is scheduled for 28 July 2017 at 8:00pm KST.  VLive will always reflect your current time zone when you open the application, which makes it quite misleading.

"Sketchbook" is tentatively scheduled for its broadcast this Saturday, 29 July 2017 at 12:15am KST on KBS2, but not officially confirmed.  I just returned home and will check the schedule to make sure it's this weekend.

• Like 3

Ji Chang Wook Details What He Wants To Achieve Before He Enlists In The Army

Ji-Chang-Wook3.jpg

As the days dwindle down until he has to enlist in the army, Ji Chang Wook recently sat down for an interview during his recent concert.

Shown during the July 25 broadcast of SBS’s “Night of Real Entertainment,” the interview gave a closer look at what the actor has planned for the next couple of weeks, ahead of his enlistment date.

Sharing his list of things he wants to do, Ji Chang Wook revealed,, “I should go on a vacation with my mother. I will spend time with my friends. I have to organize my [bank] accounts, and because my house is leased, I have to make arrangements for that as well.”

When the host commented that his plans are so realistic, he replied, “Of course. This is reality.”

The actor also stated that he would not cry on the day he enlists, because “it is not becoming of a man.” However, he laughed while adding, “What if I end up crying a lot after saying this?”

He signed off from the interview by relaying his thoughts to his fans, saying, “I will return after protecting our country. Until then, I hope you all will be healthy.”

Meanwhile, Ji Chang Wook is set to enlist on August 14 as an active-duty soldier in order to fulfill his mandatory military requirement.

Source: https://www.soompi.com/2017/07/25/ji-chang-wook-details-wants-achieve-enlists-army/

=====================

@cherkell Welcome back, dear. Thank you for answering my question when maybe you got a jet lag. *bow*

Edited by rhienz
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, LoVeCartier said:

The segment should be 6 minutes long but sbs uploaded 2+ minutes.

We'll have the full segment up soon.  Stay tuned!  :D

4 hours ago, rhienz said:

@cherkell Welcome back, dear. Thank you for answering my question when maybe you got a jet lag. *bow*

You know, it's weird... all the [redacted] years that I've been travelling worldwide, and I STILL never suffer from jet lag.  I must be put together the wrong way.  :tongue:

• Like 2

[Eng Sub] 20170725 Night of Real Entertainment – Date With Ji Chang Wook

hanbam-e30-170725-01.jpg?w=600&h=363

Ji Chang Wook is keeping himself (and us) busy by making so many appearances before he leaves for the army. He showed up on “Night of Real Entertainment” again barely a month after his previous one that was filmed when “Suspicious Partner” was still airing. 

This time, he talks about his new “King of Romantic Comedy” status, his plans before enlistment, and a favourite topic that we haven’t heard for quite a while — food. He proves that he is capable of charming women with just a milkshake.  (Cue Milkshake song: My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard…)  :tongue:

Watch it with English subtitles here (click on CC for subtitles)https://vimeo.com/226924549

Subbed by Ji Chang Wook’s Kitchen. PLEASE DO NOT REPRINT, REPURPOSE, SCREENCAP OR OTHERWISE COPY OUR CONTENT WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION. These videos were uploaded for the sole purpose of providing English subtitles to international fans. No copyright infringement intended.

[NOTE:  Due to the rampant and blatant misappropriation (i.e., stealing) of our subbed videos, The Kitchen will no longer be embedding our videos into Soompi posts.  Click the link above to access.]

