Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

23 hours ago, mellinadear said:

Just for my love for Wookie, i decided to watch W2. i couldn't continue after the 1st episode. The dubbing disturbed me.

i will just patiently wait for his kdrama comeback lol. 

Hi mellinadear, I heard that YoonA is being cast opposite JCW in his upcoming drama, "K2". She hasn’t officially confirmed her casting but is favorably considering it. If she accepts her role, she will be portraying Ko Anna who is a recluse/hermit and hidden daughter of an important leader. :P

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi mellinadear, I heard that YoonA is being cast opposite JCW in his upcoming drama, "K2". She hasn’t officially confirmed her casting but is favorably considering it. If she accepts her role, she will be portraying Ko Anna who is a recluse/hermit and hidden daughter of an important leader. :P

Oh dear Lord, Yoona? is there no other actress? i thought her agency denied it? Why cast her? i want wookie to go the army after his project with a bang and he needs a strong co-star for that. *sigh* i would be lying if i said i was happy. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

Oh dear Lord, Yoona? is there no other actress? i thought her agency denied it? Why cast her? i want wookie to go the army after his project with a bang and he needs a strong co-star for that. *sigh* i would be lying if i said i was happy. 

mellinadear, wait & see............I do agree with you - I want a HIT drama as well for him before he goes into military service. I look forward to this series & I'm happy that there's something to look forward to..... :P

• Like 3

@mellinadear @willenette, I agree with both of you about Yoona, but I'm more worried about the script writer. Yong Pal became so bouring half way through that I stopped watching. I don't want the same happening to a JCW drama. I want him to get a proper send off to the army. 

• Like 2

[Event] Ji Chang Wook’s “Be With You” Nanjing concert ticketing details

146949952072163.jpg?w=600&h=818

Just when we thought Ji Chang Wook was done with his “This is JCW” concert tour, his Chinese agency Bravo Music announced an additional stop, this time in Nanjing, China.

Event: Ji Chang Wook Be With You 2016 Nanjing This Is JCW
Date and time: 20 August 2016, 7.30pm (local time)
Venue: Nanjing Sun Palace Theatre (南京太阳宫剧场)
Address:  No. 3, Yangguang Road, Xuanwu District, Nanjing, China (玄武区太平门阳光路3号)

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/07/26/event-ji-chang-wooks-be-with-you-nanjing-concert-ticketing-details/

• Like 4

[Drama] Ji Chang Wook confirms K2 as his next Korean drama

Actor Ji Chang Wook has been confirmed to star in tvN’s new Friday-Saturday drama “K2” (working title).

Glorious Entertainment announced on 27 July that Ji Chang Wook has chosen K2 as his next project, and is expected to commence filming soon.

K2, which will air on tvN after “The Good Wife”, is a story about a former mercernary soldier turned bodyguard, the wife of a political candidate who uses his services, and a 20-year-old young lady who lives separate from the world.

In the drama, Ji Chang Wook plays Kim Jye Ha, a JSS elite bodyguard who was formerly a war mercernary soldier. Although he was once an outstanding agent, he becomes a fugitive due to a suspicious case, and gradually changes when he falls in love.

Ji Chang Wook said, “Kim Jye Ha is a cold and cynical character but he has a charm that always draws me back to him. I am anticipating and curious about the relationships he will form with the other characters in the drama.” He added, “I wanted to meet my fans who have been waiting for me to comeback with a Korean production as soon as possible. I will see everyone soon. I will work hard to prepare and return with a good image.”

Source: Osen

• Like 5

I think there are really only 1-2 k-dramas a year that are really outstanding, then there are the others that are watchable. For me Healer was one of those outstanding dramas, but they are few and far between. Hopefully K2 is watchable. That will be good enough for me because I am somewhat critical when watching a drama. I'm not expecting a huge hit (although I am happy if it is one),

• Like 1

[CF] More Ji Chang Wook for Lonsdale’s 2016 Fall/Winter Lookbook

lonsdale5.jpg?w=900&h=561

And not to be outdone by all of Ji Chang Wook’s recent drama news, Lonsdale has released yet another teaser video featuring Wook oh so stylishly showing off more of their 2016 Fall/Winter Lookbook clothing.  Take a look here!

https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2016/07/27/cf-more-ji-chang-wook-for-lonsdales-2016-fallwinter-lookbook/

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cookiesncream123 said:

I think there are really only 1-2 k-dramas a year that are really outstanding, then there are the others that are watchable. For me Healer was one of those outstanding dramas, but they are few and far between. Hopefully K2 is watchable. That will be good enough for me because I am somewhat critical when watching a drama. I'm not expecting a huge hit (although I am happy if it is one),

Hi cookiesncream, I do agree with you - I considered it as one, too. This will be JCW's first K-drama since “Healer”. And this drama shot him to international fame. "Healer" is a good drama! :P For "K2" I just hope that the story is well-written too. :D

• Like 2

On 7/26/2016 at 10:23 AM, willenette said:

mellinadear, wait & see............I do agree with you - I want a HIT drama as well for him before he goes into military service. I look forward to this series & I'm happy that there's something to look forward to..... :P

Lol Wookie is gonna be smiling to theBank and Knetz will continue being pressed. Looking forward to the drama.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mellinadear said:

Lol Wookie is gonna be smiling to theBank and Knetz will continue being pressed. Looking forward to the drama.

Hi mellinadear, me, too - looking forward to the drama. BTW, I wonder what went on for Yoona that she reportedly turn it down and a week later is considering it once again & accepted this drama. Maybe due to her another C-drama lined up next? "K2" sounds interesting… I’m so happy to get him back in K-dramaland. Good luck to JCW! :P

On 7/25/2016 at 4:47 PM, mellinadear said:

Just for my love for Wookie, i decided to watch W2. i couldn't continue after the 1st episode. The dubbing disturbed me.

i will just patiently wait for his kdrama comeback lol. 

*** I wonder why JCW took such a female-centric school C-drama.  He looks like a much more seasoned actor than most of the cast there. Ye, the voice dubbing….urghh! :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, willenette said:

*** I wonder why JCW took such a female-centric school C-drama.  He looks like a much more seasoned actor than most of the cast there. Ye, the voice dubbing….urghh! :P

My guess would be a combination of money and contractual obligations. 

3 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi mellinadear, me, too - looking forward to the drama. BTW, I wonder what went on for Yoona that she reportedly turn it down and a week later is considering it once again & accepted this drama. Maybe due to her another C-drama lined up next? "K2" sounds interesting… I’m so happy to get him back in K-dramaland. Good luck to JCW! :P

I think he took it bc the first season was successful and this will likely branch him out to a wider Chinese audience.  

I think K2 production team is targeting China so they went after Yoona and JCW which are both decently popular in China. I hope K2 has a solid writing team. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, didadi said:

My guess would be a combination of money and contractual obligations. 

Hi didadi, I couldn't agree with you more - + 'territory expansion' -  the pay is higher in China than it is in Korea and they know that they Chinese Market will soon lead to the international market. They get paid about twice as much. That's why many prefer to star in C-movies/dramas. Chinese market is big. That means China has a lot of market to cover. Through C-movies/dramas, not only can Korean stars become bigger in China, but internationally, into Hollywood. :P

• Like 1