[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

Guest lorac

Dear @seungshin,

Love your comparison of this drama to "vanilla ice cream", but really "exceptionally well-made vanilla ice cream".  

If you're in America you can relate... Trader Joe's French Vanilla ice cream... Which I'm eating right now. Exceptional!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well guy's it 10:15 PM in my neck of the woods so I'm going turn in and get some shut eye  (@stclaus) I'm will watch my beautiful bride and call it a night..  Hopefully by the end of this drama we can see ED being the beautiful bride..

Good Night Everyone or Good Day See You In about 7 hours..  

My Love Eun Dong OST Part 4 "Envision You"(literal, not sure of actual)

To be released on 07-03 afternoon.

[OST Photo Deleted]

CR: http://www.newsway.kr/view.php?tp=1&ud=2015070308183594705

Translation:

Sounds like this new OST will be a sad ballad....

‘My Love Eun Dong’ to release OST ‘I draw (envision) you’ about the entangled love stories among three people.

‘My Love Eun Dong’ is a miracle love story about a top star who loves one woman for 20 years with intensity and purity.

Its OST Part.4 ‘I draw (envision) you’ will be sung by Jang Woo Ram of ‘SuperstarK 6’ who is known as 'the second Hur Gak' for his outstanding and appealing voice.  ‘I draw (envision) you’ is music that will express true emotions of three people: Kim Sa Rang who is experiencing a great turmoil from regaining her memory little by little, the steadfast love of her husband Kim Tae Hoon (Choi Jae Ho) toward his wife Kim Sa Rang and Joo Jin Mo’s (Ji Eun Ho) endless search for his first love Eun Dong.  

Jang Woo Ram’s sad but sweet voice will bring to life conflicting emotions of these three people.  The sad melody and emotional lyrics will help us feel the emotions of three people and will immerse our feelings for the drama.

‘My Love Eun Dong’ OST producer Doremi Entertainment stated ‘Jang Woo Ram’s emotional singing fits the atmosphere so well, a combination of his perfect vocal with the lovely ballad will result in high quality work.

Jang Woo Ram’s ‘My Love Eun Dong’ OST Part. 4 ‘I draw (envision) you’ will be released in the morning of July 3rd on various on line music sites.

PS:  It looks Jang Woo Ram has sang OST before and his album was very well regarded.

http://music.naver.com/album/index.nhn?albumId=484605

This is a performance from Superstar K:

I don't think SR is as one dimensional as some others may think.  I don't like her at all but I don't think she's one dimensional or typical.

The stereotypical one trick pony second lead with one sided love is not usually as straight forward in what she is doing. The one trick pony cries, gets mom and grandma involved, works with the person she likes mother, father, or both in trying to force the issue, relentlessly tries to get the lead girl fired, thrown in jail, convicted of some crime, or when all of those fail begs the lead to let him go. In all of the dramas I've seen that's the typical one trick pony.

SR from the start of this drama has been upfront that her end goal is HS. She has had ED and her situation investigated, worked with HS's CEO to try to first not let him know ED was ED and when that was unavoidable had him suggest that she was pregnant with another man's child when she was dating him.  She also only supported the whole Eclipse team and event to hold hands with JH so they could show the world that ED was his wife in a preemptive strike to try and shut down their reunion.  So she has done some typical petty things but no where near the amount that a one trick pony would have done and she was upfront with HS that the set up with him attending the show honoring JH was intentional, she owned what she did. She didn't deny, cry, or point fingers, she owned it...this is not typical on trick pony behavior.

She uses someone who works for her for her "intimate needs" and demands no emotional attachment.  If anything she's more like a typical male second lead.

She's done some bad things, she thinks she's superior to ED, and she's relentless in her pursuit of a man who will never love her but her approach isn't typical.

Yes she has some time left in the drama to become more evil and she probably will but so far she hasn't acted like the stereotypical screeching, crying. poor little me one trick pony second lead.

I guess where I'm going with this is that it's interesting to me that people are looking for some sort of redemption in JH's character but to what end and why.  Is it because he's paralyzed and that elicits empathy, is it because he's a male and most of us are female and it's that weird thing that we're tougher and more vicious towards other females than we ever are to men (by we I mean females as a sex, not me or you personally).

Why can't he just be a beautifully written despicable human being that happens to be paralyzed that at the end of the day reaps what he sows...bad Karma.  What would be a good end for him, what would be an equatable ending for someone that did what he did.  Why should he be redeemed and not SR.  He's done worst in the name of love and been much more vocal in the whining and blaming than SR. ED never loved him any more than HS has loved SR.  They both have obsessive, one sided love.  Is it because he acted as a decent father to another mans sons, even though it was done through deceit and lies.  If he physically grabbed a persons baby off the street would that make him any worse. I wonder.

I apologize for the dissertation  these are just thoughts that run through my mind as I'm reading the comments and I indulged myself in expressing them while waiting for the next episode.