• Like 3

20394301_218091542049354_629348378290946

His letter to his fans

Eng Sub #1

Spoiler

"I'm fluttering to say hello in hand writing after a long time.
Even though my writing is bad and I write a letter incoherently, I want you to read it with love !!
A while ago, Suspicious Partner ended being loved a lot!!!!
This is also a drama that I really worked happily and pleasantly.
Of course, while shooting, I was really tired because of too busy shooting schedule. 
But thanks to you loving me generously, I encouraged myself and could finish it safely.
As expected. You are the best!! The best!! The best!! Wow!! Keep shouting!!
And after completing this drama and taking a short vacation..Finally, I'll join the army.
Maybe soon, the very short parting will come between us. ㅠ.ㅠ
Don't feel sad too much. 
I'll do the army service more harder and healthier and be back safely.
Please.... a little.... Please wait for me only a little ♡ 
You will wait for me, won't you?
I feel sorry that I didn't give back all of much love received from you yet. 
I 'll love you much more after coming back from the army.
Till then, you must be healthy♡♡♡
Looking back, it took much time from debut to joining the army, even though it is too late.
What made me stand right here and endure everything until now is YOU, my fans who always have protected and loved me. 
Therefore, it's okay for my fans to have pride♡♡
Always thanks. 
Love love love you.
It's not bad for me to write with a pen often.

Then ... See you later!! 2017.7.22"

cr: 69nanilove instagram

Eng Sub #2

Spoiler

"Haven't wrote up letter by hand for long to say hello to everyone, I'm getting excited!

A little bit messy but hopefully everyone could try to read and understand. 
I was shooting #SuspiciousParnter recently. This drama is so loved by a lots of audiences, I was enjoying so much during the shooting. Although the schedule was very tight that I felt so stressed out, but because of everyone, it came out successfully, everyone in the end of course is the highest!! Highest!! Screaming!!!!!! .
After completion of this drama, rest a little bit...finally...I'm heading to the army.

It is look like we are going to separate for a short period of time... Please don't feel too reluctant to see me go, I will work hard to finish army to come back safely even late...only a little bit , short time, please wait for me...you will wait for me...will you...
I feel sorry that I couldn't have chance to return your love, but I will be back very soon. 
I!!will give you!!Even more love! ! ❤️❤️
So please be healthy until I come back!❤️❤️
Time flies from my debuted day to enlisting, I could do well all because of my fans who protect means love me all the way. All my fans are so proud of me, I'm really thankful for that, ❤️❤️❤️
Love you , love you , love you oh. 
It will be good to write letters by hands, let's meet again next time.

July 22rd, 2017
Ji Chang Wook"

cr: zosiajcw instagram

• Like 7

11 hours ago, LoVeCartier said:

His letter to his fans

Eng Sub #1

Reveal hidden contents

"I'm fluttering to say hello in hand writing after a long time.
Even though my writing is bad and I write a letter incoherently, I want you to read it with love !!
A while ago, Suspicious Partner ended being loved a lot!!!!
This is also a drama that I really worked happily and pleasantly.
Of course, while shooting, I was really tired because of too busy shooting schedule. 
But thanks to you loving me generously, I encouraged myself and could finish it safely.
As expected. You are the best!! The best!! The best!! Wow!! Keep shouting!!
And after completing this drama and taking a short vacation..Finally, I'll join the army.
Maybe soon, the very short parting will come between us. ㅠ.ㅠ
Don't feel sad too much. 
I'll do the army service more harder and healthier and be back safely.
Please.... a little.... Please wait for me only a little ♡ 
You will wait for me, won't you?
I feel sorry that I didn't give back all of much love received from you yet. 
I 'll love you much more after coming back from the army.
Till then, you must be healthy♡♡♡
Looking back, it took much time from debut to joining the army, even though it is too late.
What made me stand right here and endure everything until now is YOU, my fans who always have protected and loved me. 
Therefore, it's okay for my fans to have pride♡♡
Always thanks. 
Love love love you.
It's not bad for me to write with a pen often.

Then ... See you later!! 2017.7.22"

cr: 69nanilove instagram

Eng Sub #2

Reveal hidden contents

"Haven't wrote up letter by hand for long to say hello to everyone, I'm getting excited!

