[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

[Interview] Kim Sa-rang, "My Love Eun-dong" changed me" 

She gave up sexy. Instead she showed endless potential as an actress. Kim Sa-rang has become the nation's Sa-rang through "My Love Eun-dong". She was Ji Eun-dong and Seo Jeong-eun for the past 4 months. It's like she never left at all.

Kim Sa-rang was as beautiful as ever. She had once said that eating three meals a day led to weight and as if she still keeps to her words, she looked outstanding. Yoon Seul from "Secret Garden" was no longer there. She looked innocent and easygoing.

Q: How do you feel now that "My Love Eun-dong" is over

Kim Sa-rang: "It's disappointing. I want to be Eun-dong for a little more. But I think it was the best time to end it. I haven't had a break yet as I had to go east for an ad after the drama".

You were successful in becoming an innocent girl. How do the others around you take it?

"Now sexy is awkward. I like it better now through. Those around me say I was a lot like usual self and they prefer it that way too. Even my mother calls me Eun-dong".

Do you agree you were popular more with the 30s and 40s?

"There's a massage parlor I go to. I like it strong but one day the masseur was going light on me so I asked for more pressure, then she said, "I don't think Eun-dong should hurt anymore". That was when Eun-dong was going through a hard time. So I realized how many people watch it".

Do you check for online reviews and comments?

"Of course. I didn't when I was filmin,g but I have a mentality like glass so I get affected easily by good or bad words. I can't concentrate the next day if I see something bad the day before. So I only check it later".

Was there anything you remember reading online?

"Kim Tae-hoon was bullying me in the drama. Someone wrote online, "I'm going to slit your throat". It was shocking but funny at the same time".

How was working with Joo Jin-mo and Kim Tae-hoon?

"Joo Jin-mo is exactly like his character Ji Eun-ho. He's playful. He looks strong and forceful but he's not like that. I was worried about our teamwork because we were often apart. But he's a nice man. He makes jokes on set and makes everyone feel comfortable. Kim Tae-hoon is the opposite. He's playful but sincere. He bullies me in the drama but he actually helped me out a lot".

How was it acting like a mother to Park Min-soo?

"I worried a lot from the beginning. I realized there was a big difference in being a mother while you are one and being a mother when you're not. It isn't something you can pretend to do. Min-soo followed my lead well and he was good. His mother advised me a lot as well. I asked her how she felt when her boy lay sick in bed and she said it was 'indescribable'".

Do you think you did your best without regret?

"Some people are going to like it and some people won't. I told myself not to regret anything so no, I won't regret. I lost 3.5 kilograms because I thought so hard about work. I had a hard time trying to understand Eun-dong. I re-read the scenario from episode 1 to 7 and tried not to miss anything. I think the hard work paid off so I want to be Eun-dong for a little more now".

You were absent for 4 years.

"I have always been a city girl with fancy toys. I wanted a break from that and it turned out longer than usual. I wondered if I should act again and that's when "My Love Eun-dong" found me. I didn't think I could do it. It was a burden. I am a mother with a child in the drama and is bullied by people around me. However, the director told me to be at ease and do my best".

It seems that "My Love Eun-dong" is a meaningful one to you.

""My Love Eun-dong" gave me permission to become an actress. The public accepted me as Ji Eun-dong. I wanted to rest after work in the past but now I don't. Eun-dong changed me and I could do better, but I'll do better in the work to come".

Have you been loved like Eun-dong before?

"Maybe a long time ago. I don't have a boyfriend now so I don't know. My Love Cells are dying".

We can't forget to ask you who your ideal type is.

"My ideal type is someone innocent yet wise. If he is too ignorant about the world, then I would have to take care of him, so he has to be wise. I don't ask for looks. I like Nicholas Halt from "Warm Bodies". I felt my heart thump for a zombie [like him]".

So you like romantic films

"I like movies like "Notting Hill", "The Notebook", "Love Affair" and stuff like that. I like ones that follow the emotions".

What's next?

"I want to try a movie. Something for the fall as it's approaching soon".

If you're asked to be sexy again, can you do it?

