|WGM Chinese Version| We Are In Love - BF Choi Siwon |SUJU| and GF Liu Wen |Victoria Secret Model|

1 hour ago, Kculturefun said:

Is LW on vacation?  I thought her trip to her current location is work related as her makeup artist and an Elle editor seem to be with her. 

with siwon finishing his Police training, as long as she's in Asia, I'm happy. 

From her pictures, it looks more like Sentosa Island than Bali. 

• Like 3

@jusrub Me too.  Don't know if folks on this thread know or not, LW was not able to respond quickly when asked when was the last time she was in Korea... fans were joking that it should be a straightforward answer - the H&M shoot in Sept...  anyway, this may be another reason that they have seen each other more than we know... SW's family has a helicopter, can a helicopter travel 2 to 3 hours between countries?  Some celebs use private jets if they can afford it or access it... not sure about helicopter :)

Also, SW's police assignment allows him to access internet, cell phones and provides vacation time - feels like it is an even better environment for dating than before...:)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, jusrub said:

with siwon finishing his Police training, as long as she's in Asia, I'm happy. 

From her pictures, it looks more like Sentosa Island than Bali. 

Im not sure whether is bali or not. But i dont think is sentosa island as well. Sentosa is a really small made island . The length  of the beach is not that far and the sea is very calm. Not much waves as well and sentosa have a very white sand. While the one in the picture is pretty much the type of sands you will encounter in beaches in indonesia more brown.. :) 

• Like 3

I remember seeing a comment on LW's beach photo on IG yesterday which said something like 'thanks for your message yesterday, enjoy Bali' so I assumed that was from someone she knows in reality and she is in Bali. 

• Like 2

@ieja rashid Thank you for the heads up!

Here's the ELLE interview taken during the H&M 2016 CNY campaign photoshoot:

Exclusive: Liu Wen and Siwon Choi team up for H&M Chinese New Year campaign

The Chinese model and South Korean singer talk about working together in this exclusive interview. See their campaign images here

By ELLE Malaysia | Published: 7 Jan 2016
mobile-facebook-icon.png mobile-twitter-icon.png mobile-pinterest-icon.png mobile-mail-icon.png 

36 favourite-icon.png

Liu Wen & Siwon Photo: H&M

Liu Wen and Siwon Choi are quickly becoming our favourite fashion duo. They co-starred in Chinese television drama We Are In Love and now, they've come together again for H&M's Chinese New Year 2016 campaign, which was announced last September.

An exclusive interview with the pair makes its debut on ELLE.my, where the supermodel and Korean heartthrob talk about their chemistry (that's very evident in the campaign images) and what the festival means to them.

What was it like shooting the H&M campaign?
Siwon Choi: Liu Wen and I have had fantastic chemistry since our reality TV show and we are bringing the chemistry to this year's H&M Chinese New Year campaign. The whole team was fantastic to work with; Liu Wen and I had so much fun shooting we were even taking selfies off camera with a selfie stick, as if we wanted to have even more photo shoots off set!

Liu Wen: I have fronted various H&M campaigns in the past with models from all over the world; Siwon is one of the few who speaks better Mandarin than me, which makes the whole experience a lot of fun! During the shoot, we spoke a lot about Chinese New Year aesthetics, such as greetings to say, what to eat and other traditions, as if the Spring Festival had already arrived!

liuwensiwon1.jpg

Which were your favourite looks you wore in the campaign and what did you like about them?
SC: From H&M's 2016 Chinese New Year collection, my favourite item would have to be the monkey printed sweater. It is modern, fun and playful, which is the most suitable for this joyful festivity of the year of the monkey!

