Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

Wook's appearance at Al Arabiya News "Sabah Al Arabiya" 170723, 10.10 am Dubai Time (3.10 KST) Part 1.

-snippet-

ENG-TRANS:
Actor JCW to Sabah Al Arabiya: In the future, I'll temporarily stay away from action dramas.
Trans by me.

PS: Sabah Al Arabiya or Arabs Morning is a morning section on Al Arabiya TV. Part 2 will be aired tomorrow.

Edited by rhienz
Added YT link
  • Like 2

Thanks @rhienz for your post, here is my translation for this interview

Spoiler

Screen captions: JCW started on 2006

He was famous in 2010 for Smile Again

Empress Ki 2013 changed his career

5 million Instagram followers

list of his awards on 2013 & 2014

MC: we are so happy today for having JCW here with us, we thank you for your time, we have a few questions from Arab fans who wanted to communicate with you through this interview.

MC: You started acting about 10 years ago, can you tell us who is JCW now as a star and an actor?

JCW: Let me introduce myself, I'm a 31 years old actor, I like acting and I always want to be happy while doing so...Yes I'm that type of actor

MC: This year you went back to do movies and you came back with Action movie "Fabricated City", The movie was a hit during the opening week and over a million ticket was sold, what were your expectations for the success of this movie?

JCW: I didn't expect this success for Fabricated City, in fact we can't predict whether a movie is going to be a hit or miss, when I was shooting it, I wanted it to have a meaning and a message, I was very thankful and very happy that it got everyone's praises

MC: Congratulations

JCW: Thank You

MC: You are currently filming "Suspicious partner", what made you act in it and was there any challenges during filming?

JCW:  The main reason for choosing this project was the script, it was very interesting and funny when I first read it, I think this drama will be different from my other projects and I really think it's going to be exciting, that's why I chose this role. the biggest challenge was the nature of the environment, being different from my other work

MC: Other dramas like Healer made a huge success in the Arab world you then came back with "the K2" which many liked for the action scenes and your character in it, is it true that you will not be doing any more action drama?

JCW: First off, I didn't choose Healer / K2 for being just action genre, actually unexpectedly many liked the action in them and of course I'm very thankful for that, but at the same time these scenes were a burden on me, because I didn't want to be known as an action/thriller actor only, besides it was very physically tiring, So I was joking and serious at the same time when I said I will not be doing action drama any more before the premier of the K2, but I think temporally I will stay away from this genre in the near future.

MC: This is the most asked question in my opinion that the Arab fans want to ask you, in the K2, you acted a scene about falling in love with an Arab girl and wanting to marry her, what were your thoughts when reading that in the script?

JCW: I thought that romantic scene with this girl was very important, it was one scene only and very short, I wanted to show the depth of this scene with more details, I wanted people to feel the amount of love in this scene, the pure / innocent love, that's how I felt when I read the script

MC: JCW is known for doing alot of your action and fight scenes, we also would like to know how brave are you by choosing a very different challenging complicated role, if it needed you to change your whole appearance or was mentally disturbing?

JCW: I will do my very best to show the characteristic of this role, despite the genre or identity of this character, I believe my work is very attractive and amazing

MC: Whose you're ideal type in acting?

JCW: Many ask this question, I didn't have a specific role model while growing up, each actor has his different qualities, I do too, of course there are many great actors, but I don't look up for just one

MC: is it true that you find it hard to go back to your normal life after each action role?

JCW: definitely it isn't easy, as your life style changes after each work, after doing many dramas and movies I started to get used to it but it's really not easy

MC: You have a beautiful voice and you sang many OST for your dramas, which one was special to you and can we hear a part of it?

JCW: I have worked on some musical projects and sang many OST for the dramas I worked in, among them one that I sang many times and which many fans like a lot, it's for the drama Healer, it's called "I will Protect You"...he then sings a part

MC: Talking about music, after listening to your amazing voice, do you listen to a specific type of music or what is your current favorite type of music?

JCW: I like Music and listen to it many times, you might not recognise this type, Lately I like to listen to Paul Kim & Jung Joon Il

End of part 1

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, rhienz said:

@ReemKanabta Wow! Thank you, dear, four your fast translation. *sendingheart* I've just finished writing my trans, but yours is better :wub: I like Wook and his confidence. 