"I think being sexy is great for an actress. I was tired of it because I was always 'sexy'. I can relate to it and I'm even more grateful if the role doesn't end there. If I can do it, then I'm fine with it".

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c...

Copy & paste guideline for this article
Always put a link back to the source and HanCinema permalink

It's great that Eun Dong has inspired KSR  in her acting career and she felt that she could do better and will do better for the work to come.

@lucy13880, thank you for posting all these stories and interviews. Much appreciated! 

For those of you who have not watched Secret Garden, Eun Dong is the complete opposite of the character KSR played in that drama. Manipulative chaebol daughter type- like blinged out, sexy version of Seo wench. She should be so proud of her hard work and transformation for MLED. Thank you KSR!

PS: So so Korean of the massage lady to decide for KSR what type of service she should get. Haha

Kim Sa Rang about Joo Jin Mo be like:

Hidden Content

:lol::P 

If I had not recently gone through serious shipper's heartbreak- I would be ALL over these two. :P

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest meelis
Kim Sa Rang about Joo Jin Mo be like:

Hidden Content

:lol::P 

If I had not recently gone through serious shipper's heartbreak- I would be ALL over these two. :P

Haha, not really a shipper myself, but I couldn't resist to the temptation, when they had the most appropriate line in the script.:lol:

@jadecloud, me too, I was very surprised by her choice of favorite character / actor. So... random, but well, I don't know her taste actually. Yes, I'd agree with your observation that she's too pragmatic to marry another actor (if I remember correctly, she has dated a football/soccer player before?)

@jadecloud, me too, I was very surprised by her choice of favorite character / actor. So... random, but well, I don't know her taste actually. Yes, I'd agree with your observation that she's too pragmatic to marry another actor (if I remember correctly, she has dated a football/soccer player before?)

@meelis Random, yes that's the word. LOL. I haven't read anything about her past bf. Wonder why I wasn't curious about that...I guess it was like she said in one of these interviews, that 'it was long ago'. And I found it comical when she said 'her love cells are dead' LOL. Not a chance, beautiful! I'm sure some good men will come by soon to sweep you off your feet.  

Btw, talking aboout exes, I read in JJM baidu (like with KSR, I wasn't searching, just came across) where they were talking about his ex-gf who is/was a model, also from long ago.

And lil OT...

They had been together for quite long...like 7 years? It was when JJM had to film in China that they split up. Now I'm thinking, is this the same ex that made JJM cancel his work commitment and fly back all the way from the US to be with her? Being nosy now...hehe

Btw, talking aboout exes, I read in JJM baidu (like with KSR, I wasn't searching, just came across) where they were talking about his ex-gf who is/was a model, also from long ago.

And lil OT...

Hidden Content

Yes, it's her. JJM only confirmed two gfs he had dated, one in high school and the other one whom he had been with for 5 years. They split up in 2004 after JJM came back from China. Then he has been single (no confirmed girlfriends) until now.

Not so off topic. During few interviews JJM gave during MLED press con, he kept being asked if he thought it was realistic/possible for a man to love only one woman his entire life. He bluntly responded that he wouldn't be in position to be interviewed if he didnt believe HS love for ED.  Think given his age, his dating history could confirm he is a faithful lover irl himself. Of course It could mean other things but I'll keep the romantic image in mind. 

Think two important parts of KSR's interviews. But I can't translate it.

The kiss scene?

"은동이를 연기하면서 가장 중요시했던 게 순수함이었다"는 김사랑의 생각은 키스신에도 담겨 있다. 저돌적인(?) 지은호에 비해 기술점수 0점으로 여성 시청자들을 개탄하게 만들었던 것도 다 '연기'라고. "남자 경험은 현수밖에 없었는데 바로 교통사고 나서 헤어졌고, 몸이 불편한 남편과 먹고 살기 급급했으니 자기의 즐거움에 집중할 여유가 없었던 여자다. 프로처럼 보이고 싶지 않았다"는 해명(?)을 듣고 보니 일리 있다.

about the last few episodes 

Q. ‘사랑하는 은동아’의 후반부가 좀 무거웠다는 평도 있다.
김사랑: 처음에 감독님, 작가님이랑 얘기할 때는 결말이 완전 비극이었다. 실제 대본 처음 나온 것도 모두 다 파멸로 가는 완전 비극적인 무거운 내용이었다. 후반부에 무거운 느낌이 없는 것은 아니었지만, ‘운동화 100켤레’처럼 조연 분들이 중간 중간 코믹 연기로 유쾌한 분위기도 잘 살려주셔서 보기에 편한 부분들이 있었다고 생각한다.

