Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

June 30, 2017

[V Report] Ji Chang-wook holds first V app broadcast

Broadcast date: June 29
Starring: Ji Chang-wook, Up10tion, Hyolyn

Ji Chang-wook

(Naver V app)

Ji Chang-wook took to Naver’s V app Thursday for the first time, answering questions from fans about his SBS drama “Suspicious Partner.”

As it is the actor’s first rom-com drama, the fans asked him why he did not try a rom-com before.

“Well, it happened to be so as I played in other pieces,” he said. Ji said, however, he does not consider rom-com so different. “I didn’t have those moments when I thought I need to do this in this certain way since it is a rom-com drama while filming the drama.”

When asked to compare the genre with action genre he said, “All the genres are difficult (to play).”

He said playing action scenes require a lot of physical work while romantic scenes require more attention on delicate emotions and details.

“It is my first rom-com and the last work before I enlist,” he said. “It is a very precious work, though of course others were too, and it will become a precious memory when times past. So I’m trying my best not to leave any regrets.”

“Suspicious Partner” premiered May 10. It airs Wednesdays and Thursdays.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201706301418521772024_2

• Like 2

[Drama] A pictorial starring Ji Chang Wook, “Maketh Suit King”

ljm_34_168_f1_e18485e185a9e18480e185a9.j

Everyone knows it is a fact that he has shoulders as wide as the Pacific!  Eyes deeper than the deep sea!  The owner of multiple attractions… our actor Ji Chang Wook!  To that end, Glorious Entertainment provides us with some behind-scenes of Ji Chang Wook showing off his special sartorial stylings for “Suspicious Partner.”

ljm_01_132_f1_e18485e185a9e18480e185a9.j

01.  J lassic Suit.  I want to work with the best.  Ji Chang Wook / Ji Wook.

ljm_01_647_f1_e18485e185a9e18480e185a9.j

Stressing the smartness.  Classic yet charismatic, the SUIT.

Continue reading--> https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/07/01/drama-a-pictorial-starring-ji-chang-wook-maketh-suit-king/

• Like 1

[Event/CF] Ji Chang Wook to hold 24 Miracle fan sign session

Ji Chang Wook will be having a fan sign as the new endorser of 24 Miracle cosmetics!  As reported previously, Ji Chang Wook has signed on as the face of newly-launched Korean cosmetics brand 24 Miracle. To encourage sales, the brand is having a special event to reward customers with a chance to get an autograph from Ji Chang Wook himself.

To participate, one has to purchase any of 24 Miracle’s Ample facial masks or Aqua Mist from Shinsegae’s online shopping site SSG.com between 1 July to 12 July to qualify for the lucky draw. Only 80 lucky winners will get to meet Ji Chang Wook at the fan sign. Details are as follows:

Ji Chang Wook 24 Miracle fan sign

Date: 16 July 2017 (Sunday)
Time: 2pm KST
Venue: Starfield Hanam (스타필드하남) shopping mall, south side Molly’s event plaza
Address: 750 Misadaero, Hanamsi, Gyeonggido 경기도 하남시 미사대로 750 (신장동)
Directions: Take express bus 9302 or 9303 from Jamsil Station in Seoul and alight at Starfield Hanam

Tickets for the winners will be distributed at the venue just before the event from 1pm to 1.50pm KST. Please note that the shopping mall is in Hanam City in Gyeonggi province, and is not within Seoul.

It is not possible for foreigners to take part in the lucky draw to join the fan sign, because a Korean phone number or citizenship number is required to make purchases on SSG.com. But since this is a public event, you might want to head to the mall to try your luck at getting a glimpse of him if you are in Korea on that day!

Credit: SSG.com; 24 Miracle Instagram

• Like 4

Drama viewership ratings for the week of June 26-July 2, 2017

dramaratings_2.jpg

Meanwhile, poor Seven Day Queen just can’t seem to catch a break and fell to 4.4% with its second episode, though that may be partially due to Ruler—Master of the Mask suddenly jumping to an impressive 14.4%, which meant that there were less viewers available for Queen. But Suspicious Partner didn’t seem too adversely affected and saw no major changes.

Wednesday, June 28      
Seven Day Queen 9 KBS 4.7%
Ruler—Master of the Mask 29 MBC 10.1%
Ruler—Master of the Mask 30 MBC 12.2%
Suspicious Partner 29 SBS 6.7%
Suspicious Partner 30 SBS 8.6%
Thursday, June 29      
Seven Day Queen 10 KBS 4.4%
Ruler—Master of the Mask 31 MBC 11.9%
Ruler—Master of the Mask 32 MBC 14.4%
Suspicious Partner 31 SBS 7.7%
Suspicious Partner 32 SBS 8.6%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/07/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-june-26-july-2-2017/

[Movie] The trailer for the Korean dubbed version of "Your Name" featuring Ji Chang Wook's voice has been released!  The anime itself will be released in Korean cinemas beginning 13 July 2017.

