[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

I'm not thinking about how this drama will end.  Not at all.  Not yet.  Plenty of time to think about what if's of the ending when we get closer to the end.  Not to mention all the de-brief that we will have to go through I'm sure.

But right now I am enjoying the ride in the middle.  We are only in between EP 8 & 9 folks.  I'm living the moment of the drama.  I don't know why but when I am thinking about this drama I smile.  It makes me happy.  I feel warm and fuzzy all over.  It puts bound on my steps.   It makes me totally different than how I am normally.  I do not bounce around. I know this is a beautiful fiction but it's like any good book, good movie, great wine, a great meal.  I'm just savouring every tiny weeny bit of it.  That's all and that is it.

I share your sentiment. Very well-said. Looking forward to ep 9 and their 3rd love journey. Ooohhh ...gonna be sweeter and better.

Ouuhhh, I hope we'll at least get to see them at old age. Throughout the drama, there are elderly ppl presence. On one of the 20s ED and EH's date, they include an old grandpa sitting on the bench alone, looking like he was waiting for someone. I hope the elderly presence is the writer's way of telling us the "ending". Himnae, chingus. 

@sooyoungdaebak Oh yes. Old age scenes. I welcome those! Is this another analogue conspiracy :) (@seungshinl, I hear ye)

@merlnpau Welcome aboard! :) Hang on tight! The 3rd love ride is about to begin, prob this Fri! Ahh...can't wait!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another throw away dialogue I noticed when I watched The Beginning series.  It's after the granny dies and the priest and the nun were leaving ED's house.  The nun says 'I don't think it will be possible for her to be adopted through the proper/regular process.'  Then they walk away.  This could mean nothing or it could have some meaning in terms of how ED ended up being adopted to her less than ideal parents.  Just to put it out there.

PS:  I didn't check the translation of it in any site.  But this is what was said in Korean.

PSS:  I am not suggesting anything sinister.  The thing that came to mind for me is her age.  Being 13/14 it would be difficult for her to be adopted 'through the regular process' as it would be if she were an infant let say.  But I have no way of knowing if this had any bearing.  It could be something else and relevant to the story line.

I heard this too, but I thought it was because her biological mother's whereabouts were unknown. It would be difficult to have ED adopted if they can't find the mom to terminate the parental rights, or at least let her know where her daughter was going to be living. Somebody should have made a sincere effort to find her mother at that point, but obviously that didn't happen. 

@seungshinl, there the entire interview in TOC, i think we can see kim sa rang answers now. http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=drama_new&no=4346028&page=1 

@sooyoungdaebak, when i find a drama ok, I watch several of them, if I have a crush for one, I just can't watch anything else. hah! I didn't know MLE would be my crush but it is. I dropped all the dramas I was watching, well many of them sucked truthfully, the one i was enjoying a little more than others was Producer but it gone wrong and Eundongah came to the picture and I was like. Pass. Hah!

@merlnpau, welcome to the thread! feel free to share all your insights and squeeing of course ;)

Question: Any of you watching another drama besides this one? I can't seem to focus on any other drama after starting MLED. I was like this during TWTWB, Master's Sun, FTLY....aigoo...stuck.in.one.drama.

@sooyoungdaebak I am watching a couple of other Ks, but MLED consumes me so much more. You're right. I do feel stuck in this. But I love being stuck :) I wish more Ks coming up will be this good of a package - as in the acting, producing, directing and writing! How about a Master's Sun ending? That's a great one! A classic rom-com for me.

I think we all stuck in this drama I watch a lot of Kdrama but this one by far is my favorite I just can't get enough of this love story and the feels

Another throw away dialogue I noticed when I watched The Beginning series.  It's after the granny dies and the priest and the nun were leaving ED's house.  The nun says 'I don't think it will be possible for her to be adopted through the proper/regular process.'  Then they walk away.  This could mean nothing or it could have some meaning in terms of how ED ended up being adopted to her less than ideal parents.  Just to put it out there.

PS:  I didn't check the translation of it in any site.  But this is what was said in Korean.

PSS:  I am not suggesting anything sinister.  The thing that came to mind for me is her age.  Being 13/14 it would be difficult for her to be adopted 'through the regular process' as it would be if she were an infant let say.  But I have no way of knowing if this had any bearing.  It could be something else and relevant to the story line.

I heard this too, but I thought it was because her biological mother's whereabouts were unknown. It would be difficult to have ED adopted if they can't find the mom to terminate the parental rights, or at least let her know where her daughter was going to be living. Somebody should have made a sincere effort to find her mother at that point, but obviously that didn't happen. 

@shamrockmom,  I think this would be EH next move is finding ED mom to get he away from those horrible adopted parents so this may mean her adoption wasn't legal from the very beginning..

I been anticipating the upcoming episode since saturday and friday has to started to creep..