Hey guys I've missed you all here. Just sharing this article (whew, KSR has lots of interviews, where's JJM? Lol)

Kim Sa Rang Says She Is A Lot Like Eun Dong

my-love-eun-dong.jpg?w=600

In "My Love Eun Dong" Kim Sa Rang played a writer who wondered why the story she was working on seemed so familiar. She wondered why she identified with the character of Eun Dong so much. As it turned out, she was Eun Dong and due to an accident had forgotten that part of her life.

Now that the drama is over, Kim Sa Rang has admitted that she is having a hard time letting go of Eun Dong. They have so much in common.

In an interview with the Korean media outlet TV Report, she spoke about the character.

"I wanted to be Eun Dong for a little longer," she said. "But I think it was the best time to end it."

Kim says that Eun Dong is closer to her than any character she has previously played.

"Those around me say I was a lot like my usual self and they prefer it that way too. Even my mother calls me Eun Dong."

Eun Dong was a meaningful role for her in more ways than one. It was a comeback for the former Miss Universe contestant. She has not appeared in a drama since 2010 when she played Yoon Sang Hyun's ex in "Secret Garden." She has not appeared in a film since 2008.

And Eun Dong was a different kind of character for Kim who has often portrayed more sophisticated sexy characters. It restored her enthusiasm for acting.

"My Love Eun Dong" gave me permission to become an actress. The pubic accepted me as Ji Eun Dong. I wanted to rest after work in the past, but now I don't. Eun Dong changed me and I could do better. I'll do better in work to come."

TV Report asked the actress if she had ever been loved like Eun Dong was. In the JTBC drama, actor Ji Eun Ho, played by Joo Jin Mo, dedicates his life to finding his lost love. Fame and money are nothing compared to their reunion. The actress said that she did not currently have a boyfriend, but she does seem to be a romantic.

When asked about her ideal type, she mentioned Nicholas Hoult, the star of the zombie romantic comedy "Warm Bodies." She's fond of romantic comedies such as "Notting Hill" and "The Notebook," so "My Love Eun Dong" was just the kind of story she liked.

Next she would like to try another film.

"I want to try a movie, something in the fall as it's approaching soon."

And she would not mind playing a sexy role again as long as there was more to it.

"I'm even more grateful if the role doesn't end there.'

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/92245/20150803/kim-sa-rang-says-she-is-a-lot-like-eun-dong.htm

Not so off topic. During few interviews JJM gave during MLED press con, he kept being asked if he thought it was realistic/possible for a man to love only one woman his entire life. He bluntly responded that he wouldn't be in position to be interviewed if he didnt believe HS love for ED.  Think given his age, his dating history could confirm he is a faithful lover irl himself. Of course It could mean other things but I'll keep the romantic image in mind. 

@luv2skulz  I also thought the same thing hearing his dating history in my opinion he still waiting for that right woman which most actors that have been in this business as long as him would have been in the tabloids behind some girl but JJM is pretty quite and private.. I think he's searching for someone like ED maybe the writer chose him as the male lead for this very reason.. I think he is the PHS we watch for the last 4 months that made all woman fall for a guy like him in real life  

@lucy13880,   At you request with the help of google

"This was a purity to smoke while eundong was most important," Kim Sa-Rang is embedded in the idea of kissing scene. Aggressive (?) That women viewers with technical score points compared to the built No. It is deplorable that made 'smoke'. "Men experience was forced eopeotneunde current hair immediately after a traffic accident, caught up to live Now that the body is uncomfortable with her husband to eat the girl could not afford to concentrate on his own pleasure. I did not want to look like a pro," I hear there is a point for clarification (?) .

