|WGM Chinese Version| We Are In Love - BF Choi Siwon |SUJU| and GF Liu Wen |Victoria Secret Model|

I just saw on Weibo, not sure if it is true... Siwon once said he was single, following that, his Ex said on social media that the five-year relationship was still on-going...  she got crucified by Siwon's fans. 

those two had a public spat in twitter. And ever since then, they had not followed each other. And even before, the ex had denied that he was even involved with siwon so i doubt she would mention anything about their past.

• Like 1

I just saw on Weibo, not sure if it is true... Siwon once said he was single, following that, his Ex said on social media that the five-year relationship was still on-going...  she got crucified by Siwon's fans. 

those two had a public spat in twitter. And ever since then, they had not followed each other. And even before, the ex had denied that he was even involved with siwon so i doubt she would mention anything about their past.

Make sense.  She seems like a quiet, low profile person too. 

I admit, Iike everyone else, I focused on the question and answer about "single" and single life style and got completely immersed in it when I first read the SELF article. ... now that I took a closer look at her answer, I notice some nuances. I will come back to this in a min.  But first, there is another question proceeding the "single' question.

Q:请问关于女人的性感一面你是怎样理解的? (What is your perspective on being sexy for a woman?")A:每个女人对待性感都会有不同的定义,以前我不认为自己会

是个性感的女人,后来可能是去做模特这个职业,给了我很多不同的认识,当你在不同的状态会有不同的性感,面对工作面对男友都会不一样,关键看你如何去展现自己,嗯,对我来说性感也许是一种过程吧。

@Liddi, please keep most me honest here.  But basically she said - Every woman has her own definition of "sexy".  In the past I did not consider myself as a sexy woman.  Maybe because of my career as a model, I have been exposed to different things (have different revelations). Being sexy means different things in different situations, such as dealing with work or being with one's boyfriend.  The important thing here is how to conduct/depict yourself, hmm, to me, being sexy could be a process. 

She talks about boyfriend as if it is a current reality... am I the only one who feels this way?  (Also, Eps 9 of "she is pretty" was only filmed last week, in which SW mentioned LW's name") so I think they are still...:wub:

Going back to her answer to "single" and single lifestyle question - she touched on her single status... then she spends majority of the time describing how she spends her alone time and how she actually enjoys her "me" time.   So to me, she wanted to give her official answer to the question to "set the record" then she wants to move on and get to the things she really wants to talk about... 

I don't want to over rotate on this, but I am actually calm and continue to believe what we actually see.  I am not holding my breath for a meet-up prior to enlistment.. and it also hits home that this whole thing may take 2 years... in my mind, I have always thought that LW can visit Siwon regularly when he has time off during the two years when he is in the army....  So best wishes to our couple!  

• Like 6

LW's manager, Ms. Ren, posted the below weibo update.

很多时候不想无病呻吟,但是今天还是想说点:无论说什么,都会被媒体断章取义;想说点真心话,都会被听到的人选择性传播。所以,以后选择什么都不说,不解释。我相信清者自清!

I have a deadline to meet and my eyes are bothering me... @liddi, could you please translate.  But the gist is that: She usually chooses to keep silent, however, today, she wanted to say something.  The media has been selective in what to publish (i.e. taking things out of context).  Wanted to share something real and meaningful (I guess by LW)  with the readers, but media was selective in what to share... so in the future, we choose to saying nothing.  No explanation from us, I believe those who can see things through know. 
Not sure exactly what she is talking about, but there is a good chance it is the SELF interview... I thought that was the biggest news in ShiLiu fandom today. (But she could be referring to something entirely different) 
Edited by Kculturefun
  • Like 1

很多时候不想无病呻吟,但是今天还是想说点:无论说什么,都会被媒体断章取义;想说点真心话,都会被听到的人选择性传播。所以,以后选择什么都不说,不解释。我相信清者自清!

I have a deadline to meet and my eyes are bothering me... @liddi, could you please translate.  But the gist is that: She usually chooses to keep silent, however, today, she wanted to say something.  The media has been selective in what to publish (i.e. taking things out of context).  Wanted to share something real and meaningful (I guess by LW)  with the readers, but media was selective in what to share... so in the future, we choose to saying nothing.  No explanation from us, I believe those who can see things through know. 
Not sure exactly what she is talking about, but there is a good chance it is the SELF interview... I thought that was the biggest news in ShiLiu fandom today. (But she could be referring to something entirely different) 

hmmm.. media is the ultimate tounge twister.. any interview can be interpreted as totally different from what it supposes to mean. Most likely i think it is referring to the interview. H & M might already confront  this matters to them. I could imagine that even if the worse case they arent an item . Hm would want them to hold that tounge at least until 28 jan 2016. But then again i think hm already know their status before closing the deal. Precedent case they only goes with real couple for the event right? Like i think i've mention before. One couple in my country keep being secretive towards their status and keep people guessing. And suddenly they made announcement in one tv station and sell their wedding festivity exclusivity right  to air to  one TV station. It was a huge success with rating almost 40 % nationwide on their wedding live report, and alot of endorsement  deal with local brand to be shown on their wedding day.. do you think siwon and liuwen will kinda going in a same direction with their HM endorsement for chinese new year? (Not the wedding but monetize on how they made official annoucement of their status in a relationship?)

Or it could be simply they are in a stage of relationship without status. To loosen  up the pressures for both, no major commitment, and after 2 years if its meant to be , they will be an item.if both parties found a more suitable partner then they cut loose the relationship quitely.. well many ppl in my country engage in this kind of non commital relationships and was quite popular hahahaha LOL.. 