LW: There are many pieces I like from H&M's 2016 Chinese New Year Collection, but I especially like the floral flare dress in festive red. The dress goes beyond the traditional boundary of traditional festive wear, it is feminine, fashion-forward, and can be worn all year round.

liuwensiwon2.jpg

Describe your style and what you will wear for Chinese New Year this year.
SC: In Korea, we call the Lunar New Year Seollal, in which we would traditionally wear Korean clothes calledhanbok. In celebration of the Spring festival, I would prefer to put a modern twist to my outfits with happy colours, such as hues in red or burgundy, to signify this happy time of the year.

LW: Chinese New Year is a fun time of the year where we pay tribute to the traditional aesthetic and dress up for this occasion! Wearing red is a must for the Spring Festival, but the style also needs to have a mix of modernism, playfulness, accented by a touch from the East. For example, a pair of oriental tasseled earrings paired with any simple style effortlessly brings liveliness to a festive look during Chinese New Year.

liuwensiwon3.jpg

Tell us about your most memorable spring festival celebration.
SC: February in 2011 would the most memorable to me; this was the year before my grandmother passed away. I left to Taiwan for a movie shoot immediately after the visit. It made me realise the importance of spending more time with my parents.

LW: My most memorable Spring Festival celebration would be two years ago, when I travelled from Mexico back home via three different transits: plane, train and bus. I will not forget the moment of joy when I stepped into my home.

liuwensiwon4.jpg

What message do you want to portray through this campaign?
SC: Lunar New Year is a rare time of the year where we all get to dress up and celebrate with the most important people in our lives. I hope that the campaign can portray love and happiness because this is what the festival is all about.

LW: I am very happy to be fronting H&M's Chinese New Year campaign with Siwon. The previous reality TV show brought us together, and reception from the audience was fantastic! Audiences like to see positive vibes, and this is exactly what we want to communicate in H&M's Chinese New Year campaign: happiness and positivity! The experience this time is totally different from a TV show; it was absolute joy, and we hope everyone walking past the billboards would feel the same.

H&M's Chinese New Year collection for men, women and children rolls out in stores from 21 January 2016.

cr. ELLE Malaysia

• Like 13

She's definitely in Bali. That guy who wished her well is legit from his IG account, so he really does know her. Another comment on her latest update places her more specifically in the Como Shambhala Estate. It's a bit dispiriting that she's there for work since her staff is with her; if she hangs around in Asia for personal reasons until Jan. 27th or Feb. 8th when she could instead be back in NY, that's a good sign as it might mean she'll be with you know who around those dates. It's obvious that celebrating Siwon's birthday on the show last year meant a lot to the both of them (no acting there), so even if they're just friends, I'd think Siwon would want to be with or at least reach out to Liu Wen on her special day. Let's hope that he'll be daring enough to post something online acknowledging her birthday.

And as for that 'kinky' H&M BTS shot, it appears that Siwon has his thigh nestled up against Liu Wen's crotch...I can't believe I didn't notice that upon first glance, but now that I do...ick!!! ;) :P :lol:  

• Like 7

@sj08_stv Same here! Love the closeness and happiness we can feel from it... definitely would pass for a wedding photo :wub: Weibo CSI'ers are speculating that in this shot, Siwon was probably sitting on the stool while she was leaning very close against him ;) 

• Like 7

@angelangie I agree! The latest sets of released BTS and ad photos from the H&M CNY 2016 campaign are such a joy to see... exactly because the closeness and familiarity is very evident - definitely 很熟的熟人 someone they know very well :D 

@sj08_stv Me too! Been refreshing H&M's youtube channel but to no avail... perhaps closer to the 28th? H&M, please give us plenty to spazz over and make it the best CNY present ever:w00t:

• Like 4

More BTSes from Today T:

0060wjSvgw1ezr8zibqguj30am0cv47n.jpg0060wjSvgw1ezr8zrd9yoj30ki0dv1eg.jpg0060wjSvjw1ezr8ylz2mnj30sa0g07wh.jpg

cr. tdy_T twitter, mun+won Weibo

And the accompanying article from Today featuring the interview with Siwon and Liu Wen during the campaign photoshoot here:

lifestyle

H&M campaign models Choi Siwon and Liu Wen share their Lunar New Year aspirations