Q. There is also flat is a little heavy in the second half of the 'love of Dong' 
Kim Sa-Rang: When was the first to talk to the bishop, jakganim completely tragic ending. The actual script first came out everyone was going to be completely content with the tragic heavy destruction. It was not without a heavy feel to the latter, supporting those who think that they are easy to view for taking part in the middle is also a pleasant atmosphere with good live comedic acting like a "100 pairs of shoes.

So even they wonder about the ending also.. I guess the scene when EH and ED leaving the writers home and him telling ED how the writer always separates the lovers at the climax of the relationship was foretelling us as to be warned..     

About the ending, it is supposed to be a sad ending and the writer changed script because of the viewers!

Thanks @Chrrriiistinee for translating!

Q: I heard that the second half of "My Love Eun Dong" seems somewhat depressing.

KSR: At first, while talking to the director and writer, I found out it was a sad ending. In fact, the entire contents from the raw scripts were extremely depressing. It's not the case that the second half of the drama is depressing tho, for example the humorous scene "100 pairs of sport shoes" was recommended by the co-stars during the middle of shoot to ease the atmosphere. So i think there's still somewhere happy/funny moment involved in the drama.  

==================================================================

Kim Sa rang thinks that the hardest scene for her was when the first time she met Chi Eun Ho (Ep6). The male lead in "My Love Eun Dong", Chi Eun Ho is recognised as the best actor in South Korea, a character who busy seeking her first love Eun Dong.

*Chi Eun Ho is a top star, while I was arranged as an ordinary person. Although Chi Eun Ho recognised Eun Dong, due to the current status (She's married and he's a stop star), he has no choice but forced to conceal his feelings/emotions. Her vague memories/amnesia makes her doubted if Chi Eun Ho was her first love. The feelings was complicated and subtle. I felt stressed from figuring out how should I express/act for my every single line. We actually didn't meet each other before shooting this scene, I even told him (JJM) that "I'm supposed to be fond of oppa, rather I felt a little scared." Still I've learned a lot through evaluating all these difficult scenes.

So what do you think the sad ending they have planed to give the drama? 

About the ending, it is supposed to be a sad ending and the writer changed script because of the viewers!

Q: I heard that the second half of "My Love Eun Dong" seems somewhat depressing.

KSR: At first, while talking to the director and writer, I found out it was a sad ending. In fact, the entire contents from the raw scripts were extremely depressing. It's not the case that the second half of the drama is depressing tho, for example the humorous scene "100 pairs of sport shoes" was recommended by the co-stars during the middle of shoot to ease the atmosphere. So i think there's still somewhere happy/funny moment involved in the drama.

Kim Sa rang thinks that the hardest scene for her was when the first time she met Chi Eun Ho (Ep6). The male lead in "My Love Eun Dong", Chi Eun Ho is recognised as the best actor in South Korea, a character who busy seeking her first love Eun Dong.

*Chi Eun Ho is a top star, while I was arranged as an ordinary person. Although Chi Eun Ho recognised Eun Dong, due to the current status (She's married and he's a stop star), he has no choice but forced to conceal his feelings/emotions. Her vague memories/amnesia makes her doubted if Chi Eun Ho was her first love. The feelings was complicated and subtle. I felt stressed from figuring out how should I express/act for my every single line. We actually didn't meet each other before shooting this scene, I even told him (JJM) that "I'm supposed to be fond of oppa, rather I felt a little scared." Still I've learned a lot through evaluating all these difficult scenes.

Hmmm... saddest would have been if HS never came back...

Guest meelis

Of course... I knew it, I knew it was originally a sad ending and the writer had to come up with something like a happy ending at the last moment to please the audience. Now, about what it really was... we have a choice based on the multiple book/movie references between:

- a tragic ending (a Great Gatsby one - the husband kills the lover, aka JH kills EH; or a Dog of Flanders one - both EH and ED die) or

- just a sad ending (they are separated for good - In The Mood For Love, so maybe, as @luv2skulz said, HS never comes back).