A little bit messy but hopefully everyone could try to read and understand. 
I was shooting #SuspiciousParnter recently. This drama is so loved by a lots of audiences, I was enjoying so much during the shooting. Although the schedule was very tight that I felt so stressed out, but because of everyone, it came out successfully, everyone in the end of course is the highest!! Highest!! Screaming!!!!!! .
After completion of this drama, rest a little bit...finally...I'm heading to the army.

It is look like we are going to separate for a short period of time... Please don't feel too reluctant to see me go, I will work hard to finish army to come back safely even late...only a little bit , short time, please wait for me...you will wait for me...will you...
I feel sorry that I couldn't have chance to return your love, but I will be back very soon. 
I!!will give you!!Even more love! ! ❤️❤️
So please be healthy until I come back!❤️❤️
Time flies from my debuted day to enlisting, I could do well all because of my fans who protect means love me all the way. All my fans are so proud of me, I'm really thankful for that, ❤️❤️❤️
Love you , love you , love you oh. 
It will be good to write letters by hands, let's meet again next time.

July 22rd, 2017
Ji Chang Wook"

cr: zosiajcw instagram

Hi LoVeCartier, thanks for sharing the translations of his letter. I'm glad that his recent drama was a success one! I think & I believe that JCW will do really well in the military. :tongue:

• Like 3

On 7/28/2017 at 11:50 PM, LoVeCartier said:

Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook (singing part)

KBS only put up that video as a out-take for the actual show that will air late Saturday night/early Sunday morning at 12:00 midnight.  "101 Reasons Why I Like You" will not be included in the Sketchbook broadcast.  Apparently KBS lied to us; "101 Reasons" was aired for the broadcast.

• Like 1

[Event] Ji Chang Wook’s “Goodbye Proposal” to his fans

vlive13.jpg?w=600

Ji Chang Wook appeared last night (28 July) on the Naver VMovie Channel for possibly the last time before his impending enlistment on 14 August, and chatted for approximately 90 minutes about tons of things.  Let’s recap the highlights!

vlivebanner.jpg?w=600&h=48

Ji Chang Wook began the show saying, “I tried saying my greetings like a professional MC. It’s very nice to meet you.”  He spoke about what he has been doing recently, “‘I’ve been busy ever since ‘Suspicious Partner’ ended. I’ve been completing schedules, interviews, CF shoots, met up with friends and also had a meal with my mum that was long overdue. I held a concert and had an enjoyable time with fans. I had my final CF shoot today before coming here to meet everyone on V Live.”

Ji Chang Wook said, “It’s Friday today but many of you don’t seem to have plans. I’m thankful that all of you are watching me on a Friday night.  This is my final broadcast before my enlistment. It’s a pity and I’m also filled with mixed emotions. Each time I chat with everyone this way, I always feel it’s a pity but also excited; I will have fun doing this broadcast”.

screen-shot-2017-07-28-at-11-59-35-pm.pn

Regarding the title of his V Live broadcast, he said “I deliberated over the title of my final broadcast but I eventually decided on making a proposal to everyone.  To express my wish for everyone to wait for me till the time I get discharged in 2019, I decided to go with the title ‘Goodbye Proposal’.  You will accept my proposal right? I hope you all will accept it well, so let’s begin with the ‘Goodbye Proposal’ now.  I shall address the things that you all are curious about and any requests you make.”

Ji Chang Wook opened his “Goodbye Proposal” broadcast by saying, “I will listen to your requests, I will answer all the questions, and I will sing.”  In addition, he requested viewers to “I want you to change your nickname to your own name,” in order to call the fans one by one by their real names.  But he added, “There are three things I cannot do for you,” and cited revealing his abs, choosing his memorable roles, and not going to the army as the three things.  “I have no abdominal muscles. People tell me to take care of my face while I am defending the country, but I won’t listen to that carefully. The country must be protected,” he said with a laugh.