June 25,2015  Thursday --- MLE live on TV on Fri. morning at 7:40 AM  EDT,  Northeastern States, USA .      :rolleyes:    

@jadecloud :... Regarding PAPER TOWN (book and movie)  --- Of course, I click that LINK first, ran all over online  --- read on outline/study guide. of the book, Wikipedia's page on the movie on John Green with his brother Hank, their Youtube channel "vlogbrothers", and tried to dismiss him , just because I couldn't identify with the characters in this current movie and not with the other big one, "the Fault in Our Stars" .  I prefer the  "Hunger series" guys. .

But upon further "digging" I find I like the author a LOT. His involvement in starting the Youtube educational channel, "crashcourse", later joined by PBS people (My favorite TV/Radio people ---they introduced me to my  first Korean dramas!), charitable works, and multiple other online  projects --- at 37 yrs of age, T. Green is truly a citizen of this  "digital era" ---I'm so far back, I'm not sure how to describe the world that is still arriving!  But I like much of what I can see!   :)  However, this "distance" must be what leaves me unable to identify with Green's characters,while finding him entirely likeable.   I've "bookmarked" two of his YT sites:  vlogbrothers   and crashcourse !     Thank you for letting me learn  more about John and Hank Green.!  

Yes, I can see some similarities between the couples.  The  girls are are both writers, they set the pace,  but the guys are unaware.  And the guys are more reactive, captivated by one "ideal girl".  Fortunately for my point of view, the characters in "PAPER TOWNS"  do not seem to "age" into their late 30"s.   And only the guy has that "fatal attraction" going on.  So while some themes are similar, lots of room is left to imagine the ending we want for our couple in this drama.

Quentin and Margo may be representative of high school age kids of today.  The books  are  Best Sellers.  The movie, "The Fault In Our Stars" was so popular (read about it).  My "disconnect" must be somewhat related to those different factors in each generation' early years.  Some differences may be inevitable, but can be understood and "worked around", I think. 

Should I stay up all night?  or hope I'll hear the alarm in the morning?   Undecided!

EDIT:...@jadecloud:... On p.167, I agree completely with the comments you made after responding to @stclaus comments.     :wub:

WOW.... Took my so long to erase the copy  (of my reply to @jadecloud, see it here on p.168!). I used to be afraid doing so would remove the REPLY already printed on a forum page!

Now, @jadecloud:
I'm down to watching only 2 other dramas at this time.  Because MLE plus this forum are so rewarding alone!   But still i need occasional relief! :rolleyes:  Like his assistant, I admire Eun Ho's unwavering devotion to his one fated Love.  I must relieve the pressure occasionally !

(1)     MASK, a drama that has a concept that appealed to me.  A concept popular in literature and film, as well: such as The Prince and the Pauper (book & movies) and The King and the Clown (Korea, 2005) --- a movie with the most # awards I've seen!

(2)    MAKE A WOMAN CRY/WATCH A GIRL CRY --- (50 episodes! ) --- Old style Melodrama with nearly every tired old situation you can imagine, but it is working for me!

Silly, funny, romantic. With an heroine unrealistic with her fighting skills, retired from  police force after son's death 2 years ago. Pure fantasy in story-line!  Actors i  know for years.  Two handsome men I've long had "warm fuzzy" admiration for.   AND I DON'T HAVE TO THINK DEEP THOUGHTS. NOT EVEN ONE.  Entertaining, diverting, and reliably going to BE THERE after MLE is over --- Then I can marathon and catch up to dramas i want to see.

@mdj101 Always enjoy reading your insights. Hope you took it 'tongue-in-cheek' as I've intended when I mentioned your 'ok to skip' phrase. I was merely trying to tickle your/others funny bone, nothing else :)  (didn't see it again, so I thot I'd clarify...)

I prefer the  "Hunger series" guys. .

I'm down to watching only 2 other dramas at this time.

(1)     MASK, a drama that has a concept that appealed to me.  A concept popular in literature and film, as well: such as The Prince and the Pauper (book & movies) and The King and the Clown (Korea, 2005) --- a movie with the most # awards I've seen!

(2)    MAKE A WOMAN CRY/WATCH A GIRL CRY --- (50 episodes! ) --- Old style Melodrama with nearly every tired old situation you can imagine, but it is working for me!

Bingo x 3! Me too. Although I'm kinda watching Mask belatedly. But I love MAWC too. That OTP DI/JW, though not as hot as MLED/s, are pretty cute. I love their dialogues. Also, that sis-in-law HR. She's a blabber-mouth but funny too. Love her character. And I agree with what you've said about it. Guess what? The big bro who was thought to have drowned, is coming back with a wife! Haha. The Hunger series, I like the books but find the movie a lil too violent. 

So while some themes are similar, lots of room is left to imagine the ending we want for our couple in this drama.

That's true. As it is, my imagination is working overtime... bet yours and everyone else's are too. But I'm going to try and focus on their 3rd journey of love and savor every lil gesture they make. They really sizzle on screen. It's almost like one could hear and smell them sizzling as their chemistry explodes on screen. If smell-a-vision was invented, this would be one time I'd love to have it.