But that line from the Asako story (?) in ep. 1 : We met three times, but the third time we shouldn't have met... implies a tragic ending, at least that's how I feel it. (sorry if it's not corect, quoting by memory)

Well, I guess we'll never know.

Hmmm... saddest would have been if HS never came back...

The saddest ending would have been ED never came back nor EH knowing that RA IL is his child..

Of course... I knew it, I knew it was originally a sad ending and the writer had to come up with something like a happy ending at the last moment to please the audience. Now, about what it really was... we have a choice based on the multiple book/movie references between:

- a tragic ending (a Great Gatsby one - the husband kills the lover, aka JH kills EH; or a Dog of Flanders one - both EH and ED die) or

- just a sad ending (they are separated for good - In The Mood For Love, so maybe, as @luv2skulz said, HS never comes back).

But that line from the Asako story (?) in ep. 1 : We met three times, but the third time we shouldn't have met... implies a tragic ending, at least that's how I feel it. (sorry if it's not corect, quoting by memory)

@meelis,  I think JH killed ED because if he can't have her nobody could just like that line said I should have never meet you the third time or JH killed EH I just don't see the note book ending here where they both die together but the mood for love ending don't fit this drama where they separate for good because of RA IL as long as he's eh child there's always going to be a connection.. 

Well, if either or both of them died, that would def be saddest...  But I believe in all of Writernim's outside references the couples do not end up together.  I agree @meelis that at very least she was headed in that direction.  So maybe I should stop complaining about ending haha.  Also, I always think of this one line synopsis of MLED: My Love Eundong is about a man who has it all, yet is unable to possess the love of a woman he is unable to forget, whom he has been loving for the past 20 years.  If ending changed, maybe that's why Writernim wrote final scene very cool and short. Too much to go from sad/tragic to fairytale. And maybe (thoughts coming as I type) that's why she left so many issues for our OTP.  Honestly, I felt like they were together (yay!), but at same time wondered if they would be able to work everything out and make it as happy family.

I think creative types often believe unfulfilled love is purest/most romantic...

Well, if either or both of them died, that would def be saddest...  But I believe in all of Writernim's outside references the couples do not end up together.  I agree @meelis that at very least she was headed in that direction.  So maybe I should stop complaining about ending haha.  Also, I always think of this one line synopsis of MLED: My Love Eundong is about a man who has it all, yet is unable to possess the love of a woman he is unable to forget, whom he has been loving for the past 20 years.  If ending changed, maybe that's why Writernim wrote final scene very cool and short. Too much to go from sad/tragic to fairytale. And maybe (thoughts coming as I type) that's why she left so many issues for our OTP.  Honestly, I felt like they were together (yay!), but at same time wondered if they would be able to work everything out and make it as happy family.

I think creative types often believe unfulfilled love is purest/most romantic...

This is why we had so many unanswer question because of the sad ending so we Eundionger should take what we got and be happy about it but it could stand for and conclusion to see how she would solve all the problems that's left  

Guest meelis

@valsava, IKR, all these movie/book endings don't connect much with the rest of the story in MLE (I forgot about The Notebook, yes), so I don't exclude the possibility that the writer had her own original version of a sad/tragic ending. 

@valsava yes, it was a funny mix of moderately happy but open ending, no?

Thanks! This is the best description of the ending. 

KSR shares her opinion of kiss scene

Translated by Chrrriiistinee

-= The kissing Scene =-

Q: Score of 0 points on Eun Dong kissing skill? (ED is a terrible kisser?)

A: "Playing as Eun Dong, I think the key is the feeling of pure". KSR has such thoughts in her mind while shooting the kissing scene too. By comparing Eun Dong to Chi Eun Ho, she's not advanced in kissing at all. Female viewers said that the scene came out as a "Jackpot", but this(poor kissing) is also part of acting. Eun Dong practically did not date any other guy, but only Hyun Soo and they were apart after the car accident. Eun Dong with her disabled husband were living under a tension life, she has no spare time for herself at all. This is the reason why I do not want to show as a great kisser." Now it makes sense after listening to her explanation.

Archived