Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

[Eng Sub] 20161017 Idols of Asia – Ji Chang Wook EOS interview

ioaeos

Ji Chang Wook appeared on MTV’s variety show “Idols of Asia” when he visited Taiwan as EOS’s new ambassador back in September.  The programme also covered his appearance at the press conference, but as that has been extensively written about in our post about that event, we’ve only subbed the interview segment, where he had to play funny games and answer (awkward) questions related to lips. What a way to promote lip balm!

Subtitles translated from Korean to English by Gabby. Click on CC for English subs.

PLEASE DO NOT REPRINT, REPURPOSE, SCREENCAP OR OTHERWISE COPY OUR CONTENT WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.
This video was uploaded for the sole purpose of providing English subtitles to international fans. No copyright infringement intended.

Credit: Idols of Asia YouTube

• Like 5

[Magazine] Ji Chang Wook to be featured in Lotte Duty Free K-Style Magazine

a6ec37a8jw1f96qwtef1qj20xc16ykfp.jpg?w=6

Fresh off Ji Chang Wook’s well-received appearance at the Lotte Duty Free 24th Family Festival 2016 on 21 October, Lotte Duty Free is wasting no time in churning out massive promotions for its newest endorser.  Here’s Wook front and centre on the cover of its November 2016 K-Style Magazine!

a6ec37a8jw1f96qxhmr5oj20xc16y7wh.jpg?w=6

The November 2016 issue will present features on the performances at the events held from 21-23 October.  We’ve featured the Chinese version in our post, but language-specific versions are now available at all Lotte Duty Free outposts in Korea, Japan and China.

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/10/27/magazine-ji-chang-wook-to-be-featured-in-lotte-duty-free-k-style-magazine/

• Like 5

[Weibo Update] 27 October 2016

nimen hao ma??[泪] #池昌旭笑容魔法 #不管怎么样, 笑就对了。@eos伊欧诗

are you all well??[泪] #Ji Chang Wook magic smile #no matter what, just have to smile @eos伊欧诗

[Bonus] Here are some pictures shared by EOS on their Weibo:

aaf73318gw1f96ubw9c0tj21kw2dcawc

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/10/28/weibo-update-27-october-2016/

• Like 7

[News] Ji Chang Wook to appear in web mini-drama for Lotte Duty Free

2212479_article_99_20161102103509.jpg?w=

Lotte Duty Free is not wasting any precious time in promoting its newest endorsers of their brand, as Ji Chang Wook will be featured as a “sexy super agent” in a web mini-drama produced by Lotte with a working title of “Only First Kiss, Six Times.”

Along with Ji Chang Wook, other Lotte Duty Free endorsers such as Lee Jun Ki, Lee Jong Suk, Park Hae Jin, Kai (from EXO) and Taecyeon (from 2PM) will perform with actresses Choi Ji Woo and Lee Cho Hee in this mini-drama. This “Only First Kiss, Six Times” production is receiving exceptional attention, as reporters have stated it appears Lotte Duty Free has gathered its “Dream Team” of actors currently in its promotional stable for this production.

“Only First Kiss, Six Times” is to be directed by Jung Jung Hwa (“Flower Boy Ramen Shop” “Flower Boys Next Door”).  In this mini-drama, Choi Ji Woo appears as a ‘shopaholic love angel,’ Lee Jong Suk will appear as a ‘heart-struck top star,’ Lee Jun Ki plays a ‘church-going man who may be a secret chaebol,’ Ji Chang Wook portrays a ‘sexy secret agent,’ Park Hae Jin is a ‘romantic boss,’ Kai will play an ‘exhilarating young man,’ and Taecyeon will be portraying a son from a rich family ‘who only believes in pure love.’  Lee Cho Hee (Dal-nim in “Lucky Romance”) will act as the female lead, who is looking for her first kiss ever from one of the six men described above.  (And what country did she save in a past life to gain such honours, eh?)

As this news has only been reported by one online source, we are unsure as to how many episodes this mini-drama entails, any potential broadcast dates, or which web portal will be airing the show.  In addition, we await further confirmation from Glorious Entertainment as to Ji Chang Wook’s involvement in this production.  We will update this post as more information becomes available.  Stay tuned!

