|WGM Chinese Version| We Are In Love - BF Choi Siwon |SUJU| and GF Liu Wen |Victoria Secret Model|

Guest mywebfoot
45 minutes ago, liddi said:

@mywebfoot Nod nod nod agree agree agree :D 

And re-reading the interview, I finally got past seeing rainbows over "Maybe I could spend this Chinese New Year with you, Liu Wen?" and read the line before that "So I do hope I get to spend time with my family."

So lemme do some mapping here.... "spend time with family" -> "spend CNY with Liu Wen" -> Liu Wen = family :w00t:

Okay... excuse me while I indulge in another round of spazzing :D

YAAHHHH YES FamilyTime=LiuWenTime. Spazz!

Ooh, looking fine for EL...that very last shot is particularly lovely. Not too thrilled with the company, though; aside from the recent overabundance of Kendall Jenner, I had a bit of a WTF moment when I saw a blonde chick ringing in CNY for them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=law8zB0-lrI

Yeah, because it makes perfect sense to utilize Blondie as a sort of CNY Santa Claus instead of the only Chinese (and Asian) model on EL's roster out of the merely 15 women who have represented the brand in the past 45 years, right? Idiots.

And now I see a gentlewoman has taken to bashing that "weird" and "girly" guy on LW's IG...imagine if his sister and best friend stumble over such gems...ugh, show some class, for goodness' sake!

• Like 7

Liu Wen's latest Weibo post from her iPhone 6Plus... looks like she's back in Asia :) 

安静如岁月 @雅诗兰黛  [心]
As quiet as the passing of time @EsteeLauder

4c56dd36gw1f08jtd1tplj22ge3fa7wj.jpg

And her message for Signature International IG...

Meanwhile, Siwon in EXR's 2016 Spring/Summer collection:

0060wjSvjw1f08inwi5flj30hs0nignj.jpg0060wjSvjw1f08invihx1j30hs0mnab5.jpg 

Spoiler

0060wjSvjw1f08invvkgmj30hs0lcgmc.jpg0060wjSvjw1f08invphk1j30hs0lcq47.jpg0060wjSvjw1f08inw1mfgj30hs0cp3zy.jpg0060wjSvjw1f08inw9f3aj30hs0cpta0.jpg

cr. EXR_China Weibo

• Like 7

@allnaturalcrunchtime_stv  FYI, on Weibo, you can hear grunts from some LW fans, they were complaining about seeing blondes they don't know, quite frankly, don't care about when shopping for Estee Lauder, since they go there because of LW...  I particularly don't like Kendall, her face is everywhere!!! I can't escape from her... I wanted to buy some foundation last week but walked out of the store empty handed because Kendall's face was surrounding me... the shop assistant disliked her either and told me to "express my dislike to NY. She said they chose Kandall because they want to attract buyers of Kendall's age... whatever, like most of them can afford all the stuff all the time. 

• Like 3

Liu Wen’s New Year

Estée Lauder spokesmodel Liu Wen has already had an incredible year, between modeling, fashion shows, and a new star stint on Chinese reality TV. Here, photographer Garance Doré tells a visual story about how she'll celebrate Chinese New Year and prep for what’s yet to come.

ee_219_image_01.jpg

After a couple of seasons of highly sculpted, Instagram-ready cheekbones that could cut glass, letting one’s own skin enjoy a moment in the spotlight feels positively subversive. But celebrating the skin you’re in is integral to Estée Lauder spokesmodel Liu Wen’s Chinese New Year look, created by makeup artist Victor Henao, and shot by photographer, illustrator and street-style blogger Garance Doré. “Chinese New Year is a huge deal,” Wen explains. Though Fashion Week has kept her from celebrating the holiday with her family in China for the past few years, this February, she’ll head to her grandmother’s home for the festivities. “Everyone gathers early in the morning and chats—parents, aunts, uncles, cousins and siblings,” she explains. “We make lunch together, usually dumplings. Then we play games and enjoy the fireworks,” she says. Wen’s Chinese zodiac sign is the dragon, the only animal in the lineup that doesn’t exist in real life. “It brings an element of fantasy to my life and I really appreciate how wonderful and amazing it is,” she says. “I’m lucky to travel so much and to meet so many people.”

Chinese New Year is a huge deal.

ee_219_image_02.jpg

While Wen’s sign is of the illusory realm, Garance Doré’s western and eastern astrological signs are straightforward in theme. “I’m a Taurus in the western zodiac and a cat in the Chinese zodiac,” she says. True to her practicality, Doré’s best beauty advice is simply to put yourself in the best light you can. “I just turned 40, and at my age, a little bit of natural makeup helps, because I can get a bit washed out, especially in photos,” she explains. On this shoot, she worked with Wen to tell a visual, three-part story about the different stages of Chinese New Year makeup, culminating in a nighttime look. “People tend to be more daring when they go out on the town, especially in New York, where it’s more about being cool than being super ‘done,’” Doré notes.

Though being “done” is a veritable job requirement for Wen, she keeps her look low-key to give her skin a break when she’s not working. Her ideal regimen? Estée Lauder Nutritious skincare and lots of sunblock. “It doesn’t matter [whether or not] you’re going to a beach—protect your skin every day,” she advises. Wen also regularly applies extra night cream to combat jet lag and dehydrated skin. “When I arrive at my destination, I wear a face mask, make a cup of tea, and read a book or watch a movie,” she says.

ee_219_image_03.jpg

I’m lucky to travel so much and to meet so many people.