Oh sorry to have posted it first, I thought no one is translating it, sorry for your hard work dear

and yes I love him in this IV, I wonder what is left for part 2

2 minutes ago, ReemKanabta said:

Oh sorry to have posted it first, I thought no one is translating it, sorry for your hard work dear

and yes I love him in this IV, I wonder what is left for part 2

Oh no, dear. Nothin to be sorry for *winks*

The interviewer, Ashwaq, said in her IG that part 2 will be about Arab fans presents for Wook.

• Like 2

69a9463dgy1fhsg17xnm5j21w02ionpd.jpg
1) "99000 won" <--- I was planning to get one in yesasia.com but it costs usd$196 :angry: compare to his concert selling it's usd $89
2) "30000 won" (also available in yesasia)
3) "13000 won
4) light stick - 10000 won"

69a9463dgy1fhubs299d1j21nc1nc4qp.jpg

69a9463dgy1fhubs4hrd5j21w01w0e81.jpg

69a9463dgy1fhubsao0ucj21w01w0hdt.jpg

one of his fans showed her bought JCW Pack official goods (photos, stickers, and a letter to his fans?) from the concert.

cr: mow1230jcw instagram

His 24 Miracle CF is out.

On 7/22/2017 at 10:33 PM, LoVeCartier said:

He will appear in "Section TV". 

Reveal hidden contents

006kun09gy1fhtwycfy7fg30e30e0nph.gif

006kun09gy1fhtwy8gb78g30ei0e01l3.gif

006kun09gy1fhtwxpsu9bg30es0dx7wi.gif

006kun09gy1fhtwyw9atwg30jz0jthe1.gif

006kun09gy1fhtwz109mhg30cs0c0u14.gif

006kun09gy1fhtwyoj2grg30by0c47wk.gif

Hi LoVeCartier, in the show he chose his eyes and shoulders as his best physical features. There was a question from netizen how to get double-eyelids like him & he answered that she has to go to a plastic surgeon but he added that it probably won’t turn out like his eyes. He forgot to mention his lips - I love his lips, very shapely - hahaha – :tongue:

Dong Ha From “Suspicious Partner” Talks About Ji Chang Wook And Nam Ji Hyun + His Take On His Villain Role

(skipped unrelated.....)

Dong Ha talked about the main leads of the drama, Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun, saying, “We’ve never practiced the scenes together before going into shooting, but the actions and reactions still turned out nice. I think I did well thanks to the energy of those great actors. […] Ji Chang Wook especially has a great mindset. As someone who filmed with him for three months, I can say that he seems like a really good person. He’s handsome, good at acting, and is a really good person, so I’m jealous. He has everything.”

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

Part 2 of Wook's Interview with Al-Arabiya Channel, Dubai. 170724. 

@ReemKanabta
---

Snippet from SabahAlarabiya Twitter

ENG TRANS:
In part 2 of his interview with Sabah Alarabiya, Korean actor JCW talked about his Arabic fans influence in his works and the question that concerns his female fans.

• Like 1

Showing parts from Empress Ki

MC: How active are you on social media? Do you read comments from fans? I'm sure there are many English & Arabic comments

JCW: Indeed I'm very active on SNS, I read comments and post a lot of stuff, there are many comments from fans from all over the globe, I'm so impressed and grateful to receive all these comments and all this love. These things make me think a lot, since I only worked in south Korea and only in Korean dramas, yet many international fans watch these shows so I'm really grateful and thankful for all of this

-segment from running man- 

MC: Your participation in Running Man variety show made viewers like your innocent and spontaneous personality, although you stated that you will not take part in other episodes or other variety shows, can we know why?

