Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

#ONEISSUE fan service!  Hallyu Star Actor Ji Chang Wook ONE Magazine July proof shot made public for everyone♥ Just looking at this alone makes your heart to go thump thump~ #ONE Magazine #ONE Magazine #Ji Chang Wook #jichangwook #Ji Chang Wook #July #cover #Los Angeles #LA #fanservice #Hallyu star actor

• Like 12

[IG] 02.08.2015 JI CHANG WOOK GANGNAM FM

I had to remove the HD photos by Melody after seeing their request on IG. It is unfortunate that more and more rules are now applied to the fan taken pictures after they saw what had been done to their pictures on the interweb, especially on IG. For those who does not know, the C-fans have no access to international SNS due to the Chinese government's ban in China. Therefore in order to access these SNS, they have to use VPN (and this cost $$$), or they perhaps rely on overseas C-fans to help them upload onto international SNS. It has been quite noticeable recently that a lot of them have taken the measure to open accounts on IG to reduce the amount of edits/logo cut on their pictures. Some even photoshop the pictures into size that fit perfectly for IG e.g. JI_MaryLee. In conclusion, please follow them to see more pictures from now on.

PHOTOS BY CHANGWOOK_MELODY

• Like 18

JCW looks so photogenic in ZuZu ad.

:wub: I think ZuZu sales will increase. 

Let's not get too excited, folks.  Those "promotional" posters going around are merely fan mock-ups of what they'd like the advertisements to look like.  CBB (the parent company of Zuzu) is still in deep doo-doo with the Chinese government, and I find it extremely fishy that this "deal" has been in the works since mid-April and we have yet to see any announcement from CBB or Zuzu.  One strangely-worded "press release" does not constitute an "endorsement" whatsoever.

I wonder where the fans got  those exclusive pics to make the posters. The pics of JCW they use in the posters looks new to me. I have never seen them before. I don't know if ZuZu make high quality products or not, but I don't care much about their problem with Chinese government. After watching 'Healer', I don't trust any government system anymore. I used to live in a communist country (not in China) a long time ago, and I don't like them at all. I remember that I saw a pic of JCW and a ZuZu staff before on Instagram at a photoshoot. 

There is a fan account on JCW's birthday fan meeting in Seoul on: http://ji-chang-wook-for-you.tumblr.com/

Enjoy reading it! :P

Edited by nploan
  • Like 5

One thing for sure, he's always been a hot property in Korea ever since his debut then Smile Donghae, earned him nickname "Nation's Son", but he was virtually unknown outside Korea..

I myself think EK is the turning point for JCW, a career-defined role... The one that makes people praise and in awe of his acting ability, like an eye opener.. "Woah, JCW could do that kind of acting?? That's impressive" the kind of reaction..

BUT Healer makes him MORE popular overseas, he's having explosive popularity after Healer.. He offers stability and maturity throughout Healer, not to mention he's really cool as badass Healer and so lovable as Park Bong Soo and naturally women will be more attracted to this type of character.

I think EK made him be recognized as top actor and by the time Healer ended, he's recognized as top actor+Hallyu star :D

• Like 13

One thing for sure, he's always been a hot property in Korea ever since his debut then Smile Donghae, earned him nickname "Nation's Son", but he was virtually unknown outside Korea..

I myself think EK is the turning point for JCW, a career-defined role... The one that makes people praise and in awe of his acting ability, like an eye opener.. "Woah, JCW could do that kind of acting?? That's impressive" the kind of reaction..

BUT Healer makes him MORE popular overseas, he's having explosive popularity after Healer.. He offers stability and maturity throughout Healer, not to mention he's really cool as badass Healer and so lovable as Park Bong Soo and naturally women will be more attracted to this type of character.

I think EK made him be recognized as top actor and by the time Healer ended, he's recognized as top actor+Hallyu star :D

Hi, I completely agree with you about what you said on his 2-dramas, "Empress Ki & Healer". :lol:

• Like 6

I wonder where the fans got  those exclusive pics to make the posters. The pics of JCW they use in the posters looks new to me. I have never seen them before. I don't know if ZuZu make high quality products or not, but I don't care much about their problem with Chinese government. After watching 'Healer', I don't trust any government system anymore. I used to live in a communist country (not in China) a long time ago, and I don't like them at all. I remember that I saw a pic of JCW and a ZuZu staff before on Instagram at a photoshoot.