• Like 1

A blessed birthday to Wookie!
may God bless your career to reach new heights after your returns from MS.
May God give you great health and safety to go thru military service.
May God bless you peace and joy and bravery in working out your relationship with your one true love (whosoever she is) in future.

Be successful, be healthy, be brave,
be blessed in God's care for next 2 yrs.
Blessed birthday.

[Instagram/Weibo Update] 5 July 2017

Instagram:

오늘 데이락에서 생일축하 해주셨어요!! 생일축하 감사합니다 그리고 오늘 많은 분들이 생일축하해 주시고 선물도 많이 보내 주셨는데 너무 감사하고 고마워요 #생일 #데이락 #사랑해 #24miracle

Dayrock congratulated me on my birthday today!! Thank you for the birthday greeting  And many people wished me a happy birthday today and sent me many presents too, I’m very thankful and grateful  #birthday #dayrock #love you #24miracle

Weibo:

xiexie nimen zhu wo shengrikuaile  xi wang nimen du guo meihao de yitian!

Thank you all for wishing me a happy birthday   I hope all of you will have a nice day!

• Like 2

Happy Birthday Ji Chang Wook Oppa..loads and loads of best wishes for the day..I wish that you get all the success and happiness that you deserve. Stay safe for the next two years and be back with a banggg!

#HappyJCWDay

• Like 1

[Instagram/Weibo Update 2] 6 July 2017

Instagram:

두둥 #수상한파트너ost #네가좋은백한가지이유

Ta da #Suspicious Partner ost #101 Reasons Why I like You

Weibo:

奇怪的搭档ost公开了! 希望你们喜欢!

Suspicious Partner OST has been released! Hope all of you like it!

• Like 2

[Video] Ji Chang Wook sings for “Suspicious Partner” OST

0003570926_001_20170705145921204.jpg?w=6

Ji Chang Wook has released a new song for Suspicious Partner’s soundtrack! 

Titled “101 Reasons Why I Like You (네가 좋은 백 한가지 이유)”, the song’s gentle melody coupled with Ji Chang Wook’s saccharine voice make for the perfect theme song for Noh Ji Wook and Eun Bong Hee’s romantic scenes in the drama.

The track and its lyrics are composed by Nam Hye Seung, a veteran music director who has composed hits for famous dramas such as “Goblin”, and Park Jin Ho.

Music director Nam Hye Seung was generous in his praises, “Ji Chang Wook always gives his best effort at work without being pretentious and worked hard to convey a sincere message in the song.” A staff also commented, “Despite his busy schedule and long hours of recording, Ji Chang Wook always exchanged ideas with the audio team in a friendly atmosphere.”

A spokesman for the drama said, “The drama is now approaching its final stage and it remains to be seen if the leads will get back together or go separate ways, but they still look at each other lovingly. Meanwhile, Ji Chang Wook’s song will not only strike a chord with the lead’s circumstances, it will also offer warm comfort to those who listen to it.”

Listen to what Ji Chang Wook has to say about his new song.  Click CC for English subs!

Translated from Korean to English by Gabby.  PLEASE DO NOT REPRINT, REPURPOSE, SCREENCAP OR OTHERWISE COPY OUR CONTENT WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.

Source: Osen; Naver TV Cast
  • Like 1

Ji Chang-wook, Kim So-hyun-dubbed ‘Your Name’ panned

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20170706

Ji Chang-wook and Kim So-hyun released Wednesday a teaser for Japanese animated film “Your Name,” for which they’ve dubbed over for the Korean release.

The rom-com animation directed by Shinkai Makoto centers on a high school boy in Tokyo and high school girl in a rural town who get their bodies swapped and fall in love. Ji voiced city boy Taki, while Kim lent her voice talents to country girl Mitsuha.

The fantasy film, released here in January, was a record-breaking hit for a Japanese film, as it topped local box offices two weeks in a row.

(Screen captured from teaser trailer)

The released teaser video of the dubbed version, however, evoked less-than-enthusiastic responses.

Some fans suggested the actors were not suitable for voice acting and their voices did not fit well with the characters.

One commenter sarcastically noted, “The acting was so natural that I thought it is the story of Ji Chang-wook and Kim So-hyun, not Taki and Mitsuha.”

Other fans were more diplomatic, with commenter aadlkjvgt37 saying online, “Both of you are good at acting and I like you both but it seems the dubbing roles didn’t fit you well. Don’t get hurt.”

The Korean-dubbed version of “Your Name” is set to release in local theaters on July 13.

By Kim So-yeon (syk19372@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 1