JCW: I believe these types of variety shows are difficult for me and I'm not very knowledgeable with their concept. When I filmed running man I felt very bad because I wanted to show and perform my best but I couldn't, so I thought it's best that I never participate in them again. of course if there's another variety show that I wanted to take part in, I will be able to do it if I was good and had more confidence, right now I'm very cautious towards this

MC: We now have "A word" segment; I'll mention a word and you must say the first thing you thought of

First Word "Mother"

JCW: the biggest love of my life

Music

JCW: A thing that makes me feel good

Food

JCW: I can't resist it

Sleep

JCW: A very beautiful thing

Friends

JCW: People who I spend time with

Dreams

JCW: Things I want to achieve

Fans

JCW: People I'm grateful to

Travel

JCW: very exciting

Final word "Marriage"

JCW: Delightful and has stability

MC: We will mention two thing now and you should pick your favorite

Football / swimming

JCW: Football

MC: Why?

JCW: I like swimming very much, but I love to play football more

Stay at home / go out with friends

JCW: go out with friends, I like to stay at home sometimes, but the weather is nice these days so I like to go out with them more

Plays / Movies / Dramas

JCW: (thinking hard) Movies, I love acting in plays as well as movies and dramas. Recently I watched many movies, a drama is somewhat long while I can watch movies in a few hours at home

Healer / Empress Ki

JCW: Well, that's a very tough choice, Empress Ki, it's hard to choose just one; Healer was the drama that earned me the love of many fans, Empress Ki was very long and took along time to shoot, and I think it's the work that I enjoyed the most

Sea / Land

JCW: The sea, I like it a lot (did he just say Bahriyu, Bahar is the sea in Arabic)

Summer / Winter

JCW: Summer, I used to like winter but these days I enjoy the summer more

Romance / Action

JCW: Romance, I like romance more these days

Love / Friendship

JCW: Love, I think I should stop looking for friendship now

-Caption: JCW: it's time now to find love-

Coffee / Juice

JCW: Coffee

MC: What kind of coffee?

JCW: Black Coffee

-the K2 scene-

MC: What do you know of your Arab fans?

JCW: Actually I'm not very aware of the Arab fans, I didn't meet many of them, but I was surprised and was happy when I knew that I have fans from the Arab world, also I felt more responsible for my shows right now when I knew they follow my work despite the long distance, so I'm very grateful and thankful to them

MC: before the interview you learned a word in Arabic that you wanted to say

JCW: Shukran (Thank you) ,I thank all the Arab fans for this love, I will meet you through my future work, please look forward to them and keep your support, Shukran

MC: Final question, we know that your enlistment date is near and this is your last work (suspicious partner), can you tell your fans how to spend their time while waiting for you?

JCW:  I'm expected to enlist after Suspicious partner ends, personally I don't think its a long time, if you miss me; you can watch my previous work, time will pass by quickly and I will see you again after I get discharged, I will be thankful if you wait for me, and I'll be coming back with another special drama

MC: Thank you (in hangul)

She then share some gifts with him, a bracelet with his name in Arabic, and a mug that has some of the most known buildings in UAE

JCW: Sabah Al Arabiyah (name of the TV show)

• Like 4

@ReemKanabta Thank you for your hard work, dear. Shukran (Wook's style).

Sea / Land

JCW: The sea, I like it a lot (did he just say Bahriyu, Bahar is the sea in Arabic)

Yeah, I thought he did said bahru-yo (added -yo for jondaemal). *gigling*
But it turned out he said "bada-yo", means "the sea". kkk

• Like 3

*** I've seen the BTS for the drama, never have I ever seen Ji Chang Wook this playful before. They’re so cute. :tongue:

Nam Ji Hyun reveals that Ji Chang Wook made her blush with this comment after their bed scene

nam-ji-hyun-ji-chang-wook.jpg

Nam Ji Hyun shared the behind story of her bed scene with Ji Chang Wook.

The hot scene with Nam Ji Hyun and Ji Chang Wook on the drama 'Suspicious Partner' gained great attention following the broadcast. 

On the July 24 airing of 'Kim Ye Won's Raise the Volume', Nam Ji Hyun talked about filming her first bed scene ever and said, ''Chang Wook oppa made things comfortable so I was able to film it comfortably."

DJ Kim Ye Won commented, "I saw the making film and I noticed there were parts where you showed great maturity for your age and led the scene. I saw that the flow being created with your lead. You are an adult."