True that he was involved in a Zuzu photoshoot earlier this year, but all that was done and dusted before the controversy became public with CBB's alleged illegal acts (I have to state 'alleged' at this point since the bribery/collusion issues which they are under investigation have not yet been set for trial).  But if he was an official endorser of Zuzu products, these CFs would have been made public ages ago to capitalise on Wook's growing popularity in China.  Instead, he signs with Lonsdale and it's off to the races with their promotions instead.

The photos used in this new "advertisement" look like they have been leaked from his upcoming GRAZIA photoshoot, and whomever made the composite ran it through an Instagram filter to escape detection, so to speak.  I've seen several Zuzu "CFs" floating around the Interwebs lately, and they do not reflect the higher-quality promotional materials that CBB is known for placing in magazines and on buses/billboards.  Fishy fishy, ne?

And I realise that a lot of fans basically don't care where/what/how these endorsements come about because all they want to see is His Pretty Face.  But I would be appalled to see Wook's face on a product where the parent company is under investigation and would be the type of publicity that invites a scandal of epic proportions and sully his image that he's worked so hard to craft since 2008... and I'm positive Glorious's hesitancy to make this endorsement public has a lot to do with that fact.

Stepping off soapbox now before we annoy him any further with such discussions... :P

wookiesad_zpsmg73xkig.jpg

• Like 8

[Magazine] Ceci China June 2015 issue – The Power of Ji Chang Wook

ceci02a

In the dramas “Smile Donghae” and “Empress Ki”, Ji Chang Wook won the Excellence Actor award from KBS and MBC respectively with his outstanding acting abilities, but the show that gave him widespread popularity across Asia is still the drama “Healer”. This drama showcased the romance typical of Korea dramas, and also combined comedy, intrigue, and other elements, describing the story of a courier named “Healer” who disguises himself as a reporter to find out about the past and finds true love at the same time. When asked what was the charm of Healer Seo Jung Hu that attracted him, Ji Chang Wook said he likes this kind of role that has a concrete image and also is fun at the same time. “Seo Jung Hu was lonely at first; he does not like being with other people; all he wanted was to earn money to buy a deserted island and live there alone, until Chae Young Shin appeared in his life, he started to protect and love her, and steadily opened up his heart to her. The character went from cold to one that understands others, and even loved others. This process greatly touched me, giving me a lot of room to explore and find out his inner self.”

Continue reading http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2015/08/10/magazine-ceci-china-june-2015-issue-the-power-of-ji-chang-wook/#more-10334

• Like 10

Ji Chang Wook Sends Love Call to Yoo Ah In to Work Together,

Yoo Ah In Responds in Kind

by ockoala (koalaplayground)

yun2.jpg

This might be a potential awesome onscreen pairing waiting to happen, and even if it doesn’t come to fruition is still too cute not to share. Yoon Ah In has been promoting his new movieVeteran on the media circuit and in a recent segment of Entertainment Relay, he was told thatJi Chang Wook specifically named-checked Yoo Ah In when he was on this show as the actor he wants to work with because he’s sees Yoo Ah In as a great young actor. The interviewer showed Yoo Ah In the video clip recorded by Ji Chang Wook sending him a let’s work together love call, and Yoo Ah In returned the overture with his own video response. Yoo Ah In thanked Ji Chang Wook for the compliment and expressed the same sentiment of wanting to work with Ji Chang Wook. He teasingly complimented Ji Chang Wook for being such a popular Hallyu actor now and if they get to work together then Yoo Ah In will liked to be carried along by Ji Chang Wook’s popularity. LOL, I think it’s double the fandom love boys!

to read more:

http://koalasplayground.com/2015/07/30/ji-chang-wook-sends-love-call-to-yoo-ah-in-to-work-together-yoo-ah-in-responds-in-kind/

• Like 5

[Event] This is JCW Asia Tour – Taiwan FM details announced

1439254072.jpg?w=600&h=400

Details of Ji Chang Wook’s rescheduled Taiwan fan meeting — the 3rd stop of his Asia tour that was previously postponed by the MERS outbreak — have been revealed!  Mark your calendars!