Credit:  Naver News
  • Like 5

*** Wait & see if JCW will join on this production since he's currently having a drama. But, I guess if he's joining the cast in case each of them will just have short appearances. I heard that this web drama will be called "Six Kisses" (literal translation of the Korean title will be “kissed six times”).  WOW - the fortunate lady who gets to work with these men is whoever the female lead here.  Count me in! Because of these men, the cast - you’ll need firemen and medics on standby. Hahaha -  I can’t imagine anyone skipping this one. :P

• Like 3

15 hours ago, willenette said:

*** Wait & see if JCW will join on this production since he's currently having a drama. But, I guess if he's joining the cast in case each of them will just have short appearances. I heard that this web drama will be called "Six Kisses" (literal translation of the Korean title will be “kissed six times”).  WOW - the fortunate lady who gets to work with these men is whoever the female lead here.  Count me in! Because of these men, the cast - you’ll need firemen and medics on standby. Hahaha -  I can’t imagine anyone skipping this one. :P

The literal Korean translation is how we've written it:  "'첫키스만 여섯번째" - cheoskiseuman yeoseosbeonjjae - “Only First Kiss, Six Times”.  And since this is being produced as an omnibus drama (as was "Secret Love" with the KARA girls), he has no issues with him filming a 15-20 minute segment after 'The K2' wraps on 12 November.  The announcement of the casting was just made, but filming will not take place until the end of November for his segment.

This is a really choice project for Wook to be involved in with heavy global promotional value thanks to Lotte Duty Free, and his name would not be attached to the web series if he was just merely 'mentioned' as taking part.  (He is an Official Endorser of the brand, so he couldn't turn it down even if he wanted to.) Too bad none of these six actors will have any interaction with each other during the shoots... I'd love to see him and Lee Joon Ki hanging around together for a mini-"Hero" reunion!  *squeeeeeee*

• Like 4

4 hours ago, cherkell said:

The literal Korean translation is how we've written it:  "'첫키스만 여섯번째" - cheoskiseuman yeoseosbeonjjae - “Only First Kiss, Six Times”.  And since this is being produced as an omnibus drama (as was "Secret Love" with the KARA girls), he has no issues with him filming a 15-20 minute segment after 'The K2' wraps on 12 November.  The announcement of the casting was just made, but filming will not take place until the end of November for his segment.

This is a really choice project for Wook to be involved in with heavy global promotional value thanks to Lotte Duty Free, and his name would not be attached to the web series if he was just merely 'mentioned' as taking part.  (He is an Official Endorser of the brand, so he couldn't turn it down even if he wanted to.) Too bad none of these six actors will have any interaction with each other during the shoots... I'd love to see him and Lee Joon Ki hanging around together for a mini-"Hero" reunion!  *squeeeeeee*

*** Thanks for the reply. So, the drama is wrapping-up soon. Time flies so fast.................it's as if the drama has just begun. :)

• Like 2

[Magazine] Harper’s Bazaar, September 2016 Issue – Ji Chang Wook’s Earnest Jokes

bzsep001

There are people who reveal their true faces in jokes instead of serious debates. He who is totally against dating openly because he doesn’t wish to make a big deal out of it, and who still claims that he does not know how to make himself appealing, actor Ji Chang Wook who debuted 8 years ago is such a man. That’s why we had a chat with him. About his dilemma regarding dieting, tears and dating. 

We are sorry to make you wear a winter coat in such hot weather like today’s (it was a very hot day with temperatures close to 34°C, and there was no air-con in the studio). But you really did bear with it well. You even jokingly told the staff “You are now forbidden to say that you are feeling hot!”
It’s good to get over things by joking at the same time. The atmosphere on site is important; it’s uncomfortable for the staff to try and be tactful in case I get upset. There was a time when I wasn’t even able to let go of a minor thing, but I’ve changed somewhat as I worked. It’s not uncommon to feel hungry, hot, or become slightly sensitive while working. If I think of the big picture, letting go of the minor stuff is the right thing to do. But I did feel hot. Especially when I put on knitwear and shirt with a coat, it’s really…(laughs).

Continue reading -> https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/10/30/magazine-harpers-bazaar-september-2016-issue-ji-chang-wooks-earnest-jokes/

• Like 5

[News] Ji Chang Wook to make cameo on MBC’s “We Got Married” (updated with video preview)

wgmseason4.png?w=600

You may have remembered a bit of kerfuffle a month back when actor Choi Tae Joon and APink's Yoon Bomi were chosen to be a virtual couple on MBC's "We Got Married" reality show.  When Bomi was introduced to Tae-joon at a friend of Wook's coffee shop, she mistook him as "Ji Chang Wook oppa."  Wook and Tae-joon are close friends in real life, so obviously, hilarity ensued thereafter.

Fast-forward to today, when Glorious Entertainment announced that Ji Chang Wook will make a cameo appearance on "WGM" to support his close friend Choi Tae Joon.  A meeting was recently held between the three stars to discuss this cameo appearance, where Wook will stand in as the best man for the "wedding" of Bomi and Tae-joon.

In case you have no idea what all the fuss was beforehand, we posted about the exchange between Ji Chang Wook and Choi Tae Joon after that initial WGM episode aired here.

