Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

China-bound Korean actor Ji Chang Wook learning Mandarin

Actor Ji Chang Wook (right) in Healer.PHOTO: KBS WORLD

Singapore - Korean actor Ji Chang Wook went undercover as an entertainment reporter in the drama Healer (2014 ). However, if he could be a reporter in real life, he would not want to interview celebrities. "Stars don't have a very interesting job," said Ji, 28, in jest. Since he is in show business, he would rather interview someone from a different industry. 

"It could be a reporter, a teacher, a farmer or a policeman. I'd like to find out about someone in a different occupation, what their life is like and what challenges they face," he said in an interview with local media. 

He was in town on Sunday as the brand ambassador of Japanese bath foam Shokubutsu. He also met fans at a public meet-and-greet at Suntec City in the evening.

The dapper Ji started out as a theatre actor before hitting the jackpot with his TV role in the family drama Smile Again (2010). The versatile actor’s notable roles include a laid back emperor in period drama Empress Ki (2013) and a mysterious delivery man in the thriller Healer (2014).

The popular actor is making inroads into China. He released a Chinese EP titled Be With You last month. He will be starring in a new Korean-Chinese production My Male God. 

The hardworking Ji has been trying to picking up the Chinese language, but admits his level of conversational Mandarin is like that of a child. 

He said: "It's a new language that I'm learning. I'm not as fluent in Mandarin as compared to Korean. It can be quite frustrating. I carry on a conversation with the linguistic ability of a three-year-old. 

"Thankfully my colleagues in China appreciate the effort that I put in trying to speak in Mandarin. They often find me adorable, so I try to make the most of it."

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/china-bound-korean-actor-ji-chang-wook-learning-mandarin

edit: errr I have tried to include the photo in the original news but it's not working.. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 6

Local fan practised speaking in Korean every night so she could communicate with her idol

Dec 7, 2015 6:00am

By TAN KEE YUN

When Singaporean Patricia Sam spoke to her idol, South Korean actor Ji Chang Wook, some among the 2,500-strong crowd at Suntec City West Atrium gasped in surprise and admiration.

Yesterday evening, Ms Sam, a civil servant in her late 20s, was one of five lucky winners who had won an opportunity to meet Ji on stage, take photos and say a few words to him.

The chiselled-faced heartthrob was holding his first ever public, free meet-and-greet session in Singapore as part of his brand ambassadorship for body care brand Shokubutsu.

In fluent Korean, without missing a beat, Ms Sam told Ji, 28: "I'm very happy to meet you. You are very handsome. Can you give me a hug?"

Ji, best known for his role as Ta Hwan, a Mongolian emperor in historical epic TV drama Empress Ki (see report, next page), obliged with a radiant smile.

Deafening shrieks and screams thundered across the mall.

After receiving her hug, Ms Sam told The New Paper that she had been learning the Korean language for two years.

"I learnt it because of my love for Ji Chang Wook," she gushed.

"Those lines that I said to him on stage, I practised them every night before going to bed."

A fan of Ji since 2008, she has travelled "a few times" to South Korea to catch him in his musical stage productions.

MESMERISING

"He has mesmerising eyes and he treats fans really well," she said. "Earlier, when I hugged him, I could feel that he has been working out, he has muscles."

Another lucky draw winner, 17-year-old Singaporean junior college student Steffie Toh, said in English to Ji on stage: "I want to marry you!"

Still visibly excited from the whole experience, Steffie told TNP: "Getting to meet and talk to him is just so overwhelming, I feel like I'm still in a dream. My life is complete now."

Another teenage fan, unfortunately, failed to see Ji in the flesh. She fainted while waiting for Ji to arrive and had to be taken to hospital.

TNP spotted her lying on the floor, her mum crouching beside her in tears.

The girl was then placed in a wheelchair and taken to the mall's loading bay area, where an ambulance had been called.

When asked if her daughter had been waiting at Suntec City since morning, her mum said in Mandarin: "Nothing, nothing."

Singapore Civil Defence Force said it was alerted to an incident requiring an ambulance at the west wing of Suntec City Level 1 around 5pm yesterday. A teenage girl was taken to KK Hospital in a stable condition.