1439254085.jpg?w=600&h=789

According to a news report, Ji Chang Wook specially took leave from the filming of his movie “Fabricated City” in order to hold this fan meeting.  In addition, he hopes that his Taiwan fans stay safe from the typhoon, and asks his Taiwan fans to support “Healer” on GTV.

Date and time: 6 September 2015; 7:00pm
Venue: Taipei International Convention Centre (TICC) (The venue is the exact same place where he held his first Taiwan fan meeting in 2014.)
Tickets:  Ticket prices and on-sale dates have yet to be announced.

Note:  Glorious Entertainment has yet to officially make an announcement regarding this rescheduled event.  We will update with more details when they are made available.

Credit:  etidol.com

• Like 9

Guest minksquared

Oooh is this for Grazia shoot? :) He's looking good! I missed watching him on screen yesterday so I went back and did a random EK episode [again...]. Oh those emotions he emoted throughout a mere 1 episode reminded me again just how amazing he was (and still is)!

Credit: parktaeyun IG

Edited by minksquared

There is a new pic I see on jcw70587's Twitter, but I don't know when it was taken. I guess it's for movie "Fabricated City' .

According to JCW DC, this was the prayer service prior to his Hong Kong fan meeting just now seeing the light of day.

• Like 11

There is a new pic I see on jcw70587's Twitter, but I don't know when it was taken. I guess it's for movie "Fabricated City' .

According to JCW DC, this was the prayer service prior to his Hong Kong fan meeting just now seeing the light of day.

Thanks @cherkell. It's the first time I realize that there was a prayer service prior to a fan meeting too. Anyway, hopefully the coming FMs in Taiwan and Hangzhou will also be a great success. I want him to be happy.

I'm a little sad that I can't come to Wookie' s perfs or events now, but I'll try my best to work on my dream someday. Good luck to me :D

Edited by yumiko_hitoshi
  • Like 6

9 On-screen K-drama couples we wish were real

by Lauren Jinkerson (drama fever)

The chemistry on screen between the two main characters is an integral part of the success of a K-drama series. Sometimes the chemistry is less believable, resulting in a less-than-satisfying series. Sometimes the chemistry is so believable that you find yourself googling whether the couple is dating in real life. When it's discovered they are not dating, it's difficult to believe because their acting was so natural and real. In this list we look at 9 of our favorite on-screen couples we wish would get together in real life:

5. Ji Chang WookPark Min Young - Healer

e786985f-94fe-419b-b298-ff7aac968582.jpg

Healer gave us plenty of opportunities to see the chemistry between Park Min Young and Ji Chang Wook. Every moment between them seemed so natural and unforced and there appears to be so much care and consideration between these two people that they are one of the couples I'd most love to see get together. 

to read more:

http://www.dramafever.com/news/9-k-drama-on-screen-couples-we-wish-were-real/

hi to all, new here although liked him since "bachelor"  and his acting blew me away in EK so here i am being active and waiting his new film

BTW - what does it mean "prayer service prior to a fan meeting"?

• Like 4

hi to all, new here although liked him since "bachelor"  and his acting blew me away in EK so here i am being active and waiting his new film

BTW - what does it mean "prayer service prior to a fan meeting"?

hi @nevill good to see you again!  And since you haven't been here in awhile, here's a gentle reminder that we don't post "shipping" news between Ji Chang Wook and any of his female co-stars in this forum.  This is an individual actor's thread and there are shipping threads already set up for that purpose.  We'd appreciate it if you could keep that in mind and please edit your post accordingly.  :)

And as to "Fabricated City" we've set up a distinct thread for the movie as well:  [Upcoming Movie] Fabricated City (조작된 도시).  It's kinda bare-boned at present, but as soon as the movie filming gets further along, I'm sure the posts will increase as well.  Visit there for all the movie news!  (And the film is not scheduled to be released until early 2016.)

And as @mellinadear notes above, a "prayer service" is a long-standing tradition for any Korean production that involves a cast (movie, drama, musical, fan meeting, etc.) to hold such a ceremony.  Speeches are given by the PD-nim and other high-ranking production officials, the writers, and the lead cast members, and everyone gathers around to provide non-denominational prayers and offerings (mostly food and liquor) to various deities for the cast and crew's health and happiness and the drama's success and smooth filming during the run of the production.  And for good ratings, too... but me thinks that maybe "Healer" could have used a bucket-load more offerings to help those ratings end up better than they actually did.  :P

• Like 8