Episode 347 featuring Ji Chang Wook will air on 12 November at 5:00pm KST on MBC.  A compilation preview for Episode 347 was released by MBC today.  Ji Chang Wook appears in the first :30 seconds of Tae-joon and Bomi's segment:

vlcsnap-2016-11-05-15h55m19s994.png?w=60

vlcsnap-2016-11-05-15h55m29s473.png?w=60vlcsnap-2016-11-05-15h55m48s319.png?w=60

Credit:  Naver News; MBC Entertainment

• Like 4

@cherkell Thank you so much to The Kitchen for Harper's Bazaar interview :D 

The more i read about him, the more i'm in love with him. He's been through so much to get to where he is right now and i'm so proud of him!!! He has grown so much and learned so much from his working experience, yet he didn't lose his true self through the precess and this is why he shines so bright as a top star with kind personality we all love now. Thanks to his perseverance, determination and hard work that we have such a great actor today. 

I must say his charisma in THE K2 is off the charts!! It's now one of the most popular korean dramas in my country. I just can't say it enough that I'm really really proud of him :wub: 

• Like 4

On 11/5/2016 at 9:32 PM, Daldan said:

@cherkell Thank you so much to The Kitchen for Harper's Bazaar interview :D 

The more i read about him, the more i'm in love with him. He's been through so much to get to where he is right now and i'm so proud of him!!! He has grown so much and learned so much from his working experience, yet he didn't lose his true self through the precess and this is why he shines so bright as a top star with kind personality we all love now. Thanks to his perseverance, determination and hard work that we have such a great actor today. 

I must say his charisma in THE K2 is off the charts!! It's now one of the most popular korean dramas in my country. I just can't say it enough that I'm really really proud of him :wub: 

Hi Daldan, I'm happy that his drama tops the weekend drama viewership ratings for many consecutive weeks now.  According to a compilation of IPTV’s viewership ratings, “The K2” garnered an average of 5.1 percent viewership, with a peak of 5.9 percent last Friday’s EP.  In cable dramas, 1% of viewer’s ratings are a standard win. Keep in mind that shows from major broadcasting networks tend to receive higher Nielsen ratings than the ones from cable networks because not as many have access to cable channels. :P

• Like 2

[Award] Ji Chang Wook wins "Best Supporting Actor" at 5th Yegreen Musical Awards

Ji Chang Wook won an award in his nominated category of “Best Supporting Actor” for his role as Kang Muyeong in the musical “The Days” at the upcoming 5th Yegreen Musical Awards ceremony held on 7 November.  Congratulations!!!

• Like 4

[Musical] Ticketing information announced for “The Days 2016" in Seongnam

Shows have been added for 21 and 22 January 2017 at the Seongnam Arts Center Opera House in Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do.  Ji Chang Wook will be performing on 22 January at 2:00pm with Oh Man Seok, and at 6:30pm with Min Young Ki.  Tickets will go on sale beginning 8 November through Interpark Korea at 2:00pm KST.  (No ticketing portal has opened yet for international sales.)

screen-shot-2016-11-08-at-1-19-48-pm.png

• Like 3

*** I really hope the ratings increase a lot. Wahhh.................so lucky who will be there tomorrow not for the coffee - hahaha but for those who could get a close encounter with JCW!  Wow, time really flies so fast that it seems this drama has just begun but it's ending soon.  :P

Ji Chang Wook And YoonA To Hand Deliver Coffee To Fulfill Ratings Promise For “The K2”

the k2 cast

tvN’s “The K2” team will be fulfilling their ratings promise!

On November 9, tvN released an official statement that announced plans for Girls’ Generation’s YoonA and Ji Chang Wook to fulfill their ratings promise. The two had previously made a promise to personally buy coffee for viewers if the drama “The K2” reached up to five percent in viewership ratings.

The drama recently broke through the five percent ratings mark on November 7 with the latest episode garnering 5.1 percent ratings. “They plan to give out coffee to 100 viewers in Gangnam on Friday, November 11, 4 p.m. KST,” tvN announced.

Meanwhile, Ji Chang Wook also recently sat down for a short interview, and thanked viewers for the praise regarding his action scenes.

How do you like “The K2”?

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 2

[CF] More Ji Chang Wook promotions for Lotte Duty Free

bg_video_jcw.jpg?w=600&h=431

As we previously reported here, Ji Chang Wook has joined the ranks as a model/endorser for the Lotte Duty Free stores and LDF has finally added Ji Chang Wook to their “Star Avenue” promotions.  (Any star added to Lotte Duty Free’s endorsement stable has their own wallpaper and thumbnails produced for fans to use on their desktops, laptops or mobile devices.)  More goodies after the break!

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.wordpress.com/?p=19563&preview=true

• Like 6