Should I stay up all night?  or hope I'll hear the alarm in the morning?   Undecided!

That's a tall order for me...hehe. I guess it depends on when you can fall asleep tonight and whether you've had consecutive 'stay up late' nights. Hehe...  I think the subbed ep will be up in mid-day or early PM, so if you can't hear the alarm in the AM, you'll be up in time to watch it subbed. Even better, yes?

PS: Yes, that old-reply-in-draft prob hasn't been fixed. It's a pain. I'm going to alert the admin. Perhaps they aren't aware and can do something about it.

Livestream time for me on the west coast is 4:40 am.  I'm gonna have to wait until lunchtime at work..shoot it will probably be subbed by then.

@seungshinl‌:  those pics of JJM in a baseball uniform were unreal.  He is so smoking hot.....I am a baseball fan since my teen years so those pics made my day. I'm originally a LA Dodgers fan but go to more LA Angel games.

:w00t:

It's Friday in Seoul!!!   We all made it through the week.  Can't wait for more from our lovely couple.  

Before moving on to next episode... Did anyone else notice how ED clutches her left hand when EH surprises her and grabs her right hand in last scene of episode 8?  And his facial expressions that whole scene are amazing- so happy.   Great acting down to the smallest details!

See you guys on the other side...

Hi ! Everyone TGIF ( thank God its friday) and its MY LOVE EUN DONG DAY!

Feeling excited and worry for what will happened for episode9 and episode10... but i know there are lots of sweet moments for the two of them... and its live streaming day !!!ENJOY AND HAPPY WATCHING everyone  ...... take care everyone....

Not sure if these pics have been posted...

The 150-pax HOPE event that Eun Ho will appear in, said to be likely in fri's ep. Looks like a black tie event...will we see a smoking hot Eun Ho? 

H1zKp0y.jpg

G6Clnpc.jpg

CR: As tagged

Apparently a building near the Han river. Said to be coming up in ep 9, for 3 scenes(takes 28, 42 and 43). Never knew there are so many things one can do at Hangang (per Seoulistic). Amazing! One place I'd like to visit. It's so often featured in kdramas. And yes, gotta jog along Hangang too.  Maybe I'll bump into a Kstar? :) Like JJM or KSR...hehe

9H6T9lj.jpg

4d597caegw1etecmmvivhj20k00f0jyp.jpg

CR: As tagged 

Apparently the interior of the second home, er hem, love nest, of Eun Ho's...I thot it looks pretty luxurious. Could it be the Novotel Amb hotel's suite? But that's in Seoul and the love nest is in Taean, right?  Compare it to where KSR with her loooongg legs is sitting, assuming she's sitting in the hotel suite. But the carpet looks different... what do you guys think? 

Deleted.

PS: Catch y'all later...but, put on your thinking hats. Or get excited already, if you aren't :blink:

Btw guys, OT...re the prob of 'old reply within draft reply', if you are also having the same prob @mdj101 and I are having, let me know what browser and OS you are using. Admin responded very promptly to my PM, and apparently they haven't been told of such a prob. Thanks. (or you can PM admin directly too)

This is a bit of an odd question for the lovely Korean speakers on this thread -- does Eungdonga say "I like that man" or "I love that man" to her adoptive mother in EP8? I've noticed that translations for that phrase vary and 'sarang' obviously means love, but she didn't use that word. I feel like perhaps the word for 'like' is stronger than the English like, if that makes sense? 

This is a bit of an odd question for the lovely Korean speakers on this thread -- does Eungdonga say "I like that man" or "I love that man" to her adoptive mother in EP8? I've noticed that translations for that phrase vary and 'sarang' obviously means love, but she didn't use that word. I feel like perhaps the word for 'like' is stronger than the English like, if that makes sense? 

I have pretty much zero Korean knowledge but I've seen enough dramas to know she said "like" haha. I defnitely heard "chooa" in that sentence. That's probably not the proper romanization of the Korean expression.

I have pretty much zero Korean knowledge but I've seen enough dramas to know she said "like" haha. I defnitely heard "chooa" in that sentence. That's probably not the proper romanization of the Korean expression.

Yes you are right.  She said 'Na (i) Geu (that) Sa-ram (person) Jo-ah (like) hae (do-verb).  So literally 'I like him' not 'I love (sarang) him.'  

That said 'jo-ah-hae' can be interpreted as more than 'like,' depending on the situation.  The way she said it, even though it was new to her discovery for her feelings for Eun Ho she could be construed to mean more than mere 'like',  So, if not 'love' yet, at least an infatuation.  

So chingus, it's not always straight forward this translation business.  

Edit: PS:  for a grown married woman to tell her mother she liked another man crying, I'd read more into it so some have translated it as 'sarang'.  And I feel it's more like love too.

Archived