Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

Ahhh I see! Yes, i remembered the "Elements of Ji Chang Wook" has already been published so I was a little confused. Now I understand it is part of a series of interview. Thanks for clarifying! And yes, from what i figured from their website, there is autographed posters to be given away...but only 10?? :( Though hopes are not high, here's wishing you luck, still! :) Looking forward to the details of this on JCWKitchen! 

I don't know why I do these dumb things... but I totalled up all of the Japanese magazines Wook has either been on the cover or had a featured article inside since the "Healer" frenzy started up in earnest there in June 2015.  The number came out to 15!  According to sources on Ameba and Mixi, he's also expected to be featured in another 6 issues throughout the next month or so.  As it stands now, my collection has risen to 42 magazines since Wook landed on the Japanese radar screens in 2009 -- which is way more than the Korean magazines' output -- but the Japan publishers produce several different magazines each month, which brings up the total exponentially.

And here I was wondering why my bank account keeps dwindling faster than normal...  time to look into a second job, ne?  :lol:

EDIT:  I received a few PMs over this past week asking how The Kitchen goes about its translations, so here's our answer:  We always translate directly from the written and spoken Korean and the written and spoken Japanese into English (where applicable); if Chinese is the only language available, then we translate that instead.  We've both seen several instances where other languages' translations did not exactly match what was written or spoken in Korean, and since Our Wook is Korean, we always defer to the original Korean language articles and interviews (instead of the subs) in order to catch the nuances that only come with a parent language.  Thanks for asking and I hope this helps!  :)

• Like 10

Guest minksquared

I don't know why I do these dumb things... but I totalled up all of the Japanese magazines Wook has either been on the cover or had a featured article inside since the "Healer" frenzy started up in earnest there in June 2015.  The number came out to 15!  According to sources on Ameba and Mixi, he's also expected to be featured in another 6 issues throughout the next month or so.  As it stands now, my collection has risen to 42 magazines since Wook landed on the Japanese radar screens in 2009 -- which is way more than the Korean magazines' output -- but the Japan publishers produce several different magazines each month, which brings up the total exponentially.

And here I was wondering why my bank account keeps dwindling faster than normal...  time to look into a second job, ne?  :lol:

15 in a short span of time! True sign his popularity has totally surged and I'm really happy for him! :) Hahaha a second job to support your love for Wook? Worth it! :D

Damn @raito1310, you beat me to posting that! LOLLLL :D But it's okay, I'm actually coming in here to swoon at the boy, who looks like he's lost a few kilos! And that last two words 'Ai Ni' had me at OH MY GOD, MELTED... HAHAHAHA!

Rough Translation of the above video posted by raito1310 (Chi-Eng):

Hello everyone! I am Ji Chang Wook (in Chinese first then Korean).
I will finally hold the fan meeting in Taiwan on September 6.
It has been more than a year. I look forward to it as well as feeling excited to see you all that day.
At the moment GTV is airing Healer, so please pay close attention to it.
Everyone do stay healthy.
We'll see each other on September 6 in Taiwan.
Xie Xie (Thank You!)
Ai Ni (Love You!)

:wub:Totally feel like cutting the "Ai Ni" part out to use for notification tone now, hehehe!

----

And now I leave the accuracy of translations to JCWKitchen, :P

• Like 15

Guest minksquared

Thanks @raito1310! He's looking so thin!! But very handsome!! :wub: 

Hahaha @sia3, his 'Ai Ni' is Ke Ai Dao...:wub:  but I actually loved his opening - nothing out of the ordinary but he sounded so natural speaking in Mandarin (for a moment I'd almost fooled myself into thinking he was going to speak mandarin throughout :w00t: ). 

0067FQhqgw1ev811fzarjj30zk0k0gmj.jpg

0067FQhqgw1ev811nxh4vj30zk0k0ab1.jpg

0067FQhqgw1ev811tapbsj30zk0k0q3w.jpg

@minksquared - So true! It was accurately said, all of it! But as a Mandarin speaker myself, I bet the more he says the more he'll be unable to sound natural, bwahahaha! :D But he gets a KISS for good effort. Kekeke! :P He's definitely lost weight, and I think he looks really good like that, hehe. I supposed one cannot look too fat when being framed for rape, murder and on the run from the cops, LOL!

• Like 9

Slightly off-topic, but newsworthy nonetheless.  Not sure how this will affect the Forums... but I expect some interesting changes from this!