Underwater kiss not as embarrassing as expected

NP_20151207_TKJI-DFO_1095036.jpg?itok=Zt

ROYAL: Korean actor Ji Chang Wook plays Mongolian emperor Ta Hwan in the historical TV drama Empress Ki. PHOTO: MEDIACORP

Ahead of his public meet-and-greet session at Suntec City yesterday afternoon, Ji Chang Wook fielded questions from local media at a press conference and roundtable interview.

The candid star shared his thoughts on his career-defining role as Mongolian emperor Ta Hwan in historical TV drama Empress Ki (airing on Channel U on weekends at 9pm), filming a potentially embarrassing shower scene and kissing two of Korea's hottest actresses.

Ta Hwan goes through a dramatic transformation. He started out as a hapless, cheeky young prince and towards the end of the series, he turns vicious, jealous and violent. Was it tough handling those emotions?

It was not an easy role to play... it was extremely challenging.

I believe it's the kind of role every actor would love to take on. I had to push myself very hard to depict a wide spectrum of emotions, from vulnerability to volatility.

Off set, I had several chats with our director to make sure that my emotions were measured to just the right amount.

You had a memorable scene in which you pretended to take a shower, when in fact you were hiding co-star Ha Ji Won's character in the bathtub from her captors. Was that hard - and embarrassing - to shoot?

That particular scene was followed by an underwater kiss (with Ha). To my surprise, both weren't as embarrassing as I had expected. (Laughs)

It was my first time doing such scenes and it was something new and exciting.

You had kissing scenes with two of Korea's hottest actresses, Ha in Empress Ki and Park Min Young in modern romance thriller Healer. Who is the better kisser?

I really can't compare, as these two TV dramas are so different. The scenario and ambience where we had to kiss were different too. However, I enjoyed acting with both women, they are amazing actresses. I had a lot of fun.

What are the ideal traits you look for in a girlfriend? Are you the kind of guy who will pamper his partner?

If you're talking about physical traits, there's nothing specific I look for in a girl. What's more important to me is if I can connect with her, if we can have a good conversation together and if we share great vibes together.

If we can connect, I think she's beautiful in every sense of the word.

If I have a girlfriend, yes, I will pamper her with sweet, warm words.

Do you have, to date, a favourite role?

That's a very difficult question to answer and I think it will always be the case. Whenever I watch (my) old shows, I always feel that I could have done some parts of my characters better.

I had to push myself very hard to depict a wide spectrum of emotions, from vulnerability to volatility.

- Korean actor Ji Chang Wook on portraying Mongolian emperor Ta Hwan

- See more at: http://www.tnp.sg/news/world-news/local-fan-practised-speaking-korean-every-night-so-she-could-communicate-her-idol#sthash.CGRMXvZD.dpuf
  • Like 9

@kanyaprasetyothank you for all your posts!:D

@qwenli @AhphengThank you soooooo muchhhhhhh ladies for your accounts!!! And now I'm waiting for @OdankItha and @tehlimau who were apparently chosen to participate in the games:D

Where's Gabby and @cherkell? I'm sure they're trying like mad to organize and compile all those goodies for us...can't wait...:wub: 

• Like 8

[Event/CF] Ji Chang Wook meets Singapore fans for the first time

20161206-JCWK-SG03

Ji Chang Wook made his first official visit to Singapore yesterday (6 December) as the new brand ambassador of Japanese soap brand Shokubutsu, one of several brands under Lion Corporation.

After landing in Singapore at 6am, Ji Chang Wook spent a busy afternoon with fans and the media at a press conference followed by two fan meetings back-to-back. 

“I haven’t done many activities in Singapore, so I’m very thankful that you came to look for me and welcomed me here. I hope I will be a suitable ambassador for Shokubutsu,” Ji Chang Wook said at the press conference held at the Westin Hotel at 2pm.

Asked about what he thinks about Singapore, he said, “It’s very cold in Korea now, but it’s warm here, so I’m enjoying it.”

Ji Chang Wook said he has just finished filming his movie in South Korea, and is now filming a drama in China. In fact, he almost could not make it to Singapore because of his schedule. He shared about his experience at the airport the previous night, “The movie filming ended a little late, so I almost could not catch the plane. It would have been disastrous…I really ran (to catch the plane).”

20161206-JCWK-SG02

Since starring in the family drama “Smile Donghae” in 2010, Ji Chang Wook has been associated with a thoughtful, caring, warm and kind image, or “暖男” in Chinese (literally “warm man” in English), which is why Shokubutsu decided to pick him as their brand ambassador.