H&M campaign models Choi Siwon and Liu Wen share their Lunar New Year aspirations
Photo: H&M

The K-pop star and Chinese supermodel on romance, fashion and more
PUBLISHED: 8:13 PM, JANUARY 7, 2016
UPDATED: 8:28 PM, JANUARY 7, 2016

(PAGE 1 OF 1) - PAGINATE

SINGAPORE We love Chinese supermodel Liu Wen. The 27-year-old is gorgeous, spunky and breaks glass ceilings everywhere she struts.

For one, the daughter of a construction worker became the first Asian model for Victoria’s Secret and Estee Lauder. Forbes has also named her among the world’s highest paid supermodels last year, with earnings on par with Kate Moss and even beating Kendall Jenner. In the latest 
Chinese New Year campaign for H&M, she gets to cosy up again with her co-star in the Chinese television serial We Are In Love, Korean singer Choi Siwon.

The “normally quite tomboy” model is more than happy to trade her jeans for frocks for the Chinese New Year celebrations, especially if the outfits can be worn after the festivities. “During special occasions such as Chinese New Year, it feels great to look feminine,” she said, and added that many of the pieces from H&M’s collection fit her 
personal style.

“I especially like the floral flare dress as it goes beyond traditional festive wear. It can be worn all year round.”

Beyond clothes for the New Year, she recalled her childhood celebrations with relish. “We would rush to get out of bed for red packets from the elders. The money is usually very new. I would be very happy just looking at it and not wanting to spend it!” And guess what, supermodels like her are just like mere mortals. She gets nagged about her love life during family reunions. “Elders nagging during Chinese New Year simply just means that they want me to find another half. They know clearly though that it is not easy to do, so I do not feel any pressure about it. Love, to me, is definitely not a fairy tale, but more of holding hands to cross the road,” 
she shared.

The go-getter revealed she’s very much focused on work for this year and hoped to be featured in different varieties of magazines. But she also remains sanguine about not planning too much, lest life gets unsurprising and the future “lacks curiosity” as she so 
aptly described.

As for her leading man for this H&M campaign, the future in 2016 is very much set for Choi as he’ll be doing his military service in South Korea. In fact, the Super Junior star had posted a picture of himself in army fatigues on his Instagram account 
three weeks ago.

Declining to chat about his career plans after military service or even the idea of romance, Choi did have an opinion or two about fashion.

“My fans would know that I have tried various fashion styles for a very long time. For now, I have found my most suitable style: Simplicity. I like a classic and simple style, it is comfortable and timeless,” he said, adding it’s a good thing the H&M Chinese New Year menswear collection can be mixed and matched with existing items in the wardrobe.

In the spirit of the upcoming holidays, the 29-year-old did reveal his burning desire for ... Korean-style pancakes with his family and friends.

“Nothing beats a feast of traditional Korean food prepared by my family, such as Korea style pancakes and ribs stew,” he declared.

Well, with great food and new threads to mark the Chinese New Year, who needs romance, right?

H&M’s Chinese New Year Collection will be available in stores from Jan 21. Shoppers will receive a special Chinese New Year voucher with any purchase from Jan 30 to Feb 6 while stocks last.

• Like 3

OMG now that i now she is in bali. I feel like booking a ticket to bali to find her ask for autograph and photo then comes back .. LOL.. well i hope she had a good time in my country.. 

I could see she would probably  be in a very private villa where no one could find her :/. Bali hotel management  is very famous for hiding a famous star who  wnat to spend their holiday privately  without being caught by paparazzi. They are expert on that matters. 

I think i would not find her strolling around kuta beach, legian,nusa dua  or even jimbaran where the commoners  hang out LOL!  If she decided to take a short trip to the capital city, i swear i will hunt her down HAHAHHAHA 

• Like 5