Nam Ji Hyun blushed and responded, "Was I very skillful?" She added, "Chang Wook oppa also said, 'Ji Hyun was an adult' after we filmed the scene and that made me blush."

nam-ji-hyun,ji-chang-wook_1500911307_%E3%85%9D.jpg

source : allkpop

Ji Changwook says good-bye to his fans at his last concert before joining the army!

Actor Ji Changwook celebrated the 10th anniversary of his debut with 6,000 fans at his last concert before entering the military.

1500885230.jpg

On July 22, Ji Changwook's history concert 'Jiscovery' took place at Seoul Olympic Park. Fans from all over the world including China, Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, Hong Kong and Singapore came to see Changwook for the last time before he joins the army.

He appeared on stage singing 'Kissing You' from the drama 'Seven First Kisses.'

He also had a chat with the fans looking back at his works for the past 10 years, from his debut film 'Sleeping Beauty (2008)' to the most recent drama 'Suspicious Partner.'

When they he talked about musicals, Changwook sang the tracks for the musicals 'Thrill me' and 'The Days.'

He said, after being dispatched from the army, he would like to shoot more romance dramas and films rather than action.

Towards the end of the concert, he read out a hand-written letter to his fans. He wrote, 'The last 10 years have been a new challenge for me. I did not give up thanks to you all. Let's meet again in 2019, smiling.'

The fans cheered for him holding banners that said 'We will wait for you' and more.

[Image Source: Glorious Entertainment]

credit : KBS Global

• Like 5

[Eng Sub] 20170723 Section TV – King of Romantic Comedy Ji Chang Wook

sectiontv888-cover.jpg?w=600&h=375

On Sunday 23 July, Ji Chang Wook made an appearance on Section TV as the newly crowned King of Romantic Comedy!

Interviewed by the always hyperactive emcee Kim Seulgi, Ji Chang Wook made what would probably be his final appearance on Section TV before he goes to the army. They discuss the trending hashtags that are currently associated with him following the conclusion of his popular drama “Suspicious Partner”, and he gets briefly stunned when Seulgi gets too close to him for comfort. That’s one sneaky product placement right there!

We all know his Ji-Geu-Dok dance has been performed to death, so Seulgi suggested another dance for him, and it’s none other than Twice’s “TT”! For those who are unaware, this is a very popular song and the word “TT” is the Korean emoticon for a crying face.

Lastly, he also talks about his impending military enlistment and leaves a goodbye message for viewers. 

sectiontv888-02.jpg?w=600&h=338

Watch his segment with English subtitles on MBC’s official YouTube channel:

Spoiler

Click on CC for subtitles. English subtitles contributed by Ji Chang Wook’s Kitchen.

Part 1

Part 2

The officially uploaded videos have a few seconds missing. You can watch the full version with English subtitles here (click on CC for subtitles)https://vimeo.com/226779726

Subbed by Ji Chang Wook’s Kitchen. PLEASE DO NOT REPRINT, REPURPOSE, SCREENCAP OR OTHERWISE COPY OUR CONTENT WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION. These videos were uploaded for the sole purpose of providing English subtitles to international fans. No copyright infringement intended.

• Like 3

*** So NICE that Ji Chang Wook gave a candid interview during his guest appearance on  "Section TV,"  aired last Sunday, July 23.  He was chosen as one of the best kissers among South Korean actors, reported by My Daily. When he was asked to compare his onscreen kissing skills with Gong Yoo, Jo Jung Suk, and Park Seo Joon in the show, he jokingly mentioned that he should be ranked first. He explained that since the interview was focused on him, then he should give himself a high rating. :tongue:

• Like 2

Hello, dears. I need help hear. *smile*
So I read on twitter that Wook will be doing VLive JCW's Proposal: Say Good Bye on Jul 28. What confused me is it's time. On one post I read it'll be on 4:30PM, another post 3:30PM. But when I opened it on my browser its written 1PM. So, is what was written according to everyone time line? Actually I'm not familiar with V App yet. I really appreciate anyone who can enlighten me on this matter. Thank you so much.*love* 

Edit: Is there any news about the broadcast date for Yoo Hee-yeol Sketchbook with Wook? @cherkell

Edited by rhienz