When asked what he thinks is the reason for him having such an image, he said, “Actually, I think my dramas have a big influence on this. If you protect or love someone in a drama, the audience will probably think ‘Ah, that person has a warm and gentle image’. I think that’s the reason.”

He also jokingly made a request to the translator, “Please introduce me as a warm and gentle man.”

In line with the brand’s products, it was inevitable that he would be asked questions related to showering.

Ji Chang Wook said that showering and lying down after a hard day’s work is very relaxing for him. When asked if he spends a long time in the shower, he sought to clarify with the emcee what is her definition of a “long shower”, which she said is anything longer than five minutes.

Ji Chang Wook replied while laughing, “Five minutes?! Don’t most people take longer than five minutes?”

20161206-jcwk-sg01.jpg?w=600

Continue reading http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2015/12/07/eventcf-ji-chang-wook-meets-singapore-fans-for-the-first-time/

• Like 10

I'm jealous with those who can see JCW in person! B) Thanks for all your photos and stories. 

I've already listened to his new songs in the new album. Actually I found the song 'Bright Star' is very enjoyable to listen to. Probably he sings in Korean, so I can feel more emotion in his voice.

It's strange that I didn't see any pics of him at the airport in Singapore (?), but there are many pics at the airports in Korea and Shanghai.

Actually he's already back to China! 

Embedded image permalink

cred: yorua

Embedded image permalink

cred:ssshanya

• Like 8

[Event] Ji Chang Wook to attend new year countdown concert in China

Jiangsucountdown

China’s Jiang Su Television has revealed that Ji Chang Wook will be part of the line up for their 2016 New Year countdown concert. 

Ji Chang Wook will reportedly be performing his cover of Jay Chou’s “Starry Night”, a track which was included in his recently released Chinese album “Be With You”. He will also be performing a duet with Korean singer The One. Some reports claim that they will be performing “We In Love (我们相爱吧)“, the theme song of a Chinese variety show of the same name, which is in fact a remake of MBC’s variety show “We Got Married”.

Ji Chang Wook stars in a teaser for the concert, which looks like some ad for “Star Wars”. Not sure if I should be impressed or cringe.

The concert will also feature other famous stars from Chinese entertainment, such as Hong Kong actors Ekin Cheng and Jordan Chan from the “Young and Dangerous” movie series, and Stephanie Sun from Singapore.

The concert will be aired live on Jiang Su Television on 31 December 2015. Broadcast time and venue have not been confirmed.

Source: Jiangsu TV Weibo

• Like 10

Ji Chang Wook was pickpocketed in China!

Video interview here:  http://video.toggle.sg/en/video/clips/ji-chang-wook-was-pickpocketed-in-china/351298

Ji Chang Wook pulled a prank at the press conference?

Video interview here:  http://video.toggle.sg/en/video/clips/ji-chang-wook-pulled-a-prank-at-the-press-conference/351268

• Like 11

I feel so sorry for him that he was pickpocketed in China.  The security guards were everywhere around him, but they couldn't protect him well enough. Oh well, I hope JCW will be more alert since that incident and keep his wallet tight so that nobody can pickpocket him. Poor my Wookie! :( 

Oh, so the news I posted last month is true about his New year Eve's concert in China. :D 

• Like 7

Ji Chang-wook, The One to sing for Chinese fans

Updated : December 08 2015

Actor Ji Chang-wook and singer The One, whose real name is Jeong Soon-won, will appear on Jiangsu TV’s New Year’s eve concert, Chinese media reported on Monday.

Ji will sing “Starry Mood,” a song by Jay Chou, and also perform a duet with a yet to be revealed Chinese singer, at the popular year-end concert.

Ji Chang-wook (OSEN)
The One will perform a soundtrack from TV variety show “We Are in Love,” the Chinese version of Korean newlywed program “We Got Married.”

Singaporean singer Stephanie Sun and Chinese girl group SNH48 will also appear on the program.

The One (KeyEast)

In the past, Wonder Girls, Super Junior-M, EXO-M have participated in the annual concert organized by Jiangsu TV, one of the major broadcasters in China.

The concert will hit Chinese airwaves on Dec. 31.

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201512081431241122356_2

• Like 7