Continue reading →https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/07/29/event-ji-chang-wooks-goodbye-proposal-to-his-fans/

• Like 3

Ji Chang Wook and 2BiC performing "Love Game" on Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjeJtliHaVc&feature=youtu.be

Ji Chang Wook performing Lee Juck's "Rain" on Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7xWOyzxvWo&feature=youtu.be

(Sorry, but KBS does not allow embedding of their videos into other social media platforms.)

• Like 1

[Eng Sub] 20170730 – Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook – Ji Chang Wook

170730yhys-01.jpg?w=600&h=349

Barely half a year has passed since Ji Chang Wook made his first appearance on Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook, and now he’s back again on a bittersweet note to bid farewell before his military enlistment.

In this episode, Ji Chang Wook performed the song “Rain” and “101 Reasons Why I Like You ” from his Suspicious Partner OST. He also went on to sing two other songs with his buddies from 2BiC, including Kim Kwang Seok’s “A Private’s Letter”, which is a song often sung in Korea when sending off men to military service.

170730yhys-02.jpg?w=600&h=338170730yhys-03.jpg?w=600&h=338

During the chat with emcee Yoo Hee Yeol, he shared how he formed an unlikely friendship with 2BiC. He also received some farewell gifts from Yoo Hee Yeol himself, packed in a cute paper bag bearing the words “I didn’t specially buy these for you.”

Looks like he is getting quite chummy with Yoo Hee Yeol, so hopefully we will get a chance to see him on this show again once he is back from the Army!

170730yhys-04.jpg?w=600&h=338

Watch the video with English subtitles here:  https://vimeo.com/227595674

Click on CC to activate the subtitles

English subtitles from VIU. Timing by Ji Chang Wook’s Kitchen.  This video was uploaded for the sole purpose of providing English subtitles to international fans. No copyright infringement intended.
  • Like 2

On 7/28/2017 at 10:50 PM, LoVeCartier said:

Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook (singing part

New interview from Taiwan media

Hi LoVeCartier, thanks for sharing the videos. During the show, Ji Chang Wook said that he has many friends who he goes to karaoke with on a regular basis and said that he goes to karaoke a lot with 2BiC who also made their appearance as guest. He also said that they became friends because they go to the same hair salon. He also spoke briefly about his enlistment. :tongue:

• Like 4

*FORUM NOTICE*

There will be some downtime for the Ji Chang Wook Soompi Forum as I migrate all photos and videos to a self-hosted platform and away from crappy Photobucket.  Your patience will be greatly appreciated whilst this migration takes place.  Thanks.

• Like 4

[Video] 20170716 Join Ji Chang Wook at his fan sign for 24MIRACLE cosmetic products!

The uploader did not receive permission to post the video on YouTube and has removed it.  Hopefully permissions will be granted, so as soon as it is reposted, we'll include it again here.

• Like 2

[CF] Ji Chang Wook gets timely for Fossil via 1st Look magazine

screen-shot-2017-08-02-at-8-01-12-pm.png

As we previously mentioned back in July, Ji Chang Wook was chosen as the Asian model for the international fashion brand Fossil.  Wook will be showing off his new endorsement via a photoshoot for 1st Look magazine, and this will be his last CF campaign before his enlistment on 14 August.  1st Look was so kind to share a few teaser videos in advance, so let’s take a look!

Here we see Ji Chang Wook showing off some of the features from the soon-to-be released Q Explorist touch-screen smart watch:

And here we get a short video of him describing the Q Explorist watch and his 1st Look photoshoot:

Hello readers of 1st Look magazine, I am actor Ji Chang Wook.

In this issue, I am having a photo shoot with Fossil smart watch.

See you in the 1st Look pictorial on 7 September.

The 1st Look Issue No. 141 featuring Ji Chang Wook on the cover (and additional Fossil photos with co-endorser actress Song Ji Hyo) will go on sale 7 September 2017 through the usual Korean physical and online bookstores.  The marketing campaign will also commence from early September in Korea as well as six other unnamed countries around Asia.

Credit:  1st Look Official Instagram

• Like 4