• Like 2

I have a deadline to meet and my eyes are bothering me... @liddi, could you please translate.  But the gist is that: She usually chooses to keep silent, however, today, she wanted to say something.  The media has been selective in what to publish (i.e. taking things out of context).  Wanted to shared something real (I guess by LW)  with the readers, but media was selective in what to share... so in the future, we choose to saying nothing.  No explanation from us, I believe those who can see things through know. 

Well.

I'll wait for liddi's translation, but just going by your gist it basically seals the deal. This is as good as a confirmation of the relationship. She could only be talking about the SELF interview and LW's response to the "single" question - it is what has caused the latest online uproar and led to the potential closure of mun+won. We know that LW and her team are affiliated with mun+won or at least peruse it, so they have good reason to ensure that its owner isn't harassed and that the source isn't shut down. LW may even have wanted to issue this clarification herself, but that would be too obvious, so Ms. Ren had to step in. What other interview with LW was released today, and what subject other than her supposed relationship with SW is so sensitive that in the future they'd say nothing about it? Other than her relationship status, there is nothing else about LW or her personal life that, if taken out of context, would cause her manager to go into damage control and issue this statement.

"No explanation from us, I believe those who can see things through know" - Ms. Ren is referring to us here, the shippers who know where things stand with SW & LW, who can read between the lines, and who understand why they have to be so secretive about their relationship.

• Like 3

Actually, one minor edit: the last part of Ms. Ren's quote " In the future, we will choose to say nothing, explain nothing.  I believe those who can see things through know" 

Cr: 石榴裙下Biiiiii  

a0530a71gw1ex2jsxbtdej20ku0bl795.jpga0530a71gw1ex2jsy5n4pj20wf18gwoy.jpga0530a71gw1ex2jsyp5dej20ku0r6dkm.jpg

Edited by Kculturefun
  • Like 6

Actually, one minor edit: the last part of Ms. Ren's quote " In the future, we will choose to say nothing, explain nothing.  I believe those who can see things through know" 

Cr: 石榴裙下Biiiiii  

a0530a71gw1ex2jsxbtdej20ku0bl795.jpga0530a71gw1ex2jsy5n4pj20wf18gwoy.jpga0530a71gw1ex2jsyp5dej20ku0r6dkm.jpg

what an eye for details! Thanks a lot for sharing this @kculturefun 

Caustic words from 迷死任... directed at the media who have been twisting Liu Wen's words through selective or unprofessional reporting. Here's my interpretation of what she said, assuming I understood her correctly, especially the last sentence:

I usually do not wish to make a fuss, but today I would like to say something: no matter what one says, it will all be taken out of context by the media; when one wishes to express some heartfelt words, the ones who hear it choose to selectively report what was said. As such, going forward, we choose not to say anything, explain anything. I believe that those who are blameless remain blameless, even without the need for clarification.

I'm not sure what exactly she is referring to. There has been an incredible onslaught of articles on and by Liu Wen, including interviews and whatnots. Then there are also verbal interviews. Something in what has been reported in recent days have really twisted Liu Wen's words, to the point where her manager was angered enough to warrant announcing a stonewall stance. There were already inklings of such stance during the Stradivarius Q&A session, when Liu Wen first asked if no one was going to pose questions on fashion, and later when her manager told them to keep the questions on the brand. It's anyone's guess which part of Liu Wen's words were distorted. However, safe to say that I doubt we will be hearing much, if any, about her personal life, or love life from here on. It too does not bode well for her careerwise, if she is unable to fulfil her professional obligations when all the media is interested in is her love life, and not the products or brands she is endorsing. Case in point being the Stradivarius party, where she had to ask if no one was going to talk about fashion.

• Like 7

@Kculturefun Thank you for sharing the screenshot from last night's episode (Ep9) of She Was Pretty! For those who are interested, that scene took place at timestamp 4:11. I have not watched it yet... but at current count, we have at least three mentions of Liu Wen - 2 magazine covers and him namedropping about his selfie with her. In the episode where he promised a surprise. Do we really need anything more from the man, short of an outright announcement? :phew: Now I'll need to peel my eyes on the screen even more to see if other hints surface :P 

• Like 5

@Kculturefun Thank you for sharing the screenshot from last night's episode (Ep9) of She Was Pretty! For those who are interested, that scene took place at timestamp 4:11. I have not watched it yet... but at current count, we have at least three mentions of Liu Wen - 2 magazine covers and him namedropping about his selfie with her. In the episode where he promised a surprise. Do we really need anything more from the man, short of an outright announcement? :phew: Now I'll need to peel my eyes on the screen even more to see if any more hints surface :P 

these little subtle signs are enough to keep me shipping for a long time! i love that this was the surprise!

• Like 5

@liddi - thank you for the translation, as always, very elegant.  I guess we interpret the word differently.  Your interpretation of it is "blameless, innocent" while mine is " sharp-minded"... Yours implying she is talking about Liu Wen while mine implying she is referring to the fans who follow them and have the ability to distinguish facts from fallacy....  

I guess either will work. 

If she is talking about LW, we could imagine they got some grief from H&M, and Ms Ren got angry.

If she is talking about fans, I guess it could still be about H&M... because a lot of fans were wondering if they should buy H&M given the new declaration... so she is telling the fans to judge the situation themselves vs. influenced by the media. 

Siwon is taking LW to work! Another pic (the third photo on the wall). Credit to owner/ 

676844a2gw1ex2nxa39t2j20hq18gjz3.jpg

Edited by Kculturefun
  • Like 7

@Kculturefun Yes, either interpretation would work. It could be either Liu Wen didn't say anything wrong, so she need not explain further.  Or it could be that those whose minds are clear will understand what is real and what isn't. 

And thank you for sharing that 3rd photo! I had been trying to zoom without much success... so you saved me a whole lot of screen peering :D Yup - the man has his "work" area plastered with only her covers... I can't imagine what that means.... hmm... :phew:

• Like 5