Viki Buys Korean Fan Community Soompi from Peter Chernin’s Crunchyroll

viki soompi Partnership

Courtesy of Viki Soompi

Global TV streaming service Viki has acquired the Korean fan community and news site Soompi from Crunchyroll, the anime-focused video subscription service that is part of Peter Chernin’s and AT&T’s Ellation video venture in a deal valued at less than $10 million.

Viki wants to use Soompi as a first step toward building out its own news and forum sections, explained the company’s CEO Tammy H. Nam during an interview this week. “Soompi is all about community, and Viki is too,” she said, adding that all 10 Soompi employees joined Viki, and that the site will keep their own brand and domain for the time being.

Soompi was founded in 1998 as a fan forum and online magazine for Korean pop culture, giving fans of K-Pop and Korean dramas a space to obsess about their favorite stars and shows. Nam said that the site has long been complementary to Viki, with little overlap between their respective communities.

Rest of the article here.

• Like 8

So quiet in here... how about a throwback of ol' pictures of Wookie trolling us that he plays a guitar? :) It reminded me at his 'attempt' to make fans thought he had something awesome in stall for them in the Taiwan FM 2014. HAHAHA!

RYLCIu4.jpg

lD6ExUQ.jpg

avOK9GN.jpg
KMVCbuc.jpg

@cherkell
Do you have HD of the above pictures? The size of these pictures are absolute abomination! *Not happy*
:angry:. As for Viki buying off Soompi, what changes will there be might I ask?

FULL INTERVIEW of JI CHANG WOOK with GTV

Omo! Full interview is out! Off to watch it~ I hope he tells us something new, sighhhh.
Edit: Okay, fine, nothing I don't already know. However, I am curious how accurate the translation for the C-subs are to what he said. @cherkell
- can you please ask Gabby for me? I have always trusted Taiwan's translations more than China's (and is forever more comfortable with the fonts they choose to use too). Thanks in advance.

• Like 12

Guest erminda2671

Who could be that very lucky girl? Hope that she would be very,very patient for Wookie is really busy nowadays for being famous. Goodluck then whomever could that be.

@cherkell

Do you have HD of the above pictures? The size of these pictures are absolute abomination! *Not happy* :angry:. As for Viki buying off Soompi, what changes will there be might I ask?

I believe I do.  I also have the Lady Kyunghyang magazine in which those were featured, and have high-res scans already made.  Give me a bit to scour my external drives for them.  But I also think someone posted HD shots a couple hundred pages ago in this thread if you have the time to search.  :D

I'm concerned over the cross-platforming of both entities; what will take precedent over the other.  When CR bought Soompi, there was no change to the 'business model' since CR was not established in the Korean k-pop/drama discussion forum format like Soompi is.  But Viki also has their own established communities, and I wonder if they will be merged into one big lump or just left alone and still independently operated going forward.

Then there's also the georestrictions Viki has placed on some of its video content.  One good thing about Soompi's acquisition of KDramaTV was that (as far as I could see) there was no throttling of their video content to non-participating countries.  I guess we'll have to see when everything shakes down.  I just wish the volunteer subbers became 'unvolunteered' and were paid a halfway-decent wage for all their massively hard work... but that's another pigs-may-fly situation, ne?  :P

• Like 8

[Weibo Update] 20 August 2015

#我就爱你怎么了 #七夕  ee80a2.pngee80a2.png

#I just love you, how’s that #Qixi ee80a2.pngee80a2.png

CM2_02cUAAEaDJb.jpg:small

Link to Weibo Video  [soompi not allowing video embedding right now -- will update when it pulls its head out of its butt]

(In Chinese) Hello everyone, I’m Ji Chang Wook.
(In Korean) Hello, I’m Ji Chang Wook.
Today in China is the July Qixi Festival, Valentine’s Day.
May all of you have a lovely romance.
I wish you all a happy day with your loved one today.
(In Chinese) Happy Qixi.

*The Qixi Festival (七夕节) can be considered China’s version of Valentine’s Day. The festival is related to the folk tale about the romance between Niulang (cowherder) and Zhinu (weaver girl), known as the “The Weaver Girl and the Cowherder” in English. You can read more about the festival here.

• Like 9

Whenever I write any comment on his Instagram, I always end with "Love you!". :lol: He did the same for the fan meeting video. He is so cute and so sweet! Many people said JCW seems much younger than his real age. 

There is a very nice video I found on Youtube. I hope you like it:

:wub:

• Like 4