More here

cr. Estée Lauder Estée Edit

• Like 10

Fan video of Siwon and Changmin... not sure when this was taken, but apparently it was during a police event, possibly the one on the 16th?

Weibo fans are poking fun of Siwon, saying that he doesn't look like a Korean star, but door guard, especially walking towards the fans with the hot drink in hand :D 

http://www.miaopai.com/show/Mk2Oy-Hlhl6HwWgL5BL3JA__.htm

Quick transcript:

SW: [in English] Japanese?
Fans: Chinese. Chinese!
SW: [in English] If you guys have no ticket, then you have to go back, okay? 
SW: [in Chinese] Okay, do you have tickets?
Fans: No
SW: [in Chinese] No? Then you cannot inside. Please go back okay? Bye bye.

• Like 8

Haha, Siwon's kinda cute there...poor guy...here he is trying to be an upstanding policeman, and a gaggle of geese just won't let him alone...sigh...

So, Liu Wen will be in the East during the CNY period for the first time in six years...I'd hope for a meeting between our two lovebirds but Siwon seems very preoccupied with his duties these days...even his IG hasn't been updated in ages...no time for romance within the next two years, I guess?

• Like 3

Yeah, and you think she's going to feel comfortable doing it again with all those fools jumping on her in his IG and making her feel so self-conscious for posting a comment? Idiots! No wonder she issued that statement saying she's single!

So, she's in NYC...hmm...all signs were pointing to her being in China. I hope the poor dear won't be spending her birthday so far away from home and in this bitter cold, but I guess it makes sense that she would be in the West at this time with the fashion season kicking into gear.

And yowza, should we be rooting for ChaeWen instead? :P :wub:

• Like 4

How wonderful to se Liu Wen commenting on Mr Chae's IG... alongside Keenie :) 

006hBCGvgw1f09ytaf10oj30yi0py43i.jpg

cr. PlusOneSheep Weibo

Is she in NYC? So the iPhone 6 Plus is no longer an indication of geographical location (previously presumed to be Asia)?

In any case, she is due back in China for the Hunan Satellite TV CNY celebrations on 2 Feb. Hopefully she comes back in time for her birthday. And until then, wishing her the same wishes she wished Mr Chae... that she stays warm and safe, especially in view of the blizzard that is surrounding her at time of her IG and Weibo posts.

• Like 9

Liu Wen's friend, fashion critic and author 吉良先生 had an interesting post on his Weibo... can't imagine what he is trying to say ;) :

H&M的中国新(nue)年(gou)系列又发大招,(我家)@刘雯 和她的普通朋友崔始源不仅拍了广告大片,还出了动图表情包。嗯,雯子特别可爱啦,我觉得他们俩看起来还挺熟悉的样子,应该……嗯……就是比较聊得来的朋友吧。
H&M's Chinese New Year series has delivered another major stroke, (my family) Liu Wen and her normal/ordinary friend Choi Siwon not only did advertisement photoshoots, but also released animated expression gifs. Um, Liu Wen is especially adorable, I feel that both of them appear to be quite familiar with each other, it should be... umm.... just friends who can get along pretty well with each other.

6576a9c2gw1f0a6n2m6itg206y06ywi0.gif6576a9c2gw1f0a6n5mho9g206o062nae.gif6576a9c2gw1f0a6n3u2uag206o06owie.gif6576a9c2gw1f0a6n416rzg206y06xk0g.gif6576a9c2gw1f0a6n4ufghg206y06ydq1.gif6576a9c2gw1f0a6n2z4h8g206y06y7hf.gif 

cr. 吉良先生 Weibo

• Like 12

@juzagurl Actually he said "ordinary friend" - should have used that term instead... sorry for the confusion :D 

But on the flip side, it would appear to be true that this is probably the first time Liu Wen appears so comfortable with an unmarried guy who is not gay :P 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, liddi said:

But on the flip side, it would appear to be true that this is probably the first time Liu Wen appears so comfortable with an unmarried guy who is not gay :P 

Well, that we know of...the next two years should prove educational for Siwon, no? :P :lol:

Anyway, I like that post from Liu Wen's friend...the sarcasm...a man after my own heart! ;) "Liu Wen and her ordinary friend Choi Siwon"..."it should be...umm...just friends who can get along pretty well with each other"...well, tell us what you're really getting at, mate! :lol:

So, Liu Wen will be in China soon...in this month alone, she's been to Bali, London, Mexico, NYC...that's at least three separate continents...she's the most well-travelled top model primarily because she straddles both East and West...no wonder Siwon worries as to who will check up on her once he's gone, and that's probably why Mr. BG has been so solicitous of her online since the enlistment. I wouldn't be surprised if Jiwon does the same through phone, too.

• Like 8

On 1/21/2016 at 7:54 PM, burgl said:

BTW:  my husband said men do not put their hands on coworker's stomach, unless they are in a relationship.  it would cross to many social boundaries (happy happy)

And no professional co-worker would love male hands all over their stomach all the time .. unless, of course, they be liking those hands there :phew:

• Like 11