@lucy13880 Thank you for the link, chingu... and as always, for all the goodies :) 

I checked out the above blog link to MLED's stylist, nicknamed 'strawberry aunt'. Apparently, the place where Eun Ho and Eun Dong will visit again is 서삼릉 Seosamreung (Sugar Horse Ranch) in Ilsan, Goyang, SK. Looks like a very nice and serene ranch. Not sure if these have been posted, I guess no harm looking again...hehe... 

Some photos from her blog (there are more, so check it out there):

slYfD3a.jpg

VDbpMDa.jpg

2vzISLj.jpg

sNUAXR4.jpg

CR: http://minki0508.blog.me/220408357435 

(딸기 (minki0508) - 감사해요 Thank you for sharing Eundongie info in your blog. Please continue to share more ... )

A bigger version of the location plaque from the blogger below:

Pt9vxga.jpg

THE FENCE where 10s Eun Dong and Hyeon Soo sat on 20 years ago.

And probably the same for 30s Hyeon Soo and Eun Dong who will sit on it soon :) 

OUmh8gq.jpg

K8VU71P.jpg

4lYEh2w.jpg

MbJkcUO.jpg

UCw4ND0.jpgW3tXm2V.jpg

sHwF8Jb.jpg

CR: http://bit.ly/1HAIQSi

@jadecloud, I believe this is the same place the young Eun Dong and Hyun Soo filmed their scenes in EP 1

@seungshin Yes I think so too. It must be Eun Ho's attempt to 're-visit' and re-do' places and activities they have been/done before in their 10s and 20s. Thanks for translating that OST Part 4 article.

Eundongers....since a very sad ballard is about to be released, I guess we'll all have to prepare ourselves for more angst and tears, and more tissues, probably after the kiss and makeup leO8wDU.gif... I fear we will have a very melo cliffhanger ending on Sat :tears:

Top K-Drama Moments for the 4th Week of June

http://www.soompi.com/2015/07/02/top-k-drama-moments-for-the-4th-week-of-june/

3. “My Love Eun Dong”: All coming back

Ten years ago, Hyun Soo wrote a letter to Eun Dong when she disappeared from his life. It carried all the love and passion he felt for her, but the letter also vanished. After a decade of living life as Jung Eun, Eun Dong is on the brink of remembering her past with Hyun Soo, and as though it sensed it, the letter has emerged from solitude, fulfilling its journey to its rightful owner. Reading Hyun Soo’s long-hidden words revives her memories, and although it is all too overwhelming for her, at least now, she has the truth. But what will she do with it? Will she choose to continue living the lie her family has built for her, or will she reclaim her fate with Hyun Soo?

Yesterday JJM invited the crew enjoy BBQ 

Also EH shared BBQ with ED :w00t:

[photos deleted]

more http://blog.naver.com/wldnjs132435/220408784320

Translation of the BBQ and Beer by Joo Jin Mo

* sounds like there might be a BBQ Party scene between Ji Eun Ho & Ji Eun Dong ?

<사랑하는 은동아>촬영차 가평에 다녀왔습니다!! (The Cast & Crew of 'MLED' went to Gaypyung for filming!!)
그림같이 예쁜 펜션과 잔디!! 뷰까지 완벽한 모습! (Beautiful 'pension' and the lawn!! A perfect view to boot !

KLX0C6c.jpg

엄청나죠 ㅋㅋ(Enormous k k)

9fITyEK.jpg

uWP96sF.jpg

저녁에 은호와 은동이가 바베큐파뤼~하는 모습이에용 ㅎ 조명받아서 더더더 맛나 보인다능..^^

(This is Eun Ho and Eun Dong having a BBQ party at night ~ saying it looks more delicious with the lights..>>

gVslKxt.jpg

강가라 그런지 벌레도 많은데 (Lots of bugs being by the river)
조명에 벌레들이 마구 꼬이네요 ㅠㅠ...;;; (Bugs were attracted to the lights he he he)
덕분에 테이블위 음식에도...ㅠㅠ (even around the food on the table)

GYE2QTq.jpg

NMxJEtr.jpg

촬영끝나고 지은호씨(주진모)께서 (once the filming finished Ji Eun Ho-ssi (Joo Jin Mo) )
스탭들을 위해 고기&맥주를 사오셔서 (brought in meat & beer for the staff)
다들 맛나게 구워 먹었어요 ㅋㅋ (everyone grilled them and enjoyed them kk)  

SoetPhT.jpg

8YJSVF6.jpgkG1knGb.jpgAZSKe9N.jpg

Guest iker

I don't think SR is as one dimensional as some others may think.  I don't like her at all but I don't think she's one dimensional or typical.

The stereotypical one trick pony second lead with one sided love is not usually as straight forward in what she is doing. The one trick pony cries, gets mom and grandma involved, works with the person she likes mother, father, or both in trying to force the issue, relentlessly tries to get the lead girl fired, thrown in jail, convicted of some crime, or when all of those fail begs the lead to let him go. In all of the dramas I've seen that's the typical one trick pony.

SR from the start of this drama has been upfront that her end goal is HS. She has had ED and her situation investigated, worked with HS's CEO to try to first not let him know ED was ED and when that was unavoidable had him suggest that she was pregnant with another man's child when she was dating him.  She also only supported the whole Eclipse team and event to hold hands with JH so they could show the world that ED was his wife in a preemptive strike to try and shut down their reunion.  So she has done some typical petty things but no where near the amount that a one trick pony would have done and she was upfront with HS that the set up with him attending the show honoring JH was intentional, she owned what she did. She didn't deny, cry, or point fingers, she owned it...this is not typical on trick pony behavior.

She uses someone who works for her for her "intimate needs" and demands no emotional attachment.  If anything she's more like a typical male second lead.

She's done some bad things, she thinks she's superior to ED, and she's relentless in her pursuit of a man who will never love her but her approach isn't typical.

Yes she has some time left in the drama to become more evil and she probably will but so far she hasn't acted like the stereotypical screeching, crying. poor little me one trick pony second lead.

I guess where I'm going with this is that it's interesting to me that people are looking for some sort of redemption in JH's character but to what end and why.  Is it because he's paralyzed and that elicits empathy, is it because he's a male and most of us are female and it's that weird thing that we're tougher and more vicious towards other females than we ever are to men (by we I mean females as a sex, not me or you personally).

Why can't he just be a beautifully written despicable human being that happens to be paralyzed that at the end of the day reaps what he sows...bad Karma.  What would be a good end for him, what would be an equatable ending for someone that did what he did.  Why should he be redeemed and not SR.  He's done worst in the name of love and been much more vocal in the whining and blaming than SR. ED never loved him any more than HS has loved SR.  They both have obsessive, one sided love.  Is it because he acted as a decent father to another mans sons, even though it was done through deceit and lies.  If he physically grabbed a persons baby off the street would that make him any worse. I wonder.

I apologize for the dissertation  these are just thoughts that run through my mind as I'm reading the comments and I indulged myself in expressing them while waiting for the next episode.

I'm definitely guilty of partaking in the SR-is-one-note-camp (and compared to JH, who is -- for lack of a better word -- layered, she got the short end of the stick in regards to complexity), but what you bring up is a massive point. SR is nowhere near the monstrosity of JH, and, at this point, still completely redeemable (not that she needs to be). There's a very present tendency to be much harsher towards female characters than there is the male, and I feel like (let me know if anyone disagrees) the reaction towards the wrongful doings of some of these characters is a true reflection of some slight (or not so slight)....internal misogyny, perhaps? Is this reaching? I don't know. Like attempting to justify JH's actions as something less than reprehensible...he took away a woman and her child's right to their own life, you know? He's pitiful because of the disability (that she is of no fault of but was blamed for for a decade), but...he's not her owner. He has no right to give her 'commands as a husband', which he shouldn't have the title of to begin with. Anyway, just some random thoughts from a ~societal~ view. 

@jadecloud, I believe this is the same place the young Eun Dong and Hyun Soo filmed their scenes in EP 1

@seungshin Yes I think so too. It must be Eun Ho's attempt to 're-visit' and re-do' places and activities they have been/done before in their 10s and 20s. Thanks for translating that OST Part 4 article.

Eundongers....since a very sad ballard is about to be released, I guess we'll all have to prepare ourselves for more angst and tears, and more tissues, probably after the kiss and makeup leO8wDU.gif... I fear we will have a very melo cliffhanger ending on Sat :tears:

@jadecloud I found it most interesting to read in that article the OST is about 'entangled love stories of three people.'  It's as though they are putting all three love stories (JED, JEH and CJH) on par with each other.  As if they are three different kinds of love but love still the same nevertheless.  Very intriguing.

I've always felt this is a story about 'different kinds of love stories' however they are expressed.  It will be interesting to see if this is how the writer-nim take this story to the end.

PS:  It looks like JSR will continue to be marginalized in this drama.  She doesn't even make it to the OST narrative !

re..the latest OST

WWHHHHAT? STEADFAST LOVE?     bang-head-on-desk.gif

Suddenly  why do I feel a ragefest is lurking around?  computer-smash.gif

how is it anything remotely love?everything He Who Covets What doesn't Belong to Him did was all shades of evil.evil to the extreme ends.how is that love?I hope the term 'steadfast' is an error on the translator's part. pulling-hair.gif

Ooooh, would they dare? Could there be a make-out scene in HS/EH's Black Van?! Great idea, windows already tinted for privacy, just have to give DG the night off.  I might have to rethink that whole "flames on the front grille" thing since they would set the entire van on fire!  If this van's a-rockin, don't come a-knockin'!

The OST part 4 is out!!! 

It is so good yet so sad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnsOMf9e6pA

It is sad and longing but beautiful.  Heard it only once but I need to listen to the lyrics again.  It talks about JEH JED and CJH.

How do they write these songs that are so perfect in Korea !  Mai God.

Ooooh, would they dare? Could there be a make-out scene in HS/EH's Black Van?! Great idea, windows already tinted for privacy, just have to give DG the night off.  I might have to rethink that whole "flames on the front grille" thing since they would set the entire van on fire!  If this van's a-rockin, don't come a-knockin'!

Bahahahah!  That's so 17 !  Awesome.

PS I need to go to sleep so I can get up in 5 hours to watch them live !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nite nite, sweet dreams Eundongers